You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019
On the WiFi front with these:

Are they being fitted while at Saltmeadows for repaint or at a later date, assuming they haven't been fitted already

Still have 5234-5238 going round with the WiFi symbols on too, despite no longer having it.

(08 Jun 2019, 5:03 pm)Dan wrote

Certainly does - 705 had engine repairs completed on Thursday, so this swap took place yesterday.

Fab. Take it 706 and 707 remaining will continue to be spares

Site Administrator

(08 Jun 2019, 5:04 pm)S813 FVK wrote On the WiFi front with these:

Are they being fitted while at Saltmeadows for repaint or at a later date, assuming they haven't been fitted already

Still have 5234-5238 going round with the WiFi symbols on too, despite no longer having it.

697 - 700 were fitted with Wi-Fi while they were at Deptford, ahead of the service changes taking place on 19 May.

Was a slight change of plan with 697 so this one didn't join Percy Main along with the others - the reasons for this will become clear over the next few weeks - but either way this one doesn't really need Wi-Fi any more.

The NEB fleet list is in the process of being updated (shock horror - what else could I be doing on a rainy day?!) so details of these will be included when I get round to that bit.

There's been a change in stance on the feature symbols so these will eventually be removed from the full fleet. They should, at the very least, have had the ones on the side windows removed, with the harder-to-reach ones on the front destination display not being removed yet. Judging by photos on Flickr, it seems 5235 has certainly had the ones on the windows removed.

[Image: 48024254552_7086367874.jpg]Go North East 5235 NK56KHC by Andrew Tyldsley, on Flickr

(08 Jun 2019, 5:07 pm)JP6004 wrote Fab. Take it 706 and 707 remaining will continue to be spares

Not spares as such, they're allocated to the Nexus-secured 23 service.

(08 Jun 2019, 5:10 pm)Dan wrote

697 - 700 were fitted with Wi-Fi while they were at Deptford, ahead of the service changes taking place on 19 May.

Was a slight change of plan with 697 so this one didn't join Percy Main along with the others - the reasons for this will become clear over the next few weeks - but either way this one doesn't really need Wi-Fi any more.

The NEB fleet list is in the process of being updated (shock horror - what else could I be doing on a rainy day?!) so details of these will be included when I get round to that bit.

There's been a change in stance on the feature symbols so these will eventually be removed from the full fleet. They should, at the very least, have had the ones on the side windows removed, with the harder-to-reach ones on the front destination display not being removed yet.

Not spares as such, they're allocated to the Nexus-secured 23 service.

Cheers for the update Smile

There's been a change in stance on the feature symbols so these will eventually be removed from the full fleet. They should, at the very least, have had the ones on the side windows removed, with the harder-to-reach ones on the front destination display not being removed yet. Judging by photos on Flickr, it seems 5235 has certainly had the ones on the windows removed.

[Image: 48024254552_7086367874.jpg]Go North East 5235 NK56KHC by Andrew Tyldsley, on Flickr

I noticed the absence of the symbol on 5235's offside when I saw it about an hour or so ago but with the front symbols still remaining, I just shrugged it off as it having had a window put out at some point. I haven't seen any of the other 4 recently, but can judge from this that they will be the same. Ideally should have been done sooner, but if the schedule doesn't allow it...

(08 Jun 2019, 5:03 pm)Dan wrote

Certainly does - 705 had engine repairs completed on Thursday, so this swap took place yesterday.

As 55 plate scania at percy main to cover for B9s under refurb, do you know when programme will recommence?

I know first 9 have gone and come back but no further buses have been sent.....sorry for all the questions......feel like michael today Big Grin

Site Administrator

(08 Jun 2019, 6:15 pm)JP6004 wrote

As 55 plate scania at percy main to cover for B9s under refurb, do you know when programme will recommence?

I know first 9 have gone and come back but no further buses have been sent.....sorry for all the questions......feel like michael today Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin">

6101 - 6109 are back now, with 6108 returning most recently (yesterday).

6110 left for refurbishment on 30 April 2019, 6111 left on 25 May 2019, and 6112 left yesterday, 7 June 2019.

(08 Jun 2019, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote

6101 - 6109 are back now, with 6108 returning most recently (yesterday).

6110 left for refurbishment on 30 April 2019, 6111 left on 25 May 2019, and 6112 left yesterday, 7 June 2019.

Ah sorry didn't realise more were sent....

1 final question then I'll leave you be Big Grin if the red kite is in line for upgrade with streetdecks, is it possible 6118-6121 will also go for refurb and transfer to percy main to spares on C&C and coaster?

Site Administrator

(08 Jun 2019, 6:23 pm)JP6004 wrote

Ah sorry didn't realise more were sent....

1 final question then I'll leave you be Big Grin if the red kite is in line for upgrade with streetdecks, is it possible 6118-6121 will also go for refurb and transfer to percy main to spares on C&C and coaster?

..and you're not getting a final answer! Wink

(08 Jun 2019, 6:25 pm)Dan wrote

..and you're not getting a final answer! Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

Oooof such as tease Tongue

Seen 5241 driving around Metrocentre interchange with 1A to Kibblesworth on the front. What’s this for?

(08 Jun 2019, 6:30 pm)JM03 wrote Seen 5241 driving around Metrocentre interchange with 1A to Kibblesworth on the front. What’s this for?

Destination not been updated? Think I seen it on the 97 earlier and it had a bold front destination rather than the new style.

Site Administrator
(08 Jun 2019, 10:28 pm)Citaro5338 wrote

Does anyone know what's coming on the 19 when the solars are Withdrawn

The 19 is currently a mixed allocation of 2x Solo and 2x OmniCity.

The L94s, on paper at least, are covering for the Cobalt Clipper refurbishments and Little Coaster Solos being repainted.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Site Administrator

Should be up to date now. I may have missed a few things - give me a shout if so! Hopefully keep on top of it a bit better going forward...

As usual, if you wish to submit your own news, you can still do this. It'll be submitted to us for approval.

The reliability of the 309 appears to be poor on Sundays & Bank Holidays. The Sunday journeys need separating from the 310 like what got done to the Mon-Sat journeys back in March.
Site Administrator
(09 Jun 2019, 11:37 am)Malarkey wrote How long is the E400MMC Demonstrator here for?
Until Tuesday.

(09 Jun 2019, 1:04 pm)L469 YVK wrote The reliability of the 309 appears to be poor on Sundays & Bank Holidays. The Sunday journeys need separating from the 310 like what got done to the Mon-Sat journeys back in March.

I have spent the last two weeks at work on 11:30-20:00 up at the cobalt in which the 309 which is due around 20:10, it was on time on only two occasions over a period of 10 working days of Monday to Fridays.

9077 doesn't appear to be out today surely it would have been a good day to have it out when the 309 and 310 interwork
(09 Jun 2019, 10:29 am)Dan wrote

Should be up to date now. I may have missed a few things - give me a shout if so! Hopefully keep on top of it a bit better going forward...

As usual, if you wish to submit your own news, you can still do this. It'll be submitted to us for approval.

Any chance of a Stagecoach update? Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jun 2019, 1:15 pm)Malarkey wrote

I have spent the last two weeks at work on 11:30-20:00 up at the cobalt in which the 309 which is due around 20:10, it was on time on only two occasions over a period of 10 working days of Monday to Fridays.

If around 20.10 Mon-Fri, it should arrive at 20.16 towards Newcastle and 20.08 towards Blyth.

Site Administrator
(10 Jun 2019, 7:08 pm)thetravelman wrote

Looks rather smart!

Yes, even sits quite well on the older body. A lot of designs tend to look worse on the older body compared to the Solo SR.

(10 Jun 2019, 7:11 pm)Dan wrote Yes, even sits quite well on the older body. A lot of designs tend to look worse on the older body compared to the Solo SR.

The only thing (to me at least) that makes it look older is the black plastic on the front, on a more modern design it would be body coloured. Even still, it doesn't look too bad

(10 Jun 2019, 5:34 pm)Michael wrote On top of the news about the orders.. its also confirmed the Quaylink Versa's will go for a refurb in the next couple of years...

Hopefully the rest follows....

https://twitter.com/routeonetim/status/1...4288661504

I don't personally think there is anything wrong with the Quaylink Versas on the Q3, yes the newer ones are better but I have noticed anything wrong with the 10 plate ones.

I don't think there is a massive different in seating, but sometimes in the morning the older ones can seem a bit crowded. The Q3 seems to have grown in popularity recently, sometimes it is full by the time it reaches St Peters Basin going to Newcastle in the mornings. Good to see, as I was worried the Wallsend section would be withdrawn when it first start, barely anyone used it.