Menu

Pages (90)    118 19 2090   
toward6931   05 Sep 2022, 10:13 pm
(05 Sep 2022, 9:49 pm)Benny wrote Isn't the hydrogen decker due in soon for a trial or is that no longer a thing?

Would love to see a 36s Saturday and Sunday service connecting the route hourly to Teesside Park, go via Thornaby rail station rather than Tees Barrage so it's not stepping too much on Arrivas toes (Teesside Park seems fair game since Tees Flex and Arriva go there regular). and it be decker operated maybe.
i think its moved on now somewhere down south
glen   05 Sep 2022, 10:19 pm
Yes that right mate
toward6931   06 Sep 2022, 4:40 pm
(05 Sep 2022, 10:13 pm)toward6931 wrote i think its moved on now somewhere down south
yes I think mid July it went down to Brighton and hove
Kuyoyo   07 Sep 2022, 11:56 am
(02 Sep 2022, 8:07 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yes Stagecoach I believe are operating 3 routes this year for UTC college.
They ran one from Yarm & Stockton last year.
Additionally Stockton also operate two routes to Sedgefield School

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless there is an error in Bus Times, it appears there are 4 UTC routes being operated by Stagecoach this year

The previous route between Eaglescliffe and UTC remains but is now joined by a second route from Eaglescliffe, which starts further down towards Yarm at Butts Lane (the original route starts at the Golf Club) and shares the same route as far as Ropner Park when the new service runs via Hartburn Village, Green Lane, Farifield Road, Rimswell Road, Darlington Back Lane, Harrowgate Lane, Durham Road, A1027, Wolviston Road, A689, Wynyard Service Station, A689 Coal Lane, A689 Hartlepool Road, The Wynd, Wynyard Woods, The Wynd, A689 Hartlepool Road and A689 Sedgefield Bypass before sharing the same route from Bradbury to UTC as the original via the A1(M).
The third Stockton-operated service runs from Hundens Park to UTC via Hundens Lane, Yarm Road, Neasham Road, Geneva Road, Yarm Road, A66, Neasham Road, Hurworth, Hurworth Road, Croft-on-Tees, Tees View, Croft Road, Carmel Road South, Carmel Road North, Woodland Road, Cockerton Green, Prior Street, West Auckland Road, Coatsay Moor Lane, Heighington, Redworth Road, Heighington Lane and Long Tens Way.
UTC - Eaglescliffe - Thornaby - South Durham UTC – Stagecoach North East – bustimes.org

Addiitonally, Hartlepool are operating a fourth UTC from Hartlepool to UTC via Foggy Furze, Rifthouse, West Park, Throston Grange, West View, Hart Station, Crimdon Dene, Blackhall Rocks, Horden, Little Thorpe, Easington Village, Haswell, Easington Lane, Hetton-le-Hill, High Pittington, Low Pittington, Belmont, Durham City Retail Park, Rennys Lane Tesco Extra, Sherburn Village, Byers Garth, Bowburn Hall, Bowburn Co-op, Coxhoe, Kelloe, Town Kelloe, Trimdon Grange, Trimdon Village Crossroads, Fishburn, Sedgefield and Bradbury.
UTC - Hartlepool - Easington Lane – Stagecoach North East – bustimes.org
UTCC - Easington Lane - South Durham UTC – Stagecoach North East – bustimes.org
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lolpest   07 Sep 2022, 12:20 pm
(07 Sep 2022, 11:56 am)Kuyoyo wrote Unless there is an error in Bus Times, it appears there are 4 UTC routes being operated by Stagecoach this year

The previous route between Eaglescliffe and UTC remains but is now joined by a second route from Eaglescliffe, which starts further down towards Yarm at Butts Lane (the original route starts at the Golf Club) and shares the same route as far as Ropner Park when the new service runs via Hartburn Village, Green Lane, Farifield Road, Rimswell Road, Darlington Back Lane, Harrowgate Lane, Durham Road, A1027, Wolviston Road, A689, Wynyard Service Station, A689 Coal Lane, A689 Hartlepool Road, The Wynd, Wynyard Woods, The Wynd, A689 Hartlepool Road and A689 Sedgefield Bypass before sharing the same route from Bradbury to UTC as the original via the A1(M).
The third Stockton-operated service runs from Hundens Park to UTC via Hundens Lane, Yarm Road, Neasham Road, Geneva Road, Yarm Road, A66, Neasham Road, Hurworth, Hurworth Road, Croft-on-Tees, Tees View, Croft Road, Carmel Road South, Carmel Road North, Woodland Road, Cockerton Green, Prior Street, West Auckland Road, Coatsay Moor Lane, Heighington, Redworth Road, Heighington Lane and Long Tens Way.
UTC - Eaglescliffe - Thornaby - South Durham UTC – Stagecoach North East – bustimes.org

Addiitonally, Hartlepool are operating a fourth UTC from Hartlepool to UTC via Foggy Furze, Rifthouse, West Park, Throston Grange, West View, Hart Station, Crimdon Dene, Blackhall Rocks, Horden, Little Thorpe, Easington Village, Haswell, Easington Lane, Hetton-le-Hill, High Pittington, Low Pittington, Belmont, Durham City Retail Park, Rennys Lane Tesco Extra, Sherburn Village, Byers Garth, Bowburn Hall, Bowburn Co-op, Coxhoe, Kelloe, Town Kelloe, Trimdon Grange, Trimdon Village Crossroads, Fishburn, Sedgefield and Bradbury.
What is the point in this UTC? These routes could actually be really good if they were actual routes for Public service.

(07 Sep 2022, 11:56 am)Kuyoyo wrote Unless there is an error in Bus Times, it appears there are 4 UTC routes being operated by Stagecoach this year

Finally a service uses that Road next to Heron Foods
Lolpest   07 Sep 2022, 12:33 pm
There is also a service named;
UTCC operated by Hartlepool depot BNY is on the route now
Dans_bus_photos   07 Sep 2022, 4:41 pm
39719 is working from Sunderland today and is on the 23. Not sure if its a loan or transfer though
tcts24   08 Sep 2022, 9:04 am
Apparently nobody had a decker to spare for Hartlepool so 36093 is the dedicated bus for UTC
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kuyoyo   08 Sep 2022, 10:25 am
Seems there's an error on Bus Times (and also on Stagecoach's website) - there's only one UTC service from Eaglescliffe, the current one. Meaning, Stockton operate 2 - the Eaglescliffe and Darlington trips, yesterday afternoon using 2 MMCs (although they didn't track as UTC) and of course Hartlepool are using 36093 (likely the only vehicle at Hartlepool to have had the screen update to have UTC programmed in - since Hartlepool's fleet still have the September 2020 update loaded in, so still state 'Face Masks Required')

(08 Sep 2022, 9:04 am)tcts24 wrote Apparently nobody had a decker to spare for Hartlepool so 36093 is the dedicated bus for UTC

Likelihood is that there isn't a spare decker in the region - Newcastle have their own scholars to cover, likewise South Shields and Sunderland. Stockton, of course, seem to be using their E400s on service work rather than UTCs, given 19680 has spent the last two days on a 58 board that also works the first 35 into Stockton.
tcts24   08 Sep 2022, 10:40 am
Hartlepool's destinations have been updated at the weekend. I now find myself with an option of using "7 Hartlepool Town Centre" (from Owton Manor) or strangely "7 Hartlepool Town Centre" (from Clavering).
Lollist   09 Sep 2022, 7:01 am
I don't get why they don't run these deckers on the school run on the 35?
Benny   09 Sep 2022, 9:23 am
(09 Sep 2022, 7:01 am)Lollist wrote I don't get why they don't run these deckers on the school run on the 35?

Because for the rest of the day the 35 would probably cope using Optare Solos?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
54APhotography   09 Sep 2022, 2:25 pm
12078 had a coming together with a bus stop on Blackett Street this morning.
col87   09 Sep 2022, 4:10 pm
(08 Sep 2022, 10:40 am)tcts24 wrote Hartlepool's destinations have been updated at the weekend. I now find myself with an option of using "7 Hartlepool Town Centre" (from Owton Manor) or strangely "7 Hartlepool Town Centre" (from Clavering).
It’s been like that since 2018 though.
Lollist   09 Sep 2022, 5:18 pm
(09 Sep 2022, 9:23 am)Benny wrote Because for the rest of the day the 35 would probably cope using Optare Solos?
Yes ik that bus Double deckers around the country are empty anyway most days but this morning and yesterday was absolutely ridiculous bus driver was getting all angry because imaprentlt we had to "move back" bear in mind we were standing from the back of the bus to the doors at he front of this tiny e300 it was absolutely shocking the bus driver kept shouting got out of his cab just to realise that we couldn't move back. It is getting ridiculous especially with the 50 new year sevens
toward6931   09 Sep 2022, 5:38 pm
(09 Sep 2022, 5:18 pm)Lollist wrote Yes ik that bus Double deckers around the country are empty anyway most days but this morning and yesterday was absolutely ridiculous bus driver was getting all angry because imaprentlt we had to "move back" bear in mind we were standing from the back of the bus to the doors at he front of this tiny e300 it was absolutely shocking the bus driver kept shouting got out of his cab just to realise that we couldn't move back. It is getting ridiculous especially with the 50 new year sevens
to be honest after COVID a lot of divisions are actually trying to get bigger vehicles and it does make sense, two or three of the divisions down south  (south downs  covering parts of HANTS and surrey was one i believe  i believe though i could be wrong) has pretty much got rid of or are in the process of trying to most of its mini buses and traded them for midi buses, when i worked at slatyford one of the engineers said unless there's a specific problem with a vehicle the fuel efficiency will only go down with age and the load it is carrying.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lollist   09 Sep 2022, 5:56 pm
(09 Sep 2022, 5:38 pm)toward6931 wrote to be honest after COVID a lot of divisions are actually trying to get bigger vehicles and it does make sense, two or three of the divisions down south  (south downs  covering parts of HANTS and surrey was one i believe  i believe though i could be wrong) has pretty much got rid of or are in the process of trying to most of its mini buses and traded them for midi buses, when i worked at slatyford one of the engineers said unless there's a specific problem with a vehicle the fuel efficiency will only go down with age and the load it is carrying.
Wha they could do is get a batch of Solo/Sr up to Stockton and Pools pools cma run them on most services and Stocktin can use them for the 58/59/61
Storx   09 Sep 2022, 6:50 pm
I don't know much about these 35 runs but it sounds like there should be a dedicated school bus running on it imo.

Something like the 28S which duplicates the 28 with GNE - https://bustimes.org/services/28s-pelton-birtley
Lollist   09 Sep 2022, 7:46 pm
Yes but the 35 isn't Meant to be a school route the school runs are 7:52 and 15:00 runs from Stockton-Wplviston Court stopping at Northfield School and Sports College . During the day it is quite empty but can get quite full during the day
tyresmoke   10 Sep 2022, 7:47 am
(09 Sep 2022, 7:46 pm)Lollist wrote Yes but the 35 isn't Meant to be a school route the school runs are 7:52 and 15:00 runs from Stockton-Wplviston Court stopping at Northfield School and Sports College . During the day it is quite empty but can get quite full during the day

That’s been like that for many years, even when I used to drive them 10 years ago. Could do with a duplicate but who’s going to pay for the extra bus & driver required? Stagecoach won’t so it won’t happen. There are equal problems where other services hit schools at finish time, the 12, 36, 52, 59, 61 all have similar issues.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lollist   10 Sep 2022, 8:23 pm
(10 Sep 2022, 7:47 am)tyresmoke wrote That’s been like that for many years, even when I used to drive them 10 years ago. Could do with a duplicate but who’s going to pay for the extra bus & driver required? Stagecoach won’t so it won’t happen. There are equal problems where other services hit schools at finish time, the 12, 36, 52, 59, 61 all have similar issues.

Ooo u used yo be rx bus driver?
Kuyoyo   12 Sep 2022, 8:16 am
As confirmed by Lee Wardle on Buses Northeast Facebook group, further MAN E300s due to transfer from Carlisle are 22885 (SP09 DSE), 24122 (PX59 AZL) and 24169 (PO59 MXC).
tcts24   12 Sep 2022, 9:36 am
(09 Sep 2022, 4:10 pm)col87 wrote It’s been like that since 2018 though.
Really? I'd never noticed until last week. I saw a "7 Hartlepool Town Centre" and used that in the past and don't remember an option of where I'm coming from. But then it's only been the past month I've been doing those runs multiple times per day.
toward6931   12 Sep 2022, 9:18 pm
(12 Sep 2022, 8:16 am)Kuyoyo wrote As confirmed by Lee Wardle on Buses Northeast Facebook group, further MAN E300s due to transfer from Carlisle are 22885 (SP09 DSE), 24122 (PX59 AZL) and 24169 (PO59 MXC).
well at the current rate at least we can look forward to 2027-2029 when we have 35 odd vehicles that are 20 odd years old to replace
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
beefcake   12 Sep 2022, 9:24 pm
(12 Sep 2022, 9:36 am)tcts24 wrote Really? I'd never noticed until last week. I saw a "7 Hartlepool Town Centre" and used that in the past and don't remember an option of where I'm coming from. But then it's only been the past month I've been doing those runs multiple times per day.

Before the 6 was reintroduced between town and Clavering on a night the 2155 service 7 from The Headland only operated as far as the college of FE Sunday to Thursday evening
toward6931   12 Sep 2022, 9:52 pm
are 10651, 11283 and 11284 permanently transferred to south shields or sunderland? they feel like they have been there ages

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184063238@...9aJLxFpHu8
https://www.flickr.com/photos/184063238@...gubJAKaASo
https://www.flickr.com/photos/184063238@...5k6eDiIUOI
N391OTY   12 Sep 2022, 11:01 pm
(12 Sep 2022, 9:52 pm)toward6931 wrote are 10651,  11283 and 11284 permanently transferred to south shields or sunderland? they feel like they have been there ages

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184063238@...9aJLxFpHu8
https://www.flickr.com/photos/184063238@...gubJAKaASo
https://www.flickr.com/photos/184063238@...5k6eDiIUOI

Looking at BUSTIMES for 7 September, the date of your photos, they are still allocated to Newcastle depots but venture south of the Tyne to work scholars' services. The rest of the day they are back on their usual routes.
tcts24   13 Sep 2022, 9:47 am
(12 Sep 2022, 9:24 pm)beefcake wrote Before the 6 was reintroduced between town and Clavering on a night the 2155 service 7 from The Headland only operated as far as the college of FE Sunday to Thursday evening
It's the destination choices I'm getting at, not the route. Before last week I sure I only had one "7 Hartlepool Town Centre" to use rather than the choice of "from Owton Manor" and "from Clavering" that we have now.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Economic505   13 Sep 2022, 12:21 pm
(13 Sep 2022, 9:47 am)tcts24 wrote It's the destination choices I'm getting at, not the route. Before last week I sure I only had one "7 Hartlepool Town Centre" to use rather than the choice of "from Owton Manor" and "from Clavering" that we have now.
Definitely not a recent change. The ‘7’ is my local route and in Hartlepool.
Kuyoyo   13 Sep 2022, 12:30 pm
(13 Sep 2022, 12:21 pm)Economic505 wrote Definitely not a recent change. The ‘7’ is my local route and in Hartlepool.

He's referring to the fact that previously, there was only one 'Hartlepool Town Centre' option in the destination list whereas now there's the option for one 'from Owton Manor' and one 'from The Headland' - more so linked to the fact Hartlepool share a list with Stockton who, due to the MMCs having next stop announcements, have similar on a number of their cross-town services (36/37/38 and their numerous 'Stockton' screens).
Pages (90)    118 19 2090