Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017
The planning application on the Durham County Council website says that the depot will have 65 buses allocated.

The current allocation is 74, if you take out the Metrocentre Mini you've got 69, 68 if a spare went with it.

Can't see moving 3 Toonlink's out would be operationally sensible, maybe they might move the 30 to Riverside, which would probably get you to the planned 65 at Consett.
The new plans for Consett depot looks pretty impressive.

However (as a rare turn of event) I want to propose an idea to Go North East (I know management do look at this forum).

My suggestion is instead of entirely relying on shuttle vans to ferry staff to and from the depot, why not register a bus service via Knitsley Lane and create any additional revenue for the service. It could run say every 20 minutes and also serve the Templetown area that is currently unserved by buses (afaik) and provide links to an every expanding industrial estate. I've attached my suggested route plan.

.png GNE Consett Shuttle.png
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(16 Oct 2017, 10:25 pm)Rapidsnap wrote The new plans for Consett depot looks pretty impressive.

However (as a rare turn of event) I want to propose an idea to Go North East (I know management do look at this forum).

My suggestion is instead of entirely relying on shuttle vans to ferry staff to and from the depot, why not register a bus service via Knitsley Lane and create any additional revenue for the service. It could run say every 20 minutes and also serve the Templetown area that is currently unserved by buses (afaik) and provide links to an every expanding industrial estate. I've attached my suggested route plan.

The V1 currently serves Templetown hourly
(17 Oct 2017, 3:32 pm)Citaro5326 wrote 6085 is now branded , looks good in my opinion got it when i finished work and it was in the depot

Any photos?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
Best way (if not on tapatalk) is to use a service (like http://imgur.com) to get an upload link. Simply place the picture in [img] tags (make sure the trailing one has /img rather than img).

I like flickr as it does all of this for you in the section titled "bbcode" on picture sharing.

----

Going to have to hope every streetlite is VOR one friday night, so I can try and get a picture of the both of them on N buses. Might just be false hope though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(17 Oct 2017, 9:42 pm)Jamie M wrote Best way (if not on tapatalk) is to use a service (like http://imgur.com) to get an upload link. Simply place the picture in [img] tags (make sure the trailing one has /img rather than img).

I like flickr as it does all of this for you in the section titled "bbcode" on picture sharing.

----

Going to have to hope every streetlite is VOR one friday night, so I can try and get a picture of the both of them on N buses. Might just be false hope though

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151127050@...ed-public/

Here we are !
Site Administrator
(18 Oct 2017, 6:04 am)Citaro5326 wrote 6093 plugs not working ( hardly a surprise )
Not sure how many plugs actually  work on 6085-6098.

They have to be manually turned on by the driver, like all other power sockets in the fleet.

This is the most common reason for power sockets not working, and you'll find it's commonplace on all buses (not just Go North East) as drivers have a million and one things to remember and flicking a switch every time they turn the engine off is likely to be a low priority, as unfortunate as that is when operators advertise this feature on their buses.
14:40 686 from Hexham was advertised on the stand A bus stop illuminated information board as departing from there, but it left from the 'backside'' of the bus station - however I was able to catch the Arriva Cross Pennine 685 and arrive in Corbridge before the 686 (which then runs NIS to somewhere).
(18 Oct 2017, 6:05 am)Dan wrote They have to be manually turned on by the driver, like all other power sockets in the fleet.

This is the most common reason for power sockets not working, and you'll find it's commonplace on all buses (not just Go North East) as drivers have a million and one things to remember and flicking a switch every time they turn the engine off is likely to be a low priority, as unfortunate as that is when operators advertise this feature on their buses.

Not a problem with any bus based at Washington.
(15 Oct 2017, 1:40 pm)Michael wrote 5328/5329 should arrive back this week, if I've got the order correct.

Has 5328 returned yet?, if so which colour.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
Dan, what's on the board for the 1945 dep consett X70 on Saturday only? It's gotta end up on RKs but I cannot figure out how or where.

Does it run onto the 2151 dep Consett 45/2250 dep Newcastle 47 after the X70 returns to Consett at 2138? If so, why only on a Saturday?

I'm becoming Michael with these questions

(19 Oct 2017, 12:41 pm)Jamie M wrote Dan, what's on the board for the 1945 dep consett X70 on Saturday only? It's gotta end up on RKs but I cannot figure out how or where.

Does it run onto the 2151 dep Consett 45/2250 dep Newcastle 47 after the X70 returns to Consett at 2138? If so, why only on a Saturday?

I'm becoming Michael with these questions

Yes, correct with your assumption.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(19 Oct 2017, 1:34 pm)westy3738 wrote Yes, correct with your assumption.

Thanks  Smile
Once all the changes and refurbishments occur, what is going to be the final allocation on the X84/X85?
(19 Oct 2017, 4:28 pm)Wybus wrote Once all the changes and refurbishments occur, what is going to be the final allocation on the X84/X85?

Citaros 5298/9/00/1/2 with 5304 as spare
(19 Oct 2017, 4:28 pm)Wybus wrote Once all the changes and refurbishments occur, what is going to be the final allocation on the X84/X85?

Mercedes Citaros 5298 to 5302 for the X84/X85, 5303 is for the Tynedale Links service 680, 5304 is spare for the 680/X84/X85.
Hoping and going to guess this will happen :
5325-5331 branded for 35
5305-5309 for 61
5332-5336 for the 9
Maybe 5324 could transfer to deptford
(19 Oct 2017, 5:03 pm)Citaro5326 wrote Hoping and going to guess this will happen :
5325-5331 branded for 35
5305-5309 for 61
5332-5336 for the 9
Maybe 5324 could transfer to deptford

The 35 needs 8 buses so include 5332 for the 35.

The 9 needs 6 buses.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
X21 now following the new display format. Is this being deployed across every GNE route?

Citaro 5335 or 5336 just came off the A1 southbound 1130 onto the A61 heading either Ripon or Thirsk. Any ideas?
(20 Oct 2017, 10:28 am)ifm001 wrote Citaro 5335 or 5336 just came off the A1 southbound 1130 onto the A61 heading either Ripon or Thirsk. Any ideas?

Blackburn for Refurbishment? It's Friday so 5328 should have returned allowing 5335 (fleet number order seems logical) to go down.
Site Administrator
Indeed - and the colour of 5328 may come as a surprise to some...

Fleet livery red and blue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Not sure if this is the right forum or if its service suggestions but I propose ditching the Angel brand, which is now imo, irreversibly damaged and tainted.

Suggestions on other names? I quite like 'The 21'...says it all
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(20 Oct 2017, 12:02 pm)Ambassador wrote Not sure if this is the right forum or if its service suggestions but I propose ditching the Angel brand, which is now imo, irreversibly damaged and tainted.

Suggestions on other names? I quite like 'The 21'...says it all

Why?

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

(20 Oct 2017, 11:11 am)Dan wrote Indeed - and the colour of 5328 may come as a surprise to some...

Fleet livery red and blue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Spare for 35? To be allocated 5329-5336?