You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
(12 Nov 2021, 2:57 pm)cbma06 wrote Isn’t there a service 62 now between Seaham-Dalton Park-Murton etc… and  there’s the X6 between Seaham and Dalton Park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes hourly. A regular half hourly service between Seaham, Dalton Park and Murton has been long overdue. As we discussed with the 62/X6 right now, previous attempts weren’t coordinated, the 265/202 used to offer a 40 minute gap as opposed to half hourly. Half hourly for a bus service is such a big difference.

For the 62/X6 issue: 
Here’s how I think it would be best to work. X6 half hourly Peterlee to Sunderland via Dalton Park and Seaham. 62 hourly same route but operating Peterlee to Seaham only, I still maintain that everywhere on the 62 route has quicker, more frequent routes to Sunderland - Arriva 23, Arriva 22, GNE 55 & GNE 61. Interwork pattern of 62-X6-62A-X6. PVR of 6, which is the same as now, but the 38A is lost from this pattern.
(15 Nov 2021, 5:42 pm)Drifter60 wrote Yes hourly. A regular half hourly service between Seaham, Dalton Park and Murton has been long overdue. As we discussed with the 62/X6 right now, previous attempts weren’t coordinated, the 265/202 used to offer a 40 minute gap as opposed to half hourly. Half hourly for a bus service is such a big difference.

For the 62/X6 issue: 
Here’s how I think it would be best to work. X6 half hourly Peterlee to Sunderland via Dalton Park and Seaham. 62 hourly same route but operating Peterlee to Seaham only, I still maintain that everywhere on the 62 route has quicker, more frequent routes to Sunderland - Arriva 23, Arriva 22, GNE 55 & GNE 61. Interwork pattern of 62-X6-62A-X6. PVR of 6, which is the same as now, but the 38A is lost from this pattern.
From Dawdon the 62 is faster. Would be nice to get a Parkside or Station Road connection to seaham. Maybe a 62B to Station Road.
I think Go North East missed a trick with the X1 as the route through to Peterlee from Easington Lane is the same as the 55, you then have the 62 taking different route from Easington Village to Peterlee via Horden, I'd personally separate the route from the 55 and have the X1 go via it's current route to Dalton Park however additionally serving Murton and then i'd go into Peterlee via the 62 route from Easington Village/Horden opening up some further new links to passengers in these areas.

This would however then mean crossing over with the X6 between Dalton Park and Peterlee, so this got me thinking why not try the below. 

X1 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Hawthorn - Easington Colliery - Horden - Peterlee Bus Station 

Service would operate hourly Monday to Sundays.

X2 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Spectrum Business Park - Seaham - Grangetown - Sunderland

Service would operate hourly Monday to Sundays

X6 - Peterlee - Easington Village - Dalton Park - Spectrum Business Park - Seaham - Grangetown - Sunderland

Service would operate Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Hourly Service on Sundays introduced.  .
(15 Nov 2021, 7:37 pm)Malarkey wrote I think Go North East missed a trick with the X1 as the route through to Peterlee from Easington Lane is the same as the 55, you then have the 62 taking different route from Easington Village to Peterlee via Horden, I'd personally separate the route from the 55 and have the X1 go via it's current route to Dalton Park however additionally serving Murton and then i'd go into Peterlee via the 62 route from Easington Village/Horden opening up some further new links to passengers in these areas.

This would however then mean crossing over with the X6 between Dalton Park and Peterlee, so this got me thinking why not try the below. 

X1 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Hawthorn - Easington Colliery - Horden - Peterlee Bus Station 

Service would operate hourly Monday to Sundays.

X2 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Spectrum Business Park - Seaham - Grangetown - Sunderland

Service would operate hourly Monday to Sundays

X6 - Peterlee - Easington Village - Dalton Park - Spectrum Business Park - Seaham - Grangetown - Sunderland

Service would operate Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Hourly Service on Sundays introduced.  .
X7 - Peterlee - A19 - Dalton Park - Seaham - Station Road - Ryhope - Hendon - Sunderland - A690 - Washington
X3 Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - A690 - Sunderland - Seaham (maybe as a terminus or extend upto Parkside) Giving the route every 10 mins frequency, with the current X1 being every 30 mins, letting the 56 pick up the passengers from Concord to Newcastle
Extend the 47 to Blackhall Mill River view, they have had been reduced to every 60 mins, extedning the 47 would give it a better every 30 mins.

Extend either X5 or X15 to Langley park and the other to arnison centre.
(16 Nov 2021, 9:21 am)Keeiajs wrote Extend the 47 to Blackhall Mill River view, they have had been reduced to every 60 mins, extedning the 47 would give it a better every 30 mins.

You'd have to from Lanchester via Hamsteels into Langley Park rather the having one of the routes continuing via the A691 Durham Road and into Langley Park as you'd be double backing on yourself.

The latter would take you away from the existing route as it would better to go from Witton Gilbert through Sacristion to Plawsworth and down the A167 to Arnison Centre adding a substantial amount of time to the service.
(16 Nov 2021, 8:25 pm)Malarkey wrote You'd have to from Lanchester via Hamsteels into Langley Park rather the having one of the routes continuing via the A691 Durham Road and into Langley Park as you'd be double backing on yourself.

The latter would take you away from the existing route as it would better to go from Witton Gilbert through Sacristion to Plawsworth and down the A167 to Arnison Centre adding a substantial amount of time to the service.
Sorry I awfully worded that, I meant add Langley park and Arnison Centre into X5 or X15.
(16 Nov 2021, 9:21 am)Keeiajs wrote Extend the 47 to Blackhall Mill River view, they have had been reduced to every 60 mins, extedning the 47 would give it a better every 30 mins.

47/47A already both combine to give a 30 minute frequency from Blackhall Mill to Newcastle although not from River View.
New Services Ideas
10C (Every 30 Mins): Newcastle - Metrocentre - Blaydon - Crookhill - Ryton - Ryton Village - Crawcrook - Clara Vale (Would Replace Nexus R1 & R4) Hopefully interworks with 10/10A/10B if possible.

24/24A/24B (Every 10 Mins): Newcastle - Gateshead - Bensham - Low Fell - Allerdene (24) Harlow Green - Wrekenton (24) - Team Valley South (24A) -  Kibblesworth (24A) - Washington Galleries (24B). 
Would Replace 25 (Newcastle - Wrekenton)  28A/29 (28A no longer serves Kibblesworth). 

X22 Renumbered M1
M2: Washington - Team Valley - Lobley Hill - Dunston - Metrocentre (Hourly, Could Replace 939)
M3: Heworth - Fewster Square - Springwell Estate - Wrekenton - Team Valley - Metrocentre (Hourly, Could also replace 92)
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
This isnt really a GNE Suggestion more a bit of competiton.
Brand: Washington Fives, Would be Green & Black (i.e. Trent Bartons Mainline)
Number: 5
Route: Coach Road Estate, Donwell, Concord, B&Q, Blackfell (Thirlmoor), Oxclose, The Galleries, Sainsburys, Glebe, Fallowfield Way
Frequency: Up to Every 20 Mins 
Vehicle Allocation: Enviro 200 MMC 8.9m
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/business/...PPEvzaNZ00 

Suggestions for either a 60 & X60 or 61 & 61A. 

60 - Normal Route Every 20 Mins. 

60A - Parkside - Princess Road - Seaham - Deneside - Dalton Park - A19 - Ryhope - Doxford Park - A690 - Sunderland. Every 20 mins. 

Operated by new E200 MMCs.

61 Normal Route Every 30 mins.

61A - Murton - Dalton Park - New Seaham - Ryhope - Doxford Park - A690 - Sunderland Every 30 Mins.

5369-5376 - Upgrade for either 55 or X20.
Would a direct service from Durham to Hexham Work? 
Maybe same as X5/X15 to Lanchester then B6296, Longedge Lane, A68 & A69 to Corbridge then same as 682 to Hexham.

Also, How about a 704 Between Lanchester, Maiden Law, Burnhope, Holmside, Blackhouse, Pelton Fell & Chester-Le-Street
(15 Nov 2021, 5:18 pm)Drifter60 wrote Why shouldn’t the 19 be branded as Little Coasters? Just curious of the reasons. To me it makes as much sense as the X6/62 to Sunderland being branded as Peterlee Purples.

Sorry slow reply. I always see the Little Coasters brand being the Wallsend locals brand where you can connect onto the Coaster whereas the 19 doesn't serve Wallsend at all and doesn't really connect to the Coaster anywhere either. 

You can't ever use the Coast reference either as it's literally the only bus in all the SE places excluding Cramlington which doesn't serve the coast. For example:

Bedlington Station.
1, 2 - Blyth
X21 - Newbiggin

Seaton Delaval.
X7 - Seaton Sluice
57/57A - Whitley

Ashington.
X21/X22 - Newbiggin
35 - Newbiggin
1 - Blyth / Widdrington
X20 - Amble
Very confusing branding. The Little Coaster bus, 'the only bus not to serve the Coast'. 

It really imo deserves its own brand as it's not a local route because of those using the Metro / Ferry to Cobalt link so would actually be handy. Get the Metro to Northumberland Park then get the Pink 19 to Cobalt for example.
(03 Dec 2021, 11:09 pm)Storx wrote Sorry slow reply. I always see the Little Coasters brand being the Wallsend locals brand where you can connect onto the Coaster whereas the 19 doesn't serve Wallsend at all and doesn't really connect to the Coaster anywhere either. 

You can't ever use the Coast reference either as it's literally the only bus in all the SE places excluding Cramlington which doesn't serve the coast. For example:

Bedlington Station.
1, 2 - Blyth
X21 - Newbiggin

Seaton Delaval.
X7 - Seaton Sluice
57/57A - Whitley

Ashington.
X21/X22 - Newbiggin
35 - Newbiggin
1 - Blyth / Widdrington
X20 - Amble
Very confusing branding. The Little Coaster bus, 'the only bus not to serve the Coast'. 

It really imo deserves its own brand as it's not a local route because of those using the Metro / Ferry to Cobalt link so would actually be handy. Get the Metro to Northumberland Park then get the Pink 19 to Cobalt for example.
I think its branded that way because you can connect to the 1 at North Shields. Even though i think most people would probably use ANE or get the 309 from Cobalt to reach the  Coast
(04 Dec 2021, 7:31 am)ASX_Terranova wrote I think its branded that way because you can connect to the 1 at North Shields. Even though i think most people would probably use ANE or get the 309 from Cobalt to reach the  Coast

Nah it was more when they cut the 41 in half and ditched the 42 to Shields they had Solos spare so they just allocated them to the 19 to withdraw the B7's so instead of repainting them it just because part of the brand to save money repainting them again.
(03 Dec 2021, 10:53 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Would a direct service from Durham to Hexham Work? 
Maybe same as X5/X15 to Lanchester then B6296, Longedge Lane, A68 & A69 to Corbridge then same as 682 to Hexham.

Also, How about a 704 Between Lanchester, Maiden Law, Burnhope, Holmside, Blackhouse, Pelton Fell & Chester-Le-Street

I'm not sure that anyone but a handful of enthusiasts would use a direct Durham to Hexham service. 

Whilst you can't predict that say 20 people will use it per trip in each direction, it should be possible to model likely demand based on employment, education, shopping and leisure. None of which, I think it's fair to say, would result in a trip to Durham. 

Durham to Lanchester already has a decent service, as does Corbridge to Hexham. Given you're not serving anything between there, as your proposed route has literally nothing to serve, then I'd say the answer is no.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(03 Dec 2021, 10:53 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Would a direct service from Durham to Hexham Work? 

Imagine most people travelling from Hexham to Durham would use the train. It's only 58 minutes, you'll struggle to beat that with a bus.
(04 Dec 2021, 7:56 pm)Storx wrote Imagine most people travelling from Hexham to Durham would use the train. It's only 58 minutes, you'll struggle to beat that with a bus.
I'd rather spend an extra hour on the bus than trek up the bank to Durham train station, or trek from Hexham train station up the bank into the town.

Plus, it's considerably cheaper getting the bus!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
(04 Dec 2021, 8:04 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I'd rather spend an extra hour on the bus than trek up the bank to Durham train station, or trek from Hexham train station up the bank into the town.

Plus, it's considerably cheaper getting the bus!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

To be fair can't imagine anyone doing it frequently it's a bit of a nowhere to nowhere service really. For the one off random journey sure the 2 hills wouldn't bother someone. I'd take it over 721 with it's luxury seating which is often allocated to the 689.
Marxista Fozzski
New 61A/X61

61/61A/X61

61A - Sunderland-Murton (Same as 61)
From The Colliery Inn it would be 61 in Reverse
Every 15 minutes Combined

X61 - Sunderland-Grangetown-Ryhope-A19-Dalton Park-Church Lane-Murton Station
Every 30 Minutes

It would give Sunderland-Dalton Park- Murton Station a frequency of 6ph

New 65A

Same as Current 65, only 65A goes round Cornwall Estate

Modified 62

In Seaham it stops on the 60 stand and the 65 stand, just have it continue straight up behind The Jobcentre and Doctors instead of doubling back

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
(14 Dec 2021, 8:55 pm)MrFozz wrote New 61A/X61

61/61A/X61

61A - Sunderland-Murton (Same as 61)
From The Colliery Inn it would be 61 in Reverse
Every 15 minutes Combined

X61 - Sunderland-Grangetown-Ryhope-A19-Dalton Park-Church Lane-Murton Station
Every 30 Minutes

It would give Sunderland-Dalton Park- Murton Station a frequency of 6ph

New 65A

Same as Current 65, only 65A goes round Cornwall Estate

Modified 62

In Seaham it stops on the 60 stand and the 65 stand, just have it continue straight up behind The Jobcentre and Doctors instead of doubling back

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
You could send the 62 in the opposite direct coming from Sunderland. And extend it to Parkside to add connections to Murton. 

And tbh X61 isn't needed, as much as I would like it, I think a X60 would be more beneficial 

X60 - Parkside - Princess Road (due to low bridge) - Seaham - Sea Front - Lords Byron Walk - Dalton Park - A19 - A690 - Sunderland Every 30 Mins.
Here is my suggestion to Revise the C&C and add X lines versions of it:

First up 309:

.Reduced to every 30 minutes
.309 revised to serve hadrian Park between middle engine lane & battle hill
.Extended to Metrocentre:
The extension will run like this :
.Between battle hill and cradlewell buses will run to the current route
.after cradlewell buses will continue to run on the A1058 and will eventually merge onto the central motorway where it will operate via to the Newbridge Street roundabout towards Metrocentre buses will then operate via Durrant Street, New Bridge Street, Pilgrim Street where the service will stop at
.From Pilgrim Street buses will then operate along Pilgrim Street to the roundabout there where buses will turn onto Newgate Street operating via St Nicholas Street (Serving High Level Bridge North) & Newgate Street to Serve Central station
.From there buses will observe the 12/A route to Serve Scotswood Bridge to observe Scotswood Road & Newcastle business Park
.Between the Scotswood Bridge & Metrocentre buses will observe the same route as the SC 6/7

.Towards Blyth buses will operate via the same route as towards Metrocentre towards central station (although will stop at Clayton Street instead due to the 1 way system from there buses will operate via Clayton Street up to the Newgate Street turn where buses will turn right (observing Newgate Street Wilkinson) from there buses will turn left onto market Street (where buses will observe a stop on for their main Newcastle stop) up to the Newgate Street roundabout where buses will operate via the central motorway & A1058 to cradlewell and the normal route.

310:

Reduced to every 30 minutes:

.Revised to operate Every 30 mins
.Will additionally operate via Hadrian Park
.Will be Extended to Metrocentre with the same route as the 309 extension

311:
Withdrawn

X39: Withdrawn to allow a permanent restructured route

New services:

X39:

Blyth
Cowpen
Bebside
Non-Stop
Northumbria Hospital
Non-Stop
Northumberland Park
Cobalt
Silverlink
Non-Stop
Newcastle
Scotswood Road
Newcastle business Park
Metrocentre

Every 30 minutes

Between Blyth & Bebside asda buses will follow the same route as the arriva 1 serving all stops before operating via the A189 to Northumbria hospital

From Silverlink buses will operate non-Stop via the coast road and between corner house & Metrocentre will follow the same route as the 309/310

X40:
North Shields
Royal Quays
Non-Stop
Silverlink
Cobalt
Non-Stop
Newcastle
Scotswood Road
Newcastle business Park

Every 30 mins.

Interworking:

The 309 & 310 will Interwork at Metrocentre, as will the X39 & X40

What do you all think.
(29 Dec 2021, 9:45 pm)GNE6312 wrote Here is my suggestion to Revise the C&C and add X lines versions of it:

First up 309:

.after cradlewell buses will continue to run on the A1058 and will eventually merge onto the central motorway where it will operate via to the Newbridge Street roundabout towards Metrocentre buses will then operate via Durrant Street, New Bridge Street, Pilgrim Street where the service will stop at
.From Pilgrim Street buses will then operate along Pilgrim Street to the roundabout there where buses will turn onto Newgate Street operating via St Nicholas Street (Serving High Level Bridge North) & Newgate Street to Serve Central station
.From there buses will observe the 12/A route to Serve Scotswood Bridge to observe Scotswood Road & Newcastle business Park
.Between the Scotswood Bridge & Metrocentre buses will observe the same route as the SC 6/7

.Towards Blyth buses will operate via the same route as towards Metrocentre towards central station (although will stop at Clayton Street instead due to the 1 way system from there buses will operate via Clayton Street up to the Newgate Street turn where buses will turn right (observing Newgate Street Wilkinson) from there buses will turn left onto market Street (where buses will observe a stop on for their main Newcastle stop) up to the Newgate Street roundabout where buses will operate via the central motorway & A1058 to cradlewell and the normal route.

310:

311:
Withdrawn

New services:

X39:

Blyth
Cowpen
Bebside
Non-Stop
Northumbria Hospital
Non-Stop
Northumberland Park
Cobalt
Silverlink
Non-Stop
Newcastle
Scotswood Road
Newcastle business Park
Metrocentre

Every 30 minutes

Between Blyth & Bebside asda buses will follow the same route as the arriva 1 serving all stops before operating via the A189 to Northumbria hospital

From Silverlink  buses will operate non-Stop via the coast road and between corner house & Metrocentre will follow the same route as the 309/310

X40:
North Shields
Royal Quays
Non-Stop
Silverlink
Cobalt
Non-Stop
Newcastle
Scotswood Road
Newcastle business Park

Every 30 mins.

Interworking:

What do you all think.
I think that expresses along the cost road would work, however I'm not sure about the metrocentre extention.

I've also got this 40 idea
.pdf 40-timetable.pdf
(29 Dec 2021, 9:45 pm)GNE6312 wrote Here is my suggestion to Revise the C&C and add X lines versions of it:

First up 309:

310:

311:
Withdrawn

New services:

X39:

Blyth
Cowpen
Bebside
Non-Stop
Northumbria Hospital
Non-Stop
Northumberland Park
Cobalt
Silverlink
Non-Stop
Newcastle
Scotswood Road
Newcastle business Park
Metrocentre

Every 30 minutes

From Silverlink  buses will operate non-Stop via the coast road and between corner house & Metrocentre will follow the same route as the 309/310

X40:
North Shields
Royal Quays
Non-Stop
Silverlink
Cobalt
Non-Stop
Newcastle
Scotswood Road
Newcastle business Park

Every 30 mins.

Interworking:

What do you all think.

Don't really see the point in the X39, there's already the 19 doing that route and it's dead north of Northumberland Park and it's slower than the expresses that already exist going to Newcastle. Also reducing the 309 to every 30 minutes, removing it from Haymarket and sending it around Hadrian Park you might aswell terminate it at Cobalt as no-one in their right mind would choose it to go to Newcastle when the 308 is every 15 minutes, quicker and cheaper.

Also the X40 is pointless as there's already an express route from North Shields (The Metro) which is every 12 minutes and cheaper.
Don't really see the point in extending anything from the Coast Road through to the Metro Centre.

Anyone wanting to make that journey would do it quicker as things currently stand on a Purple day ticket coming into Haymarket on a 309/310/311, walking across to Eldon Sq and hopping on a 6/10/10A/10B/47/47A/X45/X46. There has to be a bus leaving Eldon Square to the Metro Centre once every 5mins.

Anything going through Market Street would need at least 10mins added on just to get down to Central Station most of the time.

Admittedly it's not as convenient as a through service, but I don't think it would pick up enough to make it viable.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

First up 309:

310:

311:
Withdrawn

New services:

X39:

Blyth
Cowpen
Bebside
Non-Stop
Northumbria Hospital
Non-Stop
Northumberland Park
Cobalt
Silverlink
Non-Stop
Newcastle
Scotswood Road
Newcastle business Park
Metrocentre

Every 30 minutes

X40:
North Shields
Royal Quays
Non-Stop
Silverlink
Cobalt
Non-Stop
Newcastle
Scotswood Road
Newcastle business Park

Every 30 mins.

Interworking:

What do you all think.
Someone answer me this question. Does the 311 exist because of the C&C PVR
Only reason I'm saying this is because why would the 311 need to run from Newcastle to Hadrian Park if the 57 was withdrawn from that area due to "low passenger numbers" plus why bother with a service that goes to Hadrian Park when u can get the 310 to sever there all day or just get the 310 to Battle Hill and change to the 41/41A. 
The 311 is a complete pointless route. In fact the whole Newcastle to Hadrian Park is worthless if both the 57/58 both got Withdrawn from that area anyway. Plus really 311 Cobalt & Coast. Goes nowhere near any of its branding name. Plus it just follows the 310 route to Hadrian Park anyway
(30 Dec 2021, 10:55 am)Train8261 wrote Someone answer me this question. Does the 311 exist because of the C&C PVR
Only reason I'm saying this is because why would the 311 need to run from Newcastle to Hadrian Park if the 57 was withdrawn from that area due to "low passenger numbers" plus why bother with a service that goes to Hadrian Park when u can get the 310 to sever there all day or just get the 310 to Battle Hill and change to the 41/41A. 
The 311 is a complete pointless route. In fact the whole Newcastle to Hadrian Park is worthless if both the 57/58 both got Withdrawn from that area anyway. Plus really 311 Cobalt & Coast. Goes nowhere near any of its branding name. Plus it just follows the 310 route to Hadrian Park anyway
What is the beef with the 311 service?! I don't see much positive with sending the 310 via Hadrian Park as this would increase journey times on the 310 and would most likely need either more or the same resources as its previous form with the 57 serving Hadrian Park, the current arrangement likely makes the most sense as it's roughly a combined 7 min frequency for that part of the route keeping things consistent and no doubt is best from an operational POV.
(30 Dec 2021, 11:28 am)Jimmi wrote What is the beef with the 311 service?! I don't see much positive with sending the 310 via Hadrian Park as this would increase journey times on the 310 and would most likely need either more or the same resources as its previous form with the 57 serving Hadrian Park, the current arrangement likely makes the most sense as it's roughly a combined 7 min frequency for that part of the route keeping things consistent and no doubt is best from an operational POV.
Either:

- Dropping the 311 and sending the 310 around Hadrian Park

or.....

- Dropping the 309 & 310 to every 30 mins each and increasing the 311 to every 15 mins

Would only reduce the PVR by 2x vehicles and for what gain? The only suggestion I've got is make the 310 standalone and have the 309 & 311 interworking so that the 311 sits infront of the 310 towards Newcastle thus picking up most of the traffic in High Farm. The 309 would also get more recovery time in Blyth. PVR would remain unchanged (309 & 311 = 11x, 310 = 5x)

GNE have worked hard since 2016 to shake off the image of their Coast Road routes being seen as the "Mickey Mouse" option and even more so since Martijn came. GNE are in the strongest position out of the 2x operators on the Coast Road.

If GNE wanted to take a bit of a further gamble, they could........

- Introduce a full 309 journey arriving into Newcastle between 6.30-7am on Mondays to Fridays to fill the void left by Arriva's 308.

- Re-route all evening ex Newcastle 310's through Hadrian Park (evenings don't make that much difference). And then.......withdraw the 11pm 311 but use that vehicle & driver to run a later full 309 journey at 11.05pm Mondays to Saturdays. The last 310 ex Newcastle also subsequently re-timed to depart at 11.30pm.
(30 Dec 2021, 4:07 pm)L469 YVK wrote Either:

or.....

- Dropping the 309 & 310 to every 30 mins each and increasing the 311 to every 15 mins

Would only reduce the PVR by 2x vehicles and for what gain? The only suggestion I've got is make the 310 standalone and have the 309 & 311 interworking so that the 311 sits infront of the 310 towards Newcastle thus picking up most of the traffic in High Farm. The 309 would also get more recovery time in Blyth. PVR would remain unchanged (309 & 311 = 11x, 310 = 5x)

GNE have worked hard since 2016 to shake off the image of their Coast Road routes being seen as the "Mickey Mouse" option and even more so since Martijn came. GNE are in the strongest position out of the 2x operators on the Coast Road.

- Introduce a full 309 journey arriving into Newcastle between 6.30-7am on Mondays to Fridays to fill the void left by Arriva's 308.

- Re-route all evening ex Newcastle 310's through Hadrian Park (evenings don't make that much difference). And then.......withdraw the 11pm 311 but use that vehicle & driver to run a later full 309 journey at 11.05pm Mondays to Saturdays. The last 310 ex Newcastle also subsequently re-timed to depart at 11.30pm.

I wouldn't expect to see much change to the Cobalt & Coast services until after February, as that's when the review of Transport North East & Go North East's joint ZEBRA business case will be reviewed with the winners announced. 17 buses have been bid for 309/310/311.

There's also the matter of excessive bus services on the Coast Road, which the Enhanced Partnership/BSIP will look to remove. I'd say the outcome of the ZEBRA bid should then determine the fate of some other services on that corridor.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(30 Dec 2021, 4:07 pm)L469 YVK wrote Either:

or.....

Personally if we're being serious about bus companies actually working together I'd rather see something like.

306 - Every 20 minutes, additionally serving Verne Road and not serving Selby Gardens, direct along the A1058 avoiding Benfield Road to speed up journeys.
308 - Every 20 minutes, same quicker journey on the Coast Road
309 - Every 20 minutes, current route
310 - Every 20 minutes, same route as 309 to Cobalt then current route.
50 - Every 30 minutes, old 305 - https://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/...th1997.jpg
51/51A - Every 30 minutes, current route.

11 - Every 30 minutes, via Rose Hill extended to Battle Hill to replace the other half of the 41.

Nice clean 10 minutes service to Battle Hill and 10 minute service direct along the Coast Road which is quicker for further to reach places and because of the timing differences should merge roughly together to be every 10 minutes between Rake Lane and Blyth with no-one being punished going around the world. I'd love to see the numbers changed aswell. 46 - 49 possibly but obviously there's a conflict with the 47 or alternatively 6 - 9 but then there's conflicts with the X8 and 9.

Then the 50/51 ran with mini buses can pick up all the little estates instead of punishing the core routes.