You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints
Why does a service that only takes about 5 mins end to end need free wifi, usb,s and nsa,s? it would take longer to get connected, totally pointless adding it
Ne14ne1
(21 Jul 2021, 4:08 pm)N1cholas wrote Why does a service that only takes about 5 mins end to end need free wifi, usb,s and nsa,s? it would take longer to get connected, totally pointless adding it

Agree with WiFi and USBs not particularly required, NSAs however would always be useful and welcome.
(21 Jul 2021, 4:17 pm)Train8261 wrote Looks like there is 3 difference version
Probs be 4 different liveries to match the 4 different malls (excluding platinum)
Ne14ne1

Wonder why they needed three different colours for one service. 

The ‘special swoosh’ style livery looks a lot better on QuayCity vehicles than it does in this Metrocentre version.

EDIT: ah JP could’ve explained the differing colours. Not sure it was really needed though. I’d have opted for consistency.

Actually look better than the Streetlite version

I wonder where the Streetlites will end up?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 Jul 2021, 4:37 pm)Train8261 wrote What are the 4 colours again
Red-Red Mall
Blue-Blue Mall
Green-Green Mall
Yellow-Yellow Mall
Kind Regards
Tez
(21 Jul 2021, 7:07 pm)Train8261 wrote Wonder what the Green one will look like.

Much like the others I expect.
Just with a bit of green instead of red, blue etc.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(21 Jul 2021, 7:09 pm)Andreos1 wrote Much like the others I expect.
Just with a bit of green instead of red, blue etc.
I like the red and the blue ones. Wouldn't surprise me all 3 possibly 4 if the 4th one is done. Will be at Metrocentre on Sunday
(21 Jul 2021, 5:54 pm)Michael wrote Actually look better than the Streetlite version

I'd say Deptford to see off the former Bluestar Citaros.
(21 Jul 2021, 5:54 pm)Michael wrote Actually look better than the Streetlite version

Are they euro 6
Ne14ne1
(21 Jul 2021, 8:17 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Honestly, the only thing that ruins it for me is the Metrocentre Logo!

The old fashioned typeface they’ve used is awful. Probably a nod to the past logo for some reason.
(21 Jul 2021, 7:43 pm)Malarkey wrote I'd say Deptford to see off the former Bluestar Citaros.

Hopefully, but weren't they down for being withdrawn anyway, due to the ex Red Kite Sreetlites coming in?

(21 Jul 2021, 8:20 pm)GNE6312 wrote Are they euro 6

The X66 Steeetlites are Euro 5.

The B7RLE are Euro 5 too... so don't see the point in the swap because the X66 doesn't go in the CAZ zone.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
RE: Ne14ne1
(21 Jul 2021, 8:21 pm)ne14ne1 wrote The old fashioned typeface they’ve used is awful. Probably a nod to the past logo for some reason.
Its the new owners of the metrocentre that has decided on the rebranding of the metrocentre. Obviously, the new branding on the bus reflects that
(21 Jul 2021, 8:31 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully, but weren't they down for being withdrawn anyway, due to the ex Red Kite Sreetlites coming in?

The X66 Steeetlites are Euro 5.

The B7RLE are Euro 5 too... so don't see the point in the swap because the X66 doesn't go in the CAZ zone.

What is the capacity of the B7s in comparison to the Streetlites? They look a bit longer to me.
(21 Jul 2021, 8:31 pm)Michael wrote The B7RLE are Euro 5 too... so don't see the point in the swap because the X66 doesn't go in the CAZ zone.
Neither does the 49  Wink
Site Administrator
(21 Jul 2021, 8:41 pm)streetdeckfan wrote What is the capacity of the B7s in comparison to the Streetlites? They look a bit longer to me.

The same, but the Volvo B7RLEs are slightly longer with a bit more legroom between seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(21 Jul 2021, 7:43 pm)Malarkey wrote I'd say Deptford to see off the former Bluestar Citaros.

Do they need any more buses to see them off? They've gained 16 buses in the past year and they've not all replaced something (10x ex Red Kite's + 5 ex Saltwell Park's + 5420) should be enough to just withdraw them once the school extras are confirmed to be finished and the Covid Shuttles are gone.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go with the Versas for the 2/2A and join the Red Kite batch for the 39/39A/61 and push 4 more of the 17 plates out for Euro 6 emissions. Should be enough to run them both with the Citaros on the 35/55/X20.
Ne14ne1
(21 Jul 2021, 8:38 pm)JP6004 wrote Its the new owners of the metrocentre that has decided on the rebranding of the metrocentre. Obviously, the new branding on the bus reflects that

Yes. I was referring to Metrocentre’s logo.
(21 Jul 2021, 8:51 pm)Storx wrote Do they need any more buses to see them off? They've gained 16 buses in the past year and they've not all replaced something (10x ex Red Kite's + 5 ex Saltwell Park's + 5420) should be enough to just withdraw them once the school extras are confirmed to be finished and the Covid Shuttles are gone.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go with the Versas for the 2/2A and join the Red Kite batch for the 39/39A/61 and push 4 more of the 17 plates out for Euro 6 emissions. Should be enough to run them both with the Citaros on the 35/55/X20.

That's pretty much what is happening, the 61 is more steetlite then citaro now.
(23 Jul 2021, 12:12 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Roughly same colour combo as Coaster.
Any major changes. Has it got the twotone like the rest of the fleet has