You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints
(24 Oct 2020, 2:29 pm)glen wrote Thanks for info mate and I seen a photo of 27245 at Sunderland depot yesterday mate as well
no worries mate and yea i reckon one of our mmcs are next after 27245
Youngymmv
(24 Oct 2020, 2:32 pm)Dyllan7817 wrote no worries mate and yea i reckon one of our mmcs are next after 27245
Think there repainting in order of when due and prioritising removal of branded vehicles. Might be little time before we see any of the MMC in paint shop other than the plain white ones. South Shields & Stockton e300 connect the dots vehicles seam to be the priority after the branded economics at Sunderland have been finished. Gas buses would be on list but not sure they know which way would suit. Kind regards
I saw a BBC branded bus in Sunderland Depot today - double decker, passing doing a ?‍♂️ run. Is it here for a paint job or maintenance?

That should say ‘run’ . Emoji error !!
RE: Youngymmv
(24 Oct 2020, 7:03 pm)Youngymmv wrote Think there repainting in order of when due and prioritising removal of branded vehicles. Might be little time before we see any of the MMC in paint shop other than the plain white ones. South Shields & Stockton e300 connect the dots vehicles seam to be the priority after the branded economics at Sunderland have been finished. Gas buses would be on list but not sure they know which way would suit. Kind regards

Definitely not doing them in the order they were due - many of Sunderland's E300s had only very recently received fresh repaints to th eold corporate livery toremove the Es branding.
(24 Oct 2020, 8:17 pm)Economic505 wrote I saw a BBC branded bus in Sunderland Depot today - double decker, passing doing a ?‍♂️ run. Is it here for a paint job or maintenance?

That should say ‘run’ . Emoji  error !!
most likely maintenance but stagecoach Sunderland's e400 (19643 SP06DSU) is in the paint shop for local livery
How come 27170 have not change in New colour on stagecoach on teesside buses time it sill in old colour on stagecoach on teesside buses time.
(26 Oct 2020, 1:09 am)glen wrote How come 27170 have not change in New colour on stagecoach on teesside buses time it sill in old colour on stagecoach on teesside buses time.

the edit is pending I think the moderator team hasn't accepted the pending edit yet its happened a few times when 27242,43,50 got the local livery it took a few days to come through
(24 Oct 2020, 8:17 pm)Economic505 wrote I saw a BBC branded bus in Sunderland Depot today - double decker, passing doing a ?‍♂️ run. Is it here for a paint job or maintenance?

That should say ‘run’ . Emoji  error !!

One of the SP60 ??? E400's carries a promotional livery pink livery for Little Mix on BBC Sounds based at Wheatsheaf, 19388 and another Newcastle based E400 also carry the same advert.
(30 Oct 2020, 11:23 pm)Malarkey wrote One of the SP60 ??? E400's carries a promotional livery pink livery for Little Mix on BBC Sounds based at Wheatsheaf, 19388 and another Newcastle based E400 also carry the same advert.
19433, 19644 & 19388 carry that livery with stagecoach North East in addition to 7506 at arriva
Saying on stagecoach on Teesside buses times 26280 and 27253 have being repainted local livery.
Hi glen I wouldn’t take that as gospel as anyone can submit a change on there even incorrect info. I noted that 37304 had disappeared from there last month from South Shields listed vehicles. Turned out someone had edited the vehicles info to state it was a Lancashire based bus (which it wasn’t) of course I had it amended and sure enough within a few hours it was back in the correct area. Hope this info helps

Kind regards
Sunderland based 19643 has been repainted into local livery (Nov 2020)  although I thought it should have gotten the long distance livery as it takes the passengers outside the place they live.
(12 Nov 2020, 12:41 pm)logidoodah wrote Sunderland based 19643 has been repainted into local livery (Nov 2020)  although I thought it should have gotten the long distance livery as it takes the passengers outside the place they live.
It could’ve but for the north east there’s only 2 services with a PVR of 6 that would count as long distance so there isn’t much sense having a small sub fleet. Also long distance vehicles tend to be a higher spec which the X34 batch of 4 E400s aren’t.
Sunderland ADL E300 27726 has returned to service following repaint.

Hartlepool ADL E200 36086 and Stockton ADL E300 27164 are currently at Sunderland Depot according to Bus Times (presumably for repaint).
It looks like Gas Bus 28003 could be getting a repaint? For the past few days it has been tracking over the paint shop area of the depot. It is (or now was) still in the "it's a gas" livery.

It will be interesting to see how the new local livery will look on the Gas Buses, taking the pod on the roof into account.
(18 Nov 2020, 6:39 pm)AIG20 wrote It looks like Gas Bus 28003 could be getting a repaint? For the past few days it has been tracking over the paint shop area of the depot. It is (or now was) still in the "it's a gas" livery.

It will be interesting to see how the new local livery will look on the Gas Buses, taking the pod on the roof into account.

Still tracking in the depot, at the paint shop, according to bustimes.org, it seems to be taking a while to get it repainted.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Nov 2020, 3:20 pm)Michael wrote Still tracking in the depot, at the paint shop,  according to bustimes.org, it seems to be taking a while to get it repainted.

Looks like it only went into the paint shop on Thursday afternoon. Will have been getting prepped before that in the end bay. No doubt it will take longer with it being the first one to be done
(12 Nov 2020, 6:09 pm)NewcastleOne wrote It could’ve but for the north east there’s only 2 services with a PVR of 6 that would count as long distance so there isn’t much sense having a small sub fleet. Also long distance vehicles tend to be a higher spec which the X34 batch of 4 E400s aren’t.
Yeah, good point. It would be good if they did though. This also means that the deckers can be used on other "local" routes in sunderland and not subject to the limited days and times of X24/X34 (Mon - Sat)

(18 Nov 2020, 6:39 pm)AIG20 wrote It looks like Gas Bus 28003 could be getting a repaint? For the past few days it has been tracking over the paint shop area of the depot. It is (or now was) still in the "it's a gas" livery.

Wonder how they will slightly change it for the E300 Gas buses, Probably getting the local repaint?

(10 Nov 2020, 2:15 pm)glen wrote Saying on stagecoach on Teesside buses times 26280 and 27253 have being repainted local livery.
I'm pretty sure that Stagecoach North East have no Enviro 200MMC's repainted. I think it is because if you look at the enviro 200MMC nationally for stagecoach it has the most variations, so probably why they haven't repainted any yet. Correct me if I am wrong
One of first vehicles in uk to receive the new livery was an e200 mmc possibly Sheffield/Doncaster area. It’s just an incorrect edit Log on bustimes. I think the fact that that teesides are still nigh on brand new and had sub branding added may suggest they could be one of the last batches to be repainted.
(24 Nov 2020, 4:18 pm)Youngymmv wrote One of first vehicles in uk to receive the new livery was an e200 mmc possibly Sheffield/Doncaster area. It’s just an incorrect edit Log on bustimes. I think the fact that that teesides are still nigh on brand new and had sub branding added may suggest they could be one of the last batches to be repainted.
You are correct Stagecoach tend to repaint their fleet on a 3-4 year cycle and with these being brand new they’ll be at the back of the queue to be done!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect