You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - Recent Repaints

Go North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints
(08 Jan 2021, 6:18 pm)N1cholas wrote 6090 Has been spotted (busesnortheast facebook page) upon return from bus & coach world and is at saltmedows in its very nice base colours before being branded for the newly branded CityRider 56, hopefully the rest of the first batch are due back too and it wont be too long before they return to service

Photo by Ryan James Lawrence from the busesnortheast facebook page
.jpg 56.jpg
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Jan 2021, 6:58 pm)Michael wrote Photo by Ryan James Lawrence from the busesnortheast facebook page

When the ex-X1 branded B9's had their re-paint, there were comments about missing a bit of the red paint.
With this one, I'm guessing they splodged a bit of spare X1 red on the radiator cover by mistake.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan has confirmed that 6001/49/50 will fill the void on the 26/27 after someome asked about the missing branded ones... sure it was also asked on here before?

6049/6050 on loan to Deptford to cover the 56, hence the Toonlink B9's allocated atm.
.jpg 20210109_193302.jpg
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jan 2021, 7:36 pm)Michael wrote Dan has confirmed that 6001/49/50 will fill the void on the 26/27 after someome asked about the missing branded ones... sure it was also asked on here before?

6049/6050 on loan to Deptford to cover the 56, hence the Toonlink B9's allocated atm.
Will 6050 be re trimmed.
(13 Jan 2021, 3:07 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Had this white omnicity been repainted ready for sale?
https://flic.kr/p/2krPVgg

Repainted white at East Yorkshire for use in their training fleet. No longer required there so returned to GNE for temporary use in their own training fleet prior to disposal.
Ne14ne1
(13 Jan 2021, 3:09 pm)S813 FVK wrote Repainted white at East Yorkshire for use in their training fleet. No longer required there so returned to GNE for temporary use in their own training fleet prior to disposal.

Cheers.
Certainly looks better and probably more sellable in white than the tacky Toonlink livery
RE: Ne14ne1
(13 Jan 2021, 3:28 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Cheers.
Certainly looks better and probably more sellable in white than the tacky Toonlink livery
Bit of a throwback to the days of white spares!
RE: Ne14ne1
(13 Jan 2021, 3:28 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Cheers.

Can imagine the only place they're going is the scrap yard ngl, expensive things to run and parts are getting hard to get.
According to a post on one of the East Yorkshire groups, they are apparently rotten underneath. No doubt due to the high amount of Salt used on the roads in the area, the Red Kite batch probably had the worst of it operating up to Consett where it snows in June Tongue.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(13 Jan 2021, 7:32 pm)Rapidsnap wrote According to a post on one of the East Yorkshire groups, they are apparently rotten underneath. No doubt due to the high amount of Salt used on the roads in the area, the Red Kite batch probably had the worst of it operating up to Consett where it snows in June Tongue.

Mercs are apparently rotten too. 
But yer kna, one can be converted to euro6, the other can't (except it can) and despite the expense of shipping up donors from London - they've managed to blag funding...
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(08 Jan 2021, 6:18 pm)N1cholas wrote 6090 Has been spotted (busesnortheast facebook page) upon return from bus & coach world and is at saltmedows in its very nice base colours before being branded for the newly branded CityRider 56, hopefully the rest of the first batch are due back too and it wont be too long before they return to service

Has anymore of the ex FAB 56 branded B9's arrived back yet?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Jan 2021, 7:45 pm)deanmachine wrote 6087 is back in service in fleet livery.

Thank you for the update Smile
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
So will that then mean 6088-98 will be branded CitiRider?

What could GNE then do with 6084-86 other than from making up the numbers at Consett?

Floats will no doubt be needed for when the TVT B9TLs get their treatment (if that's still the case) as well as the Coaster B5LH's.

Consett have just about enough to cover the XLines network albeit with no spares and the likelihood is that GNE will need to see travel patterns post COVID before giving anymore buses the "XLines" Treatment. Don't know how much a deep refurbishment & repait would cost but by the time GNE see travel patterns, they might be in a position to buy a "handful" of new deckers to make up the numbers if justified.
(15 Jan 2021, 8:25 pm)L469 YVK wrote So will that then mean 6088-98 being part of CitiRider?

What could GNE then do with 6084-86 other than from making up the numbers at Consett?

Spares will no doubt be needed for when the TVT B9TLs get their treatment (if that's still the case) as well as the Coaster B5LH's.

I got to say, I love it how you always seem to get Consett into the convo somehow, I got to give you credit for that like  Big Grin
(15 Jan 2021, 8:30 pm)citaro5284 wrote I got to say, I love it how you always seem to get Consett into the convo somehow, I got to give you credit for that like  Big Grin

Starting to get very repetitive now though....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Jan 2021, 8:42 pm)Michael wrote Starting to get very repetitive now though....

Nah, all quite funny and in good humour.
It gives me a laugh  Tongue
(15 Jan 2021, 8:25 pm)L469 YVK wrote So will that then mean 6088-98 will be branded CitiRider?

What could GNE then do with 6084-86
other than from making up the numbers at Consett?

Floats will no doubt be needed for when the TVT B9TLs get their treatment (if that's still the case) as well as the Coaster B5LH's.

Consett have just about enough to cover the XLines network albeit with no spares and the likelihood is that GNE will need to see travel patterns post COVID before giving anymore buses the "XLines" Treatment. Don't know how much a deep refurbishment & repait would cost but by the time GNE see travel patterns, they might be in a position to buy a "handful" of new deckers to make up the numbers if justified.

At least 2 spares will be needed at Deptford for the 56 though... to keep the spares the same.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Jan 2021, 8:42 pm)Michael wrote Starting to get very repetitive now though....
Well come on, at least I'm being a bit pragmatic rather than instantly assuming that Consett will get refurbished B9TLs. Just looking at the bigger picture too with other refurbs, projects etc

(15 Jan 2021, 8:50 pm)Michael wrote At least 2 spares will be needed at Deptford for the 56 though... to keep the spares the same.
1x should do with a PVR of 11x.
(13 Jan 2021, 10:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote Mercs are apparently rotten too. 
But yer kna, one can be converted to euro6, the other can't (except it can) and despite the expense of shipping up donors from London - they've managed to blag funding...
We're a Toyota household and the only one to die on us, so far, went underneath.
Actually.................I've got a good guess what might happen to 6084-86.

Given that the TVT PVR is 16x, 3x buses are made up of the ex X9/X10 B9TLs. Taking into account:

- They're 310BHP = Likely more heavy on fuel
- Hard life = 5x years on X9/X10 & time on the TVT

They could end up replacing the ex X9/X10 B9TLs and also provide a uniform fleet number (6071-86).

That will then leave:
- 6x ex X9/X10 B9TL spare
- 3x ex Red Arrow B9TL spare

With 6377 standing in for the X9/X10 coaches, the Crusader & Tyne Valley Ten (Total PVR of 27x) would then be covered by 6001, 6049, 6050 with perhaps 6099 also thrown in with that no longer being needed since Jan 2020.

6043-48 could then move to Chester Le Street for the 25 and whatever ex London B9TLs out of 6149-61 are free after upgrading the 93/94, they could then replace older OmniDekkas and B7TLs.
(15 Jan 2021, 10:36 pm)GNE6312 wrote Will 6086 be kept in poppy livery?

It should be.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Jan 2021, 12:01 am)L469 YVK wrote Actually.................I've got a good guess what might happen to 6084-86.

Given that the TVT PVR is 16x, 3x buses are made up of the ex X9/X10 B9TLs. Taking into account:

- They're 310BHP = Likely more heavy on fuel
- Hard life = 5x years on X9/X10 & time on the TVT

They could end up replacing the ex X9/X10 B9TLs and also provide a uniform fleet number (6071-86).

That will then leave:
- 6x ex X9/X10 B9TL spare
- 3x ex Red Arrow B9TL spare

With 6377 standing in for the X9/X10 coaches, the Crusader & Tyne Valley Ten (Total PVR of 27x) would then be covered by 6001, 6049, 6050 with perhaps 6099 also thrown in with that no longer being needed since Jan 2020.

6043-48 could then move to Chester Le Street for the 25 and whatever ex London B9TLs out of 6149-61 are free after upgrading the 93/94, they could then replace older OmniDekkas and B7TLs.

You should look at ways to get arid of the Citaros at Riverside, Omnicities / 09 Versa's at CLS and DFDS Deckers instead as somehow them and Red Kite Streetlites will be replacing them one way or another since GNE won't be getting any new buses before the LEZ comes in rather than focusing on Consett all the time.
Ne14ne1
(20 Jan 2021, 1:47 pm)logidoodah wrote I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I don't think the red and orange go together. I prefer the Fab brand, even though it has had its time.

I hated the dated hippy Fab brand so City Rider is an improvement, but I do think the red and orange are a bit clashy. 
I wished the black route info bar was right butt up against the bottom of the windows too like on the Cobalts. Not sure why they decided to leave a little gap on the City Riders and Crusaders.
(20 Jan 2021, 1:52 pm)ne14ne1 wrote I hated the dated hippy Fab brand so City Rider is an improvement, but I do think the red and orange are a bit clashy. 
I wished the black route info bar was right butt up against the bottom of the windows too like on the Cobalts. Not sure why they decided to leave a little gap on the City Riders and Crusaders.

Yeah I agree, 
So I'm guessing on the new liveries are mostly going to have red at the back and their individual colours i.e Crusader/CityRider and probably more to come. Except for the Cobalt&Coast, Xlines, Voltra, Quaycity, and the new version of Indigo. Or is it just a coincedence, as if it is I definately wouldn't have put the orange and red together.