You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
(03 Jul 2021, 2:20 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote If you go via the A1, harlow green, low fell, saltwell park, bensham & redhugh bridge, it takes about the same time as the X1 between the galleries and eldon square. You would also give people a direct bus to central station and saltwell park.
And get snared up in the roadworks commencing on the A1
(03 Jul 2021, 2:20 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote If you go via the A1, harlow green, low fell, saltwell park, bensham & redhugh bridge, it takes about the same time as the X1 between the galleries and eldon square. You would also give people a direct bus to central station and saltwell park.

(03 Jul 2021, 2:30 pm)JP6004 wrote And get snared up in the roadworks commencing on the A1

Even without the roadworks, the service is still likely to be delayed at the Mill House Roundabout both exiting and joining the A1 as it is currently a pinch point for traffic, especially during peak times. Once the roadworks are completed in 2025, congestion may ease slightly, but I don't think it will make any difference for those wishing to either exit or join the A1 at the Mill House Roundabout unless the entire road infrastructure in that area is revised.

Also, Low Fell can occasionally cause issues, as can Bensham Bank and the Redheugh Bridge (particularly on match days, for the latter), so taking all this into consideration, I cannot envisage where any saving of time would be significant enough to justify this suggestion.

As for the direct connections to Saltwell Park and Central Station from Washington, is there a commercial case for this? Saltwell Park is nice, but it is hardly a massive attraction for those living outside of Gateshead as parks of a similar nature are available across Tyne and Wear and the North East. Central Station, perhaps, but connections are available using other GNE buses as well as the Metro from Gateshead.
(03 Jul 2021, 1:56 pm)big mac wrote Did it not work because of reliability issues or not enough passengers?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

Could have been both issues.
Very few on it whenever I used it, but obviously I wasn't on every run.
I imagine reliability was an issue at times. However the 194 was never the most reliable anyway. Even before the extension. 

Most people living on the 194 route south of Shiney Row had an express option.
Those in Washington may have perceived the 194 route slower (even though it is roughly the same journey time).
Then there's the metro factor from Heworth northwards.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(02 Jul 2021, 10:36 am)Washingtonian wrote Are these roadmaps taken from an old Washington timetable? I thought I remembered the old 177/8 serving the whole of Washington during that time. I had asked a while ago on the bygone era if someone had a timetable for these services and someone kindly uploaded one but I think it was quite a while before this. Also don't seem to remember the 298/9??? If you have any timetables would is be possible for you to upload them please when you get the time? No worries if not.

Thanks

The maps come from the reat TWPTE-produced network map of the whole of Tyne & Wear. These were available publicly until about 1993/94 when they were replaced by the smaller area maps. 

Here are the timetables for the services you requested:

.jpg 20210704_122945.jpg

.jpg 20210704_123006.jpg

.jpg 20210704_122954.jpg
(04 Jul 2021, 11:38 am)MurdnunoC wrote The maps come from the reat TWPTE-produced network map of the whole of Tyne & Wear. These were available publicly until about 1993/94 when they were replaced by the smaller area maps. 

I vaguely remember the 291/292 (depending on direction) running in convoy with the W4, 5 & 6 between Donwell and The Galleries and vice versa. The only difference being that the Washington Minis went in to the estate and the 291/292 straight down Blue House Lane.
I'm sure timetables will be able to confirm either way.

I also remember needing the 294 one day from Heworth and mistakingly jumping on the 292 only not realising until it got to Usworth School/Northumbria Centre. Not being too familiar with that part of the 292 route at that time, it was a guessing game as to where it went or how long it would take to get to The Galleries.
(03 Jul 2021, 1:40 pm)Andreos1 wrote They've tried it a few times in its previous guise as the 194.
As handy as it was, it never seemed to work and it reverted back to terminating at Heworth.

Ditto the 191. That never lasted long either. Although that may have been down to frequency and it shadowing the 194 and 294 for a large portion of the route.

Yes I remember this around the early-mid 90s. I think the 194 was extended to Newcastle Newgate Street and I think this was to compete with Redby's 394 service or vice versa if I remember correctly.

(04 Jul 2021, 11:38 am)MurdnunoC wrote The maps come from the reat TWPTE-produced network map of the whole of Tyne & Wear. These were available publicly until about 1993/94 when they were replaced by the smaller area maps. 

Thank you very much! I really do appreciate your help! Shy  Cool

I thought Calvary Coaches ran the 297, unless it was a secured service through Nexus.
(04 Jul 2021, 11:53 am)Andreos1 wrote I vaguely remember the 291/292 (depending on direction) running in convoy with the W4, 5 & 6 between Donwell and The Galleries and vice versa. The only difference being that the Washington Minis went in to the estate and the 291/292 straight down Blue House Lane.
I'm sure timetables will be able to confirm either way.

I also remember needing the 294 one day from Heworth and mistakingly jumping on the 292 only not realising until it got to Usworth School/Northumbria Centre. Not being too familiar with that part of the 292 route at that time, it was a guessing game as to where it went or how long it would take to get to The Galleries.

Yeah you are right about the old 291/2 route. From where I live the 291 was much quicker going to Heworth and a lot longer on the return journey, with the 292 much quicker coming back and a lot longer in the opposite direction.
Cobalt & Coast 311 extended to actually serve Cobalt and diverted from Jesmond to Gosforth, Fawdon and Kingston Park and then Newcastle, returning Newcastle - Kingston Park - Fawdon - Gosforth - Jesmond - Coast Road - Cobalt. 1 bus per hour.

Could the 33/33A be extended to Fawdon Metro seven days a week, following the Stagecoach 35 route?
I've a created a visual timetable booklet for a independent commercial network around Washington. 

Brands & Numbers
iToons (i1, I2 & i5)
Wearsider (124-126, 137-139)
Washington Links (201-210)
Seasider (522, 550-553)
Derwentsider (775)

East Gateshead, South Tyneside, West Gateshead, Derwentside, Sunderland, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Tynedale & Durham Designs coming soon.
.pdf Washington Area Timetable Booklet.pdf
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
X1 - Easington Lane - Hetton le Hole - Houghton le Spring - Newbottle - Herrington Burn - Shiney Row - Washington Galleries - Springwell Village - Wrekenton - QE Hospital - Gateshead - Newcastle Mon - Sat every 15 mins and Sun every 30 mins)

NEW SERVICE X4 (To be incorporated into Connections 4 brand) - Houghton le Spring - Fence Houses - Bournmoor - Shiney Row -(via Washington Highway A182) Fatfield Bridge - Fatfield Fallowfield Way - Glebe Bus Link - Washington Galleries - Albany - Concord - Usworth College - Leam Lane - Heworth Metro (Felling by-Pass) - Gateshead - Newcastle (Mon - Sat every 30 mins - evenings and Sundays every 60 mins)

Connections 4 - Houghton le Spring - Newbottle - Herrington Burn - Shiney Row - Penshaw - Fatfield Bridge - Fatfield Fallowfield Way - Glebe - Washington Galleries - Albany - Concord - Usworth College - Follingsby Park - Heworth (Mon - Sat every 30 mins - evenings and Sundays Every 60 mins)

Connections 4 and X4 would be 4 buses an hour Mon - Sat combined making the number 4 even more relevant.

New Service 22/23 (Commercially ran circular route incorperated into the Little Pinks brand) - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell Thirlmoor - Concord Bus Station - Donwell - Springwell Village Heugh Hill - Eighton Banks - Wrekenton - Birtley Crematorium - Lansbury Drive - Birtley - Barley Mow Dorset Avenue - Vigo - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries (Mon - Sat every 30 mins, evenings and Sundays every 60 mins)

NEW SERVICE 24 - Washington Galleries - Lambton - Wear Industrial Estate - Harraton - Rickleton - Barley Mow - Portmeads - Birtley - Northside Estate - Eighton Banks - Wrekenton - QE Hospital - Gateshead - Newcastle (Mon - Sat every 30 mins, evenings and Sundays every 60 mins) -

Service 925 to be withdrawn and service 25 rerouted from Chester le Street to Birtley via Durham Road

Service 82 (Little Pinks) - Rickleton - Harraton - Wear Industrial Estate - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Washington Village - Barmston Village Centre - Peel Retail Park - Spout Lane - Concord - Donwell - Usworth College - Leam Lane - Heworth Metro (Mon - Sat every 30 mins, eves and Sun every 60 mins, to include Barmston Waskerley Road)

Service 83/4 (New Circular route under Little Pinks Brand) - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Barmston Court - Barmston Waskerley Road - Peel Retail Park - Hertburn Ind Estate - Concord - Parsons - Blackfell Knoulberry - Oxclose - Washington Galleries (Mon - Sat every 30 mins, eves and Sun every 60 mins to include Barmston Village Centre)

Service 85/6 (New Circular route under Little Pinks Brand) - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Brady Square - Biddick School -Pattinson Industrial Estate - Teal Farm - Peel Retail Park - Sulgrave - Coach Road Estate - Concord - Donwell - Armstrong - Blackfell Thirlmoor - Oxclose - Washington Galleries
(07 Jul 2021, 8:23 am)Adrian wrote Really basic suggestion, but between Biddick and Barmston Court, route the 83 via Brady Square terminus. It shouldn't have an impact on timings.

The old W4 or W5 used to use the route you are suggesting for years, but I believe it was re-routed due to issues getting around the junction where T&I Bell Caterers are. With mini buses being bigger than they were in the 90s it was harder getting the buses through there. Plus with the junction being tight and being surrounded by buildings its difficult to know when vehicles are coming the other way, so they often have to reverse etc. Mind I see vans going through this junction quite often, so maybe if GNE were to order some smaller mini buses (Such the silver Mercedes Sprinters they have on crew shuttles) then that might work better.
(07 Jul 2021, 8:41 am)Washingtonian wrote The old W4 or W5 used to use the route you are suggesting for years, but I believe it was re-routed due to issues getting around the junction where T&I Bell Caterers are. With mini buses being bigger than they were in the 90s it was harder getting the buses through there. Plus with the junction being tight and being surrounded by buildings its difficult to know when vehicles are coming the other way, so they often have to reverse etc. Mind I see vans going through this junction quite often, so maybe if GNE were to order some smaller mini buses (Such the silver Mercedes Sprinters they have on crew shuttles) then that might work better.

I looked at Adrian's suggestion and could have sworn that the cut was used in the distant past. 
Couldn't remember 100% though. Glad you confirmed it did.

Get what you are saying about the turning and angles though. Not sure a Solo could get round that corner.
(07 Jul 2021, 10:12 am)Andreos1 wrote I looked at Adrian's suggestion and could have sworn that the cut was used in the distant past. 
Couldn't remember 100% though. Glad you confirmed it did.

Get what you are saying about the turning and angles though. Not sure a Solo could get round that corner.
Not even a baby Solo?,theyre smaller,but they also look narrower,i dont know if its just my eyes playing tricks on me
Kind Regards
Tez
(07 Jul 2021, 10:58 am)V514DFT wrote Not even a baby Solo?,theyre smaller,but they also look narrower,i dont know if its just my eyes playing tricks on me

No idea. The old Dodge's/Renaults got round, but there was less traffic about then and mounting a kerb was almost standard practice. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZDXdoZZnFsdP5QGc9
(07 Jul 2021, 11:04 am)Andreos1 wrote No idea. The old Dodge's/Renaults got round, but there was less traffic about then and mounting a kerb was almost standard practice. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZDXdoZZnFsdP5QGc9
Is a solo bigger than an MPD, pretty sure they were allocated. The 86 at one point also terminated at barmston court.
I have taken a Solo SR around there a couple of times when starting from Brady Square......must admit your stomach is in your mouth when you take the corner!
(07 Jul 2021, 10:58 am)V514DFT wrote Not even a baby Solo?,theyre smaller,but they also look narrower,i dont know if its just my eyes playing tricks on me

I believe you can get a Solo in either a 'standard' width or a 'Slimline' which is narrower
(07 Jul 2021, 11:47 am)RM2186 wrote I have taken a Solo SR around there a couple of times when starting from Brady Square......must admit your stomach is in your mouth when you take the corner!

Talking of tight corners, did anyone ever drive a citaro arctic along Staneway (Leam Lane)
Worth noting that the Eighton Lodge Park and Ride will be up and running by 2025, be interesting to see how they manage that. I'm guessing the park and ride service will take the A1 straight to Newcastle
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(07 Jul 2021, 11:51 am)streetdeckfan wrote I believe you can get a Solo in either a 'standard' width or a 'Slimline' which is narrower
I thought so,cus My thinking was Arrivas 6,baby solos were used on that and im sure that had to navigate some tight turns
Kind Regards
Tez
(07 Jul 2021, 12:44 pm)Ambassador wrote Worth noting that the Eighton Lodge Park and Ride will be up and running by 2025, be interesting to see how they manage that. I'm guessing the park and ride service will take the A1 straight to Newcastle
Unless they've since changed the plans, there's an article from a few years ago when the park and ride was initially proposed which says there isn't going to be a special bus service.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chron...865311.amp

(06 Jul 2021, 1:46 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote I've a created a visual timetable booklet for a independent commercial network around Washington. 

Brands & Numbers
iToons (i1, I2 & i5)
Wearsider (124-126, 137-139)
Washington Links (201-210)
Seasider (522)
Sea & ??? (550-553)
Derwentsider (775)

East Gateshead, South Tyneside, West Gateshead, Derwentside, Sunderland, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Tynedale & Durham Designs coming soon.

Here is my South Tyneside Brochure Idea

Brands & Numbers
iToons (i26 & i27)
Seasider (503 & 504, 507 & 508, 510 & 511, 512, 516, 522, 526 & 528, 530 & 570)
Sun & Sea (535-537, 538)
Sea & ???(550-553)

(08 Jul 2021, 10:40 am)ASX_Terranova wrote Here is my South Tyneside Brochure Idea

Brands & Numbers
iToons (i26 & i27)
Sun & Sea (535-537, 538)
Sea & ???(550-553)

East Gateshead Also Complete

Brands & Numbers
Gateshead Orbit (G1 & G2, G3 & G4, G5 & G6, G7 & G8)
iToons (i1 & i2, i21, i22 & i23, i26 & i27)
Heeders (19 & 19X, 23 & 24, 57, 58 & 59, 69 & 69A, 95 & 96)
.pdf South Tyneside Area Timetable Booklet.pdf
.pdf East Gateshead Area Timetable Booklet.pdf
(08 Jul 2021, 10:40 am)ASX_Terranova wrote Here is my South Tyneside Brochure Idea

Brands & Numbers
iToons (i26 & i27)
Sun & Sea (535-537, 538)
Sea & ???(550-553)

East Gateshead Also Complete

Brands & Numbers
Gateshead Orbit (G1 & G2, G3 & G4, G5 & G6, G7 & G8)
iToons (i1 & i2, i21, i22 & i23, i26 & i27)
Heeders (19 & 19X, 23 & 24, 57, 58 & 59, 69 & 69A, 95 & 96)

Neither file gives any details of any routes/services and just an index page?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(08 Jul 2021, 11:01 am)Adrian wrote Neither file gives any details of any routes/services and just an index page?
Ask and ye shall receive (Some of these duplicate existing GNE routes, because I was originally designing these for an independent)

Washington Routes
iToons

i1 Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Washington Galleries - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Easington Village - Peterlee

i2 Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Washington Galleries - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane  - Murton - Dalton Park - Seaham
i5 Newcastle - Gateshead - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Washington Galleries - Chester-Le-Street - Pelton Fell - Burnhope - Maiden Law - Lanchester

Washington Links
201 Concord - Blackfell - Oxclose - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Brady Square - Barmston Court

202 Concord - Blackfell - Oxclose - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Teal Farm - Waterview Park

203 Heworth - Wardley - Donwell - Concord - Peel Retail Park - Barmston - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Lambton - Ayton - Barley Mow - Portobello - Birtley

204 Heworth - Wardley - Sulgrave - Concord - Peel Retail Park - Barmston - Washington Village  - Washington Galleries - Lambton - Ayton - Harraton - Rickleton - Portobello - Birtley

205 Washington Galleries - Blackfell - Springwell Village - Eighton Banks - Wrekenton - Birtley - Vigo Estate - Harraton - Biddick - Washington Galleries

206 Washington Galleries - Biddick - Harraton - Vigo Estate - Birtley - Wrekenton - Eighton Banks - Springwell Village - Blackfell - Washington Galleries

207 Washington Galleries - Albany - Donwell - Concord - Sulgrave - Nissan Factory - Waterview Park - Teal Farm - Washington Village - Washington Galleries

208 Washington Galleries - Washington Village - Teal Farm - Waterview Park - Nissan Factory - Sulgrave - Concord - Donwell - Albany - Washington Galleries

209 Washington Galleries - Lambton - Fatfield - Barnwell - Shiney Row - Success - Newbottle - Burnside Estate - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hall Lane Estate
210 Houghton-Le-Spring - Bournmoor - Shiney Row - Fatfield - Glebe - Washington Galleries - Concord - Usworth - Follingsby Park - Wardley - Heworth

Seasider
522 South Shields - Westoe Crown Village - Horsley Hill - Harton Nook - South Tyneside Hospital - Tyne Dock - Jarrow - Hebburn - Monkton Lane - Washington Galleries

Sea & ??? (Don't Have a Decent Brand Yet)

550 South Shields - Westoe - Chichester - Stanhope Road  - Whiteleas - Boldon ASDA - Nissan Factory  - Concord - Washington Galleries  - Chester-Le-Street  - Waldridge Park  - Arnison Centre - Durham

551 South Shields - Westoe - Chichester - South Tyneside Hospital - Whiteleas - Boldon ASDA - Fellgate - Kirkstone Avenue - Jarrow

552 South Shields - Laygate - Chichester - Stanhope Road - Whiteleas - Boldon ASDA - Boldon Cineworld
553 South Shields - Laygate - Chichester - South Tyneside Hospital - Whiteleas - Boldon ASDA - Boldon Cineworld

Derwentsider
775 Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Castletown - Waterview Park - Washington Galleries - Harraton - Rickleton - Chester-Le-Street - Pelton - Grange Villa - Craghead - South Stanley - Stanley

South Tyneside Routes
iToons
i26 Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Hebburn - Jarrow - Tyne Dock - South Tyneside Hospital - Chichester - South Shields
i27 Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Hebburn - Jarrow - Tyne Dock - Chichester - Westoe - South Shields

Seasider
503 South Shields - Westoe - Harton Nook - Ridgeway - Whiteleas - Biddick Hall - Simonside - Stanhope Road - Chichester - South Shields
504 South Shields - Chichester - Stanhope Road - Simonside - Biddick Hall - Whiteleas - Ridgeway - Harton Nook - Westoe - South Shields
507 South Shields - Westoe - Horsley Hill - Marsden - Harton Nook - Mortimer Road - Chichester - Laygate - South Shields
508 South Shields - Laygate - Chichester - Mortimer Road -- Harton Nook - Marsden - Horsley Hill - Westoe - South Shields
510 South Shields - Bents Park - Horsley Hill - Harton Nook - Whiteleas - Biddick Hall - Simonside - South Tyneside Hospital - Chichester - Laygate - South Shields
511 South Shields - Laygate - Chichester - South Tyneside Hospital - Simonside - Biddick Hall - Whiteleas - Harton Nook - Horsley Hill - Bents Park  - South Shields
512 South Shields - Mile End Road - Laygate - Tyne Dock - South Tyneside Hospital - McAnay Avenue - Harton Nook - Cleadon Park
516 South Shields - The Lawe - Bents Park - Horsley Hill - Marsden - South Tyneside Hospital
522 South Shields - Westoe Crown Village - Horsley Hill - Harton Nook - South Tyneside Hospital - Tyne Dock - Jarrow - Hebburn - Monkton Lane - Washington Galleries
526 South Shields - Chichester - South Tyneside Hospital - Brockley Whins - Low Simonside - York Avenue  - Jarrow - Hebburn - Monkton Lane - Lukes Lane
528 South Shields - Chichester - Stanhope Road - Brockley Whins - Low Simonside - Hill Park - Jarrow - Hebburn - Monkton Lane - Lukes Lane
530 South Shields - Westoe - Harton Nook - Cleadon - East Boldon - Boldon ASDA - Cotswolds Estate
570 South Shields - Westoe - Tyne Dock - Simonside - Fellgate

Sun & Sea
535 South Shields - Pier Head - Horsley Hill - Whitburn - Seaburn - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - East Herrington - Newbottle - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Low Moorsley
536 South Shields - Chichester - Mortimer Road - Horsley Hill - Whitburn - Seaburn - Sunderland - Silksworth - East Herrington - Newbottle - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton Downs - Hetton-Le-Hole
537 South Shields - Laygate - Westoe - Harton Nook - Horsley Hill - Lizard Lane - Whitburn - Seaburn - Sunderland
538 South Shields - Harton Nook - Cleadon - Fulwell - Sunderland - Barnes Park - East Herrington - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hall Lane Estate - The Raintons - Belmont - Gilesgate Moor - Durham

Sea & ??? (Don't Have a Decent Brand Yet)
550 South Shields - Westoe - Chichester - Stanhope Road  - Whiteleas - Boldon ASDA - Nissan Factory  - Concord - Washington Galleries  - Chester-Le-Street  - Waldridge Park  - Arnison Centre - Durham
551 South Shields - Westoe - Chichester - South Tyneside Hospital - Whiteleas - Boldon ASDA - Fellgate - Kirkstone Avenue - Jarrow
552 South Shields - Laygate - Chichester - Stanhope Road - Whiteleas - Boldon ASDA - Boldon Cineworld
553 South Shields - Laygate - Chichester - South Tyneside Hospital - Whiteleas - Boldon ASDA - Boldon Cineworld

East Gateshead Routes
Gateshead Orbit
G1 Gateshead - Deckham - Carr Hill - Felling Square - Heworth - Fewster Square - Springwell Estate - Wrekenton - Dryden Road - Gateshead

G2 Gateshead - Dryden Road - Wrekenton - Springwell Estate - Fewster Square - Heworth - Felling Square - Carr Hill - Deckham - Gateshead
G3 Newcastle - Gateshead - Coatsworth Road - Saltwell Park - Bensham Court - Newcastle
G4 Newcastle - Bensham Court - Saltwell Park - Coatsworth Road - Gateshead - Newcastle
G5 Gateshead - Gateshead Stadium - Heworth - Felling Square - Q.E Hospital - Low Fell - Team Valley - Bensham - Gateshead
G6 Gateshead - Bensham - Team Valley - Low Fell - Q.E Hospital - Felling Square - Heworth - Gateshead Stadium - Gateshead
G7 Newcastle - Gateshead - Lobley Hill - Whickham - Fellside Park - Swalwell - Metrocentre - Teams - Newcastle
G8 Newcastle - Teams - Metrocentre - Swalwell - Fellside Park - Whickham - Lobley Hill - Gateshead - Newcastle

iToons
i1 Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Washington Galleries - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Easington Village - Peterlee
i2 Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Washington Galleries - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane  - Murton - Dalton Park - Seaham
i5 Newcastle - Gateshead - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Washington Galleries - Chester-Le-Street - Pelton Fell - Burnhope - Maiden Law - Lanchester
i21 Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Birtley - Chester-Le-Street - Plawsworth - Newton Hall - Framwellgate Moor - Durham
i22 Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Birtley - Chester-Le-Street - Waldridge Park - Sacriston - Witton Gilbert  - Langley Park
i23 Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Birtley - Chester-Le-Street - Great Lumley - Fence Houses - Houghton-Le-Spring
i26 Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Hebburn - Jarrow - Tyne Dock - South Tyneside Hospital - Chichester - South Shields
i27 Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Hebburn - Jarrow - Tyne Dock - Chichester - Westoe - South Shields
i53 Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Chester-Le-Street - Durham - Nevilles Cross - Ferryhill  - Newton Aycliffe - Darlington
i54 Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Chester-Le-Street - Durham - Nevilles Cross - Spennymoor - Bishop Auckland - West Auckland - Lanchester

Heeders
19 Gateshead - Whitehall Road - Bensham Hospital - Saltwell Park - Team Valley
19X Newcastle - Bensham - Team Valley (Express)
23 Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Kibblesworth
24 Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Wrekenton
57 Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Whitehills Estate - Fewster Square - Heworth - Wardley
58 Newcastle - Gateshead - Deckham - Felling Square - Whitehills Estate - Fewster Square - Heworth
59 Newcastle - Gateshead - Deckham - Q.E Hospital - Felling Square - Felling Metro - Friars Goose - Heworth - Bill Quay
69 Wardley - Fewster Square - Q.E Hospital - Low Fell - Lobley Hill  - Whickham - Swalwell - Blaydon - Winlaton
69A Wardley - Fewster Square - Q.E Hospital - Deckham - Low Fell - Bensham - Dunston - Metrocentre
95 Newcastle - Gateshead - Cragside Gardens - Knightsde Gardens - Dunston - Metrocentre
96 Newcastle - Gateshead - Chiltern Gardens - Malvern Gardens - Knightside Gardens - Dunston - Metrocentre

NorthStar
721 Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Portobello - Barley Mow - Chester-Le-Street
728 Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Birtley - Ouston - Beamish - Pelton Fell - Chester-Le-Street
729 Newcastle - Gateshead - Saltwell Park - Kibblesworth - Birtley - Ouston - Beamish - Pelton Fell - Chester-Le-Street

I also have a full spreadsheet full of route suggestions if anyone would like it.
(10 Jul 2021, 10:53 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Are there any services where later evening journeys would be benefical. I was thinking of metro or rail connections at first, but have opened it up to all routes.
Any services that go near hospitals
28,56,57,Q1/Q2,93/94,X1?,309
Kind Regards
Tez
(10 Jul 2021, 10:53 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Are there any services where later evening journeys would be benefical. I was thinking of metro or rail connections at first, but have opened it up to all routes.

If we're only doing GNE here.

I'd be tempted to say 1A/B (Gateshead -> Whitley Bay) and 27 since they run parallel to the Metro and the Metro ends at around 11pm. Might be some demand for people in those areas for a later service.

It's how a few night services in London run, some which don't have a day time service at all and just duplicate tube lines. The N5 is one of them which follows the Northern Line - https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/route/n5/ and N20, the other Northern Line branch - https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/route/n20/
(11 Jul 2021, 10:29 am)V514DFT wrote Any services that go near hospitals
28,56,57,Q1/Q2,93/94,X1?,309
At least the Queen Elizabeth hospital now has a service all night with the 56.

(11 Jul 2021, 11:21 am)big mac wrote At least the Queen Elizabeth hospital now has a service all night with the 56.

I would agree with the 27, 57, 93/94, 309/310 & X1 ideas. I would also make a full 4 night service.