You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

X-lines X5/X15 | Re-allocation of Volvo B5 Hybrids from Percy Main

(27 Dec 2021, 12:11 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote so with the stickers?
got any photo proof?

[Image: 51779150214_1651d8cfe0_c.jpg]Go North East 6066 / NK66 CYC by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RE: X-lines X5/X15 | Re-allocation of Volvo B5 Hybrids from Percy Main
(16 Jan 2022, 9:23 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I really do think the X-lines livery looks best on the Gemini 2 body, especially the front end.
It definitely looks better than the StreetDeck that are currently on the X5/X15
I will miss the Streetdecks as they did suit the X-Lines Yellow Livery.
But to B5’s get treated like this is great.
Shame this will be the more popular B5LH and ruin the Diamonds moment.
But I do understand the changes that are needed to tackle allocations for the Newcastle LEZ
Site Administrator
6067 is now in service at Consett on the X5/X15, with 6304 coming out of service in lieu (now at Saltmeadows for repaint).

6065/66/68 all due into service tomorrow. All fitted with white front destinations in addition to the tables internally.
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2022, 7:32 pm)ne14ne1 wrote https://twitter.com/dan3942/status/14889...47300?s=21

“Super low emission diesel-electric hybrid”?

Aren’t these euro5, hence being sent packing away from the city?

Yes, but they’re still low emission? Euro 5 is still very clean, especially a diesel-electric Hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02 Feb 2022, 4:32 pm)Dan wrote 6067 is now in service at Consett on the X5/X15, with 6304 coming out of service in lieu (now at Saltmeadows for repaint).

6065/66/68 all due into service tomorrow. All fitted with white front destinations in addition to the tables internally.

What livery is 6304 getting?

Durham 2025?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Feb 2022, 8:55 pm)Dan wrote Yes, but they’re still low emission? Euro 5 is still very clean, especially a diesel-electric Hybrid.

Not quite good enough for the authorities though, so “super” low emission is pushing it.
(02 Feb 2022, 9:24 pm)Michael wrote What livery is 6304 getting?

Durham 2025?
As far as I know standard fleet livery like 6301 - 6303 unless anyone knows different
Look smart.

‘X15’ on the left hand side of the destination screen but ‘X5’ on the right?
Site Administrator
(08 Feb 2022, 7:56 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Look smart.

‘X15’ on the left hand side of the destination screen but ‘X5’ on the right?

No - two just still running on old settings and it thinks the front is a colour route number display.

(08 Feb 2022, 11:17 pm)omnicity4659 wrote He's gone months without someone noticing the Photoshopped displays!

Tbh I noticed some of the efforts a while ago now, some are less obvious than others, I've attempted it in the past with some dubious results
(09 Feb 2022, 2:40 pm)Jimmi wrote Tbh I noticed some of the efforts a while ago now, some are less obvious than others, I've attempted it in the past with some dubious results
When doing things like that, perspective warp is your best friend (perhaps your only friend if you spend your time photoshopping buses...).

Make sure you copy a larger area than you want, knock the opacity down to like 50% so you can see both, use the perspective warp tool to get the shape lined up, then use the eraser with the hardness turned down to blend it in.
Works pretty much every time!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
And some like myself don't edit their photos at all (Disclaimer - years ago and I mean years ago in the mid noughties, I brightened one or two photos), the photo you see is the photo that I took at the time. I don't have time or the paitence to edit.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(10 Feb 2022, 1:06 am)Rapidsnap wrote And some like myself don't edit their photos at all (Disclaimer - years ago and I mean years ago in the mid noughties, I brightened one or two photos), the photo you see is the photo that I took at the time. I don't have time or the paitence to edit.

Each to their own I suppose. I shoot raw format, so anything I take goes through Adobe Lightroom to correct.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(10 Feb 2022, 1:06 am)Rapidsnap wrote And some like myself don't edit their photos at all (Disclaimer - years ago and I mean years ago in the mid noughties, I brightened one or two photos), the photo you see is the photo that I took at the time. I don't have time or the paitence to edit.

Each to their own I suppose. I shoot raw format, so anything I take goes through Adobe Lightroom to correct.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(10 Feb 2022, 12:01 pm)Adrian wrote Each to their own I suppose. I shoot raw format, so anything I take goes through Adobe Lightroom to correct.

and you do it twice just to be on the safe side! Wink
(10 Feb 2022, 12:01 pm)Adrian wrote Each to their own I suppose. I shoot raw format, so anything I take goes through Adobe Lightroom to correct.

I definitely prefer the editing side to actually taking photos, although I did buy myself a new camera and a few lenses for 'Christmas' to try and get back into it. Not to take pictures of buses though, I do have a life and a reputation to uphold Wink

Having said that, I absolutely hate the more 'normal' editing of photos, I'd much rather spend my time in Photoshop 'uglifiying' people or editing new liveries onto buses!