Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
(14 Dec 2013, 5:47 pm)GMitchelhill wrote The B7RLEs 4978-82 could be suitable vehicles for the X7. I know they are suited to high speed running.

I don't see those being freed up for quite some time though - wouldn't it be best for Go North East to act sooner rather than later, to prevent any further loss of custom owing to the ongoing unreliability of "Wear Tees Xpress" service X7?
(14 Dec 2013, 5:58 pm)Dan wrote I don't see those being freed up for quite some time though - wouldn't it be best for Go North East to act sooner rather than later, to prevent any further loss of custom owing to the ongoing unreliability of "Wear Tees Xpress" service X7?

Use some of the 54 plate Solars as a replacement fleet on Toonlink and therefore the ex Arriva B10BLE's could be freed up to go red spelling the end of front line service for them.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

There was a serious incident on Old Durham Road (or Sherriff Hill to be more precise) earlier this evening. Rumour has it that someone was stabbed or was ran over, but apparently there was a lot of blood on the road. Between the Travellers Rest and The Three Tuns pub was closed. It may still be now, I don't know.

Consequently though, the 28, 56, 57, X1 and X25 all took lengthy diversions to the top of Windy Nook, where the new(ish) Tesco Express is, followed Windy Nook Road up to the QE and re-joined their routes where the QE ambulance station is. So, if you are wondering why any of these services are about 5-10 minutes late, this is why.
(14 Dec 2013, 10:04 pm)Adam wrote There was a serious incident on Old Durham Road (or Sherriff Hill to be more precise) earlier this evening. Rumour has it that someone was stabbed or was ran over, but apparently there was a lot of blood on the road. Between the Travellers Rest and The Three Tuns pub was closed. It may still be now, I don't know.

Consequently though, the 28, 56, 57, X1 and X25 all took lengthy diversions to the top of Windy Nook, where the new(ish) Tesco Express is, followed Windy Nook Road up to the QE and re-joined their routes where the QE ambulance station is. So, if you are wondering why any of these services are about 5-10 minutes late, this is why.

Where is Andy Clifford with his traffic and travel updates when you need him!
I miss them.
www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/tyne

Hope all involved ok.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(14 Dec 2013, 10:16 pm)andreos1 wrote Where is Andy Clifford with his traffic and travel updates when you need him!
I miss them.
www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/tyne

haha so do I. Happy days Smile

So it was a collision between a pedestrian and a vehicle. The rumours on Facebook were true then (for once)
Site Administrator
(14 Dec 2013, 11:23 am)Dan wrote I will upload some photos this afterrnoon at some point.

'This afternoon' ended up being 'tonight' because Flickr was being an arse again and wouldn't let me upload any photos.

[Image: 11369975884_d8c971bdef_z.jpg]
[Image: 11369996704_e56b20fb57_z.jpg]
[Image: 11370093793_34e7c887c7_z.jpg]
[Image: 11370006876_39ccd66f8e_z.jpg]
(14 Dec 2013, 2:01 pm)Dan wrote 3964 appears to be back at Gateshead, so I assume they must have been swapped back again.

A photo of 3942 on "TEN" duties can be found by clicking here. Will no doubt end up back at Hexham soon, given that they swap between depots.
Oh damn. Just found out that that person who got ran over before is a relative of one of my friends Sad
(14 Dec 2013, 10:51 pm)Adam wrote Oh damn. Just found out that that person who got ran over before is a relative of one of my friends Sad

Not nice.
Hopefully all will be ok in the end.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(14 Dec 2013, 10:58 pm)andreos1 wrote Not nice.
Hopefully all will be ok in the end.

we'll just have to hope and pray
(13 Dec 2013, 11:59 pm)Dan wrote Not an SPD, but a Dart nevertheless...
Are you keen on 8289? Got some welly behind it, that one! Fastest Dart I've been on, that's for sure.

Yeah its ok to drive but its showing its age and its got a terrible turning circle!!.
Has any of the Versa's for the South Tyne being branded yet?

By a driver this morning the B9's for the 56 will be out in by middle of next week, this was him telling this to an old couple.

Not sure if it's true as its from a driver

Thanks for the pics of the new depot Dan, it looks like its nearly complete! =D
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(15 Dec 2013, 10:10 am)Michael wrote Has any of the Versa's for the South Tyne being branded yet?

Not yet - I suspect that branding will commence once all are complete.
Unlike 8306-09 at Deptford, the South Tyne does not need to wait for service changes before branding can commence.

(15 Dec 2013, 10:10 am)Michael wrote By a driver this morning the B9's for the 56 will be out in by middle of next week, this was him telling this to an old couple.

Not sure if it's true as its from a driver

I suspect it is correct.

On the subject of the B9s, nine were spotted at Heysham today (including the first red one!) - no doubt with more to arrive through the week. This is most likely because Wrights will not work on Week 52 (w/c 23rd December).

Go North East NL63XBV – http://smu.gs/18trNAj
Go North East NL63XBW - http://smu.gs/1j8VF9J
Go North East NL63YCK - http://smu.gs/18trRzX
Go North East NL63YCO - http://smu.gs/1fvO3Jx
Go North East NL63YHO - http://smu.gs/1fvO4NC
Go North East NL63YHT - http://smu.gs/1bHpTGU
Go North East NL63YHU - http://smu.gs/1fvO93H
Go North East NL63YHV - http://smu.gs/1b7OtRh
Go North East NL63YJD – http://smu.gs/1fvOe7F

If I am correct, this means that only six more B9s need to be sent to Heysham until all B9s have departed Wrights: 3x orange and 3x red.

I have also updated the earlier posted news article to reflect this.

(15 Dec 2013, 10:10 am)Michael wrote Thanks for the pics of the new depot Dan, it looks like its nearly complete! =D

It looks very posh indeed! If anyone hasn't been down to see it in recent weeks - check out how much work has been done. It's so big, it's unreal.
Thats alot of B9's Big Grin

Thats good looking forward to riding them when they enter service.

Think we might see the rest arrive this week because of that reason.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
8306-8309 wont be branded till changes?,thats a long time, i suspect that the 29/39 will be a non branded routes. The versa may end up on the X36 or even 238.

Since it looks like we will loose the 26/26A/36/36A/38/38A and the X3 to changes haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Dec 2013, 3:39 pm)Dan wrote Not yet - I suspect that branding will commence once all are complete.
Unlike 8306-09 at Deptford, the South Tyne does not need to wait for service changes before branding can commence.

I suspect it is correct.

On the subject of the B9s, nine were spotted at Heysham today (including the first red one!) - no doubt with more to arrive through the week. This is most likely because Wrights will not work on Week 52 (w/c 23rd December).

Go North East NL63XBV – http://smu.gs/18trNAj
Go North East NL63XBW - http://smu.gs/1j8VF9J
Go North East NL63YCK - http://smu.gs/18trRzX
Go North East NL63YCO - http://smu.gs/1fvO3Jx
Go North East NL63YHO - http://smu.gs/1fvO4NC
Go North East NL63YHT - http://smu.gs/1bHpTGU
Go North East NL63YHU - http://smu.gs/1fvO93H
Go North East NL63YHV - http://smu.gs/1b7OtRh
Go North East NL63YJD – http://smu.gs/1fvOe7F

If I am correct, this means that only six more B9s need to be sent to Heysham until all B9s have departed Wrights: 3x orange and 3x red.

I have also updated the earlier posted news article to reflect this.

It looks very posh indeed! If anyone hasn't been down to see it in recent weeks - check out how much work has been done. It's so big, it's unreal.

Fab! They got rid of the window at the very front.......no more drafty whistle sounds Smile
Will the new Riverside Depot also replace the Queen Steet offices or just the Winlaton and Sunderland Road depots?
Site Administrator
(15 Dec 2013, 4:06 pm)Michael wrote 8306-8309 wont be branded till changes?,thats a long time, i suspect that the 29/39 will be a non branded routes. The versa may end up on the X36 or even 238.

Since it looks like we will loose the 26/26A/36/36A/38/38A and the X3 to changes haha

When the changes happen, the 39's PVR will be 5 again.
It would be unwise to brand the service at the moment, when the PVR is made up of 5 Versas and 3 Northern vehicles.

As for the '29', would those red Solars not be an option? Or are they gonna go to the X7, Toon Link or whatever else that has been suggested? Tongue

Of course, we don't even know what the changes are yet...! Those VOSA registrations don't give us a clear picture, that's for sure.
(15 Dec 2013, 4:21 pm)Dan wrote When the changes happen, the 39's PVR will be 5 again.
It would be unwise to brand the service at the moment, when the PVR is made up of 5 Versas and 3 Northern vehicles.

As for the '29', would those red Solars not be an option? Or are they gonna go to the X7, Toon Link or whatever else that has been suggested? Tongue

Have any idea what the PVR will be for the 29, it looks like the route will run every 20 mins, 7 or 8 PVR?
Only going by what it looks like, replacing 38/38A with the 238 replacing some parts to, the 238 could use the cadets,like u said changea arent clear yet.

My ideas of what might happen...
9 - Omnis, with the rest made up from the ones going to the X30/X31, the 9 might get them instead cause it looks like an increased frequancy between Sunderland and Jarrow.
29 - Solars
39 - Versa
238 - Cadets
99 - MPD
265 - changes are coming up for this service to, B10's?
East Durham -MPD

Wonder when GNE will post the changes, hopefully this week.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Dec 2013, 4:18 pm)peter wrote Will the new Riverside Depot also replace the Queen Steet offices or just the Winlaton and Sunderland Road depots?

Queen Street is going afaik. Believe its going to be houses

The application pack for the new Customer Service hires stated Riverside as main place of work from 2014
(15 Dec 2013, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote Have any idea what the PVR will be for the 29, it looks like the route will run every 20 mins, 7 or 8 PVR?
Only going by what it looks like, replacing 38/38A with the 238 replacing some parts to, the 238 could use the cadets,like u said changea arent clear yet.

9 - Omnis, with the rest made up from the ones going to the X30/X31, the 9 might get them instead cause it looks like an increased frequancy between Sunderland and Jarrow.
29 - Solars
39 - Versa
238 - Cadets
99 - MPD
East Durham -MPD

There will be eight cadets spare, right? - So wouldn't it make sense to use three cadets on the 9, and send five to Peterlee for ''East Durham'' services, with the spare B10BLE?
(15 Dec 2013, 5:14 pm)Tom wrote There will be eight cadets spare, right? - So wouldn't it make sense to use three cadets on the 9, and send five to Peterlee for ''East Durham'' services, with the spare B10BLE?

no idea, we don't know if all changes have being posted to VOSA yet, would be better if the 9 was all Omni's, rather than a mixture.

The 9 might get branded to.

Hopefully GNE post the changes soon.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(15 Dec 2013, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote Have any idea what the PVR will be for the 29, it looks like the route will run every 20 mins, 7 or 8 PVR?

29 - Solars
39 - Versa
238 - Cadets
99 - MPD
East Durham -MPD

I'm not sure what'll happen with the 238, I'd have thought they may opt to send it via Grangetown (60/61 route) rather than via Leechmere (38 Route) just like the 202 used too, as I can't see the need for the 238 round Ashbrooke, Leechmere & Hollycarrside if the new 29 is going to cover that and with the withdrawal of the short 39's the 238 can go a little way to cover the loss. It'll keep the MPDs, no question about it I wouldn't of thought. (on a slightly separate note, does anyone know what Ex-Venture MPD's have been branded?)
The 99 will also keep MPD's personally I'd like to see 561 put into Northern and have that alongside 547 as the regular 99 allocation.
The new 29 which will merge short 39's, 26 & 38 will have a PVR of 7 I do believe, and I imagine will use the Solars however will also see use of a couple Vykings also on weekdays at least. With such a high PVR I would like the 29 to be branded as I think 7 justifies this, maybe in the future however. This also will bring Cadets out of front line service (36/36A & 38 withdrawn) and will be used as spares.
The increased frequency on the 9 short runs will almost certainly be run by Deptford interworking with the X36 which I imagine the service will use Renowns with Solars & possibly a Vyking filling in too. Again personally, I'd like to see the services branded but as imagine they'll interworking it'll not be possible.
The 39 as we know will soon be branded SimpliCity with the short runs withdrawn, giving a PVR of 5 using Versas 8306-8309 & 8319, however Dan has previously said that the latter will not branded into SimpliCity colours any time soon- not sure if it may happen before changes? or maybe we could see one of the spare new Gemini's or Versa's sporting the Centerary livery? Or maybe the centenary livery could be the new company livery?
With regards to the 265 giving the 265 bigger vehicles would mean giving the 202 bigger vehicles which could be possible, (As i imagine new East Durham workings will have 208/204 interworking & the 202/265) both could justify something bigger I'm not sure a B10 though. I think a Versa would be suitable. Maybe if new vehicles were invested in East Durham maybe Solo SR & mixture of Versas maybe an idea? I though of maybe Streetlites for east Durham the 8.8m models and then maybe some of 9.5m models for the busier services?

Don't take any of that for gospel just what I can summaise will happen.
I think 8258/59/67/68/69 will go to Peterlee for use on 202 and 265, with 8270/71/72 going to Percy Main for the 9, and 8273 staying at Deptford as a spare.
Site Administrator
(15 Dec 2013, 5:28 pm)CatsFast101 wrote The 39 as we know will soon be branded SimpliCity with the short runs withdrawn, giving a PVR of 5 using Versas 8306-8309 & 8319, however Dan has previously said that the latter will not branded into SimpliCity colours any time soon.

I thought I said the centenary celebrations were to end shortly, with it being the end of the year? That would spell the end of 8319's livery, I'd hope...
Those changes were registered to be implemented in the back end of January if I recall correctly, and I'd imagine 8319 could be repainted in this time.
(15 Dec 2013, 5:39 pm)Dan wrote I thought I said the centenary celebrations were to end shortly, with it being the end of the year? That would spell the end of 8319's livery, I'd hope...
Those changes were registered to be implemented in the back end of January if I recall correctly, and I'd imagine 8319 could be repainted in this time.

Ye 26.1.14 the changes were for.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Dec 2013, 5:39 pm)Dan wrote I thought I said the centenary celebrations were to end shortly, with it being the end of the year? That would spell the end of 8319's livery, I'd hope...

Look at Arriva/United, there Celebrations ended in 2012 and they still have there Centenary Liveries, I think it's worth keeping around for while yet and is there a need to Repaint it into Simplicity Colours again, it sees use on the 39/42 and 61 Daily anyway, so to me it would be a waste of paint to be honest.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(15 Dec 2013, 5:39 pm)Tom wrote I think 8258/59/67/68/69 will go to Peterlee for use on 202 and 265, with 8270/71/72 going to Percy Main for the 9, and 8273 staying at Deptford as a spare.

8258/8259/8267/8268 may go to Peterlee allowing more MPD withdrawl, the 202/265 I would imagine will need 4 vehicles. As I've said above I think the short 9's will be run by Deptford and interworking with the X36 as the X36 would need 5 vehicles with a 27 minutes overlay if not to interworking and the short 9's are the only option really.
(15 Dec 2013, 5:50 pm)CatsFast101 wrote 8258/8259/8267/8268 may go to Peterlee allowing more MPD withdrawl, the 202/265 I would imagine will need 4 vehicles. As I've said above I think the short 9's will be run by Deptford and interworking with the X36 as the X36 would need 5 vehicles with a 27 minutes overlay if not to interworking and the short 9's are the only option really.

Well that would be perfect! - 8258/59/60/67 go to Peterlee, 8268/70/71/72/73 stay at Deptford for use on 9/X36, with 4920 going to Washington to replace 8260? Freeing up 4922/24/25 to replace various Deptford SPD's?
Site Administrator
(15 Dec 2013, 5:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Look at Arriva/United, there Celebrations ended in 2012 and they still have there Centenary Liveries, I think it's worth keeping around for while yet and is there a need to Repaint it into Simplicity Colours again, it sees use on the 39/42 and 61 Daily anyway, so to me it would be a waste of paint to be honest.

And painting it into centenary livery wasn't a waste of paint?
I said in May how it was a required vehicle by the end of the year...