You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

RE: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
(30 May 2020, 4:45 pm)peter wrote But then where has this other order of Streetdecks come from? Cause originally there were only 31 for the Consett expresses, X21 and the 6-cylinder trial. Unless there was another order that I've missed out completely, we can't lose 9 from 31 and end up with 37! I'm under the impression that the "37" value refers to 37 double decks rather than 37 Streetdecks still due to arrive.

You might be right, looking back, i found the link to the GNE page with the information on about the new orders

"The order from Go North East includes the region’s first latest generation zero-emissions full electric single-deck buses, with 9 now confirmed from the world’s largest electric bus manufacturer, Yutong, as well as 34 of the latest low-emission Euro 6 engined double-deck buses and 11 single-deck buses from UK based manufacturers Wrightbus and Alexander Dennis Limited"

We still end up with 24 (25 with the one in Oxford). The above quote doesn't include the Red Arrow E400's because they were announced later.

Sorry Peter some reason i had a higher number in my head for Streetdecks arriving! Shy Shy
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 May 2020, 4:55 pm)cbma06 wrote There’s no point putting messages on which are false or misleading which are pointless, maybe should of been put on the speculation thread or maybe a fact thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure if one of the moderators found a problem with the nature of my posts they'd either remove them or move them into a 'speculation regarding upcoming deliveries' thread. But I've tried my best to state where I am making an assumption or suggestion and am by no way trying to post "false or misleading" information as you put it. And as for them being pointless, I'd ask what you think the point of this post is and how it's relevant towards Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus Pandemic. If you have that much of a problem with my posting then feel free to PM me individually, rather than clogging up the thread with more 'pointless' posts.
Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
(30 May 2020, 5:03 pm)peter wrote I'm sure if one of the moderators found a problem with the nature of my posts they'd either remove them or move them into a 'speculation regarding upcoming deliveries' thread. But I've tried my best to state where I am making an assumption or suggestion and am by no way trying to post "false or misleading" information as you put it. And as for them being pointless, I'd ask what you think the point of this post is and how it's relevant towards Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus Pandemic. If you have that much of a problem with my posting then feel free to PM me individually, rather than clogging up the thread with more 'pointless' posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(30 May 2020, 4:59 pm)Michael wrote You might be right, looking back, i found the link to the GNE page with the information on about the new orders

"The order from Go North East includes the region’s first latest generation zero-emissions full electric single-deck buses, with 9 now confirmed from the world’s largest electric bus manufacturer, Yutong, as well as 34 of the latest low-emission Euro 6 engined double-deck buses and 11 single-deck buses from UK based manufacturers Wrightbus and Alexander Dennis Limited"

We still end up with 24 (25 with the one in Oxford). The above quote doesn't include the Red Arrow E400's because they were announced later.

Sorry Peter some reason i had a higher number in my head for Streetdecks arriving!  Shy  Shy

I think your numbers might still be a little bit out, don't forget that original order of 34 included the 3 E400MMC's for the X30! 

No problem at all Michael Smile Those Streetdecks were ordered so long ago, it's hard to remember exactly how many were due!
(30 May 2020, 5:08 pm)peter wrote I think your numbers might still be a little bit out, don't forget that original order of 34 included the 3 E400MMC's for the X30! 

No problem at all Michael Smile Those Streetdecks were ordered so long ago, it's hard to remember exactly how many were due!

Ah ye... haha

Wonder which services will end up with the 22 streetdeckers end up then.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 May 2020, 5:21 pm)Michael wrote Ah ye... haha

Wonder which services will end up with the 22 streetdeckers  end up then.

Presumably still the Consett expresses, as that's what they were originally ordered for, but you never know with everything that's happened between now and when they were ordered, plans may have changed!
(30 May 2020, 5:25 pm)peter wrote Presumably still the Consett expresses, as that's what they were originally ordered for, but you never know with everything that's happened between now and when they were ordered, plans may have changed!

Hopefully

Ye, that's why i think the B9's from the Red Arrow will be refurbished in to X-Lines to allow them to convert the services missout on this conversion.

I'll have to work out the PVR's for each service which was to get the Streetdecks and then give my predictions.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 May 2020, 6:05 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully

Ye, that's why i think the B9's from the Red Arrow will be refurbished in to X-Lines to allow them to convert the services missout on this conversion.

I'll have to work out the PVR's for each service which was to get the Streetdecks and then give my predictions.
Would be surprised if Consett would take Washington's B9s and even if they did, they wouldn't last long. They struggle horrendously on Sheriff Hill so getting up the mountains to Stanley and Consett would probably finish them off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The original decker order (excluding the X1 E400MMCs) was:
- 3x E400MMC for X30
- 1x 6 Cylinder StreetDeck demo
- 13x StreetDeck X31/X45/X46
- 9x StreetDeck X47/X70/X71
- 4x StreetDeck X5/X15
- 3x StreetDeck *Consett Spares*
- 1x StreetDeck X21
(30 May 2020, 6:05 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully

***Speculation***

Here's my own prediction as to what will happen when the new vehicles arrive:

13x Streetdecks on the X31, X45, X46
-This displaces the current Red Kite Streetlites for use on services at Deptford
-This displaces the current Red Kite B9's to EYMS

9x Streetdecks on the X47, X70, X71,
-This displaces the current Toon Link/Fleet Liveried B9TL's onto services in Newcastle running within the future CAZ

1x E400 MMC on the X30
-This displaces 6336 or 6337 to Washington in turn displacing 3943 onto Scholars/Works services

14x E400 MMC on the X1
-This displaces 6001-6007 elsewhere within the fleet
-This displaces 6049-6055 to Consett, receiving an X-Lines refurb with 4 making up the PVR of the X5/15 and the other three acting as spares for the X-Lines network
(30 May 2020, 6:13 pm)L469 YVK wrote The original decker order (excluding the X1 E400MMCs) was:
- 3x E400MMC for X30
- 1x 6 Cylinder StreetDeck demo

- 4x StreetDeck X5/X15
- 3x StreetDeck *Consett Spares*
- 1x StreetDeck X21

22: I would say:

Although that leaves no spares though (as for a new batch) and just 2 spares in the whole batch....

(30 May 2020, 6:31 pm)peter wrote ***Speculation***

Here's my own prediction as to what will happen when the new vehicles arrive:

13x Streetdecks on the X31, X45, X46
-This displaces the current Red Kite Streetlites for use on services at Deptford
-This displaces the current Red Kite B9's to EYMS

9x Streetdecks on the X47, X70, X71,
-This displaces the current Toon Link/Fleet Liveried B9TL's onto services in Newcastle running within the future CAZ

1x E400 MMC on the X30
-This displaces 6336 or 6337 to Washington in turn displacing 3943 onto Scholars/Works services

14x E400 MMC on the X1
-This displaces 6001-6007 elsewhere within the fleet
-This displaces 6049-6055 to Consett, receiving an X-Lines refurb with 4 making up the PVR of the X5/15 and the other three acting as spares for the X-Lines network

Same ideas tbh Tongue

I think 6 of the 8 Red Kite Streetlites will go on the X20 (after a small refurb) for X-Lines too - wonder if all 6 Solo's will be allocated to the X20 for the time-being, allowing the 3 Citaro's coming spare from the 26/27 to go on the X6/X7 for extra capacity - but then again... will the X20 need bigger buses too?

---------------

Edit:

Looks like quite a few of the Citaro's have reentered service today according to Bustimes.org

Service listed is what the Citaro's are/were on now, according to Bustimes.org

5278 - 14
5281 - 56
5282 - 28B
5283 - 28
5288/5292/5334 - 78A
5295 - 34A
5300 - X85
5302 - 680
5308-5312/5316/5321 - 26/27
5315 - 28B

I do wonder how many buses so far, Go North East have managed to get back to their normal depots? - no doubt still moving buses until late tonight and then do it all again tomorrow Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 May 2020, 6:36 pm)Michael wrote 22: I would say:

Although that leaves no spares though (as for a new batch) and just 2 spares in the whole batch....

Same ideas tbh Tongue

I think 6 of the 8 Red Kite Streetlites will go on the X20 (after a small refurb) for X-Lines too - wonder if all 6 Solo's will be allocated to the X20 for the time-being, allowing the 3 Citaro's coming spare from the 26/27 to go on the X6/X7 for extra capacity - but then again... will the X20 need bigger buses too?

With the X20 still being branded X-Lines on the GNE site I think the 6 solo's will presumably remain allocated for the time being. Looking across the board at the service changes from June I got that the new daytime requirement for the 49/49a was 7 vehicle's which alongside the current dedicated spare leaves 3 available Streetlites - personally I think it'll be three Streetlites that make their way onto the X6/7. If my own PVR calculations are correct then 8 Mercedes Citaro's are being freed up across the fleet and as such I predict that these will make their way onto the 35 displacing the Solars for the time being. Not long to wait until we see what will end up being allocated lol
If the final number is 22 and the X21 is going back to half hourly, this is what could be done out of the 48 availble:

- 6341-48 for X21 (8x)

- 6349-57 for X47/X70/X71 (9x)

- 6358-6362 for X31/X45/X46 (5x)

- 6326-6333 for X31/X45/X46 (8x)

- 6315-6325 for 21 (11x)

- 6301-6304 for 21 (4x) *6304 would need to go back corporate

- 6305/6306/6307 Chester Le Street spares

- 1x of the best of 6043-48 to Percy Main as last resort spare for Cobalts (17x are branded for Cobalts but only 16x required). 6099 & 6100 to Consett as spares. Would leave 2x B9s and 2x B5s between Riverside and Hexham as spares for TVT & TTX.

Don't know what will happen with the X5/X15. Perhaps some ex Red Arrows B9s refurbished?
(30 May 2020, 7:08 pm)peter wrote With the X20 still being branded X-Lines on the GNE site I think the 6 solo's will presumably remain allocated for the time being. Looking across the board at the service changes from June I got that the new daytime requirement for the 49/49a was 7 vehicle's which alongside the current dedicated spare leaves 3 available Streetlites - personally I think it'll be three Streetlites that make their way onto the X6/7. If my own PVR calculations are correct then 8 Mercedes Citaro's are being freed up across the fleet and as such I predict that these will make their way onto the 35 displacing the Solars for the time being. Not long to wait until we see what will end up being allocated lol

Ye but i'm surprised the X20 isn't down for bigger buses because of the current crisis for the time-being.

I doubt we will see the Solars back in service now.. shame Sad.

The 56 and 60 also have spare buses for the time-being so those buses can be classed as spares at Deptford so the above could well happen

(30 May 2020, 7:14 pm)L469 YVK wrote If the final number is 22 and the X21 is going back to half hourly, this is what could be done out of the 48 availble:

- 6341-48 for X21 (8x)

- 6349-57 for X47/X70/X71 (9x)

- 6358-6362 for X31/X45/X46 (5x)

- 6326-6333 for X31/X45/X46 (8x)

- 6315-6325 for 21 (11x)

- 6301-6304 for 21 (4x) *6304 would need to go back corporate

- 6305/6306/6307 Chester Le Street spares

- 1x of the best of 6043-48 to Percy Main as last resort spare for Cobalts (17x are branded for Cobalts but only 16x required). 6099 & 6100 to Consett as spares. Would leave 2x B9s and 2x B5s between Riverside and Hexham as spares for TVT & TTX.

Don't know what will happen with the X5/X15. Perhaps some ex Red Arrows B9s refurbished?

That's what a few of us has suggested... seems like that might happen because the Red Arrow B9's have to be on a Newcastle service due to the Euro 6 upgrade although the X5/X15 don't go to Newcastle haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I think the plan for Washington's B9s was to have been on the 25/14/13/X22, however given the new route change, merges and cancellations thats probably gone up the spout.

(30 May 2020, 7:41 pm)6049 wrote I think the plan for Washington's B9s was to have been on the 25/14/13/X22, however given the new route change, merges and cancellations  thats probably gone up the spout.

The 25 still goes to Newcastle and will need to Euro 6 at some point - so they might end up getting some B9's at some point.

I take it the 14 and 25 are seperate services from Monday?, i'm on my phone so the timetables are rubbish, so i can't check
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 May 2020, 7:21 pm)Michael wrote Ye but i'm surprised the X20 isn't down for bigger buses because of the current crisis for the time-being.

I doubt we will see the Solars back in service now.. shame Sad.

The 56 and 60 also have spare buses for the time-being so those buses can be classed as spares at Deptford so the above could well happen

That's what a few of us has suggested... seems like that might happen because the Red Arrow B9's have to be on a Newcastle service due to the Euro 6 upgrade although the X5/X15 don't go to Newcastle haha

I thought the Red Arrow B9's were supposedly going on the 26/27, they need to be upgraded with something else though since they can't be upgraded to Euro 6 and there's not much else around other than them.

Also does any routes need more Omnicities as there's going to be the few that were left at Percy Main which were used on the 1 going spare by the looks of it.

Surely a better place for any spare Streetlites for Deptford would be on the 61, as it's obviously going to be part of the Drifter brand in the future hence the number and interworking at night.
(30 May 2020, 9:47 pm)Storx wrote I thought the Red Arrow B9's were supposedly going on the 26/27, they need to be upgraded with something else though since they can't be upgraded to Euro 6 and there's not much else around other than them.

Also does any routes need more Omnicities as there's going to be the few that were left at Percy Main which were used on the 1 going spare by the looks of it.

Surely a better place for any spare Streetlites for Deptford would be on the 61, as it's obviously going to be part of the Drifter brand in the future hence the number and interworking at night.
I suspect that the 26/27 may be the likely recipients of Washington's B9s as I'd imagine the PVR may be reducing now with these changes - think the PVR of the 26/27 was previously about 20?

Never thought of the 26/27 getting the Red Arrow B9's so they could go on them services, for the Euro 6 upgrade

The B9's could stop at Consett and go X-Lines after a refurb.

Leaving the 93/94 with the Versa's.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 May 2020, 10:03 pm)6049 wrote I suspect that the 26/27 may be the likely recipients of Washington's B9s as I'd imagine the PVR may be reducing now with these changes - think the PVR of the 26/27 was previously about 20?

I think the PVR of the 26/27 drops by about 5 from Monday, think the PVR was 18 pre-covid (going by the branded on here + 1 fleet livery)?

26/27 PVR - 13 PVR from the 1st June so a drop of 5 Citaros so its a perfect swap.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 May 2020, 10:39 pm)Michael wrote I think the PVR of the 26/27 drops by about 5 from Monday, think the PVR was 18 pre-covid (going by the branded on here + 1 fleet livery)?

26/27 PVR - 13 PVR from the 1st June so a drop of 5 Citaros so its a perfect swap.

Yeah I have that it was 18 but I think it goes down to 14, so only drops by 4 - still a perfect swap tho, 14 B9's for a PVR of 14 lol!
(30 May 2020, 11:07 pm)peter wrote Yeah I have that it was 18 but I think it goes down to 14, so only drops by 4 - still a perfect swap tho, 14 B9's for a PVR of 14 lol!

Least i was closer this time haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Still quite baffled as to where the X5/X15 vehicles will come from.

Working it out, the only way I could see the X5/X15 going X-Lines without significantly impacting the number of spares available would be another service being reduced.

If the 56 was permanently reduced to every 15 minutes (PVR 11 + 1x spare) and 6096-98 alongside 6099 was allocated to the X5/X15, that would be do-able but would leave Consett with only 2x X-Lines spares covering a PVR of 30x. Plus that would only mean 1x low height decker and 1x Gemini spare.

However, something like the following could perhaps be done.

Washington (1x spare for PVR 14)
  • ADL E400MMC 6342-6355 (X-Lines X1)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6100 (X-Lines spare, already suitable spec) *** see notes about this under Consett
Deptford (1x spare for PVR 11)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6085-6095 (Fab Fifty Six - old spec)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6084 (GNE Corporate spare - old spec)
Hexham / Riverside (4x spare for PVR 37)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6043-6044 (GNE Corporate spare - old spec)
  • Volvo B5TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 6334 (X-Lines spare)
  • Volvo B5TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 6335 (X-Lines spare)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6045-6047 (Tyne Valley Ten - old spec)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6071-6083 (Tyne Valley Ten - old spec)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6001-6007 (Crusader - new spec)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6049-6055 (Crusader - new spec)
Percy Main (4x spares for PVR 28 if Coaster stays at every 20 mins)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6101 (GNE Corporate spare - new spec)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6102-6117 (Cobalt & Coast - new spec)
  • Volvo B5LH Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6056-6067 (Coaster - old spec but could be refurbished)
  • Volvo B5LH Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6068-6070 (GNE Corporate spare - old spec but could be refurbished)
Consett (3x spares for PVR 30)
  • ADL E400MMC 6338-6341 (X-Lines X30)
  • ADL E400MMC 6336 & 6337 (X-Lines spares) *** will allow more flexibility in terms of spares with 2x suitable height deckers available to be allocated to X30 if required
  • Wright StreetDeck 6364-6372 (X-Lines X47/X70/X71)
  • Wright StreetDeck 6373-6377 (X-Lines X31/X45/X46)
  • Wright StreetDeck 6326-6333 (X-Lines X31/X45/X46)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6096-6099 (X-Lines X5/X15 with 6096-6098 refurbished, 6099 already suitable spec for X-Lines)
  • Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6048 (X-Lines spare, refurbished)
Chester Le Street (3x spares for PVR 23)
  • Wright StreetDeck 6356-6363 (X-Lines X21)
  • Wright StreetDeck 6315-6325 (Angel 21)
  • Wright StreetDeck 6301-6304 (Angel 21)
  • Wright StreetDeck 6305-6307 (GNE Corporate spare)
Also got to bare in mind that should newer vehicles be ordered in the not too far distant future for the X9/X10 depending on how the route performs post COVID19, 6308-6314 will become available depending on how many would need to be allocated to X84 / X85 (if any) to alleviate any pressure as well as 6334 & 6335.
One of the E400s from EY was previously confirmed as being the spare for the X1 (6336 IIRC). One of the new E400 batch will therefore be going up to Consett for the X30 if I understood the update.

It'll be interesting to see what turns up first out of the E400s or StreetDecks. That should also determine the fleet number unless Dan has already assigned them so they stay in sync - i.e. new E400s being 6341 onwards before the StreetDecks are counted

(02 Jun 2020, 5:26 pm)6049 wrote One of the E400s from EY was previously confirmed as being the spare for the X1 (6336 IIRC). One of the new E400 batch will therefore be going up to Consett for the X30 if I understood the update.

It'll be interesting to see what turns up first out of the E400s or StreetDecks. That should also determine the fleet number unless Dan has already assigned them so they stay in sync - i.e. new E400s being 6341 onwards before the StreetDecks are counted

Yeah, would make sense 6341-55 being assigned to the E400MMCs. 

In terms of the Washington & Consett spares, would it not make more sense (if my plan was correct which it probably isn't) having 2x low height double deckers at Consett if B9TLs were to become available as spares with a B9TL going to Washington as the X1 spare instead?

In terms of priority allocations for the 'new' StreetDecks, it would make 100% sense to allocate the new StreetDecks to the X21 now that will most likely run at a 30 minute frequency and the length of the route too. X47/X70/X71 are also testing routes too.

Will be interesting to see what happens. GNE are in a position due to Covid19 where although at least they're getting the planned investment to an extent, they've got to maximise the resources they have at hand. I'd imagine further resources will become available over time with some routes such as the 21 potentially facing slight reductions in frequency going from every 7-8 mins to every 10 mins etc.
(02 Jun 2020, 10:31 pm)L469 YVK wrote Yeah, would make sense 6341-55 being assigned to the E400MMCs. 

In terms of the Washington & Consett spares, would it not make more sense (if my plan was correct which it probably isn't) having 2x low height double deckers at Consett if B9TLs were to become available as spares with a B9TL going to Washington as the X1 spare instead?

In terms of priority allocations for the 'new' StreetDecks, it would make 100% sense to allocate the new StreetDecks to the X21 now that will most likely run at a 30 minute frequency and the length of the route too. X47/X70/X71 are also testing routes too.

Will be interesting to see what happens. GNE are in a position due to Covid19 where although at least they're getting the planned investment to an extent, they've got to maximise the resources they have at hand. I'd imagine further resources will become available over time with some routes such as the 21 potentially facing slight reductions in frequency going from every 7-8 mins to every 10 mins etc.

It doesn't make sense to me why they'd choose to keep the older StreetDecks on the X21 and not distribute them around as spares, I get that they're really not that old, but on a route that long would it not make sense to keep it up to date with the most efficient vehicles like they do with the X9/X10?
(02 Jun 2020, 10:31 pm)L469 YVK wrote Yeah, would make sense 6341-55 being assigned to the E400MMCs. 

GNE tend not to have two allocated spares for that level of PVR. X1 has one spare allocated for a PVR of 14. I'd say they were more likely to have at least a StreetDeck as spare for the rest of their allocations

(02 Jun 2020, 11:00 pm)streetdeckfan wrote It doesn't make sense to me why they'd choose to keep the older StreetDecks on the X21 and not distribute them around as spares, I get that they're really not that old, but on a route that long would it not make sense to keep it up to date with the most efficient vehicles like they do with the X9/X10?

Maybe in hindsight they'd have done that given the changes which have now come in, but they're unlikely to respray the same bus twice within a year because plans have changed. Especially given the current scenario.

(03 Jun 2020, 12:11 am)6049 wrote GNE tend not to have two allocated spares for that level of PVR. X1 has one spare allocated for a PVR of 14. I'd say they were more likely to have at least a StreetDeck as spare for the rest of their allocations

What I meant was that if an X-Lines compliant B9TL vehicle was available,surely it would make more sense to allocate that to Washington to cover the PVR of 14 and then allocate 2x E400MMCs to Consett as spares allowing more flexibility.