You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

RE: Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions
(16 Feb 2018, 5:50 pm)Pulsar wrote Saw a dart on the A1 today. First time was sometime before 11, travelling northbound and left the A1 at the Seaton Burn roundabout. Second time it was on the back of an Ian Bradley tow truck travelling southbound seen near the Kingston Park slip road at around 16:50

The livery was all over orange and I could not see any fleetnames. Not sure who this may belong to.

My guess would be PCL Travel

(16 Feb 2018, 5:50 pm)Pulsar wrote Saw a dart on the A1 today. First time was sometime before 11, travelling northbound and left the A1 at the Seaton Burn roundabout. Second time it was on the back of an Ian Bradley tow truck travelling southbound seen near the Kingston Park slip road at around 16:50

The livery was all over orange and I could not see any fleetnames. Not sure who this may belong to.

I noticed that Dart this afternoon joining the A19 from Seaton Burn at 14:40 all of a sudden smoke started coming from the engine bay to the point I was unable to read the number plate. The Dart had to pull over to the side of the road and the driver (looked to be an engineer) quickly vacated the vehicle.
There was no branding on the vehicle apart from an easy access sticker on one of the off side windows the shade of orange looked similar to the Sainsbury's branded bus that Arriva had in Whitby.
(16 Feb 2018, 8:18 pm)Jimmi wrote Was it a MPD or a larger Dart? I ask as I have seen a photo on Facebook of Arriva MPD 1759 in Blyth depot this afternoon. Judging by the mention of Easy Access stickers, it sounds like it was 1759.

Yes it was an MPD, that all makes sense then. Never though of 1759, wonder why it was at Blyth?
My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Saw an Alx200 parked on someone's drive in Liverton. 
More or less opposite the Waterwheel Inn.
Didnt manage to get it id'd unfortunately.
Any ideas?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Was coming into Gateshead on the X24 from Sunderland this afternoon when I spotted former Tower Transit VWN32398 (LK54 FNP) parked up at Dynamix Skate Park - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Success4All provides a setting, in areas of Newcastle marked by low academic achievement, where independent, collaborative or paired learning can take place.
(05 Mar 2019, 5:28 pm)Malarkey wrote Was coming into Gateshead on the X24 from Sunderland this afternoon when I spotted former Tower Transit VWN32398 (LK54 FNP) parked up at Dynamix Skate Park - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Success4All provides a setting, in areas of Newcastle marked by low academic achievement, where independent, collaborative or paired learning can take place.

I think that's the one that featured on a George Clarke TV show recently.
They showed the conversion from a standard decker to a learning environment.
Might be available on More4 to catch.

Edit: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/tv/...783751.amp
(06 Feb 2020, 7:47 am)EL1TE wrote Anyone got an idea as to who owns Optare Excel Y249 DRC? Spotted it moving along Sunderland Road just a few mins ago..
It was with PCL Travel for a little bit but unsure if it still is or not: https://flic.kr/p/Ww5jh4
(06 Feb 2020, 8:10 am)Jimmi wrote It was with PCL Travel for a little bit but unsure if it still is or not: https://flic.kr/p/Ww5jh4
Didn’t look to be in plain white so I wouldn’t think it’s still with them. It was still a bit dark when I seen it so I can’t be sure what colours it actually was in.
(06 Feb 2020, 9:14 am)EL1TE wrote Didn’t look to be in plain white so I wouldn’t think it’s still with them. It was still a bit dark when I seen it so I can’t be sure what colours it actually was in.
Mostly black with red on top? Think PCL repainted it although wasn't seen after that point
(19 Jun 2020, 5:18 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: b0aee10d4739a4ba5c249e684d0f0a16.jpg]
Does anyone know which operator this belongs to, it was on the Asda bus in Bishop Auckland

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Isn't that the one the Eden use for the ASDA bus? It's parked in the same place

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(19 Jun 2020, 6:55 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Isn't that the one the Eden use for the ASDA bus? It's parked in the same place

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Yes Eden still do Asda contract in Bishop.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Have seen a Just Go Holidays coach pass through the bus gate just after 3:30pm for the past 2 days. It's a Cheltenham firm so I'm assuming 5he vehicle has been recently purchased. Enterprise group, maybe?
(15 Sep 2020, 2:47 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Have seen a Just Go Holidays coach pass through the bus gate just after 3:30pm for the past 2 days. It's a Cheltenham firm so I'm assuming 5he vehicle has been recently purchased. Enterprise group, maybe?

https://www.coachholidays.com/operators/...o-holidays no idea, but they're listed as having local drop offs/collections
(15 Sep 2020, 2:47 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Have seen a Just Go Holidays coach pass through the bus gate just after 3:30pm for the past 2 days. It's a Cheltenham firm so I'm assuming 5he vehicle has been recently purchased. Enterprise group, maybe?
Isn't Just Go the new parent company of the revived National Holidays
(15 Sep 2020, 4:50 pm)ifm001 wrote Isn't Just Go the new parent company of the revived National Holidays
Yes https://www.route-one.net/business-deals...-go-owner/ 
But they have nothing planned for this year? I'm sure I saw a plain white coach around the same time, last week (waiting for notsolittlun to get home from school)
Another school bus mystery: deep pink decker with University of Sunderland livery, on SL9, this afternoon. Didn't get close enough to photograph it as it disappeared into whitesmocks, presumably on its way to St Leonards.
(07 Jun 2021, 2:57 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Another school bus mystery: deep pink decker with University of Sunderland livery, on SL9, this afternoon. Didn't get close enough to photograph it as it disappeared into whitesmocks, presumably on its way to St Leonards.
Think that would be ALX400 SU53 UNV which is a JH coaches vehicle.
(07 Jun 2021, 3:00 pm)GNE6312 wrote Think that would be ALX400 SU53 UNV which is a JH coaches vehicle.
Definitely! Thank you.

There's always a few treats for spotters on the St Leonard's routes. Never seen that one before but there's a stagecoach Sunderland bus that usually comes over - a pretty unusual sight in Durham!
[Image: 3050af68bb1ae35fa645e3f71b0a6857.jpg]

Would anyone know who this belongs to as the most recent photos I could find were with CLG Travel but it’s had its vinyls removed since then and can’t make out what the operator name says by the front doors.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk