Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
StreetDeck at Ashington depot | North East Buses

Skip to main content

StreetDeck at Ashington depot

RE: StreetDeck at Ashington depot
Any reason why it's at Ashington, seems a bit of random detour if it's heading to the North West assuming from N. Ireland.
gka472l
Unregistered
The rest of these are due to enter service in Liverpool on Saturday (22/1), full batch is 4710-4733
Daft thought. But given that GNE are using StreetDecks on the X1 now including extensions to Dalton Park & Peterlee, could Arriva get away with StreetDecks on the X21/X22 if they decided to order in the future?

First thoughts, the StreetDecks were only a coincidential allocation given COVID and the need to keep the X30's / X70's out of Consett depot low height deckers using the originally ordered E400MMCs. But I haven't heard any bad reports about StreetDecks yet on the X1.
(20 Jan 2022, 5:39 am)L469 YVK wrote Daft thought. But given that GNE are using StreetDecks on the X1 now including extensions to Dalton Park & Peterlee, could Arriva get away with StreetDecks on the X21/X22 if they decided to order in the future?

First thoughts, the StreetDecks were only a coincidential allocation given COVID and the need to keep the X30's / X70's out of Consett depot low height deckers using the originally ordered E400MMCs. But I haven't heard any bad reports about StreetDecks yet on the X1.
X1 streetdecks have been quite good. I have been on the alot never had any issues, except from reliability (towards the timetable)
(20 Jan 2022, 8:28 am)Omega54 wrote X1 streetdecks have been quite good. I have been on the alot never had any issues, except from reliability (towards the timetable)
They have been better than expected! The G2s (Angels) and especially the G3s (X1/X45/X46) are decent.

E400MMCs or OM936 StreetDecks would be a sensible choice for the X15/X18/X93(X94) but a StreetDeck would cope on other major Northumbria decker routes for 7 years with appropriate cascade plans in place.