You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - January 2014

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - January 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(25 Jan 2014, 4:10 pm)Tom wrote If they dont interwork then yes, but pretty sure they do.

I did see the same bus on the 52 later in the day, and all photos I've seen of the 53 have always been Pulsars or ALX300s.
Redcar had an ALX200 Dart and 1638 on the 63 today.

1759 was on there one night earlier this week...

Been a few unusual appearances by Stockton Scanias recently too, 4658 on 28/30 yesterday and there have been appearances on 28/30 and 29 earlier in the week too.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(25 Jan 2014, 10:46 pm)tyresmoke wrote Been a few unusual appearances by Stockton Scanias recently too, 4658 on 28/30 yesterday and there have been appearances on 28/30 and 29 earlier in the week too.

And 4652 on the X6 this morning.
(25 Jan 2014, 10:59 pm)Kuyoyo wrote And 4652 on the X6 this morning.

Scanias are used regularly on X6 now. From mid February they should be found exclusively on 5/5A alongside Pulsars...

7433 working the 23's today Sunderland-Peterlee-Hartlepool

Arriva 21A (4007) came into Peterlee bus station 30 minutes late at 13:45 and went out not in service, leaving the Arriva service 21 (2868) solo to pick all the passengers up and the bus was packed.

(27 Jan 2014, 3:58 pm)cbma06 wrote 7433 working the 23's today Sunderland-Peterlee-Hartlepool

Arriva 21A (4007) came into Peterlee bus station 30 minutes late at 13:45 and went out not in service, leaving the Arriva service 21 (2868) solo to pick all the passengers up and the bus was packed.

4007 was 30 late on the 28 this morning from Lingdale that it does before it works the 0845 21A from Middlesbrough... Doesn't surprise me that the 2nd driver has taken it to Peterlee and gone back light...

(27 Jan 2014, 4:13 pm)tyresmoke wrote 4007 was 30 late on the 28 this morning from Lingdale that it does before it works the 0845 21A from Middlesbrough... Doesn't surprise me that the 2nd driver has taken it to Peterlee and gone back light...

Doesn't surprise me either knowing Arriva, though its a sorry state of affairs when an hourly service is missed out just like that (Though no doubt Mr Volvo the Arriva apologist will disagree)
I've moved the posts about service changes and the like into the "Arriva North East - Latest" thread so that it doesn't clutter the rare workings thread up too much.

(27 Jan 2014, 4:50 pm)Roland Pratt wrote Doesn't surprise me either knowing Arriva, though its a sorry state of affairs when an hourly service is missed out just like that (Though no doubt Mr Volvo the Arriva apologist will disagree)

No, thats just poor supervision.
(27 Jan 2014, 10:26 pm)VolvoMarkII wrote No, thats just poor supervision.

Here's another one for you. This morning 900 5A failed to operate - changed to Sorry not in service and went out empty. 930 5A pulled onto stand 942 to drop off, waved people back in, parked up in middle, changed drivers then went out via Wilson Street without picking up on stand. Obviuosly can't have been defective or wouldn't have gone down Wilson Street. Is that an acceptable way to run a service?
Redcar had Dart 1306 on the 5 for Whitby today, along with Temsa 4716/4720 and Prestige 4041...
93 branded E400 7504 was running around on service 81, of course.

One from yesterday, along with the more-normal back-up allocation of Cadets and Centros, 15s had the delights of Prestige 4037

.jpg ANE-4037.JPG
Dart 1640 stranded on A66 dual carriageway at 8.10 this morning. Half on and half off the carriageway with Hazard Lights on. No sign of passengers though so they'd either been picked up or it was on an empty working Stockton bound.
(28 Jan 2014, 10:09 am)Roland Pratt wrote Here's another one for you. This morning 900 5A failed to operate - changed to Sorry not in service and went out empty. 930 5A pulled onto stand 942 to drop off, waved people back in, parked up in middle, changed drivers then went out via Wilson Street without picking up on stand. Obviuosly can't have been defective or wouldn't have gone down Wilson Street. Is that an acceptable way to run a service?

What does this have to do with Durham Road?

If you have an issue, contact Arriva. Nobody cares except you.
(28 Jan 2014, 8:30 pm)9920up wrote Dart 1640 stranded on A66 dual carriageway at 8.10 this morning. Half on and half off the carriageway with Hazard Lights on. No sign of passengers though so they'd either been picked up or it was on an empty working Stockton bound.

Saw 1617 and 1649 on X66s later.
(28 Jan 2014, 10:55 pm)VolvoMarkII wrote What does this have to do with Durham Road?

If you have an issue, contact Arriva. Nobody cares except you.

Has nothing at all to do with Durham Road, it just has to do with your attitude that Arriva is perfect and anyone who points out their shortcomings is involved in a personal vendetta against them.

You might not care but I'm sure anybody who happened to be waiting one and a half hours for a 5A might think otherwise.
(30 Jan 2014, 2:48 am)alibill_36 wrote Wednesday p.m.

Prestige 4038 at Eldon Square for the 18:00 X2 service.

Interesting as I brought that into Middlesbrough at 1525 from Saltersgill, presume it got pinched after that!

Redcar Dart 1103 (I think) on service 63 today.

Stockton had Prestige 4040 on 27/27A yesterday afternoon.

Pulsar 1512 made a very unusual appearance on services 28/30 today, continuing its tour of the allocation sheet...!

Another one I've just remembered from yesterday. Darlington had mini Dart 1767 on service 21, normally solid Solo!

Odd working of the day - 'The Captain's Tale' Pulsar 1479 worked the 1915 X1 from Durham and 2020 return from Middlesbrough. It had previously worked the 469 school run.
(31 Jan 2014, 10:19 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Odd working of the day - 'The Captain's Tale' Pulsar 1479 worked the 1915 X1 from Durham and 2020 return from Middlesbrough. It had previously worked the 469 school run.

Seen at Concord Bus Station in Washington too, working the 463 school run. That was about 15.45.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook