You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Good deals, freebies, etc...

RE: Good deals, freebies, etc...
(06 May 2016, 9:45 pm)northern156 wrote Just in case you get drawn into reading the full lot?

Probably more to do with not supporting a rag that won't even acknowledge the Hillsborough verdict in a prominent place.
Connect Tees Valley are going to be in Middlesbrough today and Darlington tomorrow between 1200-1400 giving out free POP PAYG cards preloaded with £15 credit. You can't use them to buy explorers, but are able to buy single, return or single operator day tickets with them
I've had a great day out exploring Chester, Wirral and Liverpool today and I need to sing the praises of the Merseytravel Saveaway day ticket. At £5.20 it offers remarkable value with bus and rail travel throughout Merseyside, including to and from Chester and as far north as Southport.

The real winner is that it's valid on the Mersey Ferry. The restriction is it's valid for single trips only - so you can't remain on the ferry for one continuous return trip. It is valid, however, to hop off at any stop and then claim another single journey on the next departure. Alternatively, as I did, catch a cross-river bus service through the tunnel to get back.

Considering an adult ticket for just the ferry is usually £10, if anybody's planning a trip to Liverpool this tip could save enough to pay for lunch!
Apparently Arriva are having a 'buy one get one free' offer on Black Friday.

One worth looking at if you are heading out!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Google have a free game on their landing page today (possibly tomorrow too?).

Haven't tried my two phones yet. But theres a game of cricket available on the desktop version.

Scored 68 on my few attempts.
Site Administrator
(16 Jul 2018, 2:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote Don't say I don't give you owt.

And don't say we don't give you owt either!  Rolleyes

(16 Jul 2018, 2:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote Got a couple of discount codes for booking.com

https://www.booking.com/s/15_8/def74c5f This one gives you 10% off your booking.

https://www.booking.com/s/52_8/fdff023b This one gives you £15 off your booking.

Don't say I don't give you owt.

These booking.com codes still work.

Just got a message to say someone has used the link and is getting £15 off their next trip.

Good deals, freebies, etc...
If you want to save some money on train fares then download the Trainpal app for split ticketing fares with no booking fees, regularly get £5 off fare vouchers on top of the split fares. There's a competition thing on atm where you can win up to £50 off, to help me out click the link and use my invite code (d7f90129): https://www.mytrainpal.com/web-pages/hal...e=d7f90129

(25 Oct 2019, 11:54 am)Jimmi wrote If you want to save some money on train fares then download the Trainpal app for split ticketing fares with no booking fees, regularly get £5 off fare vouchers on top of the split fares. There's a competition thing on atm where you can win up to £50 off, to help me out click the link and use my invite code (d7f90129): https://www.mytrainpal.com/web-pages/hal...e=d7f90129

Is that that 'sick' app that I keep getting ads for?

(25 Oct 2019, 11:54 am)Jimmi wrote If you want to save some money on train fares then download the Trainpal app for split ticketing fares with no booking fees, regularly get £5 off fare vouchers on top of the split fares. There's a competition thing on atm where you can win up to £50 off, to help me out click the link and use my invite code (d7f90129): https://www.mytrainpal.com/web-pages/hal...e=d7f90129

Did the wild Jimmi use this today on his trip along the Esk Valley Line?

(26 Oct 2019, 5:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote Did the wild Jimmi use this today on his trip along the Esk Valley Line?

*desperately tries to remember the passengers on said journey* haha

I'd be rubbish on that show Hunted based on how often I tend to get spotted on my adventures. Was on a Tyne & Tees Day Ranger today, covered a fair amount of the North East today although was hoping for a few more 142s and irritatingly there's loads of ex Newton Heath examples around these parts lately whilst I keep getting the ones that have been round here forever, wound up with 142090 twice today.

Got three £5 off vouchers I can use plus a few £1 & £2 vouchers as well

(26 Oct 2019, 10:00 pm)Jimmi wrote *desperately tries to remember the passengers on said journey* haha

I'd be rubbish on that show Hunted based on how often I tend to get spotted on my adventures. Was on a Tyne & Tees Day Ranger today, covered a fair amount of the North East today although was hoping for a few more 142s and irritatingly there's loads of ex Newton Heath examples around these parts lately whilst I keep getting the ones that have been round here forever, wound up with 142090 twice today.

Got three £5 off vouchers I can use plus a few £1 & £2 vouchers as well

To be honest, it was as mine pulled in to P1 that I noticed you and the camera in the rain initially.

Sounds like we had the opposite idea, as I was hoping to avoid 142's and managed to do so until the final leg of the day.