You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

September Service Changes

RE: September Service Changes
(01 Aug 2021, 1:26 pm)Michael wrote Would have to be upgraded to include WIFI, USB ports.

The combined PVR for the 5 and 9 is 7 - I wonder if these services will get Citaro - under "Go North East"

Could just send the other 3 of the 83XX batch from Chester Le Street and throw something else on the 34 ie Versas. It probably doesn't warrant them anyway.
(01 Aug 2021, 2:00 pm)Storx wrote Could just send the other 3 of the 83XX batch from Chester Le Street and throw something else on the 34 ie Versas. It probably doesn't warrant them anyway.

Ye they could, would make sense.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Hopefully we'll know this time next week,MG said in his Live the other day that it would be back end of next week,wether thats theyre registering the changes back end of next week,or GNE will have an article go live on their website back end of next week,that bit he wasnt clear on
Kind Regards
Tez
(01 Aug 2021, 3:06 pm)V514DFT wrote Hopefully we'll know this time next week,MG said in his Live the other day that it would be back end of next week,wether thats theyre registering the changes back end of next week,or GNE will have an article go live on their website back end of next week,that bit he wasnt clear on
Iirc it was a case of giving customers 4 clear weeks for the changes.
(01 Aug 2021, 3:13 pm)Stanleyone wrote Iirc it was a case of giving customers 4 clear weeks for the changes.
Yeah i rember him saying that,so it would have to be up by next Sunday, 8th-5th September,thats 4 weeks
Kind Regards
Tez
(01 Aug 2021, 3:28 pm)GNE6312 wrote Wonder if the 26 branding will be removed from the crusader B9s

I might be wrong but is the 26 on it in the first place? There's nothing on the exterior to say it exists, not sure whether it got branded covings inside though - never use it.
2A additionally to serve Leechmere Asda (38 route through Hollycarrside)

38 extended to Tunstall Bank hourly replacing the 938 which is withdrawn. It will not serve Bevan Avenue as this is served by the 39A. Additional 38A between City and Docks keeping a 30 minute frequency around the Docks

X7 Not coming back but there is a new Sunderland to Peterlee service

Service 56 will run the daytime route at all times and no longer serve Springwell Estate on evenings or Sundays
(01 Aug 2021, 5:26 pm)morritt89 wrote 2A additionally to serve Leechmere Asda (38 route through Hollycarrside)

38 extended to Tunstall Bank hourly replacing the 938 which is withdrawn. It will not serve Bevan Avenue as this is served by the 39A. Additional 38A between City and Docks keeping a 30 minute frequency around the Docks

X7 Not coming back but there is a new Sunderland to Peterlee service

Service 56 will run the daytime route at all times and no longer serve Springwell Estate on evenings or Sundays

Interesting changes:

Good move having the 2A go to Asda - I take it, it'll follow the current 38 route to Asda and then head down to Ryhope road to continue its current route?

X7 - not surprised its not coming back but why do we need another Peterlee route? Sunderland already have the X6 and 55 from GNE and 22 and 23 from Arriva........ bit of an overkill
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Aug 2021, 5:26 pm)morritt89 wrote Service 56 will run the daytime route at all times and no longer serve Springwell Estate on evenings or Sundays
Thank god for that did anyone actually use that part of the route
(01 Aug 2021, 5:30 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Have we had any of the CLS changes posted yet?

I remember it being said there were changes being made, but I don't recall seeing what they are
I'd be interested to see if the 21 gets the Brandon extension.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
(01 Aug 2021, 5:30 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Have we had any of the CLS changes posted yet?

I remember it being said there were changes being made, but I don't recall seeing what they are
78 will serve pelton fell replacing the 28/28a on that stretch, 8 will operate on an evening/Sunday (replacing the 78A I'm led to believe).
(01 Aug 2021, 6:42 pm)Stanleyone wrote 78 will serve pelton fell replacing the 28/28a on that stretch, 8 will operate on an evening/Sunday (replacing the 78A I'm led to believe).

Will the 8 follow its current route on an evening?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Aug 2021, 6:42 pm)Stanleyone wrote 78 will serve pelton fell replacing the 28/28a on that stretch, 8 will operate on an evening/Sunday (replacing the 78A I'm led to believe).
Finally common sense.

(01 Aug 2021, 6:46 pm)Train8261 wrote Any changes to the Q3 or is that staying the same
If Q1 and Q2 numbers are being dropped, I imagine the number will change.

(01 Aug 2021, 5:39 pm)Michael wrote Interesting changes:

Good move having the 2A go to Asda - I take it, it'll follow the current 38 route to Asda and then head down to Ryhope road to continue its current route?

X7 - not surprised its not coming back but why do we need another Peterlee route? Sunderland already have the X6 and 55 from GNE and 22 and 23 from Arriva........ bit of an overkill
Was it not said earlier the 55 was going to be withdrawn and one X1 an hour was to be extended to Peterlee (another to Dalton Park)?
(01 Aug 2021, 6:53 pm)DH9 wrote Finally common sense.

If Q1 and Q2 numbers are being dropped, I imagine the number will change.

Was it not said earlier the 55 was going to be withdrawn and one X1 an hour was to be extended to Peterlee (another to Dalton Park)?

I thought a citaro was spotted at Saltmeadows branded up for the 55?

Unless the Peterlee section is dropped and it'll go elsewhere
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Aug 2021, 6:53 pm)DH9 wrote Was it not said earlier the 55 was going to be withdrawn and one X1 an hour was to be extended to Peterlee (another to Dalton Park)?

Just guessing with the 55 I believe, there is the X1 extensions though. Someone did say that the 55 is being split off South of Peterlee though.
(01 Aug 2021, 7:15 pm)Storx wrote Just guessing with the 55 I believe, there is the X1 extensions though. Someone did say that the 55 is being split off South of Peterlee though.

I'm sure it was said the Peterlee to Wingate would be dropped and replaced so it would be Sunderland to Peterlee only - more than likely an hourly service - becoming half hourly after Houghton (linked with X1)

55 PVR would be 2 (Sunderland to Peterlee only)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm)big mac wrote I'd be interested to see if the 21 gets the Brandon extension.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

It is, apparently.
(01 Aug 2021, 7:01 pm)Michael wrote [/b]

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
(01 Aug 2021, 7:01 pm)Michael wrote [/b]

I think the 55 is needed as a route. South Hetton, Easington Lane and Hetton Le Hole should have a bus to Sunderland direct, Bede College is also used by people in Easington Village, South Hetton, Easington Lane and Hetton so removing the link is a mistake. The 55 is also the only main route for South Hetton, you’re left with just the 208 and 202 otherwise. (Hetton had the 35 but that takes a while to get to Sunderland city centre and doesn’t serve the college)

I think it would also be a mistake to drop the Wingate/Castle Eden loop, surely it’s much better promoting cross travel by having it extend past Peterlee as opposed to been just a local circular. 
I wonder if maybe we’ll see the Castle Eden loop become part of a new Sunderland-Peterlee route via Seaham and Dalton Park.
I've been thinking about the X72 and @Stanleyone saying it would be an interesting route to drive.

Here's a long shot given other comments.

Newcastle-Gateshead-Bensham-Team Valley-Lobley Hill (Cragside Gardens) replacing 1B- Sunniside-Crookgate-Tanfield Village-Sleepy Valley-Tantobie-White-le-Head-Flint Hill-Dipton-Harelaw-Catchgate-Annfield Plain-New Kyo-Stanley
So will that mean Consett depot allocation will be all deckers now. It will be interesting to see what is used for the 47. Also, if deckers are used for the 78 I wonder where the coast and country streetlites will go.
(01 Aug 2021, 9:13 pm)Tiger5105 wrote So will that mean Consett depot allocation will be all deckers now. It will be interesting to see what is used for the 47. Also, if deckers are used for the 78 I wonder where the coast and country streetlites will go.
From what has been said on depot fb page, streetlites will remain on the 78 route.

(01 Aug 2021, 9:03 pm)DH9 wrote I've been thinking about the X72 and @Stanleyone saying it would be an interesting route to drive.

Newcastle-Gateshead-Bensham-Team Valley-Lobley Hill (Cragside Gardens) replacing 1B- Sunniside-Crookgate-Tanfield Village-Sleepy Valley-Tantobie-White-le-Head-Flint Hill-Dipton-Harelaw-Catchgate-Annfield Plain-New Kyo-Stanley
Quite an interesting route. Not long till the full details will be out
(01 Aug 2021, 7:31 pm)Michael wrote I'm sure it was said the Peterlee to Wingate would be dropped and replaced so it would be Sunderland to Peterlee only - more than likely an hourly service - becoming half hourly after Houghton (linked with X1)

55 PVR would be 2 (Sunderland to Peterlee only)

Aye could be, the X1 could be a replacement for the 202 either though. The link to Dalton Park replacing the Easington Lane - Dalton Park section and the other one replacing the Easington Lane - Peterlee section.

I know it was said there was another Sunderland - Peterlee service maybe that might replace the Seaham - Dalton Park section. Maybe that's where the rest of the 55 might be getting bolted onto possibly aswell giving a quicker service rather than going 'around the world' to Sunderland through places Blackhall etc never really want to be.

I don't have a clue though just pure guessing that. Who knows.
(01 Aug 2021, 9:03 pm)DH9 wrote I've been thinking about the X72 and @Stanleyone saying it would be an interesting route to drive.

I doubt it would stray from the X70 & X71 route between Sunniside and Newcastle to maintain a common frequency (X71 unchanged so doubt all three would be put through Cragside Gardens).

The whole aim of the X30/X31 & X70/X71/X72 changes will be to rationalise the South Gateshead corridor (upto every 10 minutes rather than having the X30 & X70/X71 chasing each other as now).

Similar sort of exercise as what Arriva did with the Ashington-Bedlington-Newcastle services back in 2012 around Bedlington.

The express - X31/X32 every 15 mins Front Street West & X33 every 30 mins Glebe Bank

then...............

Arriva Big Change - X21 every 20 mins Front Street West & X22 every 20 mins Glebe Bank. Note no harmonisation or common stopping point / frequency.

then................

Arriva Sept 2012 changes - X21 & X22 routes swapped between Bedlington and Newcastle. Common frequency established from Ashington as well as in Stakeford and on Bedlington Front Street West, also since served by the X22.