Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 157 58 59150 Next
Storx

13 Feb 2021, 9:29 pm #1,141
(13 Feb 2021, 8:44 pm)MichealAaron I think the 42/42A should be rebranded to something like Little Shopper or MetroLink

tbh can't really see the Metrolink working, I know it passes a lot of Metro stations but at every point of the route there's a more frequent Arriva or Stagecoach services to do the same purpose.

Killingworth, 62 / 63 / 52 / 54
Cramlington, All the X's (excluding X8) / 57
Dinnington, 44 / 45
Seaton Burn / Dudley, 43
Burradon, 52
Woolsingham, X77 / X78

If you pulled the 42A out of the 42/42A which would be difficult, the thing that stands out branding wise would be the airport but tbh they should just be unbranded imo it's mostly an hourly service and doesn't really interwork with anything else and is a bit of a weird route really as it ideally it should be ran by Arriva or Stagecoach and sticks out like a sore thumb due to it's frequency and not really serving anywhere of note that isn't already served.
Storx
13 Feb 2021, 9:29 pm #1,141

(13 Feb 2021, 8:44 pm)MichealAaron I think the 42/42A should be rebranded to something like Little Shopper or MetroLink

tbh can't really see the Metrolink working, I know it passes a lot of Metro stations but at every point of the route there's a more frequent Arriva or Stagecoach services to do the same purpose.

Killingworth, 62 / 63 / 52 / 54
Cramlington, All the X's (excluding X8) / 57
Dinnington, 44 / 45
Seaton Burn / Dudley, 43
Burradon, 52
Woolsingham, X77 / X78

If you pulled the 42A out of the 42/42A which would be difficult, the thing that stands out branding wise would be the airport but tbh they should just be unbranded imo it's mostly an hourly service and doesn't really interwork with anything else and is a bit of a weird route really as it ideally it should be ran by Arriva or Stagecoach and sticks out like a sore thumb due to it's frequency and not really serving anywhere of note that isn't already served.

13 Feb 2021, 11:29 pm #1,142
42A has been the same route since it was the 350/351/101 ran by Arriva. 353 then got introduced and just ran between Kingston Park and Four Lane Ends. The 353 stopped serving the airport until the 42A was introduced and stopped serving Four Lane Ends then back in March 2020 it was re route to serve Four Lane Ends. My opinion. Just withdraw the route all together and make a new one. Maybe Arriva 45 or 44 to run to Airport and sometimes service the airport and Kingston Park. Just my opinion

Plus if a metro fault happens between Airport and Kingston Park. You have the 42A and thats it. Its once and hour which isn't the best thing. Making it every 15 mins would make it easier
Edited 13 Feb 2021, 11:31 pm by MichealAaron.
MichealAaron
13 Feb 2021, 11:29 pm #1,142

42A has been the same route since it was the 350/351/101 ran by Arriva. 353 then got introduced and just ran between Kingston Park and Four Lane Ends. The 353 stopped serving the airport until the 42A was introduced and stopped serving Four Lane Ends then back in March 2020 it was re route to serve Four Lane Ends. My opinion. Just withdraw the route all together and make a new one. Maybe Arriva 45 or 44 to run to Airport and sometimes service the airport and Kingston Park. Just my opinion

Plus if a metro fault happens between Airport and Kingston Park. You have the 42A and thats it. Its once and hour which isn't the best thing. Making it every 15 mins would make it easier

L469 YVK

09 Mar 2021, 9:42 pm #1,143
First time I've had a go at creating a suggestion timetable since the Cobalt & Coast services were revised back in January 2020. Will upload the further details including boards etc another time. Obviously this is a "recovery" timetable based on when things hopefully return to normal.

Bonus points for anyone who can work out the miscellaneous workings (except the one I've mentioned further down!)

Key points:
* More early morning 309 journeys to Newcastle.
* More early morning 310 & 311 journeys from Hadrian Park to Newcastle.
* Change of interworking pattern (309 & 311 - 310  runs standalone).
* Some early morning, most evening and all Sunday 310 journeys via Hadrian Park - no evening or Sunday 311 service.
* Frequent evening service until 9pm Mondays to Saturdays with a half hourly service from then until after 11.30pm.
* Last 309 from Newcastle to Blyth at 11.08pm Mondays to Saturdays.
* Last 310 from Newcastle to North Shields at 11.33pm Mondays to Saturdays.
* Sunday 309 re-timed to improve reliability and will run standalone.
* Sunday frequency between Battle Hill and Newcastle reduced from every 10 minutes to every 15 minutes.
* 1x Sunday 310 board operated by Riverside depot.
L469 YVK
09 Mar 2021, 9:42 pm #1,143

First time I've had a go at creating a suggestion timetable since the Cobalt & Coast services were revised back in January 2020. Will upload the further details including boards etc another time. Obviously this is a "recovery" timetable based on when things hopefully return to normal.

Bonus points for anyone who can work out the miscellaneous workings (except the one I've mentioned further down!)

Key points:
* More early morning 309 journeys to Newcastle.
* More early morning 310 & 311 journeys from Hadrian Park to Newcastle.
* Change of interworking pattern (309 & 311 - 310  runs standalone).
* Some early morning, most evening and all Sunday 310 journeys via Hadrian Park - no evening or Sunday 311 service.
* Frequent evening service until 9pm Mondays to Saturdays with a half hourly service from then until after 11.30pm.
* Last 309 from Newcastle to Blyth at 11.08pm Mondays to Saturdays.
* Last 310 from Newcastle to North Shields at 11.33pm Mondays to Saturdays.
* Sunday 309 re-timed to improve reliability and will run standalone.
* Sunday frequency between Battle Hill and Newcastle reduced from every 10 minutes to every 15 minutes.
* 1x Sunday 310 board operated by Riverside depot.

09 Mar 2021, 9:47 pm #1,144
So when the Itv Tyne tees posted about the Money for future of the ne transport network. Someone's comments saying GNE need to sort out the North Tyneside network. I love GNE but the North Tyneside network is awful. The Little Coaster Network needs looking at. Maybe doing something with the 1A and 1B and the 309/310/311
MichealAaron
09 Mar 2021, 9:47 pm #1,144

So when the Itv Tyne tees posted about the Money for future of the ne transport network. Someone's comments saying GNE need to sort out the North Tyneside network. I love GNE but the North Tyneside network is awful. The Little Coaster Network needs looking at. Maybe doing something with the 1A and 1B and the 309/310/311

L469 YVK

09 Mar 2021, 9:49 pm #1,145
(09 Mar 2021, 9:47 pm)MichealAaron So when the Itv Tyne tees posted about the Money for future of the ne transport network. Someone's comments saying GNE need to sort out the North Tyneside network. I love GNE but the North Tyneside network is awful. The Little Coaster Network needs looking at. Maybe doing something with the 1A and 1B and the 309/310/311
Depending on Arriva's response, some of the changes in the suggestion timetable would be cash cows for GNE if marketed correctly.
L469 YVK
09 Mar 2021, 9:49 pm #1,145

(09 Mar 2021, 9:47 pm)MichealAaron So when the Itv Tyne tees posted about the Money for future of the ne transport network. Someone's comments saying GNE need to sort out the North Tyneside network. I love GNE but the North Tyneside network is awful. The Little Coaster Network needs looking at. Maybe doing something with the 1A and 1B and the 309/310/311
Depending on Arriva's response, some of the changes in the suggestion timetable would be cash cows for GNE if marketed correctly.

09 Mar 2021, 11:01 pm #1,146
(09 Mar 2021, 9:49 pm)L469 YVK Depending on Arriva's response, some of the changes in the suggestion timetable would be cash cows for GNE if marketed correctly.
I think Arriva should hand GNE the 51/51A contract and just sort the rest of the network as well  the North Tyneside fell apart in March 2020
MichealAaron
09 Mar 2021, 11:01 pm #1,146

(09 Mar 2021, 9:49 pm)L469 YVK Depending on Arriva's response, some of the changes in the suggestion timetable would be cash cows for GNE if marketed correctly.
I think Arriva should hand GNE the 51/51A contract and just sort the rest of the network as well  the North Tyneside fell apart in March 2020

10 Mar 2021, 10:37 am #1,147
(09 Mar 2021, 11:01 pm)MichealAaron I think Arriva should hand GNE the 51/51A contract and just sort the rest of the network as well  the North Tyneside fell apart in March 2020
It fell apart in 2010 when Arriva messed up the network.
ian foster
10 Mar 2021, 10:37 am #1,147

(09 Mar 2021, 11:01 pm)MichealAaron I think Arriva should hand GNE the 51/51A contract and just sort the rest of the network as well  the North Tyneside fell apart in March 2020
It fell apart in 2010 when Arriva messed up the network.

peter

10 Mar 2021, 11:38 am #1,148

The 51/51A aren't contracted though
peter
10 Mar 2021, 11:38 am #1,148

The 51/51A aren't contracted though

V514DFT

10 Mar 2021, 2:31 pm #1,149
I've had some more ideas regarding the 41
Option 1 is to swap which way it runs,so it would run via Holy Cross,Archer Street,Edward Road,Simonside Terrace,Then Coniston Road,Ridley Avenue,Tynemouth Road back to Wallsend
Or
Option 2 is as follows
Holy Cross,Archer Street,Edward Road,Simonside Terrace,Coniston Road,Ridley Avenue,Tynemouth Road,Churchill Street,Simonside Terrace,Savory Road,Archer Street,Holy Cross back to Wallsend
Or Option 3 is bin the Howdon section of the 41 which is a half hourly service, and Replace it with the 42/42A to Hadrian Park which would offer a combined Half hourly service and would operate as follows, Holy Cross, Archer Street,Edward Road (bound for Hadrian Park,Savory Road bound for Wallsend) Simonside Terrace,Churchill Street,Tynemouth Road,Ridley Avenue,Coniston Road,Hadrian Park,then return route would be the same with the exception of Edward/Savory Road

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
10 Mar 2021, 2:31 pm #1,149

I've had some more ideas regarding the 41
Option 1 is to swap which way it runs,so it would run via Holy Cross,Archer Street,Edward Road,Simonside Terrace,Then Coniston Road,Ridley Avenue,Tynemouth Road back to Wallsend
Or
Option 2 is as follows
Holy Cross,Archer Street,Edward Road,Simonside Terrace,Coniston Road,Ridley Avenue,Tynemouth Road,Churchill Street,Simonside Terrace,Savory Road,Archer Street,Holy Cross back to Wallsend
Or Option 3 is bin the Howdon section of the 41 which is a half hourly service, and Replace it with the 42/42A to Hadrian Park which would offer a combined Half hourly service and would operate as follows, Holy Cross, Archer Street,Edward Road (bound for Hadrian Park,Savory Road bound for Wallsend) Simonside Terrace,Churchill Street,Tynemouth Road,Ridley Avenue,Coniston Road,Hadrian Park,then return route would be the same with the exception of Edward/Savory Road

Kind Regards
Tez

col87

10 Mar 2021, 6:25 pm #1,150
I know Go north East have no Interest in Hartlepool or Teesside at the moment but if they did change their mind in future and wanted to expand with more services here’s a few ideas which link up with the East Yorkshire/ Scarborough and District operations on some services.

50 Hartlepool- Seaton Carew - Billingham - North Tees Hospital - Stockton - Teesside Park - Middlesbrough

18 Stillington - North Tees Hospital - Norton - Stockton - Yarm - Middlesbrough - Middleheaven ( Riverside Stadium / Middlesbrough College

19 Stillington - North Tees Hospital - Norton - Stockton - Teesside Park - Middlesbrough- Linthorpe - Coulby Newham - Parkway Centre

20 - Stockton- Yarm - Teesside Airport - Darlington - Bishop Auckland.

X 55. Hartlepool - Throston Grange - Bishop Cuthbert - Hart Village - Trimdons - Wingate - Dalton Park - A19 - Washington- A19 - Gateshead - Newcastle

X 56 Middlesbrough - Parkway Centre - Guisborough - Whitby

X 57 Peterlee - Hartlepool- Billingham - Stockton - Middlesbrough- Leeds

X 92 Stockton - Yarm - Middlesbrough- Parkway Centre - Guisborough - none stop to Whitby then none stop to Scarborough.

X 98 Parkway Centre - Middlesbrough- Stockton - Billingham - Metrocentre

X 99 Hartlepool- Peterlee - Easington Lane - Washington - Metrocentre.

Just a few ideas.
col87
10 Mar 2021, 6:25 pm #1,150

I know Go north East have no Interest in Hartlepool or Teesside at the moment but if they did change their mind in future and wanted to expand with more services here’s a few ideas which link up with the East Yorkshire/ Scarborough and District operations on some services.

50 Hartlepool- Seaton Carew - Billingham - North Tees Hospital - Stockton - Teesside Park - Middlesbrough

18 Stillington - North Tees Hospital - Norton - Stockton - Yarm - Middlesbrough - Middleheaven ( Riverside Stadium / Middlesbrough College

19 Stillington - North Tees Hospital - Norton - Stockton - Teesside Park - Middlesbrough- Linthorpe - Coulby Newham - Parkway Centre

20 - Stockton- Yarm - Teesside Airport - Darlington - Bishop Auckland.

X 55. Hartlepool - Throston Grange - Bishop Cuthbert - Hart Village - Trimdons - Wingate - Dalton Park - A19 - Washington- A19 - Gateshead - Newcastle

X 56 Middlesbrough - Parkway Centre - Guisborough - Whitby

X 57 Peterlee - Hartlepool- Billingham - Stockton - Middlesbrough- Leeds

X 92 Stockton - Yarm - Middlesbrough- Parkway Centre - Guisborough - none stop to Whitby then none stop to Scarborough.

X 98 Parkway Centre - Middlesbrough- Stockton - Billingham - Metrocentre

X 99 Hartlepool- Peterlee - Easington Lane - Washington - Metrocentre.

Just a few ideas.

Benny

10 Mar 2021, 9:57 pm #1,151
With the Post above, I'll share my route ideas for a 'Teesside and district' style depot depot.

Teesside Park Connect:
70 - Billingham Owington Farm - Billingham Town Centre - Billingham Stores - Norton Red Lion - Northshore - Stockton High Street - Teesside Park - Tollesby - Stewarts Park - Eston
71 - Ingelby Barwick Circular - Thornaby Town Centre - Teesside Park - Middlesbrough Bus Station - North Ormesby - Berwick Hills - Coulby Newham Parkway
72 - Nunthorpe - Newham Way - Hemlington - Stainton - Acklam - Teesside Park - Stockton High Street - Hartburn - Fairfield - North Tees Hospital - Tesco Extra

Main focus on giving Teesside Park some solid routes, as well as connecting areas to new places. For example allowing people from Norton go to Stewarts Park direct and people from Tollesby go to Norton High Street for a wonder. Remove the current battered Morrisons bus stop and place a new one on Newmarket Avenue (or just make a bus station out of ToysRus). These routes would also allow the X10 to serve the shopping park, with service 70 and 72 running Teesdale routes instead.

Lost Links:
67 - Thornaby - Teesside Industrial Estate - Hemlington - Coulby Newham - Nunthorpe - Skelton in Cleveland - Skelton ASDA - Saltburn
68 - North Tees Hospital - Billingham Town Centre - Low Grange - Port Clarence - Portrack - Stockton High Street
81 - Stockton High Street - Preston Park - Eaglescliffe - Yarm - Kirklevington - Stokesley - Great Ayton - Guisborough
83 - North Road - Darlington Tubwell Row - Morton Park - Sadberge -Redmarshall - Stillington - North Tees Hospital - Stockton High Street - Middlesbrough Bus Station - James Cook Hospital
86 - Saltburn - Marske - New Marske - Guisborough - Ormesby - Cleveland Retail Park - James Cook University Hospital

Linking up villages to towns they were once served whilst running some parts of the route alongside competitors to ensure stability of the routes.

Standard GNE Brand:
X19 - Hartlepool Town Centre - Cacote Road - The Fens - Wolviston Village & Court - Middlesbrough Bus Station
90/91- Tesco Extra Hardwick - Roseworth - Norton Glebe - Portrack ASDA - Stockton High Street - Fairfield - Darlington Back Lane - North Tees Hospital
92/93 - Middlesbrough Bus Station - West Lane - Acklam - BlueBell Corner - Tollesby - James Cook - Berwick Hills - Normaby - Eston - South Bank - Cargo Fleet - North Ormesby - Middlesbrough Lesiure Park - Middlesbrough Bus Station
These are to put competition on Stagecoach and Arriva as well as connect all of Norton/Stockton and most of Middlesbrough with a circular route, making a local zone ticket option more appealing and cheap. X19 puts competition on the 1/36 for quicker travel between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough but also relives apart of the old 45 which was very popular when Leven Valley were around.
Benny
10 Mar 2021, 9:57 pm #1,151

With the Post above, I'll share my route ideas for a 'Teesside and district' style depot depot.

Teesside Park Connect:
70 - Billingham Owington Farm - Billingham Town Centre - Billingham Stores - Norton Red Lion - Northshore - Stockton High Street - Teesside Park - Tollesby - Stewarts Park - Eston
71 - Ingelby Barwick Circular - Thornaby Town Centre - Teesside Park - Middlesbrough Bus Station - North Ormesby - Berwick Hills - Coulby Newham Parkway
72 - Nunthorpe - Newham Way - Hemlington - Stainton - Acklam - Teesside Park - Stockton High Street - Hartburn - Fairfield - North Tees Hospital - Tesco Extra

Main focus on giving Teesside Park some solid routes, as well as connecting areas to new places. For example allowing people from Norton go to Stewarts Park direct and people from Tollesby go to Norton High Street for a wonder. Remove the current battered Morrisons bus stop and place a new one on Newmarket Avenue (or just make a bus station out of ToysRus). These routes would also allow the X10 to serve the shopping park, with service 70 and 72 running Teesdale routes instead.

Lost Links:
67 - Thornaby - Teesside Industrial Estate - Hemlington - Coulby Newham - Nunthorpe - Skelton in Cleveland - Skelton ASDA - Saltburn
68 - North Tees Hospital - Billingham Town Centre - Low Grange - Port Clarence - Portrack - Stockton High Street
81 - Stockton High Street - Preston Park - Eaglescliffe - Yarm - Kirklevington - Stokesley - Great Ayton - Guisborough
83 - North Road - Darlington Tubwell Row - Morton Park - Sadberge -Redmarshall - Stillington - North Tees Hospital - Stockton High Street - Middlesbrough Bus Station - James Cook Hospital
86 - Saltburn - Marske - New Marske - Guisborough - Ormesby - Cleveland Retail Park - James Cook University Hospital

Linking up villages to towns they were once served whilst running some parts of the route alongside competitors to ensure stability of the routes.

Standard GNE Brand:
X19 - Hartlepool Town Centre - Cacote Road - The Fens - Wolviston Village & Court - Middlesbrough Bus Station
90/91- Tesco Extra Hardwick - Roseworth - Norton Glebe - Portrack ASDA - Stockton High Street - Fairfield - Darlington Back Lane - North Tees Hospital
92/93 - Middlesbrough Bus Station - West Lane - Acklam - BlueBell Corner - Tollesby - James Cook - Berwick Hills - Normaby - Eston - South Bank - Cargo Fleet - North Ormesby - Middlesbrough Lesiure Park - Middlesbrough Bus Station
These are to put competition on Stagecoach and Arriva as well as connect all of Norton/Stockton and most of Middlesbrough with a circular route, making a local zone ticket option more appealing and cheap. X19 puts competition on the 1/36 for quicker travel between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough but also relives apart of the old 45 which was very popular when Leven Valley were around.

col87

11 Mar 2021, 1:52 am #1,152
A few more ideas for if Go North East ever wanted to expend in Hartlepool and Teesside.

86 Hartlepool- Stockton Road - Billingham - Wolviston- Norton- Stockton - Yarm.
87 Darlington - Hartburn - Stockton- Norton- Billingham - Hartlepool.

88 Low Grange - Billingham - Wolviston - A19 - Portrack - Middlesbrough- James Cook Hospital.

30 Seaham Byron Place - Dalton Park - Easington Lane - Peterlee - Hordon - Hart Station - Hartlepool Marina ( Navigation Point ).

32 James Cook Hospital - Park End - Middlesbrough- Haverton Hill - Port Clarence Transporter Bridge

33 The Transporter shuttle. Port Clarence Haverton Hill - Middlesbrough Bus Station - Middlesbrough Train Station - Middleheaven Transporter Bridge - Riverside Stadium- Middlesbrough College.

67 Hartlepool- Ward Jackson Park - Elwick - Trimdons - Sedgefield- Ferryhill - Bishop Auckland.
68 Hartlepool- Ward Jackson Park - Elwick - Dalton Piecy - Hartlepool.

65 Stockton - North Tees Hospital- Sedgefield - Ferryhill - Bishop Auckland - Crook

Summer specials

X63 Hartlepool Headland - Hartlepool Marina - Hartlepool Centre - Oxford Road - Catcote Road - Seaton Carew - Billingham Centre - A19 - Kirkleatham Village - Redcar Town Centre - Saltburn Station Square.

X64 Billingham - Stockton- Yarm - Darlington - Then express to Redcar.

Countryside bus network
401 Flatts Lane Country park - Stewart Park - Albert Park - Middlesbrough Bus Station - Yarm - Preston Park - Stockton High Street - Hardwick - Wynyard Woodland Park - Sedgefield - Hardwick Hall country Park.
402 - Crimdon Dene Hart Station - Throston Grange - Hart Lane - Hartlepool Centre - Rift House ( for Summerhill ) - Owton Manor - A689 - Seal sands road - Cowpen Bewley Country Park - Low Grange - Billingham Centre - Billingham Beck Country park - Wolviston - Wynyard Woodland Park ( connection with 401 for Though travel to Preston park or Hardwick Hall
col87
11 Mar 2021, 1:52 am #1,152

A few more ideas for if Go North East ever wanted to expend in Hartlepool and Teesside.

86 Hartlepool- Stockton Road - Billingham - Wolviston- Norton- Stockton - Yarm.
87 Darlington - Hartburn - Stockton- Norton- Billingham - Hartlepool.

88 Low Grange - Billingham - Wolviston - A19 - Portrack - Middlesbrough- James Cook Hospital.

30 Seaham Byron Place - Dalton Park - Easington Lane - Peterlee - Hordon - Hart Station - Hartlepool Marina ( Navigation Point ).

32 James Cook Hospital - Park End - Middlesbrough- Haverton Hill - Port Clarence Transporter Bridge

33 The Transporter shuttle. Port Clarence Haverton Hill - Middlesbrough Bus Station - Middlesbrough Train Station - Middleheaven Transporter Bridge - Riverside Stadium- Middlesbrough College.

67 Hartlepool- Ward Jackson Park - Elwick - Trimdons - Sedgefield- Ferryhill - Bishop Auckland.
68 Hartlepool- Ward Jackson Park - Elwick - Dalton Piecy - Hartlepool.

65 Stockton - North Tees Hospital- Sedgefield - Ferryhill - Bishop Auckland - Crook

Summer specials

X63 Hartlepool Headland - Hartlepool Marina - Hartlepool Centre - Oxford Road - Catcote Road - Seaton Carew - Billingham Centre - A19 - Kirkleatham Village - Redcar Town Centre - Saltburn Station Square.

X64 Billingham - Stockton- Yarm - Darlington - Then express to Redcar.

Countryside bus network
401 Flatts Lane Country park - Stewart Park - Albert Park - Middlesbrough Bus Station - Yarm - Preston Park - Stockton High Street - Hardwick - Wynyard Woodland Park - Sedgefield - Hardwick Hall country Park.
402 - Crimdon Dene Hart Station - Throston Grange - Hart Lane - Hartlepool Centre - Rift House ( for Summerhill ) - Owton Manor - A689 - Seal sands road - Cowpen Bewley Country Park - Low Grange - Billingham Centre - Billingham Beck Country park - Wolviston - Wynyard Woodland Park ( connection with 401 for Though travel to Preston park or Hardwick Hall

17 Mar 2021, 2:18 pm #1,153
Would GNE ever consider maybe operating to Carlisle. i.e 685

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
17 Mar 2021, 2:18 pm #1,153

Would GNE ever consider maybe operating to Carlisle. i.e 685

24 Mar 2021, 2:48 pm #1,154
New Service 89: South Shields, The Lawe, Bents Park, Lake Avenue, Marsden, Horsley Hill, Harton Nook, Hospital, Tyne Dock, Jarrow, Hebburn, Washington Galleries (Hourly).

New Service 89A: South Shields, The Lawe, Bents Park, Lake Avenue, Marsden, Horsley Hill, Harton Nook, Hospital, Tyne Dock, Jarrow, Hebburn, Monkton Lane, Lukes Lane (Hourly).

ASX_Terranova
24 Mar 2021, 2:48 pm #1,154

New Service 89: South Shields, The Lawe, Bents Park, Lake Avenue, Marsden, Horsley Hill, Harton Nook, Hospital, Tyne Dock, Jarrow, Hebburn, Washington Galleries (Hourly).

New Service 89A: South Shields, The Lawe, Bents Park, Lake Avenue, Marsden, Horsley Hill, Harton Nook, Hospital, Tyne Dock, Jarrow, Hebburn, Monkton Lane, Lukes Lane (Hourly).

LVK 404L

24 Mar 2021, 3:14 pm #1,155
(24 Mar 2021, 2:48 pm)ASX_Terranova New Service 89: South Shields, The Lawe, Bents Park, Lake Avenue, Marsden, Horsley Hill, Harton Nook, Hospital, Tyne Dock, Jarrow, Hebburn, Washington Galleries (Hourly).

89A was the old 16 operated by yellow Darts.  Service got culled due to low usage and replaced in part by the 516 between Shields and Hospital.
LVK 404L
24 Mar 2021, 3:14 pm #1,155

(24 Mar 2021, 2:48 pm)ASX_Terranova New Service 89: South Shields, The Lawe, Bents Park, Lake Avenue, Marsden, Horsley Hill, Harton Nook, Hospital, Tyne Dock, Jarrow, Hebburn, Washington Galleries (Hourly).

89A was the old 16 operated by yellow Darts.  Service got culled due to low usage and replaced in part by the 516 between Shields and Hospital.

24 Mar 2021, 5:47 pm #1,156
(17 Mar 2021, 2:18 pm)ASX_Terranova Would GNE ever consider maybe operating to Carlisle. i.e 685
I highly doubt it. That would be pushing onto Arriva and Stagecoach Joint route they run. I think Hexham is the further Go North East should run to. A bus to Carlisle ran by GNE would be stupid in my opinion
MichealAaron
24 Mar 2021, 5:47 pm #1,156

(17 Mar 2021, 2:18 pm)ASX_Terranova Would GNE ever consider maybe operating to Carlisle. i.e 685
I highly doubt it. That would be pushing onto Arriva and Stagecoach Joint route they run. I think Hexham is the further Go North East should run to. A bus to Carlisle ran by GNE would be stupid in my opinion

25 Mar 2021, 9:45 am #1,157
Extend the 311 to Wallsend via Silverlink and Howdon. Would compete with stagecoach's 22 whilst replacing section of 41.

ASX_Terranova
25 Mar 2021, 9:45 am #1,157

Extend the 311 to Wallsend via Silverlink and Howdon. Would compete with stagecoach's 22 whilst replacing section of 41.

peter

04 Apr 2021, 5:21 pm #1,158
Service Suggestions for Peterlee:

This is based upon the assumption that the X7 will not be returning:

Service 202:
Section between Peterlee and Station Town withdrawn and replaced by service X6. Section between Easington Village and Peterlee revised, now operating via Holme Hill replacing the short journeys between Peterlee and Easington on service 208. Although this extends journey times, passengers from Easington Lane-Easington still have quicker journeys to Peterlee on service 55, while Seaham and Dalton Park have the X6. Would have around 7 minutes layover at Peterlee so no issues there.

Service 208:
Short journeys from Peterlee to Easington withdrawn and replaced by a re-routed 202.

Service X6:
Extended beyond Peterlee to Station Town in place of service 202.

These changes would free up a solo used on the short 208 journeys while also making better use of the X6 timetable which currently has long layover times due to former interworking with service X7.

Associated Fleet Changes:
673/74 remain at Deptford branded X-Lines for service X6
675-78 remain at Deptford repainted and rebranded Black Cats for the 33/38/38A
647-50 transfer to Percy Main repainted and rebranded Little Coasters
698-701 withdrawn from Percy Main
666 transfers to Deptford repainted into fleet livery for the 938
651 transfers to Chester-le-Street
722 withdrawn due to low specification interior
peter
04 Apr 2021, 5:21 pm #1,158

Service Suggestions for Peterlee:

Service 202:
Section between Peterlee and Station Town withdrawn and replaced by service X6. Section between Easington Village and Peterlee revised, now operating via Holme Hill replacing the short journeys between Peterlee and Easington on service 208. Although this extends journey times, passengers from Easington Lane-Easington still have quicker journeys to Peterlee on service 55, while Seaham and Dalton Park have the X6. Would have around 7 minutes layover at Peterlee so no issues there.

Service 208:
Short journeys from Peterlee to Easington withdrawn and replaced by a re-routed 202.

Service X6:

These changes would free up a solo used on the short 208 journeys while also making better use of the X6 timetable which currently has long layover times due to former interworking with service X7.

Associated Fleet Changes:
673/74 remain at Deptford branded X-Lines for service X6
675-78 remain at Deptford repainted and rebranded Black Cats for the 33/38/38A
647-50 transfer to Percy Main repainted and rebranded Little Coasters
698-701 withdrawn from Percy Main
666 transfers to Deptford repainted into fleet livery for the 938
651 transfers to Chester-le-Street
722 withdrawn due to low specification interior

Storx

04 Apr 2021, 6:01 pm #1,159
(04 Apr 2021, 5:21 pm)peter Service Suggestions for Peterlee:

Service 202:

Service 208:

Service X6:

I haven't checked which ones these are but I'm sure they're part of the massive interworking pattern that happens at Peterlee which sees a bus go towards Durham and fills in the local service out of Durham in one direction and does the short in the other direction. Sure the 202 is part of it from what I remember so it's not as easy to just change them round.
Storx
04 Apr 2021, 6:01 pm #1,159

(04 Apr 2021, 5:21 pm)peter Service Suggestions for Peterlee:

Service 202:

Service 208:

Service X6:

I haven't checked which ones these are but I'm sure they're part of the massive interworking pattern that happens at Peterlee which sees a bus go towards Durham and fills in the local service out of Durham in one direction and does the short in the other direction. Sure the 202 is part of it from what I remember so it's not as easy to just change them round.

peter

04 Apr 2021, 7:24 pm #1,160
(04 Apr 2021, 6:01 pm)Storx I haven't checked which ones these are but I'm sure they're part of the massive interworking pattern that happens at Peterlee which sees a bus go towards Durham and fills in the local service out of Durham in one direction and does the short in the other direction. Sure the 202 is part of it from what I remember so it's not as easy to just change them round.

In this instance it would be, because the 202 would still run to the same times from Easington-Seaham, preserving the interworking patterns between the 202, 204, 208 and 265 - on the Peterlee end the 202 doesn't interwork with anything because it runs to Station Town. Likewise the short 208's are currently standalone. So my suggestion sees the 202 take the 208 route from Easington to Peterlee and back rather than taking the quicker route to Peterlee and continuing to Station Town. The Easington-Peterlee section of the 202 wouldn't be replaced because you already have the 55 and the Peterlee-Station Town section is replaced by the X6. Alternatively, the X6 could come off the A19 at Easington and operate the current 202 route from there - the 202 currently operates via Moorcock on the way to Station Town and preserves links across Peterlee - but of course that would increase the Sunderland-Peterlee journey time.

For those interested the interworking pattern at present:
202 - Station Town to Seaham
265 - Seaham to Durham
208 - Durham to Peterlee
208 - Peterlee to Durham
204 - Durham to Sherburn Loop
265 - Durham to Seaham
202 - Seaham to Station Town

As mentioned above, the short 208 journeys from Peterlee to Easington run standalone.
The 209 interworks with the :15 201 while the 210 interworks with the :45 201.
peter
04 Apr 2021, 7:24 pm #1,160

(04 Apr 2021, 6:01 pm)Storx I haven't checked which ones these are but I'm sure they're part of the massive interworking pattern that happens at Peterlee which sees a bus go towards Durham and fills in the local service out of Durham in one direction and does the short in the other direction. Sure the 202 is part of it from what I remember so it's not as easy to just change them round.

In this instance it would be, because the 202 would still run to the same times from Easington-Seaham, preserving the interworking patterns between the 202, 204, 208 and 265 - on the Peterlee end the 202 doesn't interwork with anything because it runs to Station Town. Likewise the short 208's are currently standalone. So my suggestion sees the 202 take the 208 route from Easington to Peterlee and back rather than taking the quicker route to Peterlee and continuing to Station Town. The Easington-Peterlee section of the 202 wouldn't be replaced because you already have the 55 and the Peterlee-Station Town section is replaced by the X6. Alternatively, the X6 could come off the A19 at Easington and operate the current 202 route from there - the 202 currently operates via Moorcock on the way to Station Town and preserves links across Peterlee - but of course that would increase the Sunderland-Peterlee journey time.

For those interested the interworking pattern at present:
202 - Station Town to Seaham
265 - Seaham to Durham
208 - Durham to Peterlee
208 - Peterlee to Durham
204 - Durham to Sherburn Loop
265 - Durham to Seaham
202 - Seaham to Station Town

As mentioned above, the short 208 journeys from Peterlee to Easington run standalone.
The 209 interworks with the :15 201 while the 210 interworks with the :45 201.

Pages (150) Previous 157 58 59150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average