You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019
9079 is back with GNE.It will be operating the 19. I do not know when it will enter service. I seen a picture on Flickr of it being prepared in Saltmeadows.

(06 Jul 2019, 12:50 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Little coaster Solo 698 has just passed my shop being returned to PM depot on rear end tow.

It was only a matter of time

Kind Regards
Tez
Site Administrator
(07 Jul 2019, 9:36 am)V514DFT wrote

It was only a matter of time

You're saying that as if the Solo SRs never have any issues?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(09 Jul 2019, 10:31 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Why do I get the feeling that the Streetlites displaced from the Red Kites are going to go to Manchester.

Too much liquor?

(09 Jul 2019, 10:31 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Why do I get the feeling that the Streetlites displaced from the Red Kites are going to go to Manchester.

They'll probables replace the Scania's, and hopefully those ones at Deptford.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Nope they aren’t leaving.

Looks like 699 back at Percy Main, tracking it and the first 42 out of the day by the looks

(10 Jul 2019, 11:41 am)TEN 6083 wrote Saw 5313 broken down on Whickham Bank this morning getting ready to be towed by GNE’s recovery truck, guess it was on the 97 route.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

Will have been on the X97.

Just seen a indigo solo getting a tow back to perch main on A19, can’t see its code
News showing 319 as a GNE route, did they pick up any of them routes?
(11 Jul 2019, 8:22 pm)JM03 wrote News showing 319 as a GNE route, did they pick up any of them routes?

Can't find anything on the GNE site about the 319?, apart from on the changes were it'll be ran by a different company.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

What's with this new MoovMedia 'Bustle' crap on the WiFi on 6332?
I'd be alright with it if the first thing it did wasn't try sell me a trial of Audible
I do hope it's not getting rolled out to all buses, or if it does, they get rid of the full screen Audible pop up!

(13 Jul 2019, 2:10 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

What's with this new MoovMedia 'Bustle' crap on the WiFi on 6332?
I'd be alright with it if the first thing it did wasn't try sell me a trial of Audible
I do hope it's not getting rolled out to all buses, or if it does, they get rid of the full screen Audible pop up!

Think all the Angel buses have this now along with some other features like streaming stuff but the Audible trial thing ends up popping up a few times whilst trying to connect to the WiFi network itself which is rather irritating

(13 Jul 2019, 3:04 pm)Jimmi wrote Think all the Angel buses have this now along with some other features like streaming stuff but the Audible trial thing ends up popping up a few times whilst trying to connect to the WiFi network itself which is rather irritating

I've had a play around and it seems like quite a good idea, especially with the free magazines, shame there's no good ones though!

There's no need for the full screen pop up when there's already a banner at the top and it's most of the images on the carrousel.

I wonder why they chose to install it on the Angel buses first, the journey time isn't really long enough to take advantage of it

Better Fares from 21 July

We're changing our travel zones to make 4 simple GoZones, meaning you can travel further with your ticket. There will be two simple choices – one zone or all zones – many of which have been reduced to make your money go further.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/better-fares/

According to GNE,

No, Washington will now be included in both the purple and the red zone (depending on which way you want to travel)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

(15 Jul 2019, 1:21 pm)Michael wrote Better Fares from 21 July

We're changing our travel zones to make 4 simple GoZones, meaning you can travel further with your ticket. There will be two simple choices – one zone or all zones – many of which have been reduced to make your money go further.

Who is gonna do the maths to see the winners and losers?

My own immediate thoughts:

* It seems strange that Birtley isn't included in the Gateshead zone, but is included in Chester le Street Zone. Apart from it being in Gateshead, it's also in Nexus land.

* It needs to be made clear that the X9/10 plus tickets are (or maybe they're not), available to purchase on other services.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(15 Jul 2019, 1:46 pm)Andreos1 wrote

Who is gonna do the maths to see the winners and losers?

My own immediate thoughts:

* It seems strange that Birtley isn't included in the Gateshead zone, but is included in Chester le Street Zone. Apart from it being in Gateshead, it's also in Nexus land.

* It needs to be made clear that the X9/10 plus tickets are (or maybe they're not), available to purchase on other services.

Red Zone seems decent now, means i can go to Washington on one ticket, as the red is valid the galleries only by the sounds of it.... and to Dalton Park, Hartlepool.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

(15 Jul 2019, 1:21 pm)Michael wrote Better Fares from 21 July

According to GNE,

No, Washington will now be included in both the purple and the red zone (depending on which way you want to travel)

So my ticket will be going down from £110 a month to £95 a month, but I'll lose the ability to travel on the X9/X10, which I'm not too fussed about really. I'd be curious to see if we can still use the X9/X10 to go between Gateshead and Newcastle as I usually just grab which ever turns up first.

(15 Jul 2019, 2:07 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

So my ticket will be going down from £110 a month to £95 a month, but I'll lose the ability to travel on the X9/X10, which I'm not too fussed about really. I'd be curious to see if we can still use the X9/X10 to go between Gateshead and Newcastle as I usually just grab which ever turns up first.

I would imagine you could, can't see why not?, double check though.

By the looks of it, to travel the full route, you need the "X9 | X10 Plus" ticket, which is valid on all Go North East Services

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_...X9_X10.pdf
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

(15 Jul 2019, 2:14 pm)Michael wrote I would imagine you could, can't see why not?, double check though.

By the looks of it, to travel the full route, you need the "X9 | X10 Plus" ticket, which is valid on all Go North East Services

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_...X9_X10.pdf

So, according to customer services, I'd need an X9/X10 ticket for this journey, which is a shame, but I imagine it is to stop people people boarding saying they're going to Gateshead, then staying on.

If I used the X9/X10 more often, I would consider just getting the Plus ticket as it's the same price I'm paying now, but it's not worth the extra £15 a month

(15 Jul 2019, 2:03 pm)Michael wrote Red Zone seems decent now, means i can go to Washington on one ticket, as the red is valid the galleries only by the sounds of it.... and to Dalton Park, Hartlepool.

I'm pleased Washington is in two zones and you have the flexibility to use a one zone ticket.

I also like the size of the zones, but I don't like the fact there's no overlap on each zone.

As an example, it is more expensive sitting on one bus from Houghton to Chester than it is South Shields to Hartlepool or Birtley to Ashington.

I appreciate there will always be winner's and losers, but the potential to offer those living on the border of a zone - some sort of incentive, is sadly lacking.

(15 Jul 2019, 2:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote

I'm pleased Washington is in two zones and you have the flexibility to use a one zone ticket.

I also like the size of the zones, but I don't like the fact there's no overlap on each zone.

As an example, it is more expensive sitting on one bus from Houghton to Chester than it is South Shields to Hartlepool or Birtley to Ashington.

I appreciate there will always be winner's and losers, but the potential to offer those living on the border of a zone - some sort of incentive, is sadly lacking.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'd always get the All Zone ticket even if I was travelling in one zone, just for the piece of mind that I could go out of the area if I needed

(15 Jul 2019, 2:41 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

I don't know if it's just me, but I'd always get the All Zone ticket even if I was travelling in one zone, just for the piece of mind that I could go out of the area if I needed

I think for a longer term (28 day say) ticket, then I would agree with you.

The flexibility would be nice.

For those travelling once or twice a week and on a budget, then spending the extra couple of quid isn't always an option.