Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East - Recent Repaints | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East - Recent Repaints

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints
(13 Jul 2020, 12:24 pm)JP6004 wrote Sure Dan said they couldn't be upgraded. Might be wrong. Yea forgot about them being bog standard.

(13 Jul 2020, 12:26 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Yeah, they have a different engine than the newer ones

Eminox have now released an exhaust upgrade for the Euro 5 Streetlites. A number of Arriva North East's examples have now been upgraded.
(13 Jul 2020, 12:34 pm)Dan wrote Eminox have now released an exhaust upgrade for the Euro 5 Streetlites. A number of Arriva North East's examples have now been upgraded.
No doubt few of GNE will now receive these mods
(13 Jul 2020, 12:34 pm)Dan wrote Eminox have now released an exhaust upgrade for the Euro 5 Streetlites. A number of Arriva North East's examples have now been upgraded.

I suppose that no doubt increases their 'value' to GNE quite considerably if they were to get them upgraded.
(16 Jul 2020, 6:35 pm)Michael wrote 6001 is now in "Go North East" Livery - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/50...13/in/feed -  Photo by Stealth: 5307, 5332

I still wonder if 6 of the ex Consett B9's will go on the Crusader so they're all from 2012 or the brand has been dropped.
MG said red arrow B9s. Probs only temporary until cascades from the Ten  Smile Wink
(16 Jul 2020, 7:35 pm)JP6004 wrote MG said red arrow B9s. Probs only temporary until cascades from the Ten  Smile Wink

Probs be fully dropped then if 6001 is going on the Crusader.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Jul 2020, 7:35 pm)JP6004 wrote MG said red arrow B9s. Probs only temporary until cascades from the Ten  Smile Wink
You dropping us a hint there? Is that why the X84 & X85 received E400MMCs for "fleet commonality" at Hexham?
Isn't the PVR for the 27 less than the X1? If that's the case, 6001 could be going as spare with the remainder in a "new" Crusader livery - maybe with 6050 filling the same role unless that's going to form part of the PVR.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(16 Jul 2020, 6:35 pm)Michael wrote 6001 is now in "Go North East" Livery - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/50...13/in/feed - Photo by Stealth: 5307, 5332

I still wonder if 6 of the ex Consett B9's will go on the Crusader so they're all from 2012 or the brand has been dropped.
I thought the Consett B9s were earmarked for the Loop?

I wouldn't imagine they'll be too bothered about age commonality. More likely to focus on keeping fleet numbers in sync and handling characteristics similar - the majority of Washington's B9s are fairly flat with a few exceptions so I'd imagine they'll keep them together.

(16 Jul 2020, 10:45 pm)6049 wrote I thought the Consett B9s were earmarked for the Loop?

Not all 13 though Tongue

Sure its 14 PVR for the 26/27?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Jul 2020, 9:27 pm)L469 YVK wrote You dropping us a hint there? Is that why the X84 & X85 received E400MMCs for "fleet commonality" at Hexham?
Not at all, just a common sense approach. Also it has been rumoured that the Ten will receive some sort of upgrade, whether that's refurb or new buses, who knows...

(16 Jul 2020, 10:45 pm)6049 wrote Isn't the PVR for the 27 less than the X1? If that's the case, 6001 could be going as spare with the remainder in a "new" Crusader livery - maybe with 6050 filling the same role unless that's going to form part of the PVR.

I thought the Consett B9s were earmarked for the Loop?

I wouldn't imagine they'll be too bothered about age commonality. More likely to focus on keeping fleet numbers in sync and handling characteristics similar - the majority of Washington's B9s are fairly flat with a few exceptions so I'd imagine they'll keep them together.

Dont forget, red arrow B9s are low spec, with only wifi and NSA. Think PVR is 13/14
Site Administrator
X-lines StreetDeck 6331 is the first example to receive a partial repaint, into two-tone light green for the X45/6/7.
Site Administrator
(18 Jul 2020, 11:50 am)ne14ne1 wrote Smart, although I kinda wish the advert frames were moved  back so the logo could be placed above the drivers cab for consistency.

They can’t be moved back. The “hole” is visible on the left hand side of the advert frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18 Jul 2020, 9:49 am)Dan wrote X-lines StreetDeck 6331 is the first example to receive a partial repaint, into two-tone light green for the X45/6/7.
Is it not a bit soon for that unless the StreetDecks are coming sooner than we expected?
Have the cove vinyls been changed over yet or is that a last minute job

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(18 Jul 2020, 12:11 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Is it not a bit soon for that unless the StreetDecks are coming sooner than we expected?

Perhaps, but it gets rid of any reference to the X21's short lived 15 minute frequency between Durham and Newcastle.
Site Administrator
(18 Jul 2020, 12:11 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Is it not a bit soon for that unless the StreetDecks are coming sooner than we expected?

Not at all.

Sooner the StreetDecks land at Consett, sooner the Volvo B9s can go to Riverside, sooner the Volvo B5s can go to Chester-le-Street.

The aim of the game here is improving reliability. No time like the present.

(18 Jul 2020, 1:01 pm)Dan wrote Not at all.

Sooner the StreetDecks land at Consett, sooner the Volvo B9s can go to Riverside, sooner the Volvo B5s can go to Chester-le-Street.

The aim of the game here is improving reliability. No time like the present.

When are the coaches coming up?
Are they not the next piece needed for the puzzle?
The B5s can't go onto the X21 until they're here, so the X21 StreetDecks can't move.

To me, it would make more sense to start the repaints on the B5s for the X21 rather than changing the colours on vehicles that are already X-lines

Speaking of, will it be a gradual switch over to the B5s on the X21 or will everything happen overnight?
Site Administrator
(18 Jul 2020, 1:32 pm)streetdeckfan wrote When are the coaches coming up?
Are they not the next piece needed for the puzzle?
The B5s can't go onto the X21 until they're here, so the X21 StreetDecks can't move.

To me, it would make more sense to start the repaints on the B5s for the X21 rather than changing the colours on vehicles that are already X-lines

Speaking of, will it be a gradual switch over to the B5s on the X21 or will everything happen overnight?

Why wait for the coaches to come?

(18 Jul 2020, 1:33 pm)Dan wrote Why wait for the coaches to come?

I'm not saying wait for them, I was just thinking that the change from the blue to green X-Lines is 'relatively' easy, but the full repaints of the B5s will take some time.
And until the B5s are on the X21 the StreetDecks can't get released. 

It just doesn't make sense to me the order that it's being done, then again I'm sure everything is planned out, and it's a pretty big puzzle that requires everything to arrive on time to work!
The way I read Dan's comment (and I could be wrong) is that streetdecks will move to Consett soon, B5's onto X21, maybe even in Dark Blue until repaint , then B9's temporarily onto X9/10 till coaches come.
(18 Jul 2020, 2:31 pm)Olympian3521 wrote The way I read Dan's comment (and I could be wrong) is that streetdecks will move to Consett soon, B5's onto X21, maybe even in Dark Blue until repaint , then B9's temporarily onto X9/10 till coaches come.
That's how I read it aswell.
(18 Jul 2020, 2:31 pm)Olympian3521 wrote The way I read Dan's comment (and I could be wrong) is that streetdecks will move to Consett soon, B5's onto X21, maybe even in Dark Blue until repaint , then B9's temporarily onto X9/10 till coaches come.

Makes sense really, then they can launch the X-Lines route which will make more money with the new buses together rather than having a mismatch to keep the obsessed about X21 with the correct branding.
6311 hasn't been out since 13th july...same time as 6331, perhaps first B5 to be repainted ready for swap?
(20 Jul 2020, 11:07 am)JP6004 wrote 6311 hasn't been out since 13th july...same time as 6331, perhaps first B5 to be repainted ready for swap?
Possibly a 3 way swap with a B9 from Consett? Would make sense if they were to do it that way, a repainted streetdeck to Consett, a repainted B5 onto X21 and a B9 onto X9/10 all at the same time. Wonder if that will be the way forward?
(20 Jul 2020, 1:31 pm)Olympian3521 wrote Possibly a 3 way swap with a B9 from Consett? Would make sense if they were to do it that way, a repainted streetdeck to Consett, a repainted B5 onto X21 and a B9 onto X9/10 all at the same time. Wonder if that will be the way forward?
Certainly looks like that may be the way. Although not sure how X9/X10 passengers will feel with the B9s. Although tbf they'll be used to the spares constantly running!

(20 Jul 2020, 1:49 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Certainly looks like that may be the way. Although not sure how X9/X10 passengers will feel with the B9s. Although tbf they'll be used to the spares constantly running!

I wonder, if that is the plan, if the red kite B9's will be the first to go on X9/10 (could explain the attempt at partial debranding) or whether the ex London ones will go to riverside and the new to GNE B9's will go on X9/10 and the ex London step into their normal routes?
Ne1892
Unregistered
The first Streetdeck for the X45/46/47 is in the yard at Hownsgill. The green is a lot brighter than the X30 and the red kite remains!
(20 Jul 2020, 3:59 pm)Ne1892 wrote The first Streetdeck for the X45/46/47 is in the yard at Hownsgill. The green is a lot brighter than the X30 and the red kite remains!

On the old xlines map, there’s 3 different green variations for the (x45/x46/x47) (x70/x71) (x30/x31)