You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
(27 Aug 2021, 3:26 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote Its been tracking all day on the 4. Sure it wasn't just sitting waiting time?

It was parked on the road, opposite the children's centre, it was parked heading towards Plains Farm etc

Any mod gonna sort the problem of me not being able to upload photos?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(30 Aug 2021, 1:11 pm)AIG20 wrote Stagecoach have gained loads of school contracts in South Tyneside and Newcastle and a few in North Tyneside.

As per below:
School bus services | nexus.org.uk

Are Stagecoach acquiring additional double decker's from elsewhere as a result of these contract gains?
Looks like they'll be run out of Slatyford/Walkergate according to bustimes.org . But i'm not holding my breath as that seems a bit far   Huh  to travel just for scholars runs. 

https://bustimes.org/operators/stagecoach-north-east
(30 Aug 2021, 10:23 pm)logidoodah wrote Looks like they'll be run out of Slatyford/Walkergate according to bustimes.org . But i'm not holding my breath as that seems a bit far   Huh  to travel just for scholars runs. 

https://bustimes.org/operators/stagecoach-north-east
Wheatsheaf have several of those. and timetable provision has been  made to permit one to drop onto an 18 ex Seaburn, one via A19 to Sevenoaks to pick up route 16 and one that returns empty via the A184 (mornings and return afternoon)
(31 Aug 2021, 7:15 am)54APhotography wrote Wheatsheaf have several of those. and timetable provision has been  made to permit one to drop onto an 18 ex Seaburn, one via A19 to Sevenoaks to pick up route 16 and one that returns empty via the A184 (mornings and return afternoon)

Going by your post,i take it the Wheatsheaf, doesn't need any extra buses for the school buses.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
19643 has broken down trying to pull away from the traffic light on wear bridge towards city centre. 19383 was behind anyways while it broke down and mechanic and driver swapped. Si guessing it was the replacement anyways. 

The traffic seems to managing itself ok, it's the buses that are having last second lane changes and having to reverse as it's the lane the buses normally use.

(06 Sep 2021, 9:18 am)ifm001 wrote South Shields appear to have E400s 19682 and 19683

Also Sunderland now appear to have 19645 also

Just seen 19444 on the 18 in Sunderland
Hi just seen a photo of 22081 at one stagecoach north east depot if park up Stockton depot does mean it going into service at Stockton?

And date was September 14 2021.
Seen Walkgergate 27723 driving the streets of Hebburn just after 9am this morning. Not tracking as a scholars so possibly driver training or route learning. New routes or expansion?
(05 Oct 2021, 10:55 am)ifm001 wrote Seen Walkgergate  27723 driving the streets of Hebburn just after 9am this morning. Not tracking as a scholars so possibly driver training or route learning.  New routes or expansion?
I think they have some of the scholars services from St Joseph's as I've seen an E400 MMC picking up there (also saw a MMC in the scotch estate a few weeks ago).
(10 Oct 2021, 12:44 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote It has been for a while now as it extends to Seaburn Morrisons during Sunday daytimes

The 23 was always a 2 PVR on a Sunday - pre-Covid even when extended to Seaburn, it never ran on time either - I live on the route.

This must of changed when the last set of changes to the 23 came in to force... just noticed it today.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Oct 2021, 12:19 pm)durhambusman wrote I think they have some of the scholars services from St Joseph's as I've seen an E400 MMC picking up there (also saw a MMC in the scotch estate a few weeks ago).
Yes they have a few scholars services in the area now, but that's what I'm saying. This was after the scholars had finished and was not tracking as a scholars previously either.  So it's possibly driver training re the scholars services or is there potential service expansion from the Newcastle depots.
(10 Oct 2021, 1:06 pm)Michael wrote The 23 was always a 2 PVR on a Sunday - pre-Covid even when extended to Seaburn, it never ran on time either - I live on the route.

This must of changed when the last set of changes to the 23 came in to force... just noticed it today.

It increased with the July changes.
(11 Oct 2021, 5:17 pm)atlantean560 wrote Think it might relate to scholars as I saw 10637 in boldon last week, unless it was taking the scenic route to wheat sheaf for repaint.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I saw 11502 at St Peters/Monkwearmouth on Friday at 1100
(27 Oct 2021, 1:08 pm)enviro7501 wrote 19114 has returned to service, on the 13.50 E6 from Sunderland
broke again this morning assuming its a engine or gearbox problem