You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(09 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm)Dan wrote Sorry if it's been mentioned, haven't read posts today...

8222 was taken away by Alpha today, as shown in the photograph shared by Steve Foster below:
[Image: 1497799_10151825678916573_2105869363_n.jpg]

haha adios!!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Jan 2014, 4:45 pm)Michael wrote haha adios!!

8222 was the best one! Alongside 8289. Tongue
(09 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm)Panasonic44 wrote I hope the 27 will get scaina omnicity or omnicity dd with euro6 engine.

It's on the list of buses predicted for new buses this year, it looks like decker's nothing confirmed what they are.

Would like GNE to get Omnicity DD's though (Not them ones we are all thinking of!)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm)Panasonic44 wrote I hope the 27 will get scaina omnicity or omnicity dd with euro6 engine.

OmniCitys no longer exist at Euro6 and their replacement (the Citywide) isn't available in the UK.
(09 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm)Kuyoyo wrote OmniCitys no longer exist at Euro6 and their replacement (the Citywide) isn't available in the UK.

=(, that's a shame, i like the Omnicity's
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Just in case anyone is Interested here my FAB56 Photos from Today
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...592289575/

And just a side note after Speaking to an Older Bus Enthusiast, I was asked if the Cobalt Clipper B9's were to be sent back to Wrightbus due having the Wrong Destination Screens or Something, This first I have heard of this Rumour, Could be the Reason why the FAB's are Slowly Entering Service at Deptford, Any of the GNE Reps on here provide any Information into what I was told.
(09 Jan 2014, 6:58 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote And just a side note after Speaking to an Older Bus Enthusiast, I was asked if the Cobalt Clipper B9's were to be sent back to Wrightbus due having the Wrong Destination Screens or Something, This first I have heard of this Rumour, Could be the Reason why the FAB's are Slowly Entering Service at Deptford, Any of the GNE Reps on here provide any Information into what I was told.

That's a new one, not sure on why they are taking so long to enter service Undecided
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jan 2014, 6:58 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote And just a side note after Speaking to an Older Bus Enthusiast, I was asked if the Cobalt Clipper B9's were to be sent back to Wrightbus due having the Wrong Destination Screens or Something, This first I have heard of this Rumour, Could be the Reason why the FAB's are Slowly Entering Service at Deptford, Any of the GNE Reps on here provide any Information into what I was told.

The buses are not getting sent back, but the rear destinations are getting changed. They have been fitted with a number only (like the rest of the B9's), however they should have been fitted like the B&H examples. This is not the reason why the Fab56's have been slow to get on the road thou.
.jpg B&H.jpg
(09 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm)Kuyoyo wrote OmniCitys no longer exist at Euro6 and their replacement (the Citywide) isn't available in the UK.

Citywide looks like one of those plastic buses you bought as a kid

[Image: Scania_Citywide_2.jpgb0c226f4-5799-480f-...4Large.jpg]
(09 Jan 2014, 7:31 pm)citaro5284 wrote The buses are not getting sent back, but the rear destinations are getting changed. They have been fitted with a number only (like the rest of the B9's), however they should have been fitted like the B&H examples. This is not the reason why the Fab56's have been slow to get on the road.

Cheer's,a mistake which can happen, glad they sorting it though.

Could you give us the reason why they are going slow on the road or would you get shot by the company?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jan 2014, 7:31 pm)citaro5284 wrote The buses are not getting sent back, but the rear destinations are getting changed. They have been fitted with a number only (like the rest of the B9's), however they should have been fitted like the B&H examples. This is not the reason why the Fab56's have been slow to get on the road thou.

I was half correct in what I was told then, so how long will that take to sort out then.
(09 Jan 2014, 7:35 pm)gtomlinson wrote Citywide looks like one of those plastic buses you bought as a kid

[Image: Scania_Citywide_2.jpgb0c226f4-5799-480f-...4Large.jpg]

I don't know how passengers would take having to board on the opposite side of the bus either. Tongue
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(09 Jan 2014, 7:59 pm)aureolin wrote I don't know how passengers would take having to board on the opposite side of the bus either. Tongue

With 3 doors they'd enjoy it I feel

[Image: Scania_Citywide_1.jpg0a8bb46f-fe97-44cd-...8Large.jpg]
(09 Jan 2014, 8:03 pm)gtomlinson wrote With 3 doors they'd enjoy it I feel

If the dual-door Renowns and Vykings are anything to follow, I imagine they'd only use the front set of doors! Tongue
Sorry I thought they still did omnicity's with euros6 I may have euro6 mixed up with something different.

However I do hope they get these.
[Image: Scania_Omnicity_buses_SD1_and_SD5_of_CT_...gulper.jpg]
Its only euro 5 engine still would be nice to have here. Lets wait and see.

On their website omnicity is still available with euro5.
(09 Jan 2014, 8:24 pm)Panasonic44 wrote Sorry I thought they still did omnicity's with euros6 I may have euro6 mixed up with something different.

However I do hope they get these.
[Image: Scania_Omnicity_buses_SD1_and_SD5_of_CT_...gulper.jpg]
Its only euro 5 engine still would be nice to have here. Lets wait and see.

On their website omnicity is still available with euro5.

They're an absolute pleasure to ride too.
These Citywide looks good i can see a demo coming followed by a possible order coming to replace the older stuff would be nice to see of drivers like them
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
The Scania Citywide isn't available in the UK for the forseeable future.

Also my dad mentioned to me this evening that whilst he was on the way to pick up my Mam from her workplace, he spotted on of the new Silver Double deckers with passengers on. But he said it wasn't in service as he said it had Welcome St (Something) School on the blind, so I don't know if it has been to a launch or something.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(09 Jan 2014, 10:07 pm)GMitchelhill wrote The Scania Citywide isn't available in the UK for the forseeable future.

Also my dad mentioned to me this evening that whilst he was on the way to pick up my Mam from her workplace, he spotted on of the new Silver Double deckers with passengers on. But he said it wasn't in service as he said it had Welcome St (Something) School on the blind, so I don't know if it has been to a launch or something.

Configuration of the next stop screens perhaps?
#29/#29A timetables now online.

#29 from Boldon to Doxford doesn't serve Park Lane
#29a on evening only operating Heworth - Sunderland on evenings and Sundays.
(10 Jan 2014, 10:41 am)aureolin wrote Wish they'd update their stock photos.

Isn't that the old South Shields depot.
(10 Jan 2014, 10:22 am)Mark1 wrote It looks like the 27X does not have much time left.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/south...-1-6364020

If the bus doesn't go to where the passengers want to be, then there is only one outcome.

On a separate note, kudos to the driver of the 21 who saw a passenger running and stopped for her outside the Three Tuns in Birtley about 920ish.
Saw 3804 broken down about half an hour ago outside the Coach and Horses in Birtley.
Surprisingly, it wasn't soaked in condensation like it normally is.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(10 Jan 2014, 11:10 am)andreos1 wrote If the bus doesn't go to where the passengers want to be, then there is only one outcome.

But was that not where the public said they needed a bus....hence why money was put into operating a service by Nexus and GNE?
(10 Jan 2014, 11:46 am)citaro5284 wrote But was that not where the public said they needed a bus....hence why money was put into operating a service by Nexus and GNE?

They did, but Nexus or GNE didn't ask people where they want the bus service to go and the only way to increase usage is to extend to South Shields and accept Crusader Weekly ticket.

I miss South Shields depot, they had better service & reliable services before it closed down. Sad