You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

GNE Questions about fleet withdrawals/buses VOR/fleet questions

RE: GNE Questions about fleet withdrawals/buses VOR/fleet questions
Dan do you have any idea what is going on with these:

5408 (Country Ranger 78) - Hasn't been on since the 23rd of July
5463 (Corporate) - 22nd July
5504 (Corporate) - 19th July
8306 (Corporate) - 14 July (With this being a 09 plate versa this could have been withdrawn)
Have 635 & 636 (Hadrian's Wall Buses) been put away for storage till next year or have they been withdrawn?
5387 (Quaucity Versa) Hasn't been in service since August 20th
5451 (Orbit) - Hasnt been in service since 30th August
8311 & 8315 (Corporate Versa) - Have these 10 plate versa's on VOR or withdrawn?
5335 (Violet) - 21st Sept
5327 (Violet) - 30th Sept
5373 (Drifter) - 26th Sept - 5373 has had a massive amount of downtime over the past 4/5 month.
5386 (Quaycity) - 2nd Sept
5388 (Quaycity) - 23rd Sept
5391 (East Durham Explorer) - 20th Sept
5461 (Corporate) - 13th Sept
5501 (X66) - 10st Sept
6063 (Durham Diamond) - 9th Sept
6310 (X21) - 3rd Sept
6324 (Angel) - 10th Sept.

So Dan if you know what's happened to these especially the ones which have been off July/August?
(10 Oct 2022, 5:10 pm)nova347 wrote Dan do you have any idea what is going on with these:

5408 (Country Ranger 78) - Hasn't been on since the 23rd of July
5463 (Corporate) - 22nd July
5504 (Corporate) - 19th July
8306 (Corporate) - 14 July (With this being a 09 plate versa this could have been withdrawn)
Have 635 & 636 (Hadrian's Wall Buses) been put away for storage till next year or have they been withdrawn?
5387 (Quaucity Versa) Hasn't been in service since August 20th
5451 (Orbit) - Hasnt been in service since 30th August
8311 & 8315 (Corporate Versa) - Have these 10 plate versa's on VOR or withdrawn?
5335 (Violet) - 21st Sept
5327 (Violet) - 30th Sept
5373 (Drifter) - 26th Sept - 5373 has had a massive amount of downtime over the past 4/5 month.
5386 (Quaycity) - 2nd Sept
5388 (Quaycity) - 23rd Sept
5391 (East Durham Explorer) - 20th Sept
5461 (Corporate) - 13th Sept
5501 (X66) - 10st Sept
6063 (Durham Diamond) - 9th Sept
6310 (X21) - 3rd Sept
6324 (Angel) - 10th Sept.

So Dan if you know what's happened to these especially the ones which have been off July/August?
Violet's may be off for debranding ,
(10 Oct 2022, 6:09 pm)Retro Nero wrote Violet's may be off for debranding ,
Its only replacing the Doxford Park & Houghton

Replace that with Dalton Park, Murton & possibly Easington
(10 Oct 2022, 5:10 pm)nova347 wrote Dan do you have any idea what is going on with these:

5408 - Seen at Consett 2nd Sept with front end panels missing

5463 - Looked to be getting a new engine fitted at Riverside when I seen it a few days ago

5387 - Possibly one of the 2 mothballed at Chester

8306 - Parked at top of Riverside looks to be withdrawn

8311 - Parked on back fence at Riverside with rear bumper removed looks to be withdrawn

8315 - Parked behind 8306 looks to be withdrawn

5386 - Mothballed at Chester possibly

6310 - Unsure on this one not seen it at Riverside so might be at Volvo

6324 - Parked on back fence at Riverside, front panel missing looks to have been towed in
Views and Opinions are my own
3 vehicles which were in store at Chester Le Street have arrived for further storage at Deptford. There are 2 09 plate Versas with no fleet names or numbers and a Citaro (5286 I believe).

These have been vandalised whilst in storage hence the move.

.jpg 20221017_132209.jpg
(17 Oct 2022, 4:08 pm)morritt89 wrote 3 vehicles which were in store at Chester Le Street have arrived for further storage at Deptford. There are 2 09 plate Versas with no fleet names or numbers and a Citaro (5286 I believe).

Doesn't seem like they did a very good job at vandalising them!
I would have smashed way more windows than that!
(17 Oct 2022, 4:28 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Doesn't seem like they did a very good job at vandalising them!
I would have smashed way more windows than that!

The Merc was all the nearside windows gone but didn't get a photo of that one.
(17 Oct 2022, 4:08 pm)morritt89 wrote 3 vehicles which were in store at Chester Le Street have arrived for further storage at Deptford. There are 2 09 plate Versas with no fleet names or numbers and a Citaro (5286 I believe).

When I went past on the X21 i'm pretty sure there was some security. Mustn’t be doing a very good job. 

Wonder if any of the Cherrys or Graphites Parked up there have been hit too. 

09 Plate Versa's look like they're ready to go, they just need a buyer, they are only 13 year old, some of the older deckers are nearly 20!
Site Administrator
(18 Oct 2022, 4:11 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Are they waiting until they get vandalised to move them??

The buses were vandalised a couple weeks ago. The site fully closes and keys handed back this Sunday, which is the reason they are moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18 Oct 2022, 4:32 pm)Dan wrote The buses were vandalised a couple weeks ago. The site fully closes and keys handed back this Sunday, which is the reason they are moving.

Have they flogged it already?
(18 Oct 2022, 4:35 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Have they flogged it already?

Wonder if it was just leased?

So with GNE losing the contracts for the 40/40A etc where are the brand new 18 plate Solos going?

Also another thing I noticed is the prices of tickets have been scrubbed off buses
(18 Oct 2022, 5:49 pm)Unber43 wrote So with GNE losing the contracts for the 40/40A etc where are the brand new 18 plate Solos going?

Also another thing I noticed is the prices of tickets have been scrubbed off buses

When you say brand new, you mean buses that are 4 years old, so basically already at the half-way point
Are 6184/86/87 off the road at the minute or is bustimes telling fibs?

Are any of the G2s other than 6228 in use on the 900s yet?

And I think this might've been answered before but is the reason 6901-19 are up for disposal ahead of older omnis solely because they are dual doored? Always thought 6901-19 batch were smart looking vehicles for some reason.
(18 Oct 2022, 7:33 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Are 6184/86/87 off the road at the minute or is bustimes telling fibs?

Are any of the G2s other than 6228 in use on the 900s yet?

And I think this might've been answered before but is the reason 6901-19 are up for disposal ahead of older omnis solely because they are dual doored?  Always thought 6901-19 batch were smart looking vehicles for some reason.

6184 is smartly repainted at Deptford but hasn't been on the road in ages (if at all). It was missing the dash last week.
(19 Oct 2022, 9:56 am)itsadam wrote Does anyone know why pretty much all of their Enviro 400s were sat at Heworth yesterday?
Metro replacement terminus
The state of GNE fleet at the moment is just in disarray. 

Its disgraceful tbf.

Everything is all over the place. Numerous examples.
Looks like Plymouth have acquired some Solo's

647, 649, 651, 693 and 722 are the first five to go. Will be followed up by another five, and potentially another 5-8 after that

From Dan on the North East Bus Enthusiasts Facebook page.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Oct 2022, 5:49 pm)Unber43 wrote So with GNE losing the contracts for the 40/40A etc where are the brand new 18 plate Solos going?

I wonder if 715/716 could be used on the 74 in Hexham as they're Euro 6
(23 Oct 2022, 3:09 pm)peter wrote I wonder if 715/716 could be used on the 74 in Hexham as they're Euro 6
You need atleast a PVR 5. 

684 - 3 
74 -1 
Spare - 1 

And I am pretty sure the 74 need a larger vehicles on Friday & Saturdays
(23 Oct 2022, 3:16 pm)Unber43 wrote You need atleast a PVR 5. 

684 - 3 
74 -1 
Spare - 1 

And I am pretty sure the 74 need a larger vehicles on Friday & Saturdays

I'm aware you'd need something separate for the 684...I only mentioned the 74. 

Currently the 684 interworks with the 680/688 using 3 Versa's and the AD122/687 using 3 Solo's. So they're either gonna have to re-do the interworking pattern and have the 684 standalone with the Versa's or perhaps they could use some of the 83XX Euro 6 examples. 

I don't know what passenger numbers are like on the 74 (I'm sure somebody on here must know  Wink ) depends on if a normal solo ever gets full on the 74, if not then the Cathedral bus solo's surely must be an option. Do you use the service yourself?
(23 Oct 2022, 3:58 pm)peter wrote I'm aware you'd need something separate for the 684...I only mentioned the 74. 

Currently the 684 interworks with the 680/688 using 3 Versa's and the AD122/687 using 3 Solo's. So they're either gonna have to re-do the interworking pattern and have the 684 standalone with the Versa's or perhaps they could use some of the 83XX Euro 6 examples. 

I don't know what passenger numbers are like on the 74 (I'm sure somebody on here must know  Wink ) depends on if a normal solo ever gets full on the 74, if not then the Cathedral bus solo's surely must be an option. Do you use the service yourself?
No, however I remember someone mentioning that it used to be ran by a Sprinter during the week, but had to be upgraded to a Solo on a Saturday.
(23 Oct 2022, 4:02 pm)Unber43 wrote No, however I remember someone mentioning that it used to be ran by a Sprinter during the week, but had to be upgraded to a Solo on a Saturday.

The Sprinter has 16 seats, the Cathedral Solo's 23 seats and the Tynedale Links Solo's 29 seats - I doubt a Solo is full and standing on a Friday/Saturday so the Cathedral Solo would be the perfect medium between being a smaller vehicle to meet weekday demand but enough seats for the busier Friday/Saturday loads.
What are the loads of the 684? Does anyone know as if they're low the 3 Smaller Catherdral Solos could operate on them routes, leaving the 74 with something else if needed.
Site Administrator
(23 Oct 2022, 6:45 pm)Unber43 wrote What are the loads of the 684? Does anyone know as if they're low the 3 Smaller Catherdral Solos could operate on them routes, leaving the 74 with something else if needed.

I’d be very surprised if a service that was being allocated brand new double-decks twelve months ago now had passenger numbers so low that it could be allocated a mini Solo.

(23 Oct 2022, 7:07 pm)Dan wrote I’d be very surprised if a service that was being allocated brand new double-decks twelve months ago now had passenger numbers so low that it could be allocated a mini Solo.

X84/X85 had brand new double-deckers which were only because they were spare, I think they were orginally meant to get the old X21's. 

However the 684 I've never seen it busy and tbf a mini solo just had 6 less seats than a regular solo. The X85 from Eldon Square carries a decent load, really it should be upgraded to a decker running off a school contract.