Menu

Pages (60)    117 18 1960   
Dan   08 Jan 2014, 6:17 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:13 pm)Michael wrote I didn't get on‌e =(

Did you get the last one about the ticketing?
Can't remember when or how I signed up to it - just know they're relatively short surveys which no doubt do help Go North East, so it can count as my "good deed of the day" when I do fill them out! Wink
Malarkey   08 Jan 2014, 6:19 pm
Just out of Curiosity, How many of the FAB56 B9's have now Entered Service at Deptford, As I'll be in Sunderland Tomorrow and again Next Tuesday.
Michael   08 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:17 pm)Dan wrote Did you get the last one about the ticketing?
Can't remember when or how I signed up to it - just know they're relatively short surveys which no doubt do help Go North East, so it can count as my "good deed of the day" when I do fill them out! Wink

No =(, i thought i would of got them because iv'e signed up for their news letter etc, that was ages and ages ago.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   08 Jan 2014, 6:22 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:19 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Just out of Curiosity, How many of the FAB56 B9's have now Entered Service at Deptford, As I'll be in Sunderland Tomorrow and again Next Tuesday.

Their was 4 out the other day, not sure how many out now.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
busman101   08 Jan 2014, 6:23 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 5:21 pm)andreos1 wrote It must be noted the FPP are the political arm of the FPF (Fencehouses Popular Front), with the FPF being more militant.

A truce has been organised, giving bus company employees living in the village, immunity from attack, after one wedgie too many.
One driver who did not want to be named, had to have his Calvin Kleins surgically removed at Sunderland Royal Hospital before Christmas.
He had to get a taxi, with there not being a bus there from the village.
Drivers are reported to be fed up of the wedgies and having to sneak to/from work under the cover of darkness (and a taxi ride home/to work).

The local mothers group have organised a fund raising day, which involves a street performance in the village on shrove tuesday.
Teaming up with a prominant modern art legend, they are currently practicing the performance under the working title of 'useless tossers'.

Not to be outdone, local residents are also performing a monthly act in line with the lunar cycle.
Passing buses will be treated to homeowners standing in their front rooms - baring their bottoms.

We have sympathisers across the region, including TB from the Harlow Green/Allerdene area, who will continue to plague the GNE fb page like a bad cough.

Our Peterlee representative will continue to dominate and disrupt the GNE twitter feed, complaining as much as he can about the x9, x10, x35 and any other bus he fancies.

Comrades from Chopwell will also complain on a regular basis about the 47.

In the meantime, our Russian operative who goes under the nickname 'meerkat man' will continue with their covert work, liking anything and everything on the GNE fb page, in order to gain access to GNE Towers.

Local operatives will continue to pose as regular passengers, causing as much disruption as possible, such as:

* Passengers posing as OAP's will feign ignorance with the new ticket machines.

* Passengers will regularly press the bell, when having no intention of getting off.

* Metro newspapers will be littered around the bus

* Passengers wanting a relaxing ride and a nap, will be stopped from doing so, by the omni-present empty Fanta bottle, which we will leave to rattle around the bus floor.

As the FPF spokesperson, I often appear on radio and TV, although my voice is dubbed over and voiced by an actor, due to political restrictions.
I appeared on BBC Radio Bournmoor just this morning on the Angie and Jimmy show.

Have you been on the drink ?

Anyway, the 71 will always remain high on the agenda !!!
Adrian   08 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 12:25 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Think gne r getting lazy and sum of the brands r going down hill

Disagree entirely. I was often critical on branding in the past, but I really think GNE are getting this right now. It seems that some of the more pointless brands are now being phased out, and the buses that have been newly branded (or re-branded) are of a lot higher quality.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
gtom   08 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm)Michael wrote No =(, i thought i would of got them because iv'e signed up for their news letter etc, that was ages and ages ago.

We all had to opt in or out of them when we signed up through work. All of us got them this morning.

I'm orchestrating a mass 'get rid of those 2 middle aged chavs from Metro Radio on the Angel' campaign Big Grin

Alas...GNE seem intent on asking me about bright upholstery and CCTV
Michael   08 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm)gtomlinson wrote We all had to opt in or out of them when we signed up through work. All of us got them this morning.

I'm orchestrating a mass 'get rid of those 2 middle aged chavs from Metro Radio on the Angel' campaign Big Grin

Lmao - I'm orchestrating a mass 'get rid of those 2 middle aged chavs from Metro Radio on the Angel' campaign Big Grin - That's true couldn't they just use local people who no one knows?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   08 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:22 pm)Michael wrote Their was 4 out the other day, not sure how many out now.

Should be six as of today.
Michael   08 Jan 2014, 6:50 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm)Dan wrote Should be six as of today.

That's it?, thought more would of being out by now, hopefully more out tomorrow

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   08 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:50 pm)Michael wrote That's it?, thought more would of being out by now, hopefully more out tomorrow

Were all due to be out by today (after the very many previous date pushbacks), but it seems that hasn't happened.

End of January for the Cobalts, maybe? Wink
Adrian   08 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm)gtomlinson wrote We all had to opt in or out of them when we signed up through work. All of us got them this morning.

If only. I'm all for next stop announcements, but can someone tell me why the iBus announcements TFL use aren't sufficient for the north east? Surely there are better ways of making money through advertising than having two loudmouthes disrupting peoples journeys to work. Sad

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   08 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm)Dan wrote Were all due to be out by today (after the very many previous date pushbacks), but it seems that hasn't happened.

Wonder why, all of them have arrived, maybe their waiting till Monday?

If the Cobalts aren't out till then, that's also daft for the ones being here a while...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   08 Jan 2014, 7:01 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm)Dan wrote Were all due to be out by today (after the very many previous date pushbacks), but it seems that hasn't happened.

Do you know if 6099 or 6100 have been on the road yet? Not seen any photos surprisingly, so I'd assume not.

Dan   08 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 7:01 pm)aureolin wrote Do you know if 6099 or 6100 have been on the road yet? Not seen any photos surprisingly, so I'd assume not.

Don't even think they're at Deptford yet. Possibly waiting all documentation to be fully taxed etc so they don't have to be moved on red plates. Kept indoors at SMR afaik.
Michael   08 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm)Dan wrote Don't even think they're at Deptford yet. Possibly waiting all documentation to be fully taxed etc so they don't have to be moved on red plates. Kept indoors at SMR afaik.

Wonder if that's the reason why the others aren't out yet

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   08 Jan 2014, 7:06 pm
2 Silver B9's in the Riverside Depot today by Costco appeared to have drivers who were practicing reversing.

Loading up the car with Mrs GT and was captivated by them reversing out of a parking spot, going back into it and repeating constantly
Andreos1   08 Jan 2014, 7:10 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 7:06 pm)gtomlinson wrote 2 Silver B9's in the Riverside Depot today by Costco appeared to have drivers who were practicing reversing.

Loading up the car with Mrs GT and was captivated by them reversing out of a parking spot, going back into it and repeating constantly

That's what happens when you are stuck driving Renowns with a broken reverse on the 2a/2c!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
citaro5284   08 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm)Michael wrote Wonder if that's the reason why the others aren't out yet

I know why they aren't out Tongue
northtynelinks2   08 Jan 2014, 7:57 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote I know why they aren't out Tongue

Only thing I can think of is that they are getting the WiFi sorted out before entering service to reduce the chance of Spares been used.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   08 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote I know why they aren't out Tongue

Maybe its the tax,like Dan saidTongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
gtom   08 Jan 2014, 8:00 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 7:10 pm)andreos1 wrote That's what happens when you are stuck driving Renowns with a broken reverse on the 2a/2c!

Big Grin

Mrs GT's assesment of the Riverside Depot was that its very handily placed to get a fresh chicken or speciality cake from Costco
Dan   08 Jan 2014, 8:00 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm)Michael wrote Maybe its the tax,like Dan saidTongue

Tongue Don't quote me on that one! I just guessed!
Andreos1   08 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 6:23 pm)busman101 wrote Have you been on the drink ?

Anyway, the 71 will always remain high on the agenda !!!

Just having a tipple or two now.

Where has Fozz's bookies gone? Will stick a tenner on the 71 not staying in its current guise beyond the summer!

It is dying a slow death out there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   08 Jan 2014, 8:07 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 8:00 pm)Dan wrote Tongue Don't quote me on that one! I just guessed!

I am Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   08 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm)Michael wrote Wonder if that's the reason why the others aren't out yet

A selection of Cobalt Clipper B9s that I've checked would indicate that all appear to be all taxed. The two red spares for the Fab Fifty Six don't exist on the enquiry system though, so I'd assume they're not.

You can check here if anyone is interested.

Michael   08 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm)andreos1 wrote Just having a tipple or two now.

Where has Fozz's bookies gone? Will stick a tenner on the 71 not staying in its current guise beyond the summer!

It is dying a slow death out there.

The 71 seems to be getting worse by peoples comments, i think they should of kept it to going to Sunderland but maybe a different way?

Wanna stick a tenner on them changing North Sunderland in 6 months to?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
citaro5284   08 Jan 2014, 8:10 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm)Michael wrote The 71 seems to be getting worse by peoples comments

Might as well just get rid of it then!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   08 Jan 2014, 8:12 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm)Michael wrote The 71 seems to be getting worse by peoples comments, i think they should of kept it to going to Sunderland but maybe a different way?

Wanna stick a tenner on them changing North Sunderland in 6 months to?

Already put my tenner on the next North Sunderland changes being by the summer!
I initially said the next lot of changes would be announced today, but that one has been and gone Wink

northtynelinks2   08 Jan 2014, 8:18 pm
(08 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm)aureolin wrote A selection of Cobalt Clipper B9s that I've checked would indicate that all appear to be all taxed. The two red spares for the Fab Fifty Six don't exist on the enquiry system though, so I'd assume they're not.

You can check here if anyone is interested.

Lol, done a random search 'NL63 YAY' which I believe is red versa 5390 and it came up as been Orange. Big Grin
Pages (60)    117 18 1960