Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East September Service Changes

September Service Changes

September Service Changes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (74) Previous 112 13 1474 Next
V514DFT

29 Jul 2021, 9:06 pm #241
I dont normally get defensive,but im sorry,why are people acting like GNE are the only bus company that make mistakes,they all do it,but atleast GNE damn well trying,whilst also trying to recover from the damage Covid has caused,like MG said,they had to make tough decisions,and they cant please everyone,if some people had it their way,there would be a bus to everywhere,even if it carries fresh air

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
29 Jul 2021, 9:06 pm #241

I dont normally get defensive,but im sorry,why are people acting like GNE are the only bus company that make mistakes,they all do it,but atleast GNE damn well trying,whilst also trying to recover from the damage Covid has caused,like MG said,they had to make tough decisions,and they cant please everyone,if some people had it their way,there would be a bus to everywhere,even if it carries fresh air

Kind Regards
Tez

Storx

29 Jul 2021, 9:21 pm #242
(29 Jul 2021, 9:06 pm)V514DFT I dont normally get defensive,but im sorry,why are people acting like GNE are the only bus company that make mistakes,they all do it,but atleast GNE damn well trying,whilst also trying to recover from the damage Covid has caused,like MG said,they had to make tough decisions,and they cant please everyone,if some people had it their way,there would be a bus to everywhere,even if it carries fresh air

They change stuff too much that's why and the majority of the time it isn't for the better and some people who actually rely on them get sick of it. Can't comment whether these are good yet but there will be some losers. Compare that to the other big 2 and their networks barely change, Stagecoach Newcastle in particular. Arriva's North of the Tyne has been pretty stable since the changes awhile back now aswell and even then half the routes are the same as they were for decades.

I know it'll all be blamed on Covid but it's been happening for years now you just have to look at some corridor like the 6/M6/M7/M8/16/16A/X30 corridor which has had about 10 changes now since the old 43/44 days which had the same routes for years and actually worked (bar congestion). If you lived anywhere on those routes, you'd be sick to death of the changes and it seems to be happening again.
Storx
29 Jul 2021, 9:21 pm #242

(29 Jul 2021, 9:06 pm)V514DFT I dont normally get defensive,but im sorry,why are people acting like GNE are the only bus company that make mistakes,they all do it,but atleast GNE damn well trying,whilst also trying to recover from the damage Covid has caused,like MG said,they had to make tough decisions,and they cant please everyone,if some people had it their way,there would be a bus to everywhere,even if it carries fresh air

They change stuff too much that's why and the majority of the time it isn't for the better and some people who actually rely on them get sick of it. Can't comment whether these are good yet but there will be some losers. Compare that to the other big 2 and their networks barely change, Stagecoach Newcastle in particular. Arriva's North of the Tyne has been pretty stable since the changes awhile back now aswell and even then half the routes are the same as they were for decades.

I know it'll all be blamed on Covid but it's been happening for years now you just have to look at some corridor like the 6/M6/M7/M8/16/16A/X30 corridor which has had about 10 changes now since the old 43/44 days which had the same routes for years and actually worked (bar congestion). If you lived anywhere on those routes, you'd be sick to death of the changes and it seems to be happening again.

Andreos1

29 Jul 2021, 9:25 pm #243
(29 Jul 2021, 9:00 pm)Adrian To be fair, I'd say its far from being uncommon for one person in an organisation to have responsibility for managing a contract. An account manager, if you like.

Rainton nPower has been on a ramping down of operations for a good 12+ months now. Most people left at the end were on retainers and holding out for a package, so you can hardly blame them for not having the same level of enthusiasm as the bus operator may have.

The main point surely is that a need has been identified and its been quickly corrected, and I'm sure there'll be further discussions around that.

I'm more alarmed that Sunderland City Council didn't know they had let one of their flagship office spaces out, but I think we both know the degree of which a 'not my job' attitude can exist in large public sector organisations.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ah I know that, I was only pulling Daniel's leg.

As JP6004 mentioned earlier, the site has been more or less empty for a year now.
However, it doesn't take away the fact that someone, somewhere hasn't done due diligence and mistakes have been made. Hopefully lessons have been learned and it doesn't happen again. 

I agree that the connections being maintained is a good thing. It is a massive positive.
As I said earlier, pleasing that concerns at depot level were listened to and acted on.
What I didn't say, it that I think it's extremely impressive that they've acted so quickly to reverse those changes.

Services to key employment locations are key imo. Even if it is 1 mile diversion, passing through on the way to somewhere else.
Whether having the X20 and 35 shadow each other to/from Rainton Bridge is the best option over other services/routes, well that's probably for another part of the forum.
They will take some traffic off the road, but they probably won't help the 4 or 71 getting stuck in queues of commuter traffic through FPF territory.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Jul 2021, 9:25 pm #243

(29 Jul 2021, 9:00 pm)Adrian To be fair, I'd say its far from being uncommon for one person in an organisation to have responsibility for managing a contract. An account manager, if you like.

Rainton nPower has been on a ramping down of operations for a good 12+ months now. Most people left at the end were on retainers and holding out for a package, so you can hardly blame them for not having the same level of enthusiasm as the bus operator may have.

The main point surely is that a need has been identified and its been quickly corrected, and I'm sure there'll be further discussions around that.

I'm more alarmed that Sunderland City Council didn't know they had let one of their flagship office spaces out, but I think we both know the degree of which a 'not my job' attitude can exist in large public sector organisations.

Ah I know that, I was only pulling Daniel's leg.

As JP6004 mentioned earlier, the site has been more or less empty for a year now.
However, it doesn't take away the fact that someone, somewhere hasn't done due diligence and mistakes have been made. Hopefully lessons have been learned and it doesn't happen again. 

I agree that the connections being maintained is a good thing. It is a massive positive.
As I said earlier, pleasing that concerns at depot level were listened to and acted on.
What I didn't say, it that I think it's extremely impressive that they've acted so quickly to reverse those changes.

Services to key employment locations are key imo. Even if it is 1 mile diversion, passing through on the way to somewhere else.
Whether having the X20 and 35 shadow each other to/from Rainton Bridge is the best option over other services/routes, well that's probably for another part of the forum.
They will take some traffic off the road, but they probably won't help the 4 or 71 getting stuck in queues of commuter traffic through FPF territory.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Adrian

29 Jul 2021, 9:30 pm #244
(29 Jul 2021, 9:21 pm)Storx They change stuff too much that's why and the majority of the time it isn't for the better and some people who actually rely on them get sick of it. Can't comment whether these are good yet but there will be some losers. Compare that to the other big 2 and their networks barely change, Stagecoach Newcastle in particular. Arriva's North of the Tyne has been pretty stable since the changes awhile back now aswell and even then half the routes are the same as they were for decades.

I say this as someone not wholly convinced by branding etc, but surely some recognition for that they're the only operator trying to innovate and boost patronage? This bus industry *needs* organic growth - there's no ifs and buts there, but I'm seeing nothing from any of the other operators and even Nexus.

On Arriva, and speaking as someone who lives on one of their uncontested corridors, I'd suggest their actions are actively discouraging people from using public transport. Enjoy your trip to work in a crammed mini bus, forced to smell someone's arm pit. I'd love to be resident in Brandon right now, being able to switch to a big modern GNE decker with plenty of space.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 Jul 2021, 9:30 pm #244

(29 Jul 2021, 9:21 pm)Storx They change stuff too much that's why and the majority of the time it isn't for the better and some people who actually rely on them get sick of it. Can't comment whether these are good yet but there will be some losers. Compare that to the other big 2 and their networks barely change, Stagecoach Newcastle in particular. Arriva's North of the Tyne has been pretty stable since the changes awhile back now aswell and even then half the routes are the same as they were for decades.

I say this as someone not wholly convinced by branding etc, but surely some recognition for that they're the only operator trying to innovate and boost patronage? This bus industry *needs* organic growth - there's no ifs and buts there, but I'm seeing nothing from any of the other operators and even Nexus.

On Arriva, and speaking as someone who lives on one of their uncontested corridors, I'd suggest their actions are actively discouraging people from using public transport. Enjoy your trip to work in a crammed mini bus, forced to smell someone's arm pit. I'd love to be resident in Brandon right now, being able to switch to a big modern GNE decker with plenty of space.

29 Jul 2021, 9:48 pm #245
(29 Jul 2021, 9:30 pm)Adrian I say this as someone not wholly convinced by branding etc, but surely some recognition for that they're the only operator trying to innovate and boost patronage? This bus industry *needs* organic growth - there's no ifs and buts there, but I'm seeing nothing from any of the other operators and even Nexus.

Has the 21 extension been confirmed?
streetdeckfan
29 Jul 2021, 9:48 pm #245

(29 Jul 2021, 9:30 pm)Adrian I say this as someone not wholly convinced by branding etc, but surely some recognition for that they're the only operator trying to innovate and boost patronage? This bus industry *needs* organic growth - there's no ifs and buts there, but I'm seeing nothing from any of the other operators and even Nexus.

Has the 21 extension been confirmed?

29 Jul 2021, 9:55 pm #246

Not sure that's entirely fair - SNE have their bizarre 19 in Sunderland and the changes to the Shields 10 & 11 (and the oddly unpublicised open top offering on the Es).  By Stagecoach standards, that is a lot more than we've seen even pre-pandemic (plus the further branching out into Nexus contract terrirtory).  No denying GNE are the most proactive in this area, but certainly not true to say they are the only ones doing anything.
stagecoachbusdepot
29 Jul 2021, 9:55 pm #246

Not sure that's entirely fair - SNE have their bizarre 19 in Sunderland and the changes to the Shields 10 & 11 (and the oddly unpublicised open top offering on the Es).  By Stagecoach standards, that is a lot more than we've seen even pre-pandemic (plus the further branching out into Nexus contract terrirtory).  No denying GNE are the most proactive in this area, but certainly not true to say they are the only ones doing anything.

Storx

29 Jul 2021, 9:56 pm #247

Yeah no arguments, in fairness Arriva North East and Arriva Northumbria always feel like they're two totally different companies and I know more people on here are from the former. I live on the X7 up Blyth way and in general there's not much more you really could do in fairness to them and there's not much you really could complain about it either bar the non-MAX Pulsars which have turned up from Durham which are a mess especially 1407. God knows what on earth happens down there.

Agreed that Arriva, Nexus and Stagecoach are falling asleep though, the last who doesn't get much critisism when it should especially with ALX 300's still running on flagship services and buses which haven't been refurbished for 10+ years now and are seriously outdated. Can't fault GNE there. I just think they change things way too much but these could be positive for once so I'll wait to judge instead of jumping on little things like the earlier discussion.
Storx
29 Jul 2021, 9:56 pm #247

Yeah no arguments, in fairness Arriva North East and Arriva Northumbria always feel like they're two totally different companies and I know more people on here are from the former. I live on the X7 up Blyth way and in general there's not much more you really could do in fairness to them and there's not much you really could complain about it either bar the non-MAX Pulsars which have turned up from Durham which are a mess especially 1407. God knows what on earth happens down there.

Agreed that Arriva, Nexus and Stagecoach are falling asleep though, the last who doesn't get much critisism when it should especially with ALX 300's still running on flagship services and buses which haven't been refurbished for 10+ years now and are seriously outdated. Can't fault GNE there. I just think they change things way too much but these could be positive for once so I'll wait to judge instead of jumping on little things like the earlier discussion.

cbma06

30 Jul 2021, 7:11 am #248
I was looking on the Sunderland map to see what colour the 39 is, don’t know if it’s just me but I can’t see the 39 anywhere , is the 39 up for withdrawl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
30 Jul 2021, 7:11 am #248

I was looking on the Sunderland map to see what colour the 39 is, don’t know if it’s just me but I can’t see the 39 anywhere , is the 39 up for withdrawl?

missedbus

30 Jul 2021, 8:37 am #249
(30 Jul 2021, 7:11 am)cbma06 I was looking on the Sunderland map to see what colour the 39 is, don’t know if it’s just me but I can’t see the 39 anywhere , is the 39 up for withdrawl?

The fare offer is for August, and the service changes are for September; I don't think we can draw any conclusions from the fare zone maps about the September service patterns.
missedbus
30 Jul 2021, 8:37 am #249

(30 Jul 2021, 7:11 am)cbma06 I was looking on the Sunderland map to see what colour the 39 is, don’t know if it’s just me but I can’t see the 39 anywhere , is the 39 up for withdrawl?

The fare offer is for August, and the service changes are for September; I don't think we can draw any conclusions from the fare zone maps about the September service patterns.

cbma06

30 Jul 2021, 9:18 am #250
(30 Jul 2021, 8:37 am)missedbus The fare offer is for August, and the service changes are for September; I don't think we can draw any conclusions from the fare zone maps about the September service patterns.

I was pointing out that GNE 39 route was missed off the map, so it looked like service 39 wasn’t going to operate from August but it was an error from GNE and there going to sort it out

cbma06
30 Jul 2021, 9:18 am #250

(30 Jul 2021, 8:37 am)missedbus The fare offer is for August, and the service changes are for September; I don't think we can draw any conclusions from the fare zone maps about the September service patterns.

I was pointing out that GNE 39 route was missed off the map, so it looked like service 39 wasn’t going to operate from August but it was an error from GNE and there going to sort it out

30 Jul 2021, 11:14 am #251
I don't know if it true but after speaking to a driver on 9. Was told 9 from September will nolonger serve Hebburn and will go as far as Jarrow and change number.

Wounder what will replace 9 Jarrow to Lukes Lane.
Panasonic44
30 Jul 2021, 11:14 am #251

I don't know if it true but after speaking to a driver on 9. Was told 9 from September will nolonger serve Hebburn and will go as far as Jarrow and change number.

Kuyoyo

30 Jul 2021, 11:18 am #252
(30 Jul 2021, 11:14 am)Panasonic44 I don't know if it true but after speaking to a driver on 9. Was told 9 from September will nolonger serve Hebburn and will go as far as Jarrow and change number.

As mentioned previously
The 9 will be revised to terminate at Jarrow. Upon arrival in Jarrow from Sunderland, buses off the 9 will then work onto the 5 to South Shields.
The Jarrow-Lukes Lane section will be covered by revised 26 - operated by Washington depot interworking with the 50 in South Shields
Kuyoyo
30 Jul 2021, 11:18 am #252

(30 Jul 2021, 11:14 am)Panasonic44 I don't know if it true but after speaking to a driver on 9. Was told 9 from September will nolonger serve Hebburn and will go as far as Jarrow and change number.

As mentioned previously
The 9 will be revised to terminate at Jarrow. Upon arrival in Jarrow from Sunderland, buses off the 9 will then work onto the 5 to South Shields.
The Jarrow-Lukes Lane section will be covered by revised 26 - operated by Washington depot interworking with the 50 in South Shields

DH9

30 Jul 2021, 1:06 pm #253
Out of curiosity, what's happening to the two morning and two evening X32 Stanley - Team Valley - Newcastle runs?
DH9
30 Jul 2021, 1:06 pm #253

Out of curiosity, what's happening to the two morning and two evening X32 Stanley - Team Valley - Newcastle runs?

30 Jul 2021, 1:07 pm #254
Is the 47 staying at Consett or will it be moving back to Riverside?
michaelb
30 Jul 2021, 1:07 pm #254

Is the 47 staying at Consett or will it be moving back to Riverside?

Adrian

30 Jul 2021, 1:34 pm #255
Mod note: I've moved the discussion around passenger numbers, decline and growth into a renamed 'Reversing the decline in passenger numbers' thread.

Adrian
30 Jul 2021, 1:34 pm #255

Mod note: I've moved the discussion around passenger numbers, decline and growth into a renamed 'Reversing the decline in passenger numbers' thread.

30 Jul 2021, 2:20 pm #256
(30 Jul 2021, 11:18 am)Kuyoyo As mentioned previously

Thanks for info. Sorry didn't know it was mentioned.

Does mean that 5 and 9 use Streetlite? 
26 and 50 using scanias omincity and will 26 lose Cruasder Brand?
Edited 30 Jul 2021, 2:21 pm by Panasonic44.
Panasonic44
30 Jul 2021, 2:20 pm #256

(30 Jul 2021, 11:18 am)Kuyoyo As mentioned previously

Thanks for info. Sorry didn't know it was mentioned.

Does mean that 5 and 9 use Streetlite? 
26 and 50 using scanias omincity and will 26 lose Cruasder Brand?

Train8261

30 Jul 2021, 2:23 pm #257
Since the 26 is going to Washington. Does this mean the 27 will now be fully allocated Crusader
Train8261
30 Jul 2021, 2:23 pm #257

Since the 26 is going to Washington. Does this mean the 27 will now be fully allocated Crusader

citaro5284

30 Jul 2021, 2:39 pm #258
(30 Jul 2021, 2:23 pm)Train8261 Since the 26 is going to Washington. Does this mean the 27 will now be fully allocated Crusader

I would have thought so
citaro5284
30 Jul 2021, 2:39 pm #258

(30 Jul 2021, 2:23 pm)Train8261 Since the 26 is going to Washington. Does this mean the 27 will now be fully allocated Crusader

I would have thought so

Stanleyone

30 Jul 2021, 3:37 pm #259
(30 Jul 2021, 1:07 pm)michaelb Is the 47 staying at Consett or will it be moving back to Riverside?
Consett will still operate it.
Stanleyone
30 Jul 2021, 3:37 pm #259

(30 Jul 2021, 1:07 pm)michaelb Is the 47 staying at Consett or will it be moving back to Riverside?
Consett will still operate it.

30 Jul 2021, 3:40 pm #260
So I presume the 47 will lose it's Xlines spec vehicles?
streetdeckfan
30 Jul 2021, 3:40 pm #260

So I presume the 47 will lose it's Xlines spec vehicles?

Pages (74) Previous 112 13 1474 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average