You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: East Coast Main Line
I'd assume that TPE would stop there as they seem to be picking up what is left behind by LNER, XC and Northern.

(19 Jun 2022, 11:42 am)Andreos1 wrote I think there's mention of it working in sync with the Stillington Line. Maybe Northern Connect (if/when that ever appears) and TPX would be the main players. 

It would be interesting to see how it fits in and around existing infrastructure.

The Northern Connect scheme has been abandoned.
(19 Jun 2022, 11:43 am)omnicity4659 wrote I'd assume that TPE would stop there as they seem to be picking up what is left behind by LNER, XC and Northern.

The Northern Connect scheme has been abandoned. 
Was this ever confirmed officially?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(19 Jun 2022, 11:47 am)Andreos1 wrote Was this ever confirmed officially?

OLR removed any reference of it from the Northern website either last year or in 2020. I'd imagine that the only way of getting official confirmation would be through FoI.
(19 Jun 2022, 11:51 am)omnicity4659 wrote OLR removed any reference of it from the Northern website either last year or in 2020. I'd imagine that the only way of getting official confirmation would be through FoI.
My understanding is that “Northern Connect” was part of the Arriva franchise bid, and as a name disappeared when the TOC was taken over by the OLR.
With TPE and XC both only running 1 tph north of York there are probably paths for a Middlesbrough-Stillington - Ferryhill- Durham - Newcastle service
Could they not run a loop, Middlesbrough-stillington-ferryhill-durham-newcastle-heworth-sunderland-durham coast line-middlesbrough. 1/2 trains an hour in each direction.