You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints
Sunderland ADL E300 27740 is now in the new livery.

Just 27733, 35 & 38 left to be done of the Sunderland ADL E300s.
(07 Dec 2020, 7:25 pm)Malarkey wrote 22348 has been repainted into the new livery - https://www.flickr.com/photos/189134926@...7200702623

Quite surprised given there age now Stagecoach North East have decided to repaint any of the ALX300's into the new livery, guessing these are not going anywhere anytime soon then.

Its quite funny they went to the bother of painting a black light surround. I know thats spec'd on liveries for MMCs, but did they really need to for ALXs which don't have a light surround panel like MMCs.

[Image: 50695094936_5a295f64d3_h.jpg]Stagecoach North East MAN 18.220 Alexander ALX300 NK55 AKG seen here after receiving its new livery by Micheal Parker, on Flickr

[Image: 50691952601_a1a0847ff4_h.jpg]Stagecoach Slatyford 22348 in the new livery painted by Stagecoach wheatsheaf Sunderland. Thank you to Lee Armstrong (driver at slatyford) for the photos by Harry Barker, on Flickr
(08 Dec 2020, 6:53 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Its quite funny they went to the bother of painting a black light surround. I know thats spec'd on liveries for MMCs, but did they really need to for ALXs which don't have a light surround panel like MMCs.

[Image: 50695094936_5a295f64d3_h.jpg]Stagecoach North East MAN 18.220 Alexander ALX300 NK55 AKG seen here after receiving its new livery by Micheal Parker, on Flickr

[Image: 50691952601_a1a0847ff4_h.jpg]Stagecoach Slatyford 22348 in the new livery painted by Stagecoach wheatsheaf Sunderland. Thank you to Lee Armstrong (driver at slatyford) for the photos by Harry Barker, on Flickr

Personally, I think it looks much better with the black 'light surround'. I mean, they're still absolutely hideous but at least they look a bit less gormless
Ne14ne1
(08 Dec 2020, 7:44 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Personally, I think it looks much better with the black 'light surround'. I mean, they're still absolutely hideous but at least they look a bit less gormless

The front looks like it has eye liner or eye lashes on.
Sunderland ADL E300 27738 has been repainted. However, the headlight surrounds and front panel (where the front fleet number is positioned) have been painted blue.
(16 Jan 2021, 11:26 am)AIG20 wrote Sunderland ADL E300 27738 has been repainted. However, the headlight surrounds and front panel (where the front fleet number is positioned) have been painted blue.

The new national standard livery as head office don't like the black headlight surrounds.
(16 Jan 2021, 4:49 pm)pbjd wrote The new national standard livery as head office don't like the black headlight surrounds.

I agree with the head office. 27738 looks better than the others that have already been repainted, in my opinion. I assume the others may have to be adjusted at some point.
(16 Jan 2021, 4:49 pm)pbjd wrote The new national standard livery as head office don't like the black headlight surrounds.

(16 Jan 2021, 7:05 pm)AIG20 wrote I agree with the head office. 27738 looks better than the others that have already been repainted, in my opinion. I assume the others may have to be adjusted at some point.

They wouldn't have this problem nationally if they had been clear from the start about the colour scheme.     Confused
Is 27167 has been reprinted to New colour it say on stagecoach on Teesside buses times is it 27168 want been done is it right.
(23 Jan 2021, 8:47 pm)glen wrote Is 27167 has been reprinted to New colour it say on stagecoach on Teesside buses times is it 27168 want been done is it right.

I am struggling to make out what you mean? Are you asking if 27168 is done correctly and has 27167 been repainted to the same?
I mate that want I am saying it was 27168 it was on stagecoach on Teesside buses times table and new colour next to it.
Both are done - 27168 was done and back in service on the 13th, 27167 (the first done to the HQ-demanded blue headlights) was back in service on the 22nd

.jpg SOT-27168.JPG
Im not sure what to make of the livery now,, i liked the black around the lights,it broke the front end up,but on certain bus models, whilst this version looks good on most of the buses,but the blue on the front end looks a bit much,it also makes the bus look like it has a beard
Kind Regards
Tez
Walkergate ADL E400 19388 has recently been repainted into the new livery.

Also it appears that the Sunderland ADL E300s that have already been repainted are getting the headlight surrounds and front panel painted blue to match the approved local livery.
(01 Feb 2021, 6:40 pm)AIG20 wrote Walkergate ADL E400 19388 has recently been repainted into the new livery.

Also it appears that the Sunderland ADL E300s that have already been repainted are getting the headlight surrounds and front panel painted blue to match the approved local livery.

Looks like South Shields based Enviro 200 37313 has been done as well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189582233@...898409032/
(01 Feb 2021, 7:00 pm)logidoodah wrote Looks like South Shields based Enviro 200 37313 has been done as well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189582233@...898409032/
Those blue light surrounds/bottom front definitely look good especially on the E200s/300s don't imagine it looking too bad on the E400s either (although not as good as a single decker) I'd also imagine the ALX300s would suit that front .
Hi been reading stagecoach on Teesside buses time that buses 27167'168 have been done but hasn't come on buses time table yet of new colours
I think the black light surrounds looked more modern on the enviros and I’m disappointed they’ve decided to change them. I hope to god they aren’t going to paint the MMCs light surrounds too.
(05 Feb 2021, 9:37 pm)glen wrote Hi been reading stagecoach  on Teesside buses time that buses 27167'168 have been done but hasn't come on buses time table yet of new colours

BusTimes.org depends on people sending in updates for information such as that - you could always submit an update yourself   Smile

That way of doing things has its advantages and disadvantages.  As you've noted, sometimes information doesn't get updated in a timely manner because no-one's actually reported the change to the site.  However, there have been cases of misinformation being provided to the site, which then gets uploaded as fact and needs to be corrected; whether accidental, deliberate or sometime just enthusiast froth, it results in the data being less useful to those making reference to it.