You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - Recent Repaints

Go North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Recent Repaints
Doesn't matter what vehicles operate it but that too will need to be Euro6 vehicles to continue when the CAZ starts, so would be a likely candidate for cascaded vehicles?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(22 Jun 2020, 2:20 pm)tyresmoke wrote Doesn't matter what vehicles operate it but that too will need to be Euro6 vehicles to continue when the CAZ starts, so would be a likely candidate for cascaded vehicles?

I can't confirm this but didn't they get upgraded to Euro 6 by Gateshead Council? Can't imagine them being too happy if they're send outside their area.
(22 Jun 2020, 2:20 pm)tyresmoke wrote Doesn't matter what vehicles operate it but that too will need to be Euro6 vehicles to continue when the CAZ starts, so would be a likely candidate for cascaded vehicles?

I was thinking more in terms of customer experience, last thing you want from a holiday (even if it is just over the water) is to be stuck on a soggy Omnidekka.

(22 Jun 2020, 3:44 pm)Storx wrote I can't confirm this but didn't they get upgraded to Euro 6 by Gateshead Council? Can't imagine them being too happy if they're send outside their area.

There aren't really any other services that they could go on in Gateshead, plus, they're being replaced with even more efficient vehicles so that may be a 'get out clause' in the contract
(22 Jun 2020, 3:47 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I was thinking more in terms of customer experience, last thing you want from a holiday (even if it is just over the water) is to be stuck on a soggy Omnidekka.

There aren't really any other services that they could go on in Gateshead, plus, they're being replaced with even more efficient vehicles so that may be a 'get out clause' in the contract

26/27 is the perfect place for them imo and also need upgrading aswell.

Seems a waste putting them on the ferry buses when you have the ex London B9TL's etc.
(22 Jun 2020, 4:41 pm)Storx wrote 26/27 is the perfect place for them imo and also need upgrading aswell.

Seems a waste putting them on the ferry buses when you have the ex London B9TL's etc.
The ex London B9s were going onto the 93/94 and iirc 13/25/X22. I had wondered if the 58 might get upgraded to a DD route.
(22 Jun 2020, 4:53 pm)Stanleyone wrote The ex London B9s were going onto the 93/94 and iirc 13/25/X22. I had wondered if the 58 might get upgraded to a DD route.

Is that confirmed now?, if so, good move.

I would of thought the same with the 58 - is it still getting electric buses?

--------------

My thoughts on cascades:

Red Arrow B9's on to the 26/27

Ex London B9's on the 13/25/93/94

Red Kite Streetlites to Deptford for the 61 and replacing 5481 - 5487 which will be withdrawn

Citaro's from the Crusader (17) - to replace 17 Omnicities

Versa's from the 93/93 - (7) to replace more Omnicities

Only Omnicities left is the 14 for the 5/50 (due to the Euro 6 upgrade)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jun 2020, 12:59 pm)Michael wrote Is that confirmed now?, if so, good move.

I would of thought the same with the 58 - is it still getting electric buses?

--------------

My thoughts on cascades:

Red Arrow B9's on to the 26/27

Ex London B9's on the 13/25/93/94

Red Kite Streetlites to Deptford for the 61 and replacing 5481 - 5487 which will be withdrawn

Citaro's from the Crusader (17) - to replace 17 Omnicities

Versa's from the 93/93 - (7) to replace more Omnicities

Only Omnicities left is the 14 for the 5/50 (due to the Euro 6 upgrade)

Dont forget the toonlink omnicities are only in service for hot spares and extra 2 for coach cover on scholars at Hexham while screens are installed. No doubt they will be withdrawn again in a few weeks
That only leaves 13 at chester and 2 at Percy Main available to be displaced
(23 Jun 2020, 1:15 pm)JP6004 wrote Dont forget the toonlink omnicities are only in service for hot spares and extra 2 for coach cover on scholars at Hexham while screens are installed. No doubt they will be withdrawn again in a few weeks

Oh ye, i forgot about that.

Probables see the more Citaro's withdrawn then, after 5281-5287.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jun 2020, 1:19 pm)Michael wrote Oh ye, i forgot about that.

Probables see the more Citaro's withdrawn then, after 5281-5287.
Or the 3 L94 still in service along with a few vykings
(23 Jun 2020, 1:21 pm)JP6004 wrote Or the 3 L94 still in service along with a few vykings

Aren't the 3 Scania L94's, just in service for a brief amount of time anyway, replacing coaches on a school contract? - they should be withdrawn soon as the coaches are fitted with protective screens.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jun 2020, 1:24 pm)Michael wrote Aren't the 3 Scania L94's, just in service for a brief amount of time anyway, replacing coaches on a school contract? - they should be withdrawn soon as the coaches are fitted with protective screens.
Was testing you Tongue
(23 Jun 2020, 1:26 pm)JP6004 wrote Was testing you Tongue

Tongue, shame about the Scania's like, shame they can't get another 5 years or so out of them.

Surprised no one has been to SM, to try and get a picture of 6050.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jun 2020, 1:32 pm)Michael wrote Tongue, shame about the Scania's like, shame they can't get another 5 years or so out of them.

Surprised no one has been to SM, to try and get a picture of 6050.
They well past it now, all good things....

Yes surprised a certain person hasn't had a little trip out. No doubt all be revealed soon
Site Administrator
(23 Jun 2020, 1:42 pm)JP6004 wrote They well past it now, all good things....

Yes surprised a certain person hasn't had a little trip out. No doubt all be revealed soon

Nothing to see yet!

5214 has now been repainted white.
(23 Jun 2020, 1:49 pm)Dan wrote Nothing to see yet!

5214 has now been repainted white.

Hope it looks better than that white B10 that used to knock about North TynesideĀ  Tongue
(23 Jun 2020, 1:51 pm)JP6004 wrote Hope it looks better than that white B10 that used to knock about North TynesideĀ  Tongue

The 2 Scania's are getting repainted before being sold on, so hopefully Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jun 2020, 1:15 pm)JP6004 wrote Dont forget the toonlink omnicities are only in service for hot spares and extra 2 for coach cover on scholars at Hexham while screens are installed. No doubt they will be withdrawn again in a few weeks

Also looks like 706-708 are being used as shuttles at Washington, likely they could go at a later date too?

(23 Jun 2020, 5:11 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Likely to be 6051 since that's been off the road for a few days now

Ah cool, wonder what colour that'll come out as Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jun 2020, 5:17 pm)Michael wrote Also looks like 706-708 are being used as shuttles at Washington, likely they could go at a later date too?

Two of those will be needed on the 23 once the Cathedral Bus restarts
(23 Jun 2020, 5:37 pm)S813Ā FVK wrote Two of those will be needed on the 23 once the Cathedral Bus restarts
Wonder if the cathedral will open on the 4th inline with the announcement made today.
(23 Jun 2020, 7:27 pm)Stanleyone wrote Wonder if the cathedral will open on the 4th inline with the announcement made today.

I'd imagine so, churches are just like businesses, the longer they stay closed, the more money they lose (or the less they make!)
(23 Jun 2020, 5:17 pm)Michael wrote Also looks like 706-708 are being used as shuttles at Washington, likely they could go at a later date too?

708 has been the allocation for the H2 so would not be available for shuttles between 07:00 and 17:30.
(25 Jun 2020, 1:26 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I'm going to have a guess and say I'll probably hate it!

Shock horror, as you seem to hate everything.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.