You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

On Earlsway at the North End of team valley - near the Royal Mail depot - there's what looks like a red and pale yellow vertical stripe liveried Olympian parked up. Anyone know anything about this or what it actually is?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
RE: Unknown local spottings / Questions
In addition to unknown local spottings...
If you have any queries about a specific vehicle which you did not know the operator of, feel free to post them here.
RE: Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions
Can I ask anyone to post sightings of all independents vehicles in the North East which will help me keep track of the fleets.... Some I am especially lacking information on are as follows...

County Coaches, Chester-le-Street
David Dove Travel, Sunderland
Franks Coaches, Horden
J&C Coaches, Newton Aycliffe
LP Travel, Langley Park
Maudes, Barnard Castle
Nightingale Coaches, Stanley
Snowdons, Easington
Style Travel, Peterlee
Trappas Travel, Stanley
Wardley Coaches, Felling
W B Kerr, Wallsend

Any vehicles you see please post Smile

Cheers!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(12 Dec 2013, 8:47 pm)tyresmoke wrote Can I ask anyone to post sightings of all independents vehicles in the North East which will help me keep track of the fleets.... Some I am especially lacking information on are as follows...

Franks Coaches, Horden
LP Travel, Langley Park
Maudes, Barnard Castle
Snowdons, Easington
Style Travel, Peterlee
Trappas Travel, Stanley
Wardley Coaches, Felling
W B Kerr, Wallsend

Cheers!

I should be able to get a list of W B Kerr ready for you as soon as possible Wink
(12 Dec 2013, 8:57 pm)Tom wrote I should be able to get a list of W B Kerr ready for you as soon as possible Wink

They must be one of the least photographed operators in Tyne & Wear!

(12 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm)tyresmoke wrote They must be one of the least photographed operators in Tyne & Wear!

They are only 10 mins walk from mine, so worth a visit!
Hunters of Tantobie
Dennis Dart MPD
Livery: Plain White
Reg: KU52 RXF
Seen in Stanley Today on the 713 Stanley to Flint Hill - Photo will be Uploaded either Tomorrow or the Weekend.
Site Administrator
(12 Dec 2013, 9:49 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Hunters of Tantobie
Dennis Dart MPD
Livery: Plain White
Reg: KU52 RXF
Seen in Stanley Today on the 713 Stanley to Flint Hill - Photo will be Uploaded either Tomorrow or the Weekend.

Believe it was new to Thames Travel, and moved over to People's Bus. Of course, it is now with Hunters of Tantobie and is a regular on Stanley locals.
(12 Dec 2013, 8:47 pm)tyresmoke wrote Can I ask anyone to post sightings of all independents vehicles in the North East which will help me keep track of the fleets.... Some I am especially lacking information on are as follows...

Franks Coaches, Horden
LP Travel, Langley Park
Maudes, Barnard Castle
Snowdons, Easington
Style Travel, Peterlee
Trappas Travel, Stanley
Wardley Coaches, Felling
W B Kerr, Wallsend

Cheers!

County Coaches seem to have a contract for Headways.
Often see their coaches pulling out of the depot with a card on the dash.

To be honest, you can see the majority of their fleet from the main road at Woodstone Village and it just seems to be the same old stuff.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Also forgot to note I seen ex Brighton and Hove Dennis Dart J980 JNJ in Durham Today sporting a Check4Life Healthcare Livery, No idea if this Bus owned Locally or on one of those Tours around the Country.
Spotted another new operator in Middlesbrough around half hour ago, Whitestar Travel with a J-reg Caetano Algarve! 0191 phone number on it so must be local!

Re: RE: Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions
(04 Sep 2013, 5:53 am)aureolin wrote Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

On Earlsway at the North End of team valley - near the Royal Mail depot - there's what looks like a red and pale yellow vertical stripe liveried Olympian parked up. Anyone know anything about this or what it actually is?

This is still in the exact same spot by the way. I'm quite curious as to what it is.
Spotted this morning around Houghton a rattly engined Volvo coach that looked like some sort of youth bus.

It had a livery on the side which looked like it had been designed by kids (I couldn't make it out), but there were Nissan logos on, which would indicate some sort of partnership with them.

As vague as ever!
Site Administrator
A plain red President in the Washington area. Looked like it retained dual door config and ex London destys... Anyone have any ideas?
(15 Jan 2014, 9:23 am)andreos1 wrote Spotted this morning around Houghton a rattly engined Volvo coach that looked like some sort of youth bus.

It had a livery on the side which looked like it had been designed by kids (I couldn't make it out), but there were Nissan logos on, which would indicate some sort of partnership with them.

As vague as ever!

Sounds like Durham City's P70DCC which is branded for Nissan's Monozukuri Caravan project.

(15 Jan 2014, 5:31 pm)tyresmoke wrote Sounds like Durham City's P70DCC which is branded for Nissan's Monozukuri Caravan project.

That looks like the one! Cheers.
(15 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm)Dan wrote A plain red President in the Washington area. Looked like it retained dual door config and ex London destys... Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe has something to do with tyresmoke's comment on the Arriva thread? Possibly could be for Arriva? We'll have to wait and see...

"Unconfirmed reports that 3 ex London deckers have turned up at Ashington depot from Thorntons... If they are for North East then they should replace Olympian 7367 and DAF Spectras 7482/3."
(15 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Maybe has something to do with tyresmoke's comment on the Arriva thread? Possibly could be for Arriva? We'll have to wait and see...

Not sure on that - the deckers at Ashington should be Volvo B7TL / Wright Gemini if they're from the latest batch. Not sure there's any Presidents coming out of London at present. Plenty more DLA's to be dished out though...!

(15 Jan 2014, 8:36 pm)tyresmoke wrote Not sure on that - the deckers at Ashington should be Volvo B7TL / Wright Gemini if they're from the latest batch. Not sure there's any Presidents coming out of London at present. Plenty more DLA's to be dished out though...!

Kingsleys?
(15 Jan 2014, 8:39 pm)andreos1 wrote Kingsleys?

That was my first thought... Though I'm not sure whether they need yet more deckers with them buying the Lothian Tridents fairly recently?

(15 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm)tyresmoke wrote That was my first thought... Though I'm not sure whether they need yet more deckers with them buying the Lothian Tridents fairly recently?

I saw/heard an ex London President the other morning and it didn't sound too healthy.

Do they still have the alx400s?

Suppose these new ones could be replacements, with the originals used as donors or they are picking up more work and need extra capacity.

Not sure who else the vehicles which have been spotted could be for.
Arriva London has released a number of DAF DB250 / Plaxton President to Arriva NW. If its them, I sampled one last March on a night bus and was impressed at how well it performed.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(16 Jan 2014, 5:36 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Arriva London has released a number of DAF DB250 / Plaxton President to Arriva NW. If its them, I sampled one last March on a night bus and was impressed at how well it performed.

At the moment it looks very much like all of the Presidents are heading to North West... They're also starting to take Geminis at present though.

(04 Sep 2013, 5:53 am)aureolin wrote Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

Saw this today passing on the train. It looks like an atlantean to me, its in the N. E wholesale yard on Derwent Avenue off Earlsway incase anyones interested.
(19 Feb 2014, 4:21 pm)MilkybarKid wrote Saw this today passing on the train. It looks like an atlantean to me, its in the N. E wholesale yard on Derwent Avenue off Earlsway incase anyones interested.

Cheers. Found it on Google Maps.

Anyone fancy a trip down at the weekend, in hope that the security staff will be reasonable enough to allow a quick snap? Big Grin
A blue merc coach, parked in the Galleries bus link between the walk in centre and the leisure centre.
Didn't get a good look at it to id it - although there were no company names on the vehicles.
(16 Mar 2014, 10:07 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote A blue merc coach, parked in the Galleries bus link between the walk in centre and the leisure centre.
Didn't get a good look at it to id it - although there were no company names on the vehicles.

Possibly with Hunters of Tantobie as there have been reported sightings of a new blue coach in their depot.
Probably the most relevant thread to include it in.
The Sunderland AFC Delta, that tours the community - does anyone know where it is stabled overnight?

I have passed it several times on the A690 about 0830 near the Ramside Hall/West Rainton area, as it heads towards Sunderland.
Presumably, it is kept in the Durham area overnight, before heading to wherever its destination for the day.
Re: RE: Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions
(17 Mar 2014, 9:59 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Probably the most relevant thread to include it in.
The Sunderland AFC Delta, that tours the community - does anyone know where it is stabled overnight?

I have passed it several times on the A690 about 0830 near the Ramside Hall/West Rainton area, as it heads towards Sunderland.
Presumably, it is kept in the Durham area overnight, before heading to wherever its destination for the day.

Belmont according to the NEB fleet list. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/anefle...eetno=4022
(17 Mar 2014, 10:10 am)aureolin wrote Belmont according to the NEB fleet list. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/anefle...eetno=4022

Would never have thought to have checked there, but cheers!

Edit:
Coming down the A1 tonight, was an Alx 400, decked out in Avon branding.
Guessing it was a promotional bus, which had been somewhere in the area over the course of today.

Edit: Saw the same Avon bus last night too as well as a TFL liveried Versa (smart blinded up), which was crawling up the A1 very slowly this morning.