You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
Are the buses with the fleet number under the windscreen rather than lower down from Stockton and Scotland? I saw one in Slatyford recently. Are the ones from Scotland going to enter service at Slatyford/Walkergate in their current livery?
(12 Jul 2022, 4:21 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Just a pure coincidence Stagecoach kept all of their services, and gained support for the 62 because passengers wanted Stagecoach instead of Gateshead Central Taxis in those areas.

Go North East would have got funding to secure the Q3 in March, but it went to supporting the 18 instead.

Works services being awarded this month surprised me. 

Maybe next March we could see a couple of Stagecoach Newcastle services go to other companies.
Hopefully next March, no SNE services will be lost to the likes of Gateshead Crappy Taxis or the other scavengers.
(12 Jul 2022, 4:21 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Just a pure coincidence Stagecoach kept all of their services, and gained support for the 62 because passengers wanted Stagecoach instead of Gateshead Central Taxis in those areas.

Go North East would have got funding to secure the Q3 in March, but it went to supporting the 18 instead.

Works services being awarded this month surprised me. 

Maybe next March we could see a couple of Stagecoach Newcastle services go to other companies.

Possibly because Nexus were waiting to see how much money was available from changes elsewhere.
(12 Jul 2022, 4:58 pm)topsweep1506 wrote MMC 26114 is out on road tonight from Walkergate not sure what services its on though

It’s been on the 1 and tracking as 22065

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
it feels to me that commonwealth games loans and lack of investment are starting to bite at SNE, i think i saw around 7 buses at slatyford which seemed to have lots of components missing. the oldest buses are 18 years old and for me I would say with a major metropolitan area and healthy riderbase that is a disappointing situation, the fact that buses are leaving the paint shop half complete just shows the dire situation
(12 Jul 2022, 11:00 pm)toward6931 wrote it feels to me that commonwealth games loans and lack of investment are starting to bite at SNE, i think i saw around 7 buses at slatyford which seemed to have lots of components missing. the oldest buses are 18 years old and for me I would say with a major metropolitan area and healthy riderbase that is a disappointing situation, the fact that buses are leaving the paint shop half complete just shows the dire situation

The lack of investment clearly not great, though the vehicles being cannibalised at Slatyford have either long been withdrawn or have been acquired for that purpose.  There should still be plenty of spare buses around (at least notwithstanding the temp Commonwealth Games loans, which is always going to create some degree of pressure) due to previous frequency reductions.
Omnilinks were mainly only used for school services at Stockton and are more likely to be up for disposal. If you wanted to travel on them in normal service around here you are a few years too late.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(12 Jul 2022, 7:40 pm)TEN 6083 wrote It’s been on the 1 and tracking as 22065

26114 Doesn’t appear to be out today as I went over to Newburn to get a photo of it and 22065 is actually tracking as 22065 unless it’s tracking as something else

(13 Jul 2022, 12:26 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Omnilinks were mainly only used for school services at Stockton and are more likely to be up for disposal. If you wanted to travel on them in normal service around here you are a few years too late.

Indeed, only 24003 is in use now on the 5197 contract between Wynyard and Sedgefield Community College (although I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is withdrawn for disposal once the schools break up later this month) while 24002 is dumped in the area of the yard commonly known as the 'Dead Row' with its front panel removed.
(13 Jul 2022, 12:51 pm)TEN 6083 wrote 26114 Doesn’t appear to be out today as I went over to Newburn to get a photo of it and 22065 is actually tracking as 22065 unless it’s tracking as something else

Saw both 26114 and 26115 this evening, 114 was on the X63 on what seemed to be the 1838 departure from Monument and 115 was on the 22 to Cobalt at about 1740 near Walkergate. Not clear from Bustimes what either vehicle was tracking as, unfortunately.
(13 Jul 2022, 12:52 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Indeed, only 24003 is in use now on the 5197 contract between Wynyard and Sedgefield Community College (although I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is withdrawn for disposal once the schools break up later this month) while 24002 is dumped in the area of the yard commonly known as the 'Dead Row' with its front panel removed.
I know some have made it into service on occasion but I would agree they either moving to another depot or company or more likely getting scrapped. I think if they was any long term plans for them they would have been painted into the new livery by now but the fact they still have the X24 branding on them points to them likely going to be scrapped within the next few weeks.   

saying that they would have worked decent on the likes of the 10 12 and 36 37 38 which at times do need higher capacity buses.
Does anyone know how long the gas buses at Sunderland have left in service, as the first batch are 10 years old next year. I was just wondering, how long left they may have left in service?

Half of them sound horrendous already...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Jul 2022, 3:41 pm)stagecoachfan wrote Anyone know where the hydrogen double decker is off to? It was seen being towed out of Stockton depot this afternoon by a tow truck

It's due to go down South to Brighton & Hove for some trials following completion of the ones here in the North East.

https://cbwmagazine.com/ricardo-repowers...uel-cells/
(14 Jul 2022, 3:49 pm)Malarkey wrote It's due to go down South to Brighton & Hove for some trials following completion of the ones here in the North East.

https://cbwmagazine.com/ricardo-repowers...uel-cells/
"Ricardo is seeking to offer the hydrogen fuel cell re-powered vehicles at around half the price of a new bus, significantly reducing the upfront investment required whilst also avoiding up to 45,000kg of carbon dioxide emissions by extending the life of existing buses rather than building from new. The aim is to secure 50% match funding investment plus customer commitment for an initial production of 150 buses, which could enter service from late 2024."

so if in theory SNE decided to re-engine the ALX300s,1st gen E300s,any E300s before the 2014 batches and E400s before the hybrid E400Hs thats probably a good 60 to 70 vehicles that Ricardo can prove themselves on, and it also saves stagecoach forking out money on new buses which they seem to love doing in the case of the northeast, im wondering if that's why we still using buses that are nearly 20 years old when for example hull is using SP08 batch E300s as trainers
(14 Jul 2022, 5:04 pm)toward6931 wrote "Ricardo is seeking to offer the hydrogen fuel cell re-powered vehicles at around half the price of a new bus, significantly reducing the upfront investment required whilst also avoiding up to 45,000kg of carbon dioxide emissions by extending the life of existing buses rather than building from new. The aim is to secure 50% match funding investment plus customer commitment for an initial production of 150 buses, which could enter service from late 2024."

so if in theory SNE decided to re-engine the ALX300s,1st gen E300s,any E300s before the 2014 batches and E400s before the hybrid E400Hs thats probably a good 60 to 70 vehicles that Ricardo can prove themselves on, and it also saves stagecoach forking out money on new buses which they seem to love doing in the case of the northeast, im wondering if that's why we still using buses that are nearly 20 years old when for example hull is using SP08 batch E300s as trainers

I'd somewhat disagree with this statement given there hasn't been investment in new buses in the North East for almost 3 years (2019) with the last new vehicles before that coming in 2016, the last time there was a large investment in new buses was between 2013 to 2015 when Sunderland got the ADL E200's/Gas E300's and Stockton got E300's, South Shields also got E200's then compare that to other areas such as Manchester and ops up in Scotland which get investment year on year whereas Sunderland have had nothing now for 9 years, I would've thought there would've been further investment in the meantime to make Sunderland fully gas operational which was part of the original plan iirc.

Elsewhere Hartlepool depot have never had new buses to my memory and just get cast-offs from other local depots and it's shocking to think we still have 19 year old ALX300's operating daily on Newcastle Express Service to Throckley/Kingston Park and due to be transferred to Stockton ahead of the Emission Zone coming into effect if hasn't been pushed back again.
(14 Jul 2022, 6:33 pm)Malarkey wrote I'd somewhat disagree with this statement given there hasn't been investment in new buses in the North East for almost 3 years (2019) with the last new vehicles before that coming in 2016, the last time there was a large investment in new buses was between 2013 to 2015 when Sunderland got the ADL E200's/Gas E300's and Stockton got E300's, South Shields also got E200's then compare that to other areas such as Manchester and ops up in Scotland which get investment year on year whereas Sunderland have had nothing now for 9 years, I would've thought there would've been further investment in the meantime to make Sunderland fully gas operational which was part of the original plan iirc.

Elsewhere Hartlepool depot have never had new buses to my memory and just get cast-offs from other local depots and it's shocking to think we still have 19 year old ALX300's operating daily on Newcastle Express Service to Throckley/Kingston Park and due to be transferred to Stockton ahead of the Emission Zone coming into effect if hasn't been pushed back again.

Last time Hartlepool got new buses was the 396xx series back in 2008
Hartlepool desperately needs new buses. The majority of the 08 plate enviros sound knackered and still blow out a load of smoke from the exhaust. The E200 are not much better either. The darts seem to be the only reliable buses there.
(14 Jul 2022, 6:33 pm)Malarkey wrote I'd somewhat disagree with this statement given there hasn't been investment in new buses in the North East for almost 3 years (2019) with the last new vehicles before that coming in 2016, the last time there was a large investment in new buses was between 2013 to 2015 when Sunderland got the ADL E200's/Gas E300's and Stockton got E300's, South Shields also got E200's then compare that to other areas such as Manchester and ops up in Scotland which get investment year on year whereas Sunderland have had nothing now for 9 years, I would've thought there would've been further investment in the meantime to make Sunderland fully gas operational which was part of the original plan iirc.

As far as I'm aware they're still trying to get money for Hydrogen buses in the Middlesbrough area. No point really buying loads of new buses if they're going to be displaced after a year or so, similar for Arriva no doubt down there.

I know the 36 was one of the first to be done which will release a large number of Enviro 200 MMC's to displace other stuff and no doubt there's going to be frequency cuts in Hartlepool, Sunderland and Teesside which haven't come in yet at some point which will no doubt see off most the ALX 300's. I know the 18 and 30 in Sunderland/South Tyneside are pretty much done for unless there's been a change in heart as they were going until the funding was extended.

that statement was meant in a slightly satirical tone
(15 Jul 2022, 3:49 am)atlantean560 wrote Not sure if its been reported but seems 19205 and 19179 have made the move to Walkergate, there again I have been on holiday so may have missed it happening .
This could be to help with the metro line closure with the 317 going double deck
(15 Jul 2022, 3:49 am)atlantean560 wrote Not sure if its been reported but seems 19205 and 19179 have made the move to Walkergate, there again I have been on holiday so may have missed it happening .

They’ve been there over a month now they we’re swapped for 19388 and 19430 which are at Slatyford now
From Alex Cunningham:

No. 38 Stagecoach Service.
Constituents living on and around the Glebe have been in touch regarding the Sat/Sun No. 38 service which is currently running as an hourly service - as opposed to the half hourly service prior to the first lockdown.
After speaking to the Managing Director of Stagecoach North East I have been informed that, while they are not quite in a position to reverse the weekends just yet, the company is looking at August to resume the half-hourly service, depending on recruitment and staffing.

Here's hoping for August for services to resume!