Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
New members - Introduce yourself | North East Buses

Skip to main content

New members - Introduce yourself

RE: New members - Introduce yourself
(06 Jun 2016, 8:22 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Its actually my first birthday on NEB, I registered on the 6th June 2015  Smile

Cheers everyone!

It says you registered on the 5th, so happy birthday for yesterday Wink
(06 Jun 2016, 7:57 pm)PO51WNF wrote Hahah I like Voyagers too Wink

Yeah I did Smile

Rancid things! One of the few units that I refuse to use, unless absolutely necessary.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Jun 2016, 10:25 pm)Adrian wrote Rancid things! One of the few units that I refuse to use, unless absolutely necessary.

Beautiful units when they work.

At the time they were more than necessary. IMO 47s would not have lasted a lot longer on trains from Aberdeen to Penzance and everywhere inbetween!
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(07 Jun 2016, 3:14 pm)northern156 wrote Beautiful units when they work.

At the time they were more than necessary. IMO 47s would not have lasted a lot longer on trains from Aberdeen to Penzance and everywhere inbetween!

I agree, prefer a voyager to a rake of Mark 2's though!
(07 Jun 2016, 3:25 pm)NK53 TKT wrote I agree, prefer a voyager to a rake of Mark 2's though!
Have you ever been on a Mark 2 coach? Much comfier seating, all seats have tables and much more spacious.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

(07 Jun 2016, 3:28 pm)northern156 wrote Have you ever been on a Mark 2 coach? Much comfier seating, all seats have tables and much more spacious.

Yeah, once in a DRS rake, I'm just not a fan really, much prefer a Mark 3 to a mark 4 though. The voyagers with crosscountry are in a bad internal condition
(07 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Yeah, once in a DRS rake, I'm just not a fan really, much prefer a Mark 3 to a mark 4 though. The voyagers with crosscountry are in a bad internal condition
Yet you'd prefer one to a Mark 2?

(07 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm)northern156 wrote Yet you'd prefer one to a Mark 2?

Yes, because mark 2s are older coaches and the one I was onboard was very busy and I had a bad experience. The DRS one at the open day last year in Carlisle looked good though
(07 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Yeah, once in a DRS rake, I'm just not a fan really, much prefer a Mark 3 to a mark 4 though. The voyagers with crosscountry are in a bad internal condition

Mark 3s are more spacious due to the Mark 4 having a curved bodyshell, Which was supposed to house the Tilting equipment.

Crosscounrtys Voyagers haven't had a refurbishment since new, Apart from the First Class area.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(07 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Mark 3s are more spacious due to the Mark 4 having a curved bodyshell, Which was supposed to house the Tilting equipment.

Crosscounrtys Voyagers haven't had a refurbishment since new, Apart from the First Class area.

I do find the lack of a voyager refurbishment obvious, the voyagers just have coffee stains everywhere I find.

As for the Mark 4s I just dislike the design, I find the Mark 3s have more room, not yet been on a refreshed virgin mark 4 but I have had a refurbished HST which even better for me was diveted via Yarm and Sunderland
I know I'm a bit late for this. But I'm Brian from South Shields who loves to ride on buses and collect tickets. I prefer Go North East and Stagecoach North East as well as most indipendant operators. London Underground and train enthusiast too.
Hello i'm Rob

Long time reader first time poster

Not in the same league as some of the enthusiasts on here but Enjoy reading the forum when I have the time
(10 Mar 2017, 10:55 am)Rob44 wrote Hello i'm Rob

Long time reader first time poster

Not in the same league as some of the enthusiasts on here but Enjoy reading the forum when I have the time

There is no league Smile

Welcome to the site and look forward to seeing your contributions.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Hello all, 
I have just joined and wanted to introduce myself, I am a big fan of the bygone era page as it showcases vehicles from the past which played a big part in developement of 21st century travel. That's all, Thank you.
RBM1710
Unregistered
New member - Introducing myself
Hello I'm Ray

Long time lurker with a lifetime interest in buses.
Now long retired and don't get around as I used to.
Grandfather worked for the Northern at Park Lane depot.
I have a large amount of bus books for disposal.
They are free to a good home if anyone wants them.
I have just joined this morning. I didn't even have to wait for my application to be approved.

My main areas of familiarity for buses are the North West, West Yorkshire and London. I already belong to the relevant bus forums.

My favourite operator local to this forum is Go North East. Arriva also have some good Sapphire & Max stock and have provided enjoyable cascaded London buses too.

As an aside, I sometimes listen to Lisa Shaw and Mel Crawford on BBC Radio Newcastle online!

I shall read these pages in more detail and comment further in January. Happy New Year everyone!
Site Administrator
(29 Dec 2019, 11:36 am)Metroline1511 wrote I have just joined this morning.  I didn't even have to wait for my application to be approved.

My main areas of familiarity for buses are the North West, West Yorkshire and London.  I already belong to the relevant bus forums.

My favourite operator local to this forum is Go North East.  Arriva also have some good Sapphire & Max stock and have provided enjoyable cascaded London buses too.

As an aside, I sometimes listen to Lisa Shaw and Mel Crawford on BBC Radio Newcastle online!

I shall read these pages in more detail and comment further in January.  Happy New Year everyone!

Enjoy browsing and contributing!

All the best for the new year.