You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Fleet Allocations

Arriva North East: Fleet Allocations

RE: Arriva North East: Fleet Allocations
So we've had the Solos in service since 2008 now, just short of 10 years. How long do you think they have left before they'll need replacing by a new Midi/Mini Bus?

This also goes for some of the Pulsars. How long do you reckon they have left before replacement, and what do you think will replace them in the future? A newer Wright bodied vehicle? Enviro 200MMCs?
(11 Jul 2017, 8:43 pm)JoshP wrote So we've had the Solos in service since 2008 now, just short of 10 years. How long do you think they have left before they'll need replacing by a new Midi/Mini Bus?

This also goes for some of the Pulsars. How long do you reckon they have left before replacement, and what do you think will replace them in the future? A newer Wright bodied vehicle? Enviro 200MMCs?

On paper, the 08 Solos will be fully depreciated next year as mini buses depreciate over 10 years, but due to the number they have, any new vehicles may come in over next few years to replace them, suggesting some examples may cling on for a while yet (epecially as darts still need to be withdrawn in places first).

Pulsars won't be end of life until 2024/2025, as Arriva depreciate single and double deckers over 15 years.

The next single deck buses due to go are Volvo B10BLEs at Jesmond, SB120s at Stockton and Commanders at Blyth.
(11 Jul 2017, 8:50 pm)RobinHood wrote On paper, the 08 Solos will be fully depreciated next year as mini buses depreciate over 10 years, but due to the number they have, any new vehicles may come in over next few years to replace them, suggesting some examples may cling on for a while yet (epecially as darts still need to be withdrawn in places first).

Pulsars won't be end of life until 2024/2025, as Arriva depreciate single and double deckers over 15 years.

The next single deck buses due to go are Volvo B10BLEs at Jesmond, SB120s at Stockton and Commanders at Blyth.

Cool thanks! What do you reckon will replace the Solos? Darlo's are in the process of getting NSA's installed (I believe) So as you say I think they'll be around for a while longer yet.
(11 Jul 2017, 8:50 pm)RobinHood wrote On paper, the 08 Solos will be fully depreciated next year as mini buses depreciate over 10 years, but due to the number they have, any new vehicles may come in over next few years to replace them, suggesting some examples may cling on for a while yet (epecially as darts still need to be withdrawn in places first).

(11 Jul 2017, 9:00 pm)JoshP wrote Cool thanks! What do you reckon will replace the Solos? Darlo's are in the process of getting NSA's installed (I believe) So as you say I think they'll be around for a while longer yet.

I always thought Mini-busesĀ depreciated over 12 years. The 05-reg darts certainly seem to suggest this. After all they're just being withdrawn this year at 12 years old. I would suggest that the Solos will be around until at least 2020. There again depending on their condition, theyĀ may last even longer.
(11 Jul 2017, 8:50 pm)RobinHood wrote The next single deck buses due to go are Volvo B10BLEs at Jesmond, SB120s at Stockton and Commanders at Blyth.

Place your bets now!

BLEs New Enviro 200s
SB120s Cascaded pulsars from Durham or DarlingtonĀ 
Commanders 3 ex London Stock deckers
Commanders have only just had a repaint, and have had work done to have interior branding inside, so I reckon they'll be around for a while yet.

I don't think deckers would be a logical replacement, seeing that the Commanders usually provide extra capacity on 1/2.
(12 Jul 2017, 9:27 am)omnicity4659 wrote Commanders have only just had a repaint, and have had work done to have interior branding inside, so I reckon they'll be around for a while yet.

I don't think deckers would be a logical replacement, seeing that the Commanders usually provide extra capacity on 1/2.

Commanders usually allocated to X7/X8/X9 from my experience. All routes which really should be allocated deckers, especially at peak times.
(12 Jul 2017, 9:43 am)mb134 wrote Commanders usually allocated to X7/X8/X9 from my experience. All routes which really should be allocated deckers, especially at peak times.

I've had 1402/3 on the 1 when I've been using it (about 4/5 times in the last month, and only had 1 MPD in those times).
The 16:30 X30 Newcastle to Blyth is now operated by Jesmond. Previously it was operated by Ashington.

yesterday saw 7413 and today had 4521 allocated.
My Flickr AccountĀ - Photos from the North East and Beyond.