Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (46) Previous 144 45 46 Next
citaro5284

31 Dec 2013, 3:47 pm #881
(31 Dec 2013, 3:42 pm)Crusader How can it be said that services are being reduced and changes being made for the worse when the details aren't yet available? Surely it would be sensible to wait until the end of the week to see the details of the changes before commenting if they are better or worse?

Exactly, What is the point, unless of course he wants to put the buses in OK livery Big Grin
citaro5284
31 Dec 2013, 3:47 pm #881

(31 Dec 2013, 3:42 pm)Crusader How can it be said that services are being reduced and changes being made for the worse when the details aren't yet available? Surely it would be sensible to wait until the end of the week to see the details of the changes before commenting if they are better or worse?

Exactly, What is the point, unless of course he wants to put the buses in OK livery Big Grin

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 3:50 pm #882
(31 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm)CatsFast101 Going by consultation and VOSA registrations, it would appear changes are mostly going ahead, which I believe means Marley Pots loses all GNE services & Castletown/Town End Farm is reduced from 4 to 3 buses each hour from/to City Centre. However I do agree we need to see what the changes are fully to comment on them.

A lot more changes have been made compared to the ones which have been proposed.
Despite initial worries, I do feel that the network stands a chance of being more reliable... Let's see what the timetables say at the end of this week though. Wink
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 3:50 pm #882

(31 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm)CatsFast101 Going by consultation and VOSA registrations, it would appear changes are mostly going ahead, which I believe means Marley Pots loses all GNE services & Castletown/Town End Farm is reduced from 4 to 3 buses each hour from/to City Centre. However I do agree we need to see what the changes are fully to comment on them.

A lot more changes have been made compared to the ones which have been proposed.
Despite initial worries, I do feel that the network stands a chance of being more reliable... Let's see what the timetables say at the end of this week though. Wink

Andreos1

31 Dec 2013, 3:57 pm #883
(31 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm)gtomlinson Since its late in the year and booze has clouded my memory and ability to google, what type of vehicle did GNE have on loan from EYMS for the 21/22 trial?

Not sure about EYMS, but can remember a decker working that route.
Possibly a Brighton bus?

I will use your excuse too... Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
31 Dec 2013, 3:57 pm #883

(31 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm)gtomlinson Since its late in the year and booze has clouded my memory and ability to google, what type of vehicle did GNE have on loan from EYMS for the 21/22 trial?

Not sure about EYMS, but can remember a decker working that route.
Possibly a Brighton bus?

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 4:04 pm #884
(31 Dec 2013, 3:57 pm)andreos1 Not sure about EYMS, but can remember a decker working that route.
Possibly a Brighton bus?

Are we talking about Brighton & Hove's 440 (BK10 MGV), which was a former demonstrator vehicle?
That was numbered 9147, and was initially on loan at Washington depot for "Red Arrows" service X1 (as shown here).

Or are we talking about Brighton & Hove's 441 (BG61 SXS), which was used for familiarisation purposes at Chester-le-Street depot on "Angel" service 21, (as shown here)?
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 4:04 pm #884

(31 Dec 2013, 3:57 pm)andreos1 Not sure about EYMS, but can remember a decker working that route.
Possibly a Brighton bus?

Are we talking about Brighton & Hove's 440 (BK10 MGV), which was a former demonstrator vehicle?
That was numbered 9147, and was initially on loan at Washington depot for "Red Arrows" service X1 (as shown here).

Or are we talking about Brighton & Hove's 441 (BG61 SXS), which was used for familiarisation purposes at Chester-le-Street depot on "Angel" service 21, (as shown here)?

Andreos1

31 Dec 2013, 4:08 pm #885
(31 Dec 2013, 4:04 pm)Dan Are we talking about Brighton & Hove's 440 (BK10 MGV), which was a former demonstrator vehicle?

Yup, as gtomlinson mentioned initially, it was the one for the 21 he was trying to remember.

Andreos1
31 Dec 2013, 4:08 pm #885

(31 Dec 2013, 4:04 pm)Dan Are we talking about Brighton & Hove's 440 (BK10 MGV), which was a former demonstrator vehicle?

Yup, as gtomlinson mentioned initially, it was the one for the 21 he was trying to remember.

31 Dec 2013, 4:35 pm #886
(31 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm)gtomlinson I see our own Greg having a bash at GNE over the service changes.

What really pissed me off was them wasting time on a ridiculous Facebook post about the Winter Carnival in Newcastle and GNE TAKING you there, but they can't bring you back as all the buses disappear by 7pm - when they can't be arsed to even SAY what the changes are (allegedly in response to the "consultation" it was almost impossible to find the forms for) weeks after they've been notified to Traffic Commissioners. They obviously know these changes, sorry ... reductions, aren't going to be popular.
Greg in Weardale
31 Dec 2013, 4:35 pm #886

(31 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm)gtomlinson I see our own Greg having a bash at GNE over the service changes.

What really pissed me off was them wasting time on a ridiculous Facebook post about the Winter Carnival in Newcastle and GNE TAKING you there, but they can't bring you back as all the buses disappear by 7pm - when they can't be arsed to even SAY what the changes are (allegedly in response to the "consultation" it was almost impossible to find the forms for) weeks after they've been notified to Traffic Commissioners. They obviously know these changes, sorry ... reductions, aren't going to be popular.

Andreos1

31 Dec 2013, 4:40 pm #887
(31 Dec 2013, 4:35 pm)Greg in Weardale What really pissed me off was them wasting time on a ridiculous Facebook post about the Winter Carnival in Newcastle and GNE TAKING you there, but they can't bring you back as all the buses disappear by 7pm - when they can't be arsed to even SAY what the changes are (allegedly in response to the "consultation" it was almost impossible to find the forms for) weeks after they've been notified to Traffic Commissioners. They obviously know these changes, sorry ... reductions, aren't going to be popular.

Welcome to my world... It is like that every day of the week for me, never mind New Years Eve. Whether it is a show they are advertising at The Customs House, a match at SJP or someone on at the Arena, they can get me there, but they won't take me home Big Grin
Edited 31 Dec 2013, 4:40 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
31 Dec 2013, 4:40 pm #887

(31 Dec 2013, 4:35 pm)Greg in Weardale What really pissed me off was them wasting time on a ridiculous Facebook post about the Winter Carnival in Newcastle and GNE TAKING you there, but they can't bring you back as all the buses disappear by 7pm - when they can't be arsed to even SAY what the changes are (allegedly in response to the "consultation" it was almost impossible to find the forms for) weeks after they've been notified to Traffic Commissioners. They obviously know these changes, sorry ... reductions, aren't going to be popular.

Welcome to my world... It is like that every day of the week for me, never mind New Years Eve. Whether it is a show they are advertising at The Customs House, a match at SJP or someone on at the Arena, they can get me there, but they won't take me home Big Grin

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 4:47 pm #888

Weren't the Customer Consultation leaflets available on buses which were allocated to the services affected by the consultation? Surely this is the best way to distribute said leaflets, as it minimises the amount of "spoof responses" which could have been sent in, as was the case with previous customer consultations available online. Leaflets were also distributed to houses on the routes of the services affected, and if you still didn't receive one after all of that, you could e-mail Customer Services and they would have sent you one out in the post within about 5 working days. At a guess, if you're blind and living in the dark ages with no Internet access, you should have been able to pick up a copy in Park Lane's Nexus shop, and also in the City of Sunderland Library.

The day the customer consultation leaflets were made available on buses, I scanned one in for the members of this forum. I intend on doing the same thing later this week, as I'm led to believe the consultation results have hit the printers and should be distributed on vehicles from the end of this week (as Michael said earlier). This information will also be available online at the end of this week, giving just over three weeks for passengers to be alerted of the changes. Of course, plenty of notice will be given on GNE's Social Media pages also.
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 4:47 pm #888

Weren't the Customer Consultation leaflets available on buses which were allocated to the services affected by the consultation? Surely this is the best way to distribute said leaflets, as it minimises the amount of "spoof responses" which could have been sent in, as was the case with previous customer consultations available online. Leaflets were also distributed to houses on the routes of the services affected, and if you still didn't receive one after all of that, you could e-mail Customer Services and they would have sent you one out in the post within about 5 working days. At a guess, if you're blind and living in the dark ages with no Internet access, you should have been able to pick up a copy in Park Lane's Nexus shop, and also in the City of Sunderland Library.

The day the customer consultation leaflets were made available on buses, I scanned one in for the members of this forum. I intend on doing the same thing later this week, as I'm led to believe the consultation results have hit the printers and should be distributed on vehicles from the end of this week (as Michael said earlier). This information will also be available online at the end of this week, giving just over three weeks for passengers to be alerted of the changes. Of course, plenty of notice will be given on GNE's Social Media pages also.

Malarkey

31 Dec 2013, 4:55 pm #889
(31 Dec 2013, 4:08 pm)andreos1 Yup, as gtomlinson mentioned initially, it was the one for the 21 he was trying to remember.

EYMS 9168 YX08 FYG on Angel Service 22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simplytrans...4232481982

Was this not the one gtomlinson was on about rather the 2 Brighton Examples
Malarkey
31 Dec 2013, 4:55 pm #889

(31 Dec 2013, 4:08 pm)andreos1 Yup, as gtomlinson mentioned initially, it was the one for the 21 he was trying to remember.

EYMS 9168 YX08 FYG on Angel Service 22

CatsFast101

Unregistered

31 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm #890
I do think it's a bit late to notify people, if it's Thursday 2nd Januray they announce changes it's still only 24 days until changes come into affect. I recall the 24th March 2013 changes been announced early Feburary and I think it's only right people are notified well in advance.
CatsFast101
31 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm #890

I do think it's a bit late to notify people, if it's Thursday 2nd Januray they announce changes it's still only 24 days until changes come into affect. I recall the 24th March 2013 changes been announced early Feburary and I think it's only right people are notified well in advance.

citaro5284

31 Dec 2013, 6:07 pm #891
(31 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)CatsFast101 I do think it's a bit late to notify people, if it's Thursday 2nd January.

I don't
Edited 31 Dec 2013, 6:07 pm by citaro5284.
citaro5284
31 Dec 2013, 6:07 pm #891

(31 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)CatsFast101 I do think it's a bit late to notify people, if it's Thursday 2nd January.

I don't

peter

31 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm #892
I have been looking into bus operators in and around Yorkshire and neighbouring areas and discovered something very interesting about a bus operator called Trent Barton, which is summarised in a quote below:

'the villager' services run south to Burton on Trent with the numbering system, V1, V2, V3 and V4 and a number of services run north towards Ilkeston and Heanor such as the 'black cat' and 'H1'.

Trentbarton also operate a number of express services around the East Midlands. These include:
'red arrow' service from Nottingham to Derby
'pronto' (operated jointly with Stagecoach) from Nottingham and Mansfield to Chesterfield

V1, V2, V3, V4 are also route numbers used for the GNE Venture network. Black Cats was a brand previously used by GNE and I believe there was also previously a H1 service/route. Red Arrows and Pronto are also brands both used by GNE. A coincidence?
peter
31 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm #892

I have been looking into bus operators in and around Yorkshire and neighbouring areas and discovered something very interesting about a bus operator called Trent Barton, which is summarised in a quote below:

'the villager' services run south to Burton on Trent with the numbering system, V1, V2, V3 and V4 and a number of services run north towards Ilkeston and Heanor such as the 'black cat' and 'H1'.

Trentbarton also operate a number of express services around the East Midlands. These include:
'pronto' (operated jointly with Stagecoach) from Nottingham and Mansfield to Chesterfield

V1, V2, V3, V4 are also route numbers used for the GNE Venture network. Black Cats was a brand previously used by GNE and I believe there was also previously a H1 service/route. Red Arrows and Pronto are also brands both used by GNE. A coincidence?

Andreos1

31 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm #893
(31 Dec 2013, 4:55 pm)Adam Malarkey EYMS 9168 YX08 FYG on Angel Service 22

It most probably was that one!
Gtomlinson - is this the one you were on about?

Andreos1
31 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm #893

(31 Dec 2013, 4:55 pm)Adam Malarkey EYMS 9168 YX08 FYG on Angel Service 22

It most probably was that one!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm #894
(31 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)CatsFast101 I do think it's a bit late to notify people, if it's Thursday 2nd Januray they announce changes it's still only 24 days until changes come into affect. I recall the 24th March 2013 changes been announced early Feburary and I think it's only right people are notified well in advance.

As long as it is well advertised, then surely 3.5 weeks is ample time to become aware of changes, if they were only given 7 days that would be taking the piss, but 3 weeks in advance is a good amount of time

(31 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm)peter I have been looking into bus operators in and around Yorkshire and neighbouring areas and discovered something very interesting about a bus operator called Trent Barton, which is summarised in a quote below:

Dont know about conincidence, are any of the services you menioned anything to do with The Go-Ahead-Group?
Edited 31 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
31 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm #894

(31 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)CatsFast101 I do think it's a bit late to notify people, if it's Thursday 2nd Januray they announce changes it's still only 24 days until changes come into affect. I recall the 24th March 2013 changes been announced early Feburary and I think it's only right people are notified well in advance.

As long as it is well advertised, then surely 3.5 weeks is ample time to become aware of changes, if they were only given 7 days that would be taking the piss, but 3 weeks in advance is a good amount of time

(31 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm)peter I have been looking into bus operators in and around Yorkshire and neighbouring areas and discovered something very interesting about a bus operator called Trent Barton, which is summarised in a quote below:

Dont know about conincidence, are any of the services you menioned anything to do with The Go-Ahead-Group?

tyresmoke

31 Dec 2013, 6:30 pm #895
(31 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm)fozzovmurton As long as it is well advertised, then surely 3.5 weeks is ample time to become aware of changes, if they were only given 7 days that would be taking the piss, but 3 weeks in advance is a good amount of time

There is no doubting that there was at some stage a relationship between Trent Barton and Go North East, presumably their management teams shared ideas on how to improve both companies. Brands such as Red Arrow are use by both. I've used Trent Barton many times so I'm sure I can give a few insights.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
31 Dec 2013, 6:30 pm #895

(31 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm)fozzovmurton As long as it is well advertised, then surely 3.5 weeks is ample time to become aware of changes, if they were only given 7 days that would be taking the piss, but 3 weeks in advance is a good amount of time

There is no doubting that there was at some stage a relationship between Trent Barton and Go North East, presumably their management teams shared ideas on how to improve both companies. Brands such as Red Arrow are use by both. I've used Trent Barton many times so I'm sure I can give a few insights.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

31 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm #896

Nope, Trent Barton are part of the Wellglade Group along with Notts and Derby, Kinchbus and TM Travel who have nothing to do with the Go Ahead group.
northtynelinks2
31 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm #896

Nope, Trent Barton are part of the Wellglade Group along with Notts and Derby, Kinchbus and TM Travel who have nothing to do with the Go Ahead group.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm #897
Thanks for the answer, national bus companies is not really my specialist subject (Y)
MrFozz
31 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm #897

Thanks for the answer, national bus companies is not really my specialist subject (Y)

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 7:18 pm #898
(31 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm)northtynelinks2 Nope, Trent Barton are part of the Wellglade Group along with Notts and Derby, Kinchbus and TM Travel who have nothing to do with the Go Ahead group.

Nothing to do with Go Ahead, but I'm positive I recall meetings between management of both parties when branding was first introduced to both Go North East and Trent Barton.
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 7:18 pm #898

(31 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm)northtynelinks2 Nope, Trent Barton are part of the Wellglade Group along with Notts and Derby, Kinchbus and TM Travel who have nothing to do with the Go Ahead group.

Nothing to do with Go Ahead, but I'm positive I recall meetings between management of both parties when branding was first introduced to both Go North East and Trent Barton.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Dec 2013, 7:27 pm #899
So basically any relationship GNE has with Trent Barton is purely informal to/was to collaborate on branding...

How effective is the branding on Trent Bartons patch, does it work well
MrFozz
31 Dec 2013, 7:27 pm #899

So basically any relationship GNE has with Trent Barton is purely informal to/was to collaborate on branding...

How effective is the branding on Trent Bartons patch, does it work well

gtom

Banned

31 Dec 2013, 7:34 pm #900
(31 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm)andreos1 It most probably was that one!

It absolutely was. Great ride she was
gtom
31 Dec 2013, 7:34 pm #900

(31 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm)andreos1 It most probably was that one!

It absolutely was. Great ride she was

Pages (46) Previous 144 45 46 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average