You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Movement of 8339-8346 to Percy Main

Movement of 8339-8346 to Percy Main

RE: Movement of 8339-8346 to Percy Main
(28 Apr 2022, 10:16 am)LeeCalder wrote Can't say I've ever seen anyone slide off a seat as the bus swings around a corner?
Thats what i was thinking
Kind Regards
Tez
(28 Apr 2022, 10:16 am)LeeCalder wrote Can't say I've ever seen anyone slide off a seat as the bus swings around a corner?

While I haven't slid off a seat, I have slid from the window to aisle seat a few times when we've had an overzealous driver on the X21, happened a few times at the roundabout near Proudfoot Drive shops and once at the Birtley/Angel roundabout when a driver was trying to beat the lights
No slide off, but the Citaro seats you can slide a bit when turning quite fast.
(28 Apr 2022, 6:55 pm)Unber43 wrote No slide off, but the Citaro seats you can slide a bit when turning quite fast.
Thats what i was going to mention but forgot. i was on a Merc on then it came to a turn and i just slid off the seat. Also with leather seats it not the warmest of seats when first used on a day in the winter really
(28 Apr 2022, 7:16 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Thats what i was going to mention but forgot. i was on a Merc on then it came to a turn and i just slid off the seat. Also with leather seats it not the warmest of seats when first used on a day in the winter really
Especially the Streetlite Leather seated ones, even getting a 7:30 bus in December it was -1, never been so cold in my life that was untill I got on 3943 recently on X20 from Sunderland to Durham (it ran out of water so it missed Houghton but was fixed and we went straight to Durham, Not In Service) and I could see my breath the entire journey. I think the heating wasn't on due to the water issue.
I don't mind leather seats in the winter, I actually find it rather refreshing. It's the red hot seats in the summer that I don't like, although that isn't really an issue with GNE's leather seats as they're not dark enough to cause a problem. Both of our cars however have black leather seats and it's a literal pain in the arse.

Maybe it's just me being a seat snob again, but once you've had leather seats, it's really hard to go back to cloth.
I find the 'slideability' quite important to keeping comfortable as it means you can adjust yourself on the seat more easily, one thing I dislike about GNE's new moquette is that it's actually too grippy to make those subconscious micro adjustments in the seat that give the impression that it's more comfortable.

For me, the perfect balance was the dark blue e-leather they have on the Streetlites and 16 plate StreetDecks, it's grippy enough to stop you sliding, but has enough slip that you can move easily.
(28 Apr 2022, 7:47 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I don't mind leather seats in the winter, I actually find it rather refreshing. It's the red hot seats in the summer that I don't like, although that isn't really an issue with GNE's leather seats as they're not dark enough to cause a problem. Both of our cars however have black leather seats and it's a literal pain in the arse.

Maybe it's just me being a seat snob again, but once you've had leather seats, it's really hard to go back to cloth.
I find the 'slideability' quite important to keeping comfortable as it means you can adjust yourself on the seat more easily, one thing I dislike about GNE's new moquette is that it's actually too grippy to make those subconscious micro adjustments in the seat that give the impression that it's more comfortable.

For me, the perfect balance was the dark blue e-leather they have on the Streetlites and 16 plate StreetDecks, it's grippy enough to stop you sliding, but has enough slip that you can move easily.
I don't think the 16' Plate Streetlites Seats don't look at nice.

As well they have the old GNE logo with them