Menu

Pages (34)    131 32 33 34   
streetdeckfan   22 Aug 2021, 2:12 pm
Whilst I'm sure this is not supposed to amuse me, while sifting through the survey responses we got for a job we're working on, I noticed that quite a few people mentioned that they were unable to access this particular place because the bus never turns up. I look the address up on Google Maps and guess which operator runs the buses in that area...

You've guessed it, GCT!
streetdeckfan   08 Feb 2022, 5:08 pm
So, after seeing all the drama on the news about Jimmy Carr's Netflix special, I decided to watch it to see what the fuss was about.
I'm not usually one to like stand-up shows, but I thought it was bloody hilarious, and as usual everything was blown out of proportion!
It's nowhere near as offensive as I thought it would have been given the backlash, I've seen far worse things!

If you're in to dark humour, I'd definitely recommend giving it a watch, if you're a 'snowflake', I'd probably give it a swerve (or just watch and be offended)
Andreos1   11 Feb 2022, 2:19 pm
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...9995481366&id=1421886029&sfnsn=scwspmo

Very rude!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
BusLoverMum   13 Feb 2022, 12:24 am
(11 Feb 2022, 2:19 pm)Andreos1 wrote https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...9995481366&id=1421886029&sfnsn=scwspmo

Very rude!
So rude the link isn't working.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   13 Feb 2022, 9:55 am
(13 Feb 2022, 12:24 am)BusLoverMum wrote So rude the link isn't working.
Ah man. 
Will try again.

Edit. Won't work for some reason. Link works elsewhere, but dead page when I share it here. https://www.facebook.com/1421886029/post...995481366/

Andreos1   24 May 2022, 7:47 am
Another member of the clique.
He's had a few mentions already, but this dig at the people some of his 10percenters rely on to spread the good word, made me chuckle.
https://twitter.com/BusAndTrainUser/stat...WQF6ITINSQ&s=19
The rucksack camera wielding first footers have long gone; now it’s time for the suits, lanyards, name badges and PR execs.

Heading for Reston - Britain’s newest railway station.

solsburian   24 May 2022, 6:50 pm
Getting off the X7 at Seghill just before I said my usual thank you to the driver and he replied "Thank you, Sir". The last person to call me Sir got a bit of telling off (at work) Big Grin .
BusLoverMum   29 May 2022, 10:20 pm
My new avatar. C/o someone on the sewing forum I frequent who shared this. 

https://www.auxx.me/camouflage-knitwear-...seph-ford/
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
TEN 6083   03 Sep 2022, 5:11 pm
[Image: a4364f2273144c4d3c58485ff5f423a5.jpg]

Saw this on the way home today from Newcastle while on the bus

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan   03 Sep 2022, 5:19 pm
(03 Sep 2022, 5:11 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: a4364f2273144c4d3c58485ff5f423a5.jpg]

Saw this on the way home today from Newcastle while on the bus

Yeah, Blaydon is a joke!
TEN 6083   11 Sep 2022, 1:19 am
Seen someone complaining on GNE’s Facebook page about the 35 that they’re using old buses (mostly 11 plate Versas) and calling the SD Cherry Citaros “newer buses” when they’re 08 plates.

Here’s their comment:

Any reason why the majority of the 35 service is now old style buses which can only cater for 1 pushchair/wheelchair? School runs this week have been impossible, we rely on the bus for school as our son can walk long distances due to disabilities but every day there and back there is already another school run parent with a pushchair using this space,
It's confusing as you have cut many services but have gone back to using old buses when surely that should make more sufficient buses available? the 35 has always generally been the newer buses which caters for 2 pushchairs. How long are these old buses going to be used for?

Unber43   11 Sep 2022, 9:53 am
(11 Sep 2022, 1:19 am)TEN 6083 wrote Seen someone complaining on GNE’s Facebook page about the 35 that they’re using old buses (mostly 11 plate Versas) and calling the SD Cherry Citaros “newer buses” when they’re 08 plates.

Here’s their comment:

Any reason why the majority of the 35 service is now old style buses which can only cater for 1 pushchair/wheelchair? School runs this week have been impossible, we rely on the bus for school as our son can walk long distances due to disabilities but every day there and back there is already another school run parent with a pushchair using this space,
It's confusing as you have cut many services but have gone back to using old buses when surely that should make more sufficient buses available? the 35 has always generally been the newer buses which caters for 2 pushchairs. How long are these old buses going to be used for?

But to anyone who doesn't read the plates the Citaros are a hell of a lot nicer than any versa's, probably on par with the ex-QuayCity versa's. 

But they're referencing to 5507/8 I think which only have one wheelchair bay, and no buggy bay.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   11 Sep 2022, 4:27 pm
As I've said before, I care more about the interior spec than the age of a vehicle. I'd happily take a refurbished Omnidekka with tables, 240V sockets, and comfy seats over Arriva's new E400s!
Unber43   11 Sep 2022, 4:58 pm
(11 Sep 2022, 4:27 pm)streetdeckfan wrote As I've said before, I care more about the interior spec than the age of a vehicle. I'd happily take a refurbished Omnidekka with tables, 240V sockets, and comfy seats over Arriva's new E400s!
I totally agree. 

Some of the interior of GNE "normal service" buses are awful, the Optares especially the insides of the 10-11 Plates, they de-colour to an awful yellow.
Adrian   11 Sep 2022, 7:14 pm
(11 Sep 2022, 1:19 am)TEN 6083 wrote Seen someone complaining on GNE’s Facebook page about the 35 that they’re using old buses (mostly 11 plate Versas) and calling the SD Cherry Citaros “newer buses” when they’re 08 plates.

Here’s their comment:

The Citaros look like a more modern bus, both inside and out. The Versa is a design that hasn't really aged well, plus the interiors (even the Berries ones that were re-trimmed) look extremely scruffy. Have a look at one of the ceilings next time you're on one. 

The Versas can cater for two pushchairs or one wheelchair though, so I'm not sure what their complaint is in that respect.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Clifton Hignett III   11 Sep 2022, 7:43 pm
(11 Sep 2022, 7:14 pm)Adrian wrote The Citaros look like a more modern bus, both inside and out. The Versa is a design that hasn't really aged well, plus the interiors (even the Berries ones that were re-trimmed) look extremely scruffy. Have a look at one of the ceilings next time you're on one. 

The Versas can cater for two pushchairs or one wheelchair though, so I'm not sure what their complaint is in that respect.

I think you get what you pay for, Aurelion.

In terms of cars, (and as a Daewoo enthusiast - it pains me to say it) Mercedes is more prestigious than a Daewoo with better interior build quality and a German engine to boot. In a similar context, I would imagine Mercedes build better buses than Optare with the Citaro being superior to the Versa in terms of build quality. To maintain a Daewoo is a labour of love whilst even a tatty looking Mercedes still looks classy.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   11 Sep 2022, 8:12 pm
(11 Sep 2022, 7:14 pm)Adrian wrote The Citaros look like a more modern bus, both inside and out. The Versa is a design that hasn't really aged well, plus the interiors (even the Berries ones that were re-trimmed) look extremely scruffy. Have a look at one of the ceilings next time you're on one. 

As Unber43 pointed out, 5507/08 (plus 8347) only have the wheelchair bay on the drivers side and general seating on the opposite side with 8347 additionally having a small luggage bay instead of the sideways seats next to the door (much like how Transdev have spec'd their examples).
streetdeckfan   19 Sep 2022, 10:33 am
I'd hate to be that guy that dropped the paper at the funeral!
Andreos1   19 Sep 2022, 11:11 am
(19 Sep 2022, 10:33 am)streetdeckfan wrote I'd hate to be that guy that dropped the paper at the funeral!

Was his shopping list.

Zoomed in and managed to work out he was after:
2 pints of milk 
White sliced loaf
20 B&H 
A copy of Razzle

tcts24   07 Oct 2022, 4:41 pm
There's some great admin responses to comments on a post promoting concessionary pass use
.jpg
stag.jpg (Size 144.04 KB Downloads 19)
.jpg
stag2.jpg (Size 151.62 KB Downloads 15)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   07 Oct 2022, 6:31 pm
Wow. Not a great way to win customer loyalty.
Michael   07 Oct 2022, 6:44 pm
(07 Oct 2022, 4:41 pm)tcts24 wrote There's some great admin responses to comments on a post promoting concessionary pass use

Sure that's a fake account replying.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   07 Oct 2022, 7:08 pm
(07 Oct 2022, 6:44 pm)Michael wrote Sure that's a fake account replying.

Aye, 'customer support' is a well known spoof/troll account.

https://www.facebook.com/theamazingtrollman

Unber43   14 Oct 2022, 9:29 pm
I saw on twitter that GNE are running a full page add for bus drivers, and I thought it was hilarious that the person they were using had apparently left GNE according to the comments.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   15 Dec 2022, 1:14 pm
https://twitter.com/creatingdesire/statu...hhOZ86JyNQ&s=19

The sweet, sweet delicious irony! Made me chuckle anyway. Nearly choked on my fizzy pop.

TEN 6083   21 Jan 2023, 3:52 pm
https://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/23...e-service/

Looking on Facebook this afternoon and see this article from the Hexham Courant and it’s my photo I took last October, they could’ve asked at least and not take them without permission and they’ve credited it to Stagecoach. Cheeky sods.

https://flic.kr/p/2nViZgX

BusLoverMum   21 Jan 2023, 7:11 pm
(21 Jan 2023, 3:52 pm)TEN 6083 wrote https://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/23...e-service/

Looking on Facebook this afternoon and see this article from the Hexham Courant and it’s my photo I took last October, they could’ve asked at least and not take them without permission and they’ve credited it to Stagecoach. Cheeky sods.

https://flic.kr/p/2nViZgX

They didn't even get the name of one of the bus companies right, in the caption.
Andreos1   27 Jan 2023, 1:23 pm
Davey Bowyer will be all over this!

No Volvo Olympian though,

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   27 Jan 2023, 7:42 pm
Rolig Big Grin
solsburian   16 Feb 2023, 10:12 pm
Encountered a driver at Blyth Bus Station who I'm aware seems to be friendly/slightly flirtatious. Too bad he wears a wedding ring Dodgy
Pages (34)    131 32 33 34