Menu

Pages (13)    111 12 13   
JM03   21 Aug 2019, 12:11 am

(20 Aug 2019, 7:31 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

Coasters have not long had the Hybrids so I wouldn't think they'd be coming off any time soon. Plus, from what I've seen anyway, they don't seem to be struggling with the route

There was a PVR increase in may, 6069 and 1 more bus is required, the others will be spared at Percy main but I do suspect 2 will go into coaster and 6069 into corp

streetdeckfan   21 Aug 2019, 1:43 am

(21 Aug 2019, 12:11 am)JM03 wrote

There was a PVR increase in may, 6069 and 1 more bus is required, the others will be spared at Percy main but I do suspect 2 will go into coaster and 6069 into corp

Hopefully, 6069, to put it lightly, is an abomination! How someone signed off on that design I'll never know

I wonder if they'll do an internal refurb on the B9s and put some half decent seats in them. I can barely make to Swalwell from Metrocentre before my back starts to ache

JM03   21 Aug 2019, 8:22 pm

(21 Aug 2019, 1:43 am)streetdeckfan wrote

Hopefully, 6069, to put it lightly, is an abomination! How someone signed off on that design I'll never know

I wonder if they'll do an internal refurb on the B9s and put some half decent seats in them. I can barely make to Swalwell from Metrocentre before my back starts to ache

Tbh since the CC have been refurbished, could imagine something happening w them e.g. USBs, leather seating

S830OFT   21 Aug 2019, 8:49 pm
One for next year;
7x ADL Enviro 200MMCs - Deptford for X-lines X6/X7/X20
672 will transfer to Percy Main replacing 709 on the W2.
673 - 678 will transfer to Riverside for MetroCentre Minis replacing 697/710 - 714.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NewcastleOne   21 Aug 2019, 8:59 pm

(21 Aug 2019, 8:49 pm)S830OFT wrote One for next year;
7x ADL Enviro 200MMCs - Deptford for X-lines X6/X7/X20
672 will transfer to Percy Main replacing 709 on the W2.
673 - 678 will transfer to Riverside for MetroCentre Minis replacing 697/710 - 714.

W2 doesn’t need a larger solo. Never seen more than 4/5 on it. Don’t see why GNE will order new vehicles for routes they’ve just put vehicles on.

S830OFT   21 Aug 2019, 9:08 pm

(21 Aug 2019, 8:59 pm)NewcastleOne wrote

W2 doesn’t need a larger solo. Never seen more than 4/5 on it. Don’t see why GNE will order new vehicles for routes they’ve just put vehicles on.

As the X20 is regularly overcrowded from the journeys I have observed, so unless some of the Red Kite StreetLites go on it, I can sense the issue to continue...

Also a larger Solo is used when 709 is not available, so I see no issue allocating one full time.

streetdeckfan   21 Aug 2019, 9:29 pm

(21 Aug 2019, 9:08 pm)S830OFT wrote

As the X20 is regularly overcrowded from the journeys I have observed, so unless some of the Red Kite StreetLites go on it, I can sense the issue to continue...

Also a larger Solo is used when 709 is not available, so I see no issue allocating one full time.

I'd guess if they're going to do anything to the X20, it'd be putting the Streetlites on since they're already 'Xlines spec'

Dan   21 Aug 2019, 10:02 pm
(21 Aug 2019, 9:08 pm)S830OFT wrote

Don't think there's any obvious overcrowding issues on the X20... I have said this in the past.

The W2 should be a smaller Solo - there is a clause in the contract that it needs to be a small bus. It's only when the small bus is unavailable that a bigger bus can be used. Anything longer term must be reported to Nexus.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   22 Aug 2019, 9:52 am
(21 Aug 2019, 10:02 pm)Dan wrote Don't think there's any obvious overcrowding issues on the X20... I have said this in the past.

The W2 should be a smaller Solo - there is a clause in the contract that it needs to be a small bus. It's only when the small bus is unavailable that a bigger bus can be used. Anything longer term must be reported to Nexus.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

How is the X6/X7 and X20 doing since they went to X-Lines?, has passenger numbers increased on all of the services?

(20 Aug 2019, 7:24 pm)NewcastleOne wrote

I suspect 6118-21&6149-61 will go to PM for 1s with the 15 Gemini 2Hs going to either Chester or Riverside. That’s just a guess.

11x Streetlites (X45/6/7) to go to Riverside for 93/94 replacing last Solars and Some Versas.

The E4 Citaros to displace Omnilinks at Saltmeadows

The Omnilinks that have been displaced to go to Chester to displace Versas which along Riverside examples to go to Deptford to Replace the last Solars.

Not sure on Versa's to Deptford, hopefully they continue to Depot standardisation, and the 35 will gain Streetlites.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   22 Aug 2019, 11:37 am

(22 Aug 2019, 9:52 am)Michael wrote  
How is the X6/X7 and X20 doing since they went to X-Lines?, has passenger numbers increased on all of the services?

Not sure on Versa's to Deptford, hopefully they continue to Depot standardisation, and the 35 will gain Streetlites.

Purely from an anecdotal point of view, I've seen the Solo's on the X20's carry decent loads.

Standing occasionally.

However, I'm not sure there is a like for like comparison to the 20A, due to the fact the X20 is limited stop and on a reduced frequency and passengers travelling between common points on the 20/20A, often boarded the first bus that came. If you were travelling between say West Rainton and Houghton, you had the choice of either bus and obviously that isn't the case now.

I would be keen to see if people travelling between Durham and Houghton hang on for the half hourly X20 and have a quicker journey time, or if they just plump for the first bus that arrives.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
BusLoverMum   22 Aug 2019, 2:00 pm

(22 Aug 2019, 11:37 am)Andreos1 wrote

Purely from an anecdotal point of view, I've seen the Solo's on the X20's carry decent loads.

Standing occasionally.

However, I'm not sure there is a like for like comparison to the 20A, due to the fact the X20 is limited stop and on a reduced frequency and passengers travelling between common points on the 20/20A, often boarded the first bus that came. If you were travelling between say West Rainton and Houghton, you had the choice of either bus and obviously that isn't the case now.

I would be keen to see if people travelling between Durham and Houghton hang on for the half hourly X20 and have a quicker journey time, or if they just plump for the first bus that arrives.

When we travel that way, we'll wait 10 minutes for an x20 but there's little point waiting any longer.

streetdeckfan   22 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm

Standing occasionally.

I know I'm a bit 'unique', but I don't really care about the journey times. I care more about how crowded the bus is. I'd happily wait an extra hour if it meant I didn't have to sit next to somebody.

I regularly let Angels and X21s go past if there isn't a table available. I get the 1A between Gateshead and Metrocentre because it's always empty

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   23 Aug 2019, 2:15 pm

(22 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I regularly let Angels and X21s go past if there isn't a table available.

And you can determine that from the street with the bus moving?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
S830OFT   23 Aug 2019, 3:21 pm

(23 Aug 2019, 2:15 pm)Adrian wrote

Unless your above the bus, and it has a glazed top deck I don't think you can know if a table is available...

BusLoverMum   23 Aug 2019, 6:21 pm

(22 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

I know I'm a bit 'unique', but I don't really care about the journey times. I care more about how crowded the bus is. I'd happily wait an extra hour if it meant I didn't have to sit next to somebody.

I regularly let Angels and X21s go past if there isn't a table available. I get the 1A between Gateshead and Metrocentre because it's always empty

You need to take a taxi, mate.

V514DFT   24 Aug 2019, 1:04 am

(22 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

what a load of guff

Kind Regards
Tez
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   24 Aug 2019, 1:25 am

(23 Aug 2019, 2:15 pm)Adrian wrote

I usually only get on from a bus station, and when I get on in Tindale, I can almost guarantee there'll be a table available.

From the street you can see if there's anybody sitting at the table seats

(23 Aug 2019, 6:21 pm)BusLoverMum wrote

You need to take a taxi, mate.

Taxis are an absolute rip off!

Michael   24 Aug 2019, 8:06 am

Standing occasionally.

I forgot to reply, got distracted

That's good, glad its being used, the first X7 (7:30am from Park Lane) of the day seems to get a few people on too, which is good, not sure how far they go, but they let the likes of the 22 (Arriva), the 9 and 60 go.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
S830OFT   24 Aug 2019, 11:34 am

(24 Aug 2019, 8:06 am)Michael wrote I forgot to reply, got distracted

That's good, glad its being used, the first X7 (7:30am from Park Lane) of the day seems to get a few people on too, which is good, not sure how far they go, but they let the likes of the 22 (Arriva), the 9 and 60 go.

Most passengers on the early morning X6/X7 journeys are usually workers at Spectrum Business Park...

BusLoverMum   24 Aug 2019, 1:21 pm

(24 Aug 2019, 1:25 am)streetdeckfan wrote

I usually only get on from a bus station, and when I get on in Tindale, I can almost guarantee there'll be a table available.

From the street you can see if there's anybody sitting at the table seats

Taxis are an absolute rip off!

Buses would cost about the same if every osssenger had 4 seats to themselves, too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   24 Aug 2019, 1:49 pm

(24 Aug 2019, 1:21 pm)BusLoverMum wrote

Buses would cost about the same if every osssenger had 4 seats to themselves, too.

Believe it or not, I don't actively stop people sitting at the tables when I'm there! I just prefer not to sit at a table that already has people on it

S830OFT   24 Aug 2019, 1:51 pm

(24 Aug 2019, 1:49 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

Believe it or not, I don't actively stop people sitting at the tables when I'm there! I just prefer not to sit at a table that already has people on it

Just travel on the X10, I've had people sit opposite me on a table twice, despite spare forward seats being available...

Jimmi   24 Aug 2019, 2:18 pm
(24 Aug 2019, 1:49 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

Sit backwards at the tables as I hate it when the "I can't go backwards" brigade get on and end up sitting next to me instead elsewhere on the bus
streetdeckfan   24 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm

(24 Aug 2019, 2:18 pm)Jimmi wrote Sit backwards at the tables as I hate it when the "I can't go backwards" brigade get on and end up sitting next to me instead elsewhere on the bus

Backwards seats are the best seats! If there's a backwards seat available, I sit in it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   24 Aug 2019, 5:01 pm

(24 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

Backwards seats are the best seats! If there's a backwards seat available, I sit in it

I like going backwards, too. It actually stopped me from feeling travel sick as a small kid.

streetdeckfan   24 Aug 2019, 5:14 pm

(24 Aug 2019, 5:01 pm)BusLoverMum wrote

I like going backwards, too. It actually stopped me from feeling travel sick as a small kid.

I don't really get travel sick (although I do feel queasy on the Shields ferry), but unless I sit at the front of the bus, I much prefer sitting backwards.

Plus, I'm quite nosey so I like being able to look into people's cars!

BusLoverMum   26 Aug 2019, 9:53 pm

(24 Aug 2019, 5:14 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

I don't really get travel sick (although I do feel queasy on the Shields ferry), but unless I sit at the front of the bus, I much prefer sitting backwards.

Plus, I'm quite nosey so I like being able to look into people's cars!

I don't get travel sick any more, either (though freak out on dual carriageways if sandwiched between HGVs moving at slightly different speeds because it makes my head spin - one reason why I don't drive) but we didn't have a car when i was little (not many people did!) and quite reliably barfed whenever I did travel in one for any length of time.

Michael   24 Nov 2019, 4:33 pm
With Leeds starting to receive their new Streetdecks, wonder how it'll be before GNE start to receive their Streetdecks, meaning cascades can finally start.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Stanleyone   24 Nov 2019, 7:31 pm
(24 Nov 2019, 4:33 pm)Michael wrote With Leeds starting to receive their new Streetdecks, wonder how it'll be before GNE start to receive their Streetdecks, meaning cascades can finally
start.
I might be wide of the mark, but in light of the Scania event planned for the 15th of December, that might suggest that deliveries may start soon and intended cascades can take place. According to the current fleet list there’s 19 left (excluding floats), and 6118-6121 to transfer to hull.
Andreos1   24 Nov 2019, 8:09 pm
A sign they're really pushing it for evaluation or something else?
Either way, the E400 demo was out on the X10 today and in to the evening at least. 

I passed it heading north and it didn't look in any particular hurry. 
It was running late according to my calculations. It hadn't hit Ron Perry and should have been at Peterlee approx 10mins prior.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Pages (13)    111 12 13