Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2
(28 Jan 2019, 8:27 pm)Jamie M wrote Rumours about that piece of land have existed longer than the land itself.

With documents regarding planning permission having been submitted, probably safe to say it's no longer a rumour and the expansion is being considered.

Application was validated last August, with an amendment in December. Status still down as 'Awaiting Decision'.
https://public.gateshead.gov.uk/online-a...ab=summary&keyVal=PCW5SNHKMU300
(28 Jan 2019, 7:49 pm)pbjd wrote No, X30 to interwork with X70&X71.

The 1st X70nfrom consett will work onto an X30, however the rest of the X70/X71 continue to work as now. Wouldn't be surprised if the allocation of this route becomes double decker (6124/25 & 31) with the loss of the Toon Link branding, i don't think they'll leave 3 Omnicities at Consett when all the rest go on.
(29 Jan 2019, 6:30 am)Stanleyone wrote The 1st X70nfrom consett will work onto an X30, however the rest of the X70/X71 continue to work as now. Wouldn't be surprised if the allocation of this route becomes double decker (6124/25 & 31) with the loss of the Toon Link branding, i don't think they'll leave 3 Omnicities at Consett when all the rest go on.

I'm a fan of the Toonlink livery, I do think when it was adopted onto the 32 service a few years a back it created a slight bit of confusion customer based wise, especially people around the Durham area! 

I used the services from time to time, and I really don't think the X70/X71 justifies double deckers, I feel like I very rarely see a single decker on there, which I think would suit the majority of runs better. 

They could operate similar to the Red kite services and have the double deckers on the busier boards
Jamie M
Unregistered
(29 Jan 2019, 3:31 pm)Ds1197 wrote What's happening with the red kites when the new depot opens
Nothing
Jamie M
Unregistered
(29 Jan 2019, 7:46 pm)L469 YVK wrote What about the runs after 2230?
What about them?
(28 Jan 2019, 7:49 pm)pbjd wrote No, X30 to interwork with X70&X71.

Think i worked out the PVR would be X30/X70/X71 - PVR - 6.5 (round up to 7, with layover) 

I wonder if could easily be worked out where 7 of the contract deckers could be moved out to Saltmeadows (limit 30, currently at 22), meaning the 7 buses needed for the X30/X70/X71 can be moved to Riverside, meaning NO main services would leave Riverside.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(29 Jan 2019, 8:10 pm)Michael wrote Think i worked out the PVR would be X30/X70/X71 - PVR - 6.5 (round up to 7, with layover) 

I wonder if could easily be worked out where 7 of the contract deckers could be moved out to Saltmeadows (limit 30, currently at 22), meaning the 7 buses needed for the X30/X70/X71 can be moved to Riverside, meaning NO main services would leave Riverside.
You would have to move the splits drivers with the buses. That's one can of worms to just get a few routes moved around.

I can't see the X30 staying at stanley. I would have thought the Omnicities would have returned to Riverside and B9s stay up Stanley.
(29 Jan 2019, 10:20 pm)L469 YVK wrote Can't the new depot only operate until 2230?

Why would a rule like this need to be imposed?
(29 Jan 2019, 10:29 pm)S813 FVK wrote Why would a rule like this need to be imposed?

Conditions like that are often imposed by Leeds as part of the planning approval process. 
It can be as detailed as no right hand turnings out of the depot too. 

No idea whether conditions like this are in place with the new depot, but it's not unheard of.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jamie M
Unregistered
(29 Jan 2019, 11:09 pm)Andreos1 wrote Conditions like that are often imposed by Leeds as part of the planning approval process. 
It can be as detailed as no right hand turnings out of the depot too. 

No idea whether conditions like this are in place with the new depot, but it's not unheard of.
It's at the end of an industrial estate, passing very few houses, so I really cannot see this ever being an issue. I think it was more just rumour at the start of the project, rather than actual based ruling.
(29 Jan 2019, 8:16 pm)Jamie M wrote You would have to move the splits drivers with the buses. That's one can of worms to just get a few routes moved around.

I can't see the X30 staying at stanley. I would have thought the Omnicities would have returned to Riverside and B9s stay up Stanley.

The X30s are not staying at Stanley, but then again nothing is staying at Stanley!!. The X30s are moving to consett, 3 buses and not interworking with anything. I've seen the duty content for the new workings. There is no time limits on the depot. Hopefully this puts the X30s and no vehicle movements after 2230 to bed!!!
(30 Jan 2019, 1:54 pm)Stanleyone wrote The X30s are not staying at Stanley, but then again nothing is staying at Stanley!!. The X30s are moving to consett, 3 buses and not interworking with anything. I've seen the duty content for the new workings. There is no time limits on the depot. Hopefully this puts the X30s and no vehicle movements after 2230 to bed!!!

Good stuff! Pleased that the 2230 restriction was only a rumor or part of the initial proposals but later axed. Good to see Consett being able to operate the routes that move over from Stanley.

On another note, what are the key dates to look out for with regards to service changes this year?
(30 Jan 2019, 9:08 pm)L469 YVK wrote Good stuff! Pleased that the 2230 restriction was only a rumor or part of the initial proposals but later axed. Good to see Consett being able to operate the routes that move over from Stanley.

On another note, what are the key dates to look out for with regards to service changes this year?

New depot was said to be opening next month, however, nothing has appeared on VOSA yet.

Normally June has some changes too.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 Jan 2019, 9:08 pm)L469 YVK wrote Good stuff! Pleased that the 2230 restriction was only a rumor or part of the initial proposals but later axed. Good to see Consett being able to operate the routes that move over from Stanley.

24th or 31st of March possibly.
(30 Jan 2019, 1:54 pm)Stanleyone wrote The X30s are not staying at Stanley, but then again nothing is staying at Stanley!!. The X30s are moving to consett, 3 buses and not interworking with anything. I've seen the duty content for the new workings. There is no time limits on the depot. Hopefully this puts the X30s and no vehicle movements after 2230 to bed!!!

Will it still interwork with the 16A and run off the M6 (I think) on sunday.

(04 Feb 2019, 5:20 pm)GNE6312 wrote Will it still interwork with the 16A and run off the M6 (I think) on sunday.

On Sundays the X30 will interwork with the 16A from / to Durham. The M6 will as a result not interwork with the 16A/X30 as it currently does.
(06 Feb 2019, 1:59 am)DH9 wrote Any changes to the 11.15 pm 6A Newcastle to Stanley service?   I'm assuming this last run will still be with a Stanley (or rather Consett) bus.

It's not as though I fall onto this bus after a few beers. Big Grin

There's a logic it will be terminated at either Dipton or Annfield Plain on Mondays to Thursdays for a quick return to the new Consett depot as once within County Durham it carries very few passengers as far as Stanley except for Friday's and Saturdays.

DH9

6/6A will not be run using a Consett bus. This i believe like the daytime service will be operated by Riverside.

(30 Jan 2019, 9:26 pm)Michael wrote New depot was said to be opening next month, however, nothing has appeared on VOSA yet.

Normally June has some changes too.

Beginning of April. Associated applicable timetable changes will come into effect then.
Site Administrator
(07 Feb 2019, 12:09 pm)DH9 wrote I noticed also a few weeks back a 6A numbered bus at Stanley with Metrocente on it, not a current termination point.

I might be reading too much into this, but this might mean the 22.57 6A (22.12 on a Sunday) might continue to the Metrocentre rather than terminate at Crookgate with Riverside being right next to the Metrocentre.

Not sure what you think you saw, but it couldn't have been a 6A with Metrocentre as the terminal point, as this isn't programmed in?
Site Administrator
(07 Feb 2019, 4:54 pm)DH9 wrote Mid-January.   I'd come out of the gym and know what I saw.

Sorry, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one...

As the person who programs the displays, I know what can be shown and what can't... and as that particular variant of the 6A isn't programmed, that display can't be shown! Wink
Site Administrator
(07 Feb 2019, 6:56 pm)DH9 wrote Fair enough - you're not the only person that does it are you?   There's no-one else trained to do it?

I did wonder if it misread what I saw.   I was getting on a 16 to head home I think at 18.20.   There were three buses unoperational, two in stands A and B.   Both those in stands A and B had 6A on with that in stand B saying Metrocentre, the other, Newcastle.  I looked twice as I've never seen that on a 6 or a 6A before.   It was definitely not an M6, during the week run usually with mini-buses (it wasn't a mini-bus).

I though I'd  mention it in passing, that's all.   It appears we have a mystery. Big Grin

I'm really only interested from the point of view I want to know what's happening to buses I use and the 6 / 6A is a biggy.   I've been hearing rumours of service changes since early January and just want to put some flesh on the bones.

Just me that does it at Go North East!

The new depot opens in two months time, so any changes to services will be registered in the upcoming days. It shouldn't be too long after that details are confirmed officially by Go North East on their website.

For those interested in the bus workings - these details have now been released to drivers so I'm able to confirm some details...

Consett Depot will operate the following routes:
  • Services 15/15A (PVR 3)
  • Services 16/16A (PVR 9)
  • Services 45/46/47 (PVR 14)
  • Service X30 (PVR 3)
  • Services X70/X71 (PVR 5)
  • Minibus Services (PVR 10)
  • Scholars Services (PVR 11)
The previous suggestion that all journeys on service 6 would be operated by Riverside is true, including the late night journeys on service 6A. The journeys which Stanley currently operate on service M6 on evenings and Sundays will also be operated by Riverside.

The X30 will not interwork with the X70/X71 as suggested in an earlier post.

The majority of journeys on service X31 will be operated by Riverside and interwork with service 6 as suggested previously, although two journeys on weekday evenings will be operated by buses allocated to Consett and one on a Saturday evening.

The X70/X71 will interwork with each other and have large layover periods at Consett Bus Station, similar to the X21 at Bishop Auckland. An inbound X71 will leave as an outbound X71 though changes to an X70 (and vice versa) in Newcastle.
(07 Feb 2019, 7:07 pm)Dan wrote Just me that does it at Go North East!

The new depot opens in two months time, so any changes to services will be registered in the upcoming days. It shouldn't be too long after that details are confirmed officially by Go North East on their website.

For those interested in the bus workings - these details have now been released to drivers so I'm able to confirm some details...

• Service X30 (PVR 3)
The previous suggestion that all journeys on service 6 would be operated by Riverside is true, including the late night journeys on service 6A. The journeys which Stanley currently operate on service M6 on evenings and Sundays will also be operated by Riverside.

The majority of journeys on service X31 will be operated by Riverside and interwork with service 6 as suggested previously, although two journeys on weekday evenings will be operated by buses allocated to Consett and one on a Saturday evening.

The X70/X71 will interwork with each other and have large layover periods at Consett Bus Station, similar to the X21 at Bishop Auckland. An inbound X71 will leave as an outbound X71 though changes to an X70 (and vice versa) in Newcastle.

Do we know what will be allocated to these services after the split. Will the Toonlink B9s go to riverside for the 6 and the omnis for the Xs?
(07 Feb 2019, 7:07 pm)Dan wrote Just me that does it at Go North East!

• Service X30 (PVR 3)

The M6 should be keeping it's Streetlites on a Sunday with the ones currently on the 32A being used on the M6 instead.
(07 Feb 2019, 7:40 pm)pbjd wrote The M6 should be keeping it's Streetlites on a Sunday with the ones currently on the 32A being used on the M6 instead.

So GNE are losing the 32A?
Site Administrator
(07 Feb 2019, 7:39 pm)JP6004 wrote Do we know what will be allocated to these services after the split. Will the Toonlink B9s go to riverside for the 6 and the omnis for the Xs?

Based on the PVRs and number of vehicles currently allocated, you could probably have a good stab at answering that yourself!  Big Grin
  • 6x Toon Link branded Volvo B9
  • 7x Fleet livery Volvo B9
  • 11x Toon Link branded OmniCity
  • 3x fleet livery OmniCity
  • 8x Scania OmniDekka
We know the three buses on the X30 have to be allocated single-decks (or low-height OmniDekkas) due to the low bridge at Dunston.

The 6/X31 interworking at the moment currently have a PVR of 9 (although this is because an inbound 6 service at Stanley has around 30 minutes layover and the driver comes off for their break). Whether this could be reduced to 8 or not is up for debate, but there are only 6 branded Volvo B9 and it'd seem a strange decision to do that when these are the boards currently allocated OmniCitys at Stanley (bar one which is allocated a Toon Link branded Volvo B9 as it interworks with the 808 scholars service - which it won't do when the new depot opens).

It'd go against the norm of fleet standardisation to allocate OmniCitys to Riverside, but as these buses are now 12 years old, there will come a point where they can't be isolated as much as they have been to date... Could this be a good time to (re)-introduce them to Riverside's fleet?
(07 Feb 2019, 7:42 pm)Tom wrote So GNE are losing the 32A?

Apparently so. I am waiting for confirmation from someone, but it has been mentioned. I don't know when the contract expires or who is getting it next.
(07 Feb 2019, 7:54 pm)Dan wrote It'd go against the norm of fleet standardisation to allocate OmniCitys to Riverside, but as these buses are now 12 years old, there will come a point where they can't be isolated as much as they have been to date... Could this be a good time to (re)-introduce them to Riverside's fleet?

Would be nice to have Omnicities come to Deptford for the 35 and 38 to replace the L94's, the Omnicities could replace 11 of the 12 scania's, but i'm sure Deptford could survive with 1 less bus (due to the amount of new buses in the last few years)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.