You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints
(23 Jan 2022, 3:19 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Are Stagecoach buses from Teesside swapping with Tyne & Wear buses? Does that mean Slatyford and South Shields/Sunderland buses will have white displays?
The only swaps will be whatever amount of the first batch of E30D 300's from Stockton going to replace the number of extant MAN ALX300 in Newcastle and a locally based swap of E20D Enviro 200 from South Shields for Dart SLF4's.
The only white displays in Newcastle are the 2nd batch of E40D MMCs
(23 Jan 2022, 7:59 pm)54APhotography wrote The only swaps will be whatever amount of the first batch of E30D 300's from Stockton going to replace the number of extant MAN ALX300 in Newcastle and a locally based swap of E20D Enviro 200 from South Shields for Dart SLF4's.
The only white displays in Newcastle are the 2nd batch of E40D MMCs

Incorrect

Stockton’s drivers have been briefed regarding the cascade of Newcastle’s MAN ALX300s in exchange for Stockton’s Enviro200MMCs, which has been discussed on this very forum. And as you were told by a number of Stagecoach drivers on Facebook, no swap between South Shields and Newcastle is planned.
(23 Jan 2022, 11:15 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Incorrect

Stockton’s drivers have been briefed regarding the cascade of Newcastle’s MAN ALX300s in exchange for Stockton’s Enviro200MMCs, which has been discussed on this very forum. And as you were told by a number of Stagecoach drivers on Facebook, no swap between South Shields and Newcastle is planned.
Busways have obviously changed their intentions then, as the E30D were the desired option to balance the fleet average out. That's Stockton's loss short term, but puts them at the front when capital expenditure identifies the MAN as life expired. The E200 situation was one commented on after a conversation with a manager, I did see anything from drivers on the subject. If things changed, then fair play, but the conversation about the E200s was based on what happens for services 8, 32/32A and 35.
(24 Jan 2022, 8:02 am)54APhotography wrote Busways have obviously changed their intentions then, as the E30D were the desired option to balance the fleet average out. That's Stockton's loss short term, but puts them at the front when capital expenditure identifies the MAN as life expired. The E200 situation was one commented on after a conversation with a manager, I did see anything from drivers on the subject. If things changed, then fair play, but the conversation about the E200s was based on what happens for services 8, 32/32A and 35.
Aren't the existing E200s fine?  CAZ was the reason for swapping them over from Sunderland in 2020?
Saw 22081 in Heaton today in Driver Training livery. It carries a large board on the nearside advertising staff recruitment. The board is almost as tall as the bus itself and completely covers two or three nearside windows.
(05 Feb 2022, 1:52 pm)topsweep1506 wrote If anyones out and about today they best get a pic of 12065 in green as its coming off the road tonight (5th) to get prepped to go to paint shop next week
Finally. What was the decision to Finally paint it
Noticed on Friday evening when passing near to Wheatsheaf that there was a number of Freshly repainted Enviro 400s parked around the paint shops, I didn't get the fleetnumbers as I was in the wrong lane to head towards the depot.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
The latest pair of E400's repainted for Newcastle, 19433 & 19438 in local livery dropped on route 1 today, caught 90 minutes apart in Denton.
19433 NK58FMV<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
19438 NK58FNC<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
27241 SN65OCB is now at Sunderland awaiting paint following after a incident it had on Ingram Road in Middlesbrough a few weeks back after receiving a local livered bumper and a full debrand before it re enters service
Took a quick peek around the back of Wheatsheaf after my visit to the cinema.

Can confrim 12065 has finally arrived at Wheatsheaf for its long overdue repaint.

Joining it in the queue looks to be 19644 which is the last of the ex Strathtay E400s to be done.

Also there seems to be another fresh MAN 18:220 / ADL ALX300 repainted into training livery, couldn't see which one.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Site Administrator
19679 just spotted on Felling Bypass heading to Wheatsheaf for repaint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Latest Scania K270UB/Alexander Enviro 300NG in local livery at the Wheatsheaf is 28028, luckily captured in a patch of gold this morning

28028 YR14CGO<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>