You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017
(29 Oct 2017, 6:40 pm)Jimmi wrote 1415, 1515, 7626 and 7801 have received poppies for the Royal British Legion's 2017 Poppy Appeal, here is 1515 with it's poppies (there's another on the back).
[Image: 37987847362_b3e3af3814_k.jpg]Arriva North East: 1515 / NL63VRK by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Don't expect to find 7626 on the X12 however, as it's on loan to Ashington depot this week with Belmont receiving 7532 in exchange.
Well there's definitely a poppy bus on the x12, this morning. Edit: bigun says it was an x18 branded e400
If the 22 & 24 are now interworking, which judging by the reportings this morning seems to be the case, I hope something is done to the route branding, so it's not specific to one service i.e. 22 branded StreetLite's. Just a thought, considering that the 23 is supposedly joining the Sapphire brand next year with refurbished Pulsar's, would it not be an idea to put them all in the new style Sapphire livery?

Would also be nice if all the X21/X22 E400's were in the same Sapphire livery.
(30 Oct 2017, 10:22 am)Jimmi wrote If the 22 & 24 are now interworking, which judging by the reportings this morning seems to be the case, I hope something is done to the route branding, so it's not specific to one service i.e. 22 branded StreetLite's. Just a thought, considering that the 23 is supposedly joining the Sapphire brand next year with refurbished Pulsar's, would it not be an idea to put them all in the new style Sapphire livery?

This is the Marketing team we're talking about here...you know, the one who thought it was a great idea to compare the Sapphire 6 to a luxury chauffeur driven car... 

The GNR routes should have been repainted and the same for the X21/X22s, but as they haven't got a braincell between them, they've decided to start with two Solos and a Centro...?!
(30 Oct 2017, 10:22 am)Jimmi wrote If the 22 & 24 are now interworking, which judging by the reportings this morning seems to be the case, I hope something is done to the route branding, so it's not specific to one service i.e. 22 branded StreetLite's. Just a thought, considering that the 23 is supposedly joining the Sapphire brand next year with refurbished Pulsar's, would it not be an idea to put them all in the new style Sapphire livery?

The 22s have been travelling around with missing branding for months now, so I expect that's in the plan, somewhere.

1601 really is knackered these days. The driver called out to us to get out and push on Silent bank, this morning! 1599 still stalls regularly. For 2.5 year old buses they're in a terrible state.
(30 Oct 2017, 11:37 am)BusLoverMum wrote 1601 really is knackered these days. The driver called out to us to get out and push on Silent bank, this morning! 1599 still stalls regularly. For 2.5 year old buses they're in a terrible state.

And yet they still insist on buying them by the bucket load. Wright must be laughing.
(30 Oct 2017, 11:37 am)BusLoverMum wrote The 22s have been travelling around with missing branding for months now, so I expect that's in the plan, somewhere.

1601 really is knackered these days. The driver called out to us to get out and push on Silent bank, this morning! 1599 still stalls regularly. For 2.5 year old buses they're in a terrible state.

Yet they buy more!!

(29 Oct 2017, 8:39 pm)mb134 wrote But surely logic dictates that, if the Gemini can't perform well on the X12, it doesn't stand a chance on the X18? Don't they already know how an E400 will perform on the X12, enough of them have been allocated to it.

Wink
Speaking of route branding farces, today marks one year since the Darlington - Peterlee service 21 was replaced by the X21 along the whole route and yet the EcoCity's are still carrying route branding for service 21!
(30 Oct 2017, 1:08 pm)Jimmi wrote Speaking of route branding farces, today marks one year since the Darlington - Peterlee service 21 was replaced by the X21 along the whole route and yet the EcoCity's are still carrying route branding for service 21!

I was told about 6 months ago that X21 was going to become a Max service however there are not enough pulsars available to do this. Maybe they will get painted in the new Arriva livery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30 Oct 2017, 12:13 pm)mb134 wrote And yet they still insist on buying them by the bucket load. Wright must be laughing.

Did arriva north east buy any more streetlites after the 22 batch?
(30 Oct 2017, 1:49 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Did arriva north east buy any more streetlites after the 22 batch?

Some due for Darlington in January according to recent posts.
(30 Oct 2017, 1:49 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Did arriva north east buy any more streetlites after the 22 batch?

They were the last batch to enter service with Arriva North East, however an order has apparently been made for 13 more examples for Darlington depot, expected to land around January.
(30 Oct 2017, 1:54 pm)Jimmi wrote They were the last batch to enter service with Arriva North East, however an order has apparently been made for 13 more examples for Darlington depot, expected to land around January.

Do these 13 streetlites mean the 1/1B/5/5A/12/19 are going Sapphire?
Doing a comparison,but how much is a daysaver to be used on services 306/308 only
Kind Regards
Tez
(31 Oct 2017, 9:54 pm)V514DFT wrote Doing a comparison,but how much is a daysaver to be used on services 306/308 only

£3.80 Smile