Menu

Pages (31)    120 21 2231   
Malarkey   20 Dec 2013, 7:48 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 7:31 pm)tyresmoke wrote I would suspect the currently hourly X30 / X31 would suffice during the day, maybe they could throw a couple of extras in at peak times to solve capacity issues? Its finding the resources to do that though...

I was thinking of having the X30/X31/X70/X71 - Every 30 Minutes Each, Making a Frequency of Every 6/7 Minutes Between Sunniside and Newcastle, But have say one X30/X70 an Hour do a Short as far as Gateshead with the Others Continuing onto Newcastle Every 10 Minutes, As for New Buses I would get Geminis.
Michael   20 Dec 2013, 7:48 pm
Maybe, not sure what they would put on it, hopefully this is sorted when fleet changes happen in January and the changes to the 9 etc happen

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   20 Dec 2013, 7:54 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 7:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I was thinking of having the X30/X31/X70/X71 - Every 30 Minutes Each, Making a Frequency of Every 6/7 Minutes Between Sunniside and Newcastle, But have say one X30/X70 an Hour do a Short as far as Gateshead with the Others Continuing onto Newcastle Every 10 Minutes, As for New Buses I would get Geminis.

A huge step up from what the network has at present...

When the services can justify a vehicle upgrade, they will receive it. I've said plenty of times in the past that Go North East have confirmed that these services are to receive an upgrade by the end of 2013 (but will be the start of 2014 now due to delays with the B9s).

If the services can ever justify a frequency upgrade on top of that, and Go North East are certain they can generate profit from these additional workings they'd be providing, the services will get them - but only when Go North East know they will make money.
Michael   20 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 7:54 pm)Dan wrote A huge step up from what the network has at present...

When the services can justify a vehicle upgrade, they will receive it. I've said plenty of times in the past that Go North East have confirmed that these services are to receive an upgrade by the end of 2013 (but will be the start of 2014 now due to delays with the B9s).

If the services can ever justify a frequency upgrade on top of that, and Go North East are certain they can generate profit from these additional workings they'd be providing, the services will get them - but only when Go North East know they will make money.

I think they will receive Northern Scania's with the Omni's going on the 9

What is the PVR for the X30/X31/X70/X70?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   20 Dec 2013, 8:04 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm)Michael wrote I think they will receive Northern Scania's with the Omni's going on the 9

What is the PVR for the X30/X31/X70/X70?

A few days ago, didn't Rob hint at service 29 being an unbranded service?
If I am correct, Deptford will have 10 red Solars from the "Fab56". Just the right number for service 29 and X36. Has anyone noticed the increased use of Solars on services X3/X36 as of late also? One would assume they have been tested for suitability and they are indeed suitable vehicles for services X3/X36, to see continued use...

I think we should concentrate on services X30/X31 before considering X70/X71. The X30/X31 have a PVR of 5.
Michael   20 Dec 2013, 8:15 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 8:04 pm)Dan wrote A few days ago, didn't Rob hint at service 29 being an unbranded service?
If I am correct, Deptford will have 10 red Solars from the "Fab56". Just the right number for service 29 and X36.

I think we should concentrate on services X30/X31 before considering X70/X71. The X30/X31 have a PVR of 5.

Well it looks like the scania's are going on 29/X36... least its a straight swap 10 for 10 (Scania for SPD) - with the 11th SPD replaced by a cadet/B10 - with 21 SPD in the fleet and 22 Scania's released, what extra bus will get withdrawn?

Why has Deptford got the extra SPD anyway?

Least Castletown, Hylton Castle will get decent bus for once, hopefully that means the Vykings won't be used on the 29...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Greg in Weardale   20 Dec 2013, 8:26 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 7:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I was thinking of having the X30/X31/X70/X71 - Every 30 Minutes Each, Making a Frequency of Every 6/7 Minutes Between Sunniside and Newcastle, But have say one X30/X70 an Hour do a Short as far as Gateshead with the Others Continuing onto Newcastle Every 10 Minutes, As for New Buses I would get Geminis.

I don't think any increase in frequency of X30/31 or X70/71 would be commercially viable although a couple of peak hour extras may be desirable for the passengers' benefit.
Andreos1   20 Dec 2013, 8:46 pm
The problems with the x30/31 and x70/71 seem to stand out due to the reliability of the services and the frequency and the areas they serve.

A missing or delayed vehicle is picked up on fb by cold, disgruntled and angry passengers who rely on the service.

No idea whether the frequency is enough, but a gap of 30/45mins is obviously noticeable.

Re the Scanias in Sunderland.
By my reckoning, come the new year the 20/20a will be the only branded/frontline service still with the vehicle type (I have exluded the catsfast due to frequency).

Quite strange considering the numbers it attracts.
Thought it would have justified an increase by now.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   20 Dec 2013, 9:10 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 8:46 pm)andreos1 wrote Re the Scanias in Sunderland.
By my reckoning, come the new year the 20/20a will be the only branded/frontline service still with the vehicle type (I have excluded the catsfast due to frequency).

There is the Highwayman and Loops with Scania L94's in Gateshead
tyresmoke   20 Dec 2013, 9:13 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 9:10 pm)citaro5284 wrote There is the Highwayman and Loops with Scania L94's in Gateshead

Isn't Highwayman getting money spent on them though (will we see some shuffling of the fleet to get the newer ones to Gateshead?)

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Andreos1   20 Dec 2013, 9:13 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 9:10 pm)citaro5284 wrote There is the Highwayman and Loops with Scania L94's in Gateshead

Are they operated by Deptford now like?

Michael   20 Dec 2013, 9:23 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 9:13 pm)tyresmoke wrote Isn't Highwayman getting money spent on them though (will we see some shuffling of the fleet to get the newer ones to Gateshead?)

not sure - all of the scania's so far have being painted Northern from the FAB 56+ Whey aye five-0 expect for 5205 which has being painted black - reason unknown - more likely to replace the 02 reg ones on the fast cats brand - 5206 should go black to - also unknown if 5207-5210 will go black.

Rob gave us a teaser on what might get new buses next year (not confirmed)

GNE have confirmed they are ordering 80 new buses for 2014/2015 same again for 2015/2016 - Confirmed on a PDF but the highwayman isn't mentioned in his list.

Rob Wrote:
Erm...
Lime
X66
Laser
Crusader

... prehaps

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   20 Dec 2013, 10:00 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 9:13 pm)andreos1 wrote Are they operated by Deptford now like?

Yeah, that is why I put Gateshead. Your original post said Scania's in Sunderland which was been discussed previous, then you said only service was the 20 with this vehicle type. You did not say this vehicle type operated by Deptford.
WestDurhamSwift   21 Dec 2013, 12:45 am
Using the X30/X31 on a weekly basis from Lanchester to Newcastle I can say it does not need an increased frequency. It seems to pick up more passengers as it gets closer to Stanley, The ammount it picks up from Lanchester and the next 5-6 stops wouldnt justify a more regular service. Ive also noticed alot of passengers get off at Stanley and a new batch of Passengers get on (which i think ive said before). Although getting a single decker between 10-12oclock is a no go, last time there was barely no room to stand, I pray they keep the service double decker.

Could they not use the old X10 deckers, the ones that are spares spread out at depots, Im not too sure what liveries they are all in off by heart, but surely these would be better than the current buses, or is that a no go!
Malarkey   21 Dec 2013, 1:13 am
(21 Dec 2013, 12:45 am)Ely1992 wrote Using the X30/X31 on a weekly basis from Lanchester to Newcastle I can say it does not need an increased frequency. It seems to pick up more passengers as it gets closer to Stanley, The ammount it picks up from Lanchester and the next 5-6 stops wouldnt justify a more regular service. Ive also noticed alot of passengers get off at Stanley and a new batch of Passengers get on (which i think ive said before). Although getting a single decker between 10-12oclock is a no go, last time there was barely no room to stand, I pray they keep the service double decker.

Could they not use the old X10 deckers, the ones that are spares spread out at depots, Im not too sure what liveries they are all in off by heart, but surely these would be better than the current buses, or is that a no go!

x2 - Chester le Street - Angel
x2 - Winlaton - TEN and MetroRadio
x2 - Gateshead - Tyne Tees Xpress and Children In Need
x1 - Washington - Red Arrows

I personally don't think these would be "Better" as quite a few are rather Underpowered and are also prone to Breaking Down, so Reliability wise they'd be just as Bad the Current Vehicles and they'd Struggle to get up those hills in Stanley and Consett etc I would think.

Although saying that the Red Arrows example which I have been on quite a few times seems to be Very Reliable and quite Quick also as it sees Daily Use on the X1, But this would mean that these Services would be Without there Allocated Spare, Unless GNE were to Buy 7 New Geminis as Spares as they have for the FAB 56 and Cobalt Clipper.

Thinking about it since my Original Comment earlier, What about use the Citaros off the Blaydon Racers, if say the Blaydon Racers got New Vehicles in 2014, As the Citaros seem to work Very Well on the Diamond 43/44 in the Stanley Area and other Hilly Areas along the Route.
Andreos1   21 Dec 2013, 3:54 am
(20 Dec 2013, 10:00 pm)citaro5284 wrote Yeah, that is why I put Gateshead. Your original post said Scania's in Sunderland which was been discussed previous, then you said only service was the 20 with this vehicle type. You did not say this vehicle type operated by Deptford.

I thought the words 're the Scanias in Sunderland' and then mentioning three services out of Park Lane, was the giveaway to talking about Deptford based vehicles and routes, but nevermind...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
northtynelinks2   21 Dec 2013, 9:08 am
Last night i saw a Angel spare (dont know which one) on the 21 then saw a B5HL heading up the A1(M) Sliproad towards Gateshead. I assumed that there could be 2 reasons for this:
1) Going to Saltmeadows for something
2) Going to ease congestion
northtynelinks2   21 Dec 2013, 9:31 am
(19 Dec 2013, 2:04 pm)Dan wrote I quite like the roofline advertising slogans.
I have outlined the ones I've noted below - if you have any you'd like to add, feel free to add them... It would be good to add such specific details to our fleet lists.

641: "Venture out with frequent connections to Durham" (NS), "Venture into Consett from Delves Lane every 15 minutes" (OS)

642: "Venture into Consett from Delves Lane every 15 minutes" (NS), "Venture in your local area - Consett Day Ticket £3.30" (OS)

643: ???? (NS), "Venture out with frequent connections to Newcastle" (OS)

644: "Venture out with frequent connections to Newcastle" (NS), "Venture into Consett from Shotley Bridge every 30 minutes" (OS)

645: "Venture out with frequent connections to Durham" (NS), ???? (OS)

646: ???? (NS), "Venture into Consett from Castleside every 30 minutes" (OS)

647: ???? (NS), "Venture into Stanley from Consett every 30 minutes" (OS)

648: ???? (NS), "Venture into Consett from Castleside every 30 minutes" (OS)

649: "Venture into Stanley from Consett every 30 minutes" (NS), "Venture out with frequent connections to Metrocentre" (OS)

650: ???? (NS), "Venture in your local area - Consett Day Ticket £3.30" (OS)

651: "Venture into Consett from Castleside every 30 minutes" (NS), "Venture out with frequent connections to Newcastle" (OS)

652: ???? (NS), "Venture into Consett from Shotley Bridge every 30 minutes" (OS)

"Venture in your local area - Stanley Day Tickets £3.40" (price may be wrong but the main slogan is correct.
gtom   21 Dec 2013, 11:08 am
(21 Dec 2013, 9:08 am)northtynelinks2 wrote Last night i saw a Angel spare (dont know which one) on the 21 then saw a B5HL heading up the A1(M) Sliproad towards Gateshead. I assumed that there could be 2 reasons for this:
1) Going to Saltmeadows for something
2) Going to ease congestion

There's lots of lost mileage being covered and lots of short workings on the Angel (especially at Christmas)
Michael   21 Dec 2013, 11:23 am
GNE have uploaded the new Sunderland connect timetable from the 6th January - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/58578.78

By the new timetable the 701 will now run half hourly during the day between 9 and 2 then their will be no service untill 7pm - which will then run half hourly. - note this will only serve..

St Peter's Campus
City Campus - Chester Road
Royal Hospital/Clanny House
City Campus - Travel Hub
St Peter's Campus

700 stays the same.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   21 Dec 2013, 11:37 am
(21 Dec 2013, 11:23 am)Michael wrote GNE have uploaded the new Sunderland connect timetable from the 6th January - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/58578.78

By the new timetable the 701 will now run half hourly during the day between 9 and 2 then their will be no service untill 7pm - which will then run half hourly.

700 stays the same.

Surprised to see a day-time running of the "Sunderland Connect" 701 service.
Every time I've photographed the service, it has been empty...
[Image: 8473770577_355b0e524f_z.jpg]

Assume 628 will be allocated during this time? Will bring the PVR up to 4, rather than 3...

Nexus likes to waste money though! Wink
Michael   21 Dec 2013, 11:40 am
(21 Dec 2013, 11:37 am)Dan wrote Surprised to see a day-time running of the "Sunderland Connect" 701 service.
Every time I've photographed the service, it has been empty...

Assume 628 will be allocated during this time? Will bring the PVR up to 4, rather than 3...

Nexus likes to waste money though! Wink

Me too, i was only expecting the changes for around the empire etc to change with the roadworks - that might be the busiest part of the route during that time though =D

Also just noticed on the Sunderland Connect GNE tab...

Fares and Tickets
A flat fare applies on this service, priced at £1.20* for any single journey. *£1.25 from 16 Sept.
An all-day ticket is also available priced at £2.00*, which allows unlimited travel on Sunderland Connect for one day. *£2.10 from 16 Sept.
Family ticket costing £5 for two adults and up to three children
Weekly Ticket giving unlimited travel for a week, for only £8

Seems the prices are going up to!

I also hope this is a sign of the other new timetables appearing for changes to the X36 etc

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   21 Dec 2013, 11:53 am
(21 Dec 2013, 11:40 am)Michael wrote Seems the prices are going up to!

Off memory, this is when the prices for all Nexus contracted service tickets went up by 5-10p.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4607]
Michael   21 Dec 2013, 12:22 pm
(21 Dec 2013, 11:53 am)Dan wrote Off memory, this is when the prices for all Nexus contracted service tickets went up by 5-10p.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4607]

Like how long they giving for Fare rises

Iv'e heard Solar 5206 has being re-painted, any one confirm? just with it being so close to Christmas didn't expect anymore to get repainted.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   21 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm
(20 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm)Dan wrote I've been listing the vehicles yet to be repainted in the news recently, to make it easier for people keeping track of individual brand repaints.

So if you look at the news from Sunday, the same buses need to be repainted minus one Cadet from Washington and one Omni from Percy. I have the fleet numbers at home, so will be able to confirm which two vehicles when I get back.

At Saltmeadows this week:
- Omni 5250 (into red - minus all 'Northern', and replaced with 'Go North East')
- Cadet 8252 (into red - as above).
Michael   21 Dec 2013, 12:29 pm
(21 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm)Dan wrote At Saltmeadows this week:
- Omni 5250 (into red - minus all 'Northern', and replaced with 'Go North East')

Cheers. =)

The fleet allocation is all wrong, why have they still got the Doxford Clipper and Washington Street Shuttle on the tab area when both brands have being discontinued for a while. It's just causing extra pointless pages to be added.

GNE still has the Washington Street Shuttle tab on their site to..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
northtynelinks2   21 Dec 2013, 1:38 pm
(21 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm)Dan wrote At Saltmeadows this week:

So there are only 3 Cobalt Clipper Omnis left? Also, has 8255 been repainted yet? I still have it down as been debranded but still lilac.
Dan   21 Dec 2013, 1:41 pm
(21 Dec 2013, 1:38 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote So there are only 3 Cobalt Clipper Omnis left? Also, has 8255 been repainted yet? I still have it down as been debranded but still lilac.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/newsArticle.php?id=173

News article only reports the Omnis going into blue for Whey Aye as 5250 was only repainted this week, but it reports all of the Cadets as they're all going into one livery...
Only one vehicle is repainted per week from each brand at each depot - 8252 was done this week, so 8255 hasn't been done - it should be repainted w/c 6th Jan owing to the Christmas/New Year rest period.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
legend   21 Dec 2013, 2:37 pm
Highwayman Solar 4933 has died outside the Hand Car Wash bus stop at Dunston whilst working service 98.
Adam   21 Dec 2013, 4:10 pm
Fab 56 branded Solar 5208 (I think it was) had a collapsed suspension earlier. It was operating as NIS leaning to the left quite badly beside the Bridges roundabout near Sunderland Road depot. I dare say it was heading there?
Pages (31)    120 21 2231