Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
PYGALLS COACHES | North East Buses

Skip to main content

RE: PYGALLS COACHES
(27 Nov 2013, 7:21 pm)Dan wrote More new vehicles at Pygalls as expected, this time in the form of YJ55BJE, an ex-First Cymru Optare Tempo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27204054@N07/11088234525/

It's from Arriva not First, searched the Reg to see where it had came from on Flickr, not a bad acquisition by Pygalls, hopefully more to come as the Olympian/Dart and ELC they have sound terrible.
Site Administrator
(27 Nov 2013, 7:37 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote It's from Arriva not First, searched the Reg to see where it had came from on Flickr, not a bad acquisition by Pygalls, hopefully more to come as the Olympian/Dart and ELC they have sound terrible.

Ah, Peter must have made an error on his caption - directly copied it from there. Tongue
(27 Nov 2013, 7:21 pm)Dan wrote More new vehicles at Pygalls as expected, this time in the form of YJ55BJE, an ex-First Cymru Optare Tempo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27204054@N07/11088234525/

They've had it since end of October. Been wondering when it would appear!

In short, not the best.
Were quite a few put up for sale from Traws Cymru on ebay which never really shifted. When they went to auction, one of them blew their engine on the way out of the auction house.... Batch are Mercedes engines, but not sure on gearbox - allison or ZF anyhow (probably allison). Have the bog standard Optare standard interior though.
It is ex First, originally with them and then moved to Arriva with the contracts.
The 2 Neoplan Starliners have gone with the arrival of the 09 plate Jonckheere.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(27 Nov 2013, 7:37 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote It's from Arriva not First, searched the Reg to see where it had came from on Flickr, not a bad acquisition by Pygalls, hopefully more to come as the Olympian/Dart and ELC they have sound terrible.

As Scott said above, it was new to First and passed to Arriva when First closed their depot in Carmarthen. They were then withdrawn by Arriva last year when they began operating the part-funded services commercially (although they are now closing the depot in Aberystwyth before Christmas so the services are withdrawn).
Site Administrator
Anyone know if BIG is still around? Sure I've seen it with another operator, but not certain.
David someone coaches, or something along those lines if he has sold it.
Was on loan to Franks Coaches when I saw it in Newcastle a month or 2 ago. May be with David Dove Travel though? They're based in Sunderland and bought K7PYG the red/silver Excalibur off Pygalls...

Site Administrator
(27 Nov 2013, 11:27 pm)tyresmoke wrote Was on loan to Franks Coaches when I saw it in Newcastle a month or 2 ago. May be with David Dove Travel though? They're based in Sunderland and bought K7PYG the red/silver Excalibur off Pygalls...

That's the name i was trying to think of. Think it must do some form of scholar at half 3 - I've seen briefly from a distance on Chester Rd heading towards town twice now.
(28 Nov 2013, 7:27 am)Dan wrote That's the name i was trying to think of. Think it must do some form of scholar at half 3 - I've seen briefly from a distance on Chester Rd heading towards town twice now.

Can you tell I've been hammering the research recently in time for a major update? :p

EDIT:
Pygall's appear to have a 2nd yard in Sunderland, new Pallion Metro station, at "Unit 12/13, Alexandra Business Park, Riverside South, Sunderland, SR4 6UG"

I never had any problems with N755OYR (Dennis Dart / ELC EL2000). Quite possibly it was the best high floor Dart I've travelled on since they were nearly new.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(29 Nov 2013, 3:15 am)GMitchelhill wrote I never had any problems with N755OYR (Dennis Dart / ELC EL2000). Quite possibly it was the best high floor Dart I've travelled on since they were nearly new.

Yeah, I don't know how he can say the Olympian was bad either? :O
Site Administrator
(28 Nov 2013, 9:34 am)tyresmoke wrote EDIT:
Pygall's appear to have a 2nd yard in Sunderland, new Pallion Metro station, at "Unit 12/13, Alexandra Business Park, Riverside South, Sunderland, SR4 6UG"

Was gonna say I'll have a run down this weekend at some point and see what's actually there for you, but it all appears to be private property with gates at the entrance of the business park - pass! Looks rather run down to begin with...
(29 Nov 2013, 7:49 am)Tom wrote Yeah, I don't know how he can say the Olympian was bad either? :O

Not the GNE one Tom, the one from Arriva "The Shires" G627 BPH, which is actually Volvo Citybus with similar Bodywork to that of the Palatine 1, my bad got mixed up with the 2, had the pleasure of photographing it on Monday when it was on the 230 and it sounded awful.
(29 Nov 2013, 9:21 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Not the GNE one Tom, the one from Arriva "The Shires" G627 BPH, which is actually Volvo Citybus with similar Bodywork to that of the Palatine 1, my bad got mixed up with the 2, had the pleasure of photographing it on Monday when it was on the 230 and it sounded awful.

Oh yeah, that was disgusting - Sorry Smile
Found Olympian R395LGH painted all white in the yard at Stephensons of Easingwold today, still with Pygalls on the destination! Not 100% sure if its in their fleet or if its with PCV North East dealer who are also based there. It was parked with the rest of the Stephensons deckers though.

Site Administrator
On the subject of Pygalls... Sure I saw K5PYG/K6PYG in Park Lane yesterday. Wasn't being my usual enthusiast self and was having a day off - but I believe they only have two of the big blue contraptions? Still with Pygalls on the side too.
(02 Dec 2013, 6:47 am)Dan wrote On the subject of Pygalls... Sure I saw K5PYG/K6PYG in Park Lane yesterday. Wasn't being my usual enthusiast self and was having a day off - but I believe they only have two of the big blue contraptions? Still with Pygalls on the side too.

Yes, K5PYG was parked at York Racecourse yesterday as well.
Site Administrator
(02 Dec 2013, 7:41 am)Kuyoyo wrote Yes, K5PYG was parked at York Racecourse yesterday as well.

Could it have just been BIG that went in for the Jonck then, rather than the K5/K6?
(02 Dec 2013, 7:45 am)Dan wrote Could it have just been BIG that went in for the Jonck then, rather than the K5/K6?

Possible though the fact that its been sold locally would suggest not.

Site Administrator
The Tempo took the final run ever of the 230 this evening. Had planned to get a photo, but the driver didn't even stop in Park Lane. Departed 10m early for Horden at 1705.
Just to clear things up the 230 is not being withdrawn but rerouted to run beyond Easington to Seaham via Dalton Park instead of Sunderland with timing alterations and more journeys also.
Site Administrator
(06 Dec 2013, 5:19 pm)peter wrote Just to clear things up the 230 is not being withdrawn but rerouted to run beyond Easington to Seaham via Dalton Park instead of Sunderland with timing alterations and more journeys also.

Sorry, I meant the final run ever from Sunderland.
No worries, just making sure people knew because on the Nexus website it has it down as being entirely withdrawn as the new route is not in their 'boundary' of operation/timetable info when in fact it is only withdrawn to Sunderland.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(06 Dec 2013, 5:13 pm)Dan wrote The Tempo took the final run ever of the 230 this evening. Had planned to get a photo, but the driver didn't even stop in Park Lane. Departed 10m early for Horden at 1705.

230 operated today to Sunderland, I'm sure changes were registered from 11th Decmeber. Tomorrow maybe/should be the last day of 230 as we currently know it.
Site Administrator
(09 Dec 2013, 9:59 pm)CatsFast101 wrote 230 operated today to Sunderland, I'm sure changes were registered from 11th Decmeber. Tomorrow maybe/should be the last day of 230 as we currently know it.

Ah, yes. Just Nexus giving wrong dates!
(09 Dec 2013, 10:17 pm)Dan wrote Ah, yes. Just Nexus giving wrong dates!

Not at all, the Connect Tees Valley timetable for the revised service gives today as the start day.
Site Administrator
(09 Dec 2013, 10:26 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Not at all, the Connect Tees Valley timetable for the revised service gives today as the start day.

Looking back at the registration Scott posted a few weeks ago, it was due to be cancelled from 11th December, with the new service the day after?
CatsFast101 has backed that up by saying it ran to Sunderland today.
Site Administrator
Just looked on Traveline... The 230 exists when travelling between Sunderland and Hartlepool for today and tomorrow - nothing for Thursday.
Guess Nexus and Connect Tees Valley are equally as bad!