You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
(17 Dec 2013, 2:36 pm)Michael wrote Fast Cat's getting a frequency increase?, not sure where the black Solar's would go.
Can't see them replacing the B10's on the Pulse or FAB 57.

Wouldn't mind seen them on the 39, under a new brand with the 29 using Versa's...

Possibly replace the fast cat 02 reg scania?
(17 Dec 2013, 2:36 pm)Michael wrote Not again =(, hope they all right.

yeah I hope so. Had a perfect view of the road outside my school last lesson but never saw or heard any sirens Sad
(17 Dec 2013, 2:41 pm)Adam wrote yeah I hope so. Had a perfect view of the road outside my school last lesson but never saw or heard any sirens Sad

Looks like Beacon Lough that and presuming the person who took the photo was upstairs on a decker.

Hope whoever it was is ok.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(17 Dec 2013, 2:39 pm)JP6004 wrote Possibly replace the fast cat 02 reg scania?

Might be, that might be a good idea.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2013, 2:47 pm)JP6004 wrote Big Grin

Have to wait and see what happens and wait for changes to be posted, see if we get any new brands.

Noticed on the fleet allocation they still got 4989-4992 in a different colour than the other prince bishop scania's, being like that they left the X36.X37 temp brand....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2013, 2:46 pm)andreos1 wrote Looks like Beacon Lough that and presuming the person who took the photo was upstairs on a decker.

Hope whoever it was is ok.

indeed it is Beacon Lough & yeah, my friend was off to uni Smile
More evidence to support a vehicle upgrade on the X7 - 4907 currently blocking access to the stand outside McColls in Stockton High Strret with its bonnet up.
(17 Dec 2013, 3:24 pm)Kuyoyo wrote More evidence to support a vehicle upgrade on the X7 - 4907 currently blocking access to the stand outside McColls in Stockton High Strret with its bonnet up.

There really in need of an upgrade and soon or people won't use the service.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2013, 3:24 pm)Kuyoyo wrote More evidence to support a vehicle upgrade on the X7 - 4907 currently blocking access to the stand outside McColls in Stockton High Strret with its bonnet up.

Wasn't the whole point of replacing the B10s on the Diamond so they could be put on 'less demanding routes'? I wouldnt say the X7 fits that description.
(17 Dec 2013, 11:18 am)Liam wrote Scania 5205 (NK54 NUY) has now been painted black.

I think 5205/06 will replace 4954/55 on the X35, 4954/55 will then go into the New Corporate Livery and 5207 to 5210 will go on the X7, then 4906 to 4909 will also go into the Corporate Livery in the New Year.
I herd a rumour that 1 of the Fab 56 scanias (possibly 5210) would be going to Hexham to replace 8228.
(17 Dec 2013, 4:39 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I think 5205/06 will replace 4954/55 on the X35, 4954/55 will then go into the New Corporate Livery and 5207 to 5210 will go on the X7, then 4906 to 4909 will also go into the Corporate Livery in the New Year.

I'm hoping some make their way on to the X7,

It just seems a waste of time repainting and swapping them around.

If that's whats happening why can't they do that to all of the odd scania's at Deptford not be re-painted so their in order such as 4945,4946 (Laser) and 4969 (Prince Bishops) and so on.

Same with other buses in the fleet.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2013, 4:51 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote I herd a rumour that 1 of the Fab 56 scanias (possibly 5210) would be going to Hexham to replace 8228.

Northern hopefully, Don't like the sound of an Yellow Scania but all the SPD's are going so it could be anything from a B10 to a cadet to a Scania replacing it.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2013, 2:34 pm)Adam wrote Just scrolled down my Instagram feed and found this. Looks as if someone's been hit by the 56 between Cardinal Hume School and the QE. It's just on the other side of the hill where that incident happened on Saturday night

The bus in question was 4942.
(17 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/attach...p?aid=4947
By theONE

That look's alright

1 more change on VOSA today...

PB0002400/516 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between PETERLEE BUS STATION and PETERLEE BUS STATION given service number 209 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.

Just noticed this has already being on VOSA, any idea's why this has appeared again?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2013, 5:23 pm)Michael wrote That look's alright

1 more change on VOSA today...

PB0002400/516 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between PETERLEE BUS STATION and PETERLEE BUS STATION given service number 209 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.

Just noticed this has already being on VOSA, any idea's why this has appeared again?

It probably due that after the registration of the change, GNE must be slightly changing the timings in the new timetable.

(17 Dec 2013, 1:27 pm)keithgoodwin wrote Yellow MPD 619 having a jaunt down Stockton High Street at 1205(not in service)

That was parked up spare (with 8225 also) in Peterlee Bus Station when I was there at 1010 this morning!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Was having issues at the Moorcock about 1015 when I overtook it Smile

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(17 Dec 2013, 6:11 pm)tyresmoke wrote That was parked up spare (with 8225 also) in Peterlee Bus Station when I was there at 1010 this morning!

8225 was doing the scholars run on the 807 at Shotton School at 3pm

Site Administrator
(17 Dec 2013, 2:39 pm)JP6004 wrote Possibly replace the fast cat 02 reg scania?

While having the youngest Solars on front line service for branded routes makes the most sense, I can't help but think this would have been done for the Prince Bishops too?

I must say it would allow for a re-design of the Fast Cats livery if this were true (which in my opinion is terrible anyway - it reads as 'Cats Fast' to me), and it would suggest that there are no plans to upgrade the service next year if this were so - perhaps why the Prince Bishops was not included, if it is destined to receive an upgrade next year (whether it's through investment or the more likely option of cascades).

To add another option to the mix (love a bit of speculation in the early days of a repaint which comes as a surprise to all of us), don't the X30/X31 have a PVR of 5? If the Sunderland consultations are positive and the 9 is destined to have a higher frequency as per the consultation, further Omnicity vehicles will be required at Percy Main and they would no longer be available to go to Stanley.

I'm sure, however, that all will be revealed in due course.
Site Administrator
(17 Dec 2013, 4:59 pm)Michael wrote If that's whats happening why can't they do that to all of the odd scania's at Deptford not be re-painted so their in order such as 4945,4946 (Laser) and 4969 (Prince Bishops) and so on.

Of course this is early days and things are subject to change by next year when things are finalised, but Rob alluded to an order for the "Laser" on our "2014 Order Predictions" thread.
I imagine vehicles would only be shifted around like that if there were no plans to upgrade them next year, as I've just said in my previous post.
Ye i agree with the Omni's idea, your not the only one with that idea Dan,i posted it earlier to Tongue, it would seem likely since it looks like changes will happen. Page 375.. cant renember the fleet numbers i had done for the 9 omnis it would use.

Think the same with the branded buses being all over it could of being easier trying to put them in order instead of having them scattered about.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2013, 7:02 pm)Dan wrote While having the youngest Solars on front line service for branded routes makes the most sense, I can't help but think this would have been done for the Prince Bishops too?

I must say it would allow for a re-design of the Fast Cats livery if this were true (which in my opinion is terrible anyway - it reads as 'Cats Fast' to me), and it would suggest that there are no plans to upgrade the service next year if this were so - perhaps why the Prince Bishops was not included, if it is destined to receive an upgrade next year (whether it's through investment or the more likely option of cascades).

To add another option to the mix (love a bit of speculation in the early days of a repaint which comes as a surprise to all of us), don't the X30/X31 have a PVR of 5? If the Sunderland consultations are positive and the 9 is destined to have a higher frequency as per the consultation, further Omnicity vehicles will be required at Percy Main and they would no longer be available to go to Stanley.

I'm sure, however, that all will be revealed in due course.

I cant help but agree. You would of thought they would of thought about it as most people do tend to read top to bottom when reading something. They certainly like to go and spoil liveries by doing stupid things. Take the new Fab 56 livery. Why didint they not put the fab fifty six logo on the bottom like most other brands that use them rather than the top where the place names go.
Also, have any of the Cobalt Clipper B9s been branded yet? I doubt the livery will be as good as the one that is used on the current buses.
Site Administrator
(17 Dec 2013, 7:13 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Also, have any of the Cobalt Clipper B9s been branded yet? I doubt the livery will be as good as the one that is used on the current buses.

I believe branding for these vehicles will commence once the Fab56 vehicles are complete and move to Deptford.

Now that we've seen the Fab56, I think the next livery to look out for is the X66...
Site Administrator
(17 Dec 2013, 7:21 pm)Michael wrote I like the fast cats brand, its different but think its time for an upgrade.

The vehicles are certainly due a repaint, and the livery itself is certainly due for a little touch up... It must have been 2008/09 when it was first introduced, so it's been approximately five years?
I have noticed one Solar has been VOR for the past week or so - perhaps a sign that these vehicles are now struggling and would be better to put them on less demanding routes.
(17 Dec 2013, 7:16 pm)Dan wrote I believe branding for these vehicles will commence once the Fab56 vehicles are complete and move to Deptford.

Now that we've seen the Fab56, I think the next livery to look out for is the X66...

Which will be rubbish like the last one.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.