Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
Any ideas on what is going on with the Silver Arrows 2A/2C Today, as in the Hour and 15 Minutes I was out I seen Cadet 8272/Solars 5202 and another Un'Identified 54reg Solar along with an unndentified Northern Renown More than likely 4920 also on the 2A/2C, Which means there is 4 Citaros Missing.

Also while walking home from The Galleries as I was coming down the Staires next to the Job Centre I seen another Northern Renown, Assuming from Chester le Street powering up Washington Highway towards Springwell, I would think this either going to Sunderland Road or Saltmeadows Depot for Maintainence, Unless it was on a Vehicle Road or Driver Training or Something.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(16 Jan 2014, 2:20 pm)Acky81 wrote 4920 is on 39 as it 4943 3978 and just spotted 8319 now dressed in purple on simplicity 42

That was quiet repaint! I suspect that they'll have the Versas branded as SimpliCity for the 39.
PB0003954/385 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hazlerigg and Seaton Burn College given service number 691/693/694 effective from 20-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/504 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Wrekenton High Street and Bill Quay Marian Drive given service number 68 effective from 20-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/515 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between HOLYSTONE and KILLINGWORTH given service number 652 effective from 20-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Jan 2014, 2:22 pm)CatsFast101 wrote That was quiet repaint! I suspect that they'll have the Versas branded as SimpliCity for the 39.

Mind it was, should be branded soon enough, although the timetable is still wrong for the 39 it has it down as Northern and running with Scania's

Edit, ignore that what i just posted, it doesn't look they interwork!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(16 Jan 2014, 4:51 pm)Michael wrote Mind it was, should be branded soon enough, although the timetable is still wrong for the 39 it has it down as Northern and running with Scania's

Edit, it looks like they might inter work at doxford park? - looking at the timetable

Coming in as the 29 and leaving as the 39, other way around, arriving as 39 leaving as the 29?

but don't see how that will work - not enough Scania's

Unsure why the 39's a generic timetable. I don't think they'll interwork. 39's arrive at 25, 45, 05 and then leave at 30, 50, 10.
(16 Jan 2014, 5:01 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Don't think they will. 39's arrive at 25, 45, 05 and then leave at 30, 50, 10.

Sorry i miss read the timetable, still makes you wonder why the 39 isn't in simplicity colours for its timetable.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(16 Jan 2014, 5:02 pm)Michael wrote Sorry i miss read the timetable, still makes you wonder why the 39 isn't in simplicity colours for its timetable.

No idea why they haven't branded the timetable, can't see the logic really.
(16 Jan 2014, 5:03 pm)CatsFast101 wrote No idea why they haven't branded the timetable, can't see the logic really.

it does, maybe they didn't notice untill they were printed it was branded as Northern.

When the SPD go, least theirs gonna be a little more space for the fleet numbers to be moved, so their not all close together.

Least then hopefully all the tab's for the south depots can be on one page....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(16 Jan 2014, 5:08 pm)Michael wrote it does, maybe they didn't notice untill they were printed it was branded as Northern.

When the SPD go, least theirs gonna be a little more space for the fleet numbers to be moved, so their not all close together.

Least then hopefully all the tab's for the south depots can be on one page....

Have they haven't been printed yet? I haven't seen one however haven't used the 26/39 though.
(16 Jan 2014, 5:11 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Have they haven't been printed yet? I haven't seen one however haven't used the 26/39 though.

I thought they were in travel shops, my bad!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(16 Jan 2014, 5:13 pm)Michael wrote I thought they were in travel shops, my bad!

They maybe I don't know I don't go in travel shops etc. My point was drifter 60 was in old style timetable for months, despite they actually printing a new style Drifter 60/61 leaflet.
Site Administrator
[Image: 1484008_10153714359155710_2555610_o.jpg]
We'll be at Newcastle Grainger Street tomorrow from 1000-1730 promoting our new #Fab56 buses - pop along & see us!

Good to see longer promotion hours - the extension to 1730 is great for catching the commuters.
(16 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm)Dan wrote [Image: 1484008_10153714359155710_2555610_o.jpg]

Good to see longer promotion hours - the extension to 1730 is great for catching the commuters.

do you know when 6088 will be entering service need to get that bus in service as all week it has been 5204 on 56
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
(16 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm)Bazza Houston wrote do you know when 6088 will be entering service need to get that bus in service as all week it has been 5204 on 56

Was still at Saltmeadows the other day. Assume there must be a problem with it for it not to have moved from SMR.
(16 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm)Bazza Houston wrote do you know when 6088 will be entering service need to get that bus in service as all week it has been 5204 on 56

It has been out Bazza, I seen it on Tuesday but didn't manage to Photograph it, same with 6097, caught all the others, just waiting for the Red Corporate Spares to come out into Service.
(16 Jan 2014, 5:16 pm)CatsFast101 wrote They maybe I don't know I don't go in travel shops etc. My point was drifter 60 was in old style timetable for months, despite they actually printing a new style Drifter 60/61 leaflet.

When the 60 became the drifter with the blue timetable and the 61 as Simplicity, Sunderland Interchange and on board the 61 still had the old green timetables, while Chester-Le-Street travelshop had the new blue 60 and simplicity 61 timetables in stock.

Anybody got any insight as to the abundance of base blue Omnicitys at Percy Main? Whilst we all understand the deckers are heading on to the 309 310 soon, any ideas where these plain blue buses are heading? I initially thought Coaster, but all these vehicles are branded up already aren't they?
(16 Jan 2014, 7:28 pm)JakeSavage wrote Anybody got any insight as to the abundance of base blue Omnicitys at Percy Main? Whilst we all understand the deckers are heading on to the 309 310 soon, any ideas where these plain blue buses are heading? I initially thought Coaster, but all these vehicles are branded up already aren't they?

They for the Whey aye five-0
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Jan 2014, 7:31 pm)JakeSavage wrote Aha! Thanks.

Your Welcome, not sure when they will be branded.

Although i would say i have a feeling the brand will be like the Coaster/Drifter.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Jan 2014, 7:38 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Is the 29 Terminating at heworth r boldon cineworld

By the timetable its Boldon Cineworld, which is good, gives better access
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
More Olympians to feature the new NOT IN SERVICE display:
Also, is it just me or have the 'Diamond' dests change? I noticed that the number is in a Orange box like the Angel etc. Last time I took notice was when the Number looked fancy. I haven't a clue however, how long they have been like this.
(16 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm)Michael wrote By the timetable its Boldon Cineworld, which is good, gives better access

Yes, Boldon Cineworld. However, by the timetable, some evening journeys will operate as service 29 from Doxford International to Heworth via Sunderland City Centre.
(16 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm)Dan wrote [Image: 1484008_10153714359155710_2555610_o.jpg]

& there's one on Saturday too, but don't want to spoil the surprise on the location for that one................
Site Administrator
(16 Jan 2014, 9:07 pm)busman101 wrote & there's one on Saturday too, but don't want to spoil the surprise on the location for that one................

How enticing! Wink

Hope it works well and you catch more folk. Best have our fingers crossed that the rain stays off too!

Do you know what's on offer with the scratch cards?
(16 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm)Dan wrote How enticing! Wink

Hope it works well and you catch more folk. Best have our fingers crossed that the rain stays off too!

Probably a free double decker bar Big Grin

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(16 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm)Dan wrote How enticing! Wink

Scratchcard prizes are a free return on the Fab 56, a free week ticket (which ends up being a red & purple zone ticket) or bugger all ! If your lucky, you get a Double Decker as well as its a bit of while stocks last situation - but we've got 750 for the 3 days & 3,000 scratchcards.

I hope it works too, but there's been some really good feedback so far from customers and the promotion folk who've been out and about this week.