You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Sunderland District | A new network of brands for services in Sunderland

Sunderland District | A new network of brands for services in Sunderland

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints
(29 Aug 2021, 8:28 am)Drifter60 wrote Does the Violet not need another painting/allocating? PVR of 4, only three branded vehicles.
If you go by the adage applied in the past one of the 4 would be corporate, like 5504 from the Metrocentre allocation and 6100 of the 309/310/311 etc
RE: Ne14ne1
(29 Aug 2021, 8:17 am)ne14ne1 wrote Consistency in detail is not a strong point, but maybe that’s due to not using a single design agency.

Most of the new style liveries were done by the same design agency. They're not the best when trying to maintain consistency within specific companies.

The exceptions are the standard livery, Green Arrow, Cobalt and Coast, Little Coasters and Seasider.

(29 Aug 2021, 8:51 am)54APhotography wrote If you go by the adage applied in the past one of the 4 would be corporate, like 5504 from the Metrocentre allocation and 6100 of the 309/310/311 etc

Doesn't X66 require 3 vehicles during the normal timetable now the circular extension is gone and it's going down to every 10 mins?
(29 Aug 2021, 9:26 am)omnicity4659 wrote

Doesn't X66 require 3 vehicles during the normal timetable now the circular extension is gone and it's going down to every 10 mins?

I think this is a bad idea especially through the day because Every single X66 I have seen over the past few weeks has been rammed with people and when I'm waiting for the 6 or 7 to go home all I hear are the customers complaining of the amount of people in the bus and barely any room to stand as well. 

This would put me off using the X66 in particular. I know that the 100 has difficulty with capacity especially at peak times so both routes could do with an extra at peaks.
(29 Aug 2021, 8:23 am)citaro5284 wrote Does it really make any difference thou - the consistency is that most vehicles have the road stripe surely?

When Peter Huntley was here, all the branded vehicles had a white curve on them from the front wheel arch - this is no different.

I would say it does.
Whoever the operator, when you're spending time, effort and money on a design - then the basic fundamental is 'consistency'.
Whether that's consistent angles, widths, patterns, logo placement or whatever else.

Operators surely want some sort of identity that portrays them in a particular light.
If the livery doesn't give off the impression of consistency, then it doesn't really set the tone for any other consistency across the rest of the business imo.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(29 Aug 2021, 1:22 pm)logidoodah wrote I think this is a bad idea especially through the day because Every single X66 I have seen over the past few weeks has been rammed with people and when I'm waiting for the 6 or 7 to go home all I hear are the customers complaining of the amount of people in the bus and barely any room to stand as well. 

This would put me off using the X66 in particular. I know that the 100 has difficulty with capacity especially at peak times so both routes could do with an extra at peaks.
Even during non-peak times the X66 seems to basically run at capacity, at least whenever I've used it it has.

I personally think it should at least use deckers during peak times, every time I've used it for the past year or so it's gone via Askew Road so height wouldn't be an issue.

Is the X22 ran by Riverside or CLS? Maybe a reason for the similar branding between them could be to share vehicles?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
(29 Aug 2021, 1:33 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Even during non-peak times the X66 seems to basically run at capacity, at least whenever I've used it it has.

I personally think it should at least use deckers during peak times, every time I've used it for the past year or so it's gone via Askew Road so height wouldn't be an issue.

Is the X22 ran by Riverside or CLS? Maybe a reason for the similar branding between them could be to share vehicles?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
X22 is CLS
Picked up a new Tyne Valley 10 timetable this morning.

Gives you a sneak peak of what the bus will look like

Branding name is Tyne Valley 10 with green at the front and blue at the back with a white and organ roadstrip
Go North East - Recent Repaints
(08 Sep 2021, 4:49 am)Train8261 wrote Picked up a new Tyne Valley 10 timetable this morning.

Gives you a sneak peak of what the bus will look like

Branding name is Tyne Valley 10 with green at the front and blue at the back with a white and organ roadstrip

[Image: f6f97475c0c6e899286304eef6aa5e88.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
(17 Sep 2021, 11:12 pm)Acky81 wrote Destination displays need to be white still proving difficult for passengers to see especially during the day on 2 2A
I heard that this was a change to come, each one has to go for USB and trim attention at some point.
(16 Sep 2021, 1:35 pm)54APhotography wrote Another Berrie, former Quaylink Pride 8335 out today on the 2 circuit. Like yesterday it's pal 8330 has not managed more than a few runs since arrival

8335 NK11HJF | Optare Versa V1110 8335 travels along Toll Ba… | Flickr

5294/5 don't seem to be that reliable either since transferring to Deptford
(18 Sep 2021, 6:32 am)54APhotography wrote I heard that this was a change to come, each one has to go for USB and trim attention at some point.

hope so
Will the 39 ever get the graphite 
No sign of 33 and 38 turning silver and blonde. 
Any news on the destination displays changing to white On the berries 2/2A
(21 Sep 2021, 9:41 pm)Acky81 wrote Will the 39 ever get the graphite 
No sign of 33 and 38 turning silver and blonde. 
Any news on the destination displays changing to white On the berries 2/2A

Labour shortages. I think there’s more important things going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(21 Sep 2021, 10:30 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Labour shortages. I think there’s more important things going on.

should of just left buses as they were then 

(23 Sep 2021, 8:56 am)Wellsey18 wrote Why don’t they just not run as many buses then?!  If they didn’t run as many services there wouldn’t be shortages!

Honestly....I have heard some stupid comments but this...
(23 Sep 2021, 2:56 pm)Keeiajs wrote Honestly....I have heard some stupid comments but this...

Must have Missed the sarcasm there did you?

(23 Sep 2021, 4:57 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Must have Missed the sarcasm there did you?

It isn't at all difficult to tell sarcasm text. (heavy scarcasm)
(23 Sep 2021, 5:04 pm)Keeiajs wrote It isn't at all difficult to tell sarcasm text. (heavy scarcasm)

Hahaha sorry, maybes I should have put it in italics or something

My general point was that although there’s gaps in repaints, which in turn gives this place nout to talk about, actually having bodies out driving the buses at the moment was probably more of a priority than getting them painted and liveried!

(23 Sep 2021, 5:06 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Hahaha sorry, maybes I should have put it in italics or something

My general point was that although there’s gaps in repaints, which in turn gives this place nout to talk about, actually having bodies out driving the buses at the moment was probably more of a priority than getting them painted and liveried!

I mean...if they have spare staff which paint/look after buses. And some buses off the road..why not. There has been a few indiGO buses off the road. THey could at least put the two-tone livery on them. And not the decals.
(23 Sep 2021, 5:06 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Hahaha sorry, maybes I should have put it in italics or something

I believe the correct way to indicate sarcasm online is to put "/s" after.

While in principal that makes sense, that also relies on the fact that the people in the paintshop are able to, or even want to be out driving.
I know I for one would probably enjoy working in that department, but absolutely hate the idea of dealing with the public!
Recently repainted 674 for 39 route. The destination displays at the rear has anyone else noticed is very dim and hard to see. Bit like the versas on the 2 rubbish