Menu

Pages (67) 1 2 367   
Malarkey   05 Dec 2013, 4:10 pm
I thought i'd make this thread as no doubt the NEB Admins will would of moved all the Posts into a Separate Thread eventually anyway as they tend to do.

So here is my Predictions:

Scenario 1

ToonLink (14) Mercedes Citaro
Lime (14) Optare Versa
Centurion (9) Wright Streetlite
Fab 57 (5) Wright Streetlite
Quaylink (9) Mercedes Citaro K
DFDS (4) Wright Gemini 2
GNE Spares (25) Wright Gemini 2
GNE Spares (15) Optare Versa
Total 95

Scenario 2

Laser (6) Mercedes Citaro
Prince Bishops (12) Wright Gemini 2
Toonlink (14) Mercedes Citaro
Cats Fast (6) Mercedes Citaro
Lime (14) Optare Versa
Fab Fifty Seven (5) Wright Streetlite
Loop (8) Optare Versa
Highwayman (11) Optare Versa
Total 85

Scenario 3

DFDS Seaways (4) Wright Gemini 2
Quaylink (10) Mercedes Citaro K
Fab Fifty Seven (5) Wright Streetlite
Pulse (5) Wright Streetlite
Toonlink (14) Mercedes Citaro
Tyndale Links (7) Optare Solo SR
Lime (14) Optare Versa
East Durham (17) Optare Solo SR
Total 86
Michael   05 Dec 2013, 4:12 pm
Well i'll copy and paste mine over from the Go North East Latest and delete it from their...

I think
20/20A -Wright Gemini 2 - 12 PVR
8/78/78A - Citaros - 14 PVR
17/17A - Versa/Streetlite - 9 PVR
57 - Versa/Streetlite - 5 PVR
67/69- Versa/Streetlite -5 PVR
M2/M3/W5/W6 - Versa/Streetlite - 14 PVR?
North Tyne Links - Solo SR - 11 PVR

Think I'm at about right on numbers.. Including spares

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   05 Dec 2013, 4:24 pm
I can't see the DFDS or Quaylink services getting nowt... DFDS serves a contractual purpose as it is, and the Quaylink does little but ferry a couple of pensioners around a day. Most times I use it I'm the only one on it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Malarkey   05 Dec 2013, 4:32 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 4:24 pm)aureolin wrote I can't see the DFDS or Quaylink services getting nowt... DFDS serves a contractual purpose as it is, and the Quaylink does little but ferry a couple of pensioners around a day. Most times I use it I'm the only one on it.

Isn't the Quaylink Contract up for Renewal Next Year and i'm sure there was talk a few months back about it getting a Citaro K on Demonstration, hence why I included it, DFDS is a similar Scenario with GNE looking to get rid of the ELC Loynes as they don't meet DDA Standards, so surely that would indicate an upgrade which I think it needs as hasn't had an upgrade for Years.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob   05 Dec 2013, 5:01 pm
Erm...
  • Lime
  • X66
  • Laser
  • Crusader
  • Washington Street Shuttle

... prehaps
Andreos1   05 Dec 2013, 5:18 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 5:01 pm)Rob wrote Erm...
  • Lime
  • X66
  • Laser
  • Crusader

... prehaps Wink

So cascades from 27 and 35's are going onto routes with older vehicles say like the 17, 57 etc?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
CatsFast101   05 Dec 2013, 5:47 pm
  • Lime
  • X66
  • Laser
  • Crusader

... prehaps

Interesting, I was hoping Prince Bishops before Laser/Crusader.

Personally I would of liked to seen:-
*Versas for Lime (14)
*B9's for Prince Bishops (12)
*Citaros/Versas for Highwayman (12)
*Solo SR for East Durham/W5 & W6 (20)
*StreetLites for Fab 57/Pulse (10)
*Versas for Centurion (10)

Speaking of Streetlites could some smaller 8.8 & 9.5 lengths be bought as MPD replacements? Things like 265 can get quite busy they could be a good option IMO.
Michael   05 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm
  • Lime
  • X66
  • Laser
  • Crusader

... prehaps

I would say if these are getting new buses... nothing confirmed yet..

Laser and Crusader will be upgraded to B9's
Lime - Versa or Citaro
Streetshuttle - Versa?
X66 - not sure, i would say these would be new bendy's, Mercedes-Benz Citaro

I wanted the Prince bishops to get decker's =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   05 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 5:47 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Interesting, I was hoping Prince Bishops before Laser/Crusader.

Personally I would of liked to seen:-
*Versas for Lime (14)
*B9's for Prince Bishops (12)
*Citaros/Versas for Highwayman (12)
*Solo SR for East Durham/W5 & W6 (20)
*StreetLites for Fab 57/Pulse (10)
*Versas for Centurion (10)

Speaking of Streetlites could some smaller 8.8 & 9.5 lengths be bought as MPD replacements? Things like 265 can get quite busy they could be a good option IMO.

You never know, Citaros from the Laser might go onto the ''Prince Bishops''? - Personally, looking at the loadings, I don't think the 20 really needs a decker, as from what I've seen they have been busy, but not busy enough. However, the peak loadings seem good, so maybe put the odd President/Vyking on the X20?
Adrian   05 Dec 2013, 5:56 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)Tom wrote You never know, Citaros from the Laser might go onto the ''Prince Bishops''? - Personally, looking at the loadings, I don't think the 20 really needs a decker, as from what I've seen they have been busy, but not busy enough. However, the peak loadings seem good, so maybe put the odd President/Vyking on the X20?

I used the 20 daily for a couple of years, and it was always packed? Houghton to Durham anyway... You were often educated on what a tinned sardine feels like on a morning or afternoon rush.

Tom   05 Dec 2013, 5:58 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 5:56 pm)aureolin wrote I used the 20 daily for a couple of years, and it was always packed? Houghton to Durham anyway... You were often educated on what a tinned sardine feels like on a morning or afternoon rush.

Thats why I said the peak loadings could do with a President or a Vyking Wink - Through the day, it's busier from HLS to Durham from what I've saw Smile
Adrian   05 Dec 2013, 6:03 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 5:58 pm)Tom wrote Thats why I said the peak loadings could do with a President or a Vyking Wink - Through the day, it's busier from HLS to Durham from what I've saw Smile

It kind of buggers you though.. I doubt customers would appreciate being promised these wonderful new buses (if they get Citaros for example), yet on their way to and from work be stuck with a 10+ year old spare Vyking or President..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   05 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:03 pm)aureolin wrote It kind of buggers you though.. I doubt customers would appreciate being promised these wonderful new buses (if they get Citaros for example), yet on their way to and from work be stuck with a 10+ year old spare Vyking or President..

I suppose you've got a point there! - Do you know if the X20 is the busiest? If so, that wouldn't be part of the ''Prince Bishops'' brand, and use a President?
Adrian   05 Dec 2013, 6:09 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm)Tom wrote I suppose you've got a point there! - Do you know if the X20 is the busiest? If so, that wouldn't be part of the ''Prince Bishops'' brand, and use a President?

Haven't used it for a while, but it used to be just as busy as the 20. Lots of people travelling from the colleges and uni in Durham I found.

Michael   05 Dec 2013, 6:13 pm
If this order goes ahead for these routes to get new buses...

Lime, X66,Laser,Crusader,Washington Street Shuttle.. then it looks like the B10's will start getting withdrawn...=(

GNE have said they planning on ordering 80 buses between 2014/2015 on that PDF for the... Go North East Promotes Partnership Working.

What is the current PVR for the M2/M3/W5/W6?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   05 Dec 2013, 6:20 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:09 pm)aureolin wrote Haven't used it for a while, but it used to be just as busy as the 20. Lots of people travelling from the colleges and uni in Durham I found.

Ah right, it seems a bit pointless having deckers for the route when it isn't really busy through the day Sunderland to Houghton-le-Spring.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob   05 Dec 2013, 6:24 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 5:18 pm)andreos1 wrote So cascades from 27 and 35's are going onto routes with older vehicles say like the 17, 57 etc?

It is likely that there would be another level of cascades. Citaro to Omnicity or Solar routes which are in return cascaded to Northern based routes.
Rob   05 Dec 2013, 6:26 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)Michael wrote I would say if these are getting new buses... nothing confirmed yet..

Laser and Crusader will be upgraded to B9's
Lime - Versa or Citaro
Streetshuttle - Versa?
X66 - not sure, i would say these would be new bendy's, Mercedes-Benz Citaro

I wanted the Prince bishops to get decker's =(

15 Citaro for the Lime prehaps? 13 required to match the PVR and 2 spare.
Andreos1   05 Dec 2013, 6:32 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm)Tom wrote I suppose you've got a point there! - Do you know if the X20 is the busiest? If so, that wouldn't be part of the ''Prince Bishops'' brand, and use a President?

Based purely on observation, the 20s are a funny service.

Between Houghton and Sunderland - it appears to be the bus of choice, with it being quicker than the 35's.

The 20a and x20 benefit from serving Rainton Bridge, although at times it can ride through without stopping.
It does have through passengers, but it appears the 20 has more travelling to/from Durham from the Houghton/Hall Lane/Gillas Lane area.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   05 Dec 2013, 6:33 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:26 pm)Rob wrote 15 Citaro for the Lime prehaps? 13 required to match the PVR and 2 spare.

Maybe, they seem the better option, think Versa would struggle.

Can see each service having a couple of spares.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm
  • Lime
  • X66
  • Laser
  • Crusader

... prehaps

Lime is already confirmed for March 2014 from that Optare Press Release when we learned about the Venture and Citylink getting New Buses a few months back, I have just remembered about that and I would assume everyone else forgot about it also and I am sure Rob hinted at it a few weeks back also if my memory serves me correctly, Basically why I included it in my list of Predictions on all 3 Scenarios.

As for the others, The X66 in all honesty I haven't a clue on what could be used on their due to that Low Bridge Metro Bridge as it comes off the Centrelink heading into Gateshead.

Laser I thought would get 6 New Citaros to free up the Solars so that the Renowns etc could be Withdrawn, Thus helping to Standardise the GNE Fleet more.

Crusader is a Suprising One for me, I think maybe if the Laser does get Brand New Buses, then the Citaros off there could go onto the Crusader, and have the Frequency Increased between Newcastle and Jarrow as that's the Busiest Section of the Route. For Example, Newcastle to South Shields Every 12 Minutes, and then have a Short 27A which would go as far as Jarrow Every 12 Minutes, So you'd then have a 27 Every 6/7 Minutes.

And Finally my Local Route the WSS, The reason I excluded it from the list is because I believe the Quaylink will receive an Upgrade in 2014 which would allow for the Quaylink Versas to be Transferred over to Washington for the M2/M3, Allowing for the Cadets to go elsewhere.
Adrian   05 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Lime is already confirmed for March 2014 from that Optare Press Release when we learned about the Venture and Citylink getting New Buses a few months back, I have just remembered about that and I would assume everyone else forgot about it also and I am sure Rob hinted at it a few weeks back also if my memory serves me correctly, Basically why I included it in my list of Predictions on all 3 Scenarios.

As for the others, The X66 in all honesty I haven't a clue on what could be used on their due to that Low Bridge Metro Bridge as it comes off the Centrelink heading into Gateshead.

Laser I thought would get 6 New Citaros to free up the Solars so that the Renowns etc could be Withdrawn, Thus helping to Standardise the GNE Fleet more.

Crusader is a Suprising One for me, I think maybe if the Laser does get Brand New Buses, then the Citaros off there could go onto the Crusader, and have the Frequency Increased between Newcastle and Jarrow as that's the Busiest Section of the Route. For Example, Newcastle to South Shields Every 12 Minutes, and then have a Short 27A which would go as far as Jarrow Every 12 Minutes, So you'd then have a 27 Every 6/7 Minutes.

And Finally my Local Route the WSS, The reason I excluded it from the list is because I believe the Quaylink will receive an Upgrade in 2014 which would allow for the Quaylink Versas to be Transferred over to Washington for the M2/M3, Allowing for the Cadets to go elsewhere.

Source? Press release only mentioned 14 Versas and 12 Solo SRs.

http://www.optare.com/pr_22_08_13.htm

Michael   05 Dec 2013, 6:41 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Lime is already confirmed for March 2014 from that Optare Press Release when we learned about the Venture and Citylink getting New Buses a few months back, I have just remembered about that and I would assume everyone else forgot about it also and I am sure Rob hinted at it a few weeks back also if my memory serves me correctly, Basically why I included it in my list of Predictions on all 3 Scenarios.

for the lime i can't remember that press release?

I really think the Laser might get B9's but its possible, like u said.. it will just get 6 citaros's to replace the Scania's..

Crusader is the same, i was surprised, wonder if these might B9's

Streetshuttle - Solo SR or Versa, that's what i'll go for..

X66 - no idea but will probable's be bendy's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   05 Dec 2013, 6:48 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think your memory is not serving you correct Big Grin

Yeah it appears I may of been wrong, I still think the Lime will get Versas though as it says in the Press Release Below the following.

"A key factor in Go North East’s decision to order the 11.7 metre Versa was its successful operation during an extended trial of the model over a ten week period earlier this year. The test vehicle was put through its paces on some of the most demanding and intensive city centre services, with high passenger loadings and numerous hills. What particularly impressed them was the exceptional fuel efficiency achieved in these extremely testing conditions."

http://www.optare.com/pr_22_08_13.htm
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob   05 Dec 2013, 6:49 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote As for the others, The X66 in all honesty I haven't a clue on what could be used on their due to that Low Bridge Metro Bridge as it comes off the Centrelink heading into Gateshead.

Standard single decked vehicles with an increase in frequency maybe? It would provide the same capacity across the route per hour as the articulated Citaro do.
Malarkey   05 Dec 2013, 6:54 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:49 pm)Rob wrote Standard single decked vehicles with an increase in frequency maybe? It would provide the same capacity across the route per hour as the articulated Citaro do.

That's a good point, Thinking about it now perhaps some form of Hybrid could be an Option
Michael   05 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 6:54 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote That's a good point, Thinking about it now perhaps some form of Hybrid could be an Option

Hybrids might be a good option, which style would u go for, Versa or would u go for the Gas buses like the ones Stagecoach in Sunderland are getting?

What was that bus which was on trail on the X66 and M1 ages ago?, I had a few rides and it was a really good ride, they were long to.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101   05 Dec 2013, 7:12 pm
Can't see Laser getting B9's, certainly not if we're saying the 20 won't get them. The 20 is a lot busier than the 35.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   05 Dec 2013, 7:15 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm)Michael wrote Hybrids might be a good option, which style would u go for, Versa or would u go for the Gas buses like the ones Stagecoach in Sunderland are getting?

What was that bus which was on trail on the X66 and M1 ages ago?, I had a few rides and it was a really good ride, they were long to.

Neither I would go with the Volvo 7900, And the Bus which was the M1 a few years back was a Scania Omnicity Tri-Axle
Michael   05 Dec 2013, 7:22 pm
(05 Dec 2013, 7:15 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Neither I would go with the Volvo 7900, And the Bus which was the M1 a few years back was a Scania Omnicity Tri-Axle

I forgot about the Volvo 7900, that might be a good choice.

Ah yes it was, the Scania Omnicity Tri-Axle was a good bus.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (67) 1 2 367