You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints
(24 Jul 2021, 10:01 pm)Ambassador wrote Is the Diamond an in-house design or is Stenning still charging for paint by numbers?

Since it doesn't have the swoop on the front, I'm going to guess it won't Create Desire
RE: Ne14ne1
(24 Jul 2021, 7:38 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I think the Durham Diamond is my favourite of all the 'Road Stripe' liveries. I'd prefer it if it was moved forward maybe 40-50cm, but overall it's the best looking so far.
Mainly because it doesn't have that bloody awful swoop on the front!

The Red Metrocentre Shuttle doesn't look very good IMO, but that could just be the photo, I'll have to see it in person to see whether the colours clash as much as they do in the photo.

As for that blue Metrocentre Shuttle, they genuinely couldn't have made it look more Arriva if they tried!
It's a good thing Arriva don't serve the Metrocentre or I could really see some confusion taking place.
I personally think it's better further forward. As the single decks have longer overhang at the rear, it seems to be more in proportion.

Also saw the red and yellow versions at riverside today. Much better in real life than photos
(25 Jul 2021, 11:23 am)Andreos1 wrote https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-br...574233.amp

See, I thought it was First Bristol making a move and the Transdev rumour was just a red-herring.

It's funny isn't it? When Quality Contracts was being discussed in the past, I'm sure that buses being the all same colour was seen as a negative. Many years on, and here we are with Arriva Metrocentre and Transdev Sacriston looking similar to other operators around the country.
[Image: 51334205463_d4b71bc81c_6k.jpg]Go North East 5501 / 5502 / 5503 by kieron mathews, on Flickr

5501-5503 have gained private registration plates as follows

5501 - BU51 MCE
5502 - BU52 MCE
5503 - BU53 MCE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(25 Jul 2021, 1:58 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote For me personally the swoops on the X66's are too close the words.

That's not even the worst thing. The person painting the swoops must have been out the night before, they're all over the place!

[Image: Wobbly-Swoops.png]

I
f we compare that to the swoops on the Quaycity, its a night and day difference. 

[Image: 51002743152_d3a508e926_b.jpg]Go North East: 5387 NL63YAV Optare Versa by emdjt42, on Flickr
(25 Jul 2021, 2:07 pm)JP6004 wrote Or coaster maybe as they dont have red rear

Oh could be. Blush
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Ne14ne1
(24 Jul 2021, 10:12 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Since it doesn't have the swoop on the front, I'm going to guess it won't Create Desire

Could that be why the road stripes appear to be thicker than usual and both of nearly equal length.
Does anyone know when the eclipses are due to enter service, doubt they'll need much familiarisation seeing as the cab looks pretty much the same as the cab of a B9
Im liking the look of the coaster livery,was that a 3rd one painted in the bottom right of the photo,shame theres only 3 buses for the X66,would of been nice to have all 4 mall colours represented on the buses
Kind Regards
Tez
(25 Jul 2021, 5:29 pm)V514DFT wrote Im liking the look of the coaster livery,was that a 3rd one painted in the bottom right of the photo,shame theres only 3 buses for the X66,would of been nice to have all 4 mall colours represented on the buses
There is 4....last one not done yet
(25 Jul 2021, 5:31 pm)JP6004 wrote There is 4....last one not done yet

And judging by the quality of the three they've got done, they were probably pushed to get those done in time
Ne14ne1
(25 Jul 2021, 5:31 pm)JP6004 wrote There is 4....last one not done yet

Is the Arriva Max one meant to represent the blue mall or the green mall, ….or is there a turquoise mall now? I haven’t been for a while.
(25 Jul 2021, 7:26 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Is the Arriva Max one meant to represent the blue mall or the green mall, ….or is there a turquoise mall now? I haven’t been for a while.
We'll find out once last one painted. I'd imagine that is the blue one
Still Red, Green, Blue and Yellow as I as know. The centre mall was the Platinum Mall though I don't know if that is the case anymore. If so, there should really be a fifth bus - perhaps in Stagecoach Gold livery or something.
(25 Jul 2021, 8:00 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Still Red, Green, Blue and Yellow as I as know. The centre mall was the Platinum Mall though I don't know if that is the case anymore. If so, there should really be a fifth bus - perhaps in Stagecoach Gold livery or something.

I think maybe the silver swoosh is supposed to represent the Platinum mall?
(25 Jul 2021, 1:57 pm)Michael wrote Just seen this tweet on Twitter, Martijn liked it.

https://twitter.com/davidlamb1962/status...23811?s=19

In the corner of Deptford, looks like 2 Streetlites in the "Blue Sunderland Disctrict" base livery.

They came down a couple of days ago driven by fitters, they had no vinyls on though, so presume deptford are putting them on, really looked smart, didn,t post as missed fleet numbers
(25 Jul 2021, 8:30 pm)makem1 wrote They came down a couple of days ago driven by fitters, they had no vinyls on though, so presume deptford are putting them on, really looked smart, didn,t post as missed fleet numbers
5476 and 5477