You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Repaints into 2019 fleet livery

RE: Repaints into 2019 fleet livery
(22 Oct 2022, 5:14 pm)Aaron21 wrote MX07 BUV 6191 entered service on the 27 today

https://flic.kr/p/2nUvbgj

Much better.
Keep em coming, Saltmeadows, order in plenty more red and blue paint! 
Other than some black for around windows, throw out any other colours you have lying around.
Go North East Bus Repaints/Applied Adverts
For repaints and adverts being applied
Might of been said already,but 5480 appears to have gained a rear advert
Kind Regards
Tez
(25 Oct 2022, 6:50 pm)54APhotography wrote As the E400's and 6336 have blue panels below the windscreen, why don't the G2's? The bib carried by the dedicated buses and X lines would be ideal for a dash of blue to break up the red front..

Na, let’s hope they don’t give any more vehicles the PlayBus/Elma The Patchwork Elephant look.
Simple is smarter.
Site Administrator
(28 Jan 2023, 10:22 pm)Acky81 wrote About time the blond 664 was repainted. That brand is long gone as is the violets on the 61

664 is planned for repaint after the Quaycity Versa and will, at some point, transfer to Hexham (replacing 721). Likely to be March dependent on Nexus tender results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(29 Jan 2023, 5:35 am)Dan wrote 664 is planned for repaint after the Quaycity Versa and will, at some point, transfer to Hexham (replacing 721). Likely to be March dependent on Nexus tender results.

Noted 5401 parked at Saltmeadows in passing on Sunday, presume the Durham bid livery is to be removed.
(08 Feb 2023, 6:24 pm)54APhotography wrote Noted 5401 parked at Saltmeadows in passing on Sunday, presume the Durham bid livery is to be removed.
Its been out of service since early January
Site Administrator
(08 Feb 2023, 6:24 pm)54APhotography wrote Noted 5401 parked at Saltmeadows in passing on Sunday, presume the Durham bid livery is to be removed.

Engine overhaul and repaint into fleet livery, yes.

noticed a repainted Versa outside saltmeadows on Friday no roadstripes numbers or registration plates. i think it would be either 5385 or 5386 as I saw all the other Versa's still in Quaycity plus 5387 - 5389

I also saw ex GNW 3201 being towed in by an Alpha recovery truck. it was quickly put round the back.
(13 Feb 2023, 5:50 pm)BFK wrote 3941 is now in corporate livery and at Sunderland depot.  Currently being prepared for PSV.
Will this stay at Deptford or will it go somewhere else?
Go North East should really consider dropping the East Gateshead Rider/Loop Brands and have the B9's in Corporate Livery to allow greater flexibility among allocations as these B9's seem to spend more time off route than on allocated route lately.

I've also noticed in the past 2 weeks there has been quite a few Omnidekka's on the 93/94 showing that there is a lack of Euro 6 Spares for other Services that go into Newcastle.
Site Administrator
(27 Feb 2023, 7:26 pm)Malarkey wrote Go North East should really consider dropping the East Gateshead Rider/Loop Brands and have the B9's in Corporate Livery to allow greater flexibility among allocations as these B9's seem to spend more time off route than on allocated route lately.

I've also noticed in the past 2 weeks there has been quite a few Omnidekka's on the 93/94 showing that there is a lack of Euro 6 Spares for other Services that go into Newcastle.

This was discussed recently. It is a temporary problem because Euro 6 buses from Go-Ahead London have not yet been delivered.

Once they arrive, there will be plenty of spare coverage without using buses from the 93/94.

(28 Feb 2023, 5:47 am)Dan wrote This was discussed recently. It is a temporary problem because Euro 6 buses from Go-Ahead London have not yet been delivered.

Once they arrive, there will be plenty of spare coverage without using buses from the 93/94.

Any idea when the remainder of these buses will be arriving as it seems to be taking a very long time. Is there a problem with supply of parts for the single door conversion?.
(28 Feb 2023, 9:32 am)ian foster wrote Any idea when the remainder of these buses will be arriving as it seems to be taking a very long time. Is there a problem with supply of parts for the single door conversion?.

According to photos from Blackburn there are a few still in London colours with centre doors, waiting their turn to be converted

(28 Feb 2023, 9:32 am)ian foster wrote Any idea when the remainder of these buses will be arriving as it seems to be taking a very long time. Is there a problem with supply of parts for the single door conversion?.
Their conversion is slower due to being Dual door spec they have no emergency door on the offside.
(28 Feb 2023, 9:32 am)ian foster wrote Any idea when the remainder of these buses will be arriving as it seems to be taking a very long time. Is there a problem with supply of parts for the single door conversion?.
Deliveries should speed up soon as Thornton’s are now doing a few of themselves