You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
(06 Feb 2023, 9:03 pm)Will be at Keel Square, Sunderland 10am-130pm and International Bangladeshi Centre 2-4pm tomorrow (https://www.england.nhs.uk/2023/02/nhs-l...y-disease/) wrote [Image: 82b44057e03eb49f833d72fce02b3def.jpg]

Stagecoach Manchester’s 11254 has arrived at SNE’s Sunderland Depot for a tour of some sort, this was posted onto an enthusiast group on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
(06 Feb 2023, 9:13 pm)DeltaMan wrote Stagecoach network route maps looks like they've finally been updated on the website in the new style across all North East areas.
I see they still have the most useful map ever produced...
[Image: image.png]
(07 Feb 2023, 8:19 am)ReDemPTiion wrote Good bus 22885 probably the best one Stockton are getting. Anything heading north to replace it?
As far as I know nothing up as of yet
(07 Feb 2023, 8:19 am)ReDemPTiion wrote Good bus 22885 probably the best one Stockton are getting. Anything heading north to replace it?
(07 Feb 2023, 2:26 pm)Dyllan7817 wrote As far as I know nothing up as of yet

All the remaining 272xxs are out in service at Stockton today - despite, interestingly, 27252 being allocated to the UTCG/5193 scholar runs this morning but still ended up going out onto the service part of that board at half 9 to do 57/58s.
22885 has actually entered service on Teesside today - on the 101, and unless swapped will be working 12s, the late 10s and the late 101.
Just spotted a SNcle training vehicle in New York near Greenlea before. Don't know if maybe route learning or just driver training.

Stagecoach currently run the Sunday 54's although the 335 runs that way too.
(07 Feb 2023, 5:03 pm)L469 YVK wrote Just spotted a SNcle training vehicle in New York near Greenlea before. Don't know if maybe route learning or just driver training.

Stagecoach currently run the Sunday 54's although the 335 runs that way too.
Could be but could also mean absolutely nothing. I've seen a E400 pass through Tynemouth last year and nowt been said about why it was there. I think training buses go anywhere
i think with the electrics all being allocated to Sunderland, SNE are missing a trick. I would have thought if 5 were allocated to both slatyford/walkergate and then the remainder to Sunderland you could kill two birds with one stone inn relation to CAZ, namely both Newcastle depots could oust 5 of their worst CAZ vehicles to sunderland, combine those with 30 new vehicles and thats the gas buses sorted
(07 Feb 2023, 8:10 pm)toward6931 wrote i think with the electrics all being allocated to Sunderland, SNE are missing a trick. I would have thought if 5 were allocated to both slatyford/walkergate and then the remainder to Sunderland you could kill two birds with one stone inn relation to CAZ, namely both Newcastle depots could oust 5 of their worst CAZ vehicles to sunderland, combine those with 30 new vehicles and thats the gas buses sorted

Are the electrics not being shared out to other local authority areas? Newcastle already has plenty of electric stuff, with more to come, depriving Sunderland and South Tyneside for yet more in Newcastle doesn't look good for tax payers who are footing the bill for most of these buses.
(29 Jan 2023, 11:11 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Quick question for any Teessiders, is anyone able to confirm which if any of these withdrawn buses remain onsite at Stockton depot?

And which if any of the following remain on site at Hartlepool

All five of Hartlepool's are still on site, parked up beside the old Bristol. The remaining six MAN's are being withdrawn once the MOTs run out with the last due out of service in October I believe.
(30 Jan 2023, 5:48 pm)col87 wrote One other point as well the Hartlepool 6/7 must be one of the most frequent services in the region been every 10 minutes on a Monday - Saturday daytime and the 7 can frequently get full coming off the Headland same coming from Owton Manor can be full by bottom of Rossmere Way same with the 6 by the time it gets to Oxford Road so some investment is needed for better buses in Hartlepool. I not saying Deckers although would be nice but some full size singles are needed again at least. Same with the services the peak time 3/3A have been quite full on occasions and the Middlesbrough ones can get full at times as well.

There was talk a while back of Hartlepool getting some 220XX's. The problem being the 39XXX MAN's, at 11.5 metres long barely fit over the pits so they can't have anything full size there as they simply don't fit in engineering. Now they've ran out of the 360XX batch, Hartlepool looks set to receive more Darts to replace the remaining MAN's when the MOT runs out on them. The MAN's are generally better buses but being German, the parts cost more than double what they do for Dart's. Hence the current programme of withdrawl on MOT expiry and that the last 5 to go are still on site as parts donors.
(08 Feb 2023, 12:04 pm)tcts24 wrote There was talk a while back of Hartlepool getting some 220XX's. The problem being the 39XXX MAN's, at 11.5 metres long barely fit over the pits so they can't have anything full size there as they simply don't fit in engineering. Now they've ran out of the 360XX batch, Hartlepool looks set to receive more Darts to replace the remaining MAN's when the MOT runs out on them. The MAN's are generally better buses but being German, the parts cost more than double what they do for Dart's. Hence the current programme of withdrawl on MOT expiry and that the last 5 to go are still on site as parts donors.
Problem is where any further Darts are to come from, Stagecoach South has just sold the bulk to a scrap dealer. Even if those at Shields are to move down, something has to replace them, as they too are earmarked for MANviro elimination... Then there's those at Sunderland to eliminate...
(08 Feb 2023, 1:26 am)deanmachine wrote Are the electrics not being shared out to other local authority areas? Newcastle already has plenty of electric stuff, with more to come, depriving Sunderland and South Tyneside for yet more in Newcastle doesn't look good for tax payers who are footing the bill for most of these buses.
i don't think its a good look for stagecoach where 40 brand new gas buses go to one depot and barely a decade later they are being replaced by another 40 vehicles.

plus at this moment Newcastle is the only area to have a CAZ zone. SNE are still using 04/05/06 plate ALX 300s that aren't compliant,

instead of a convoluted affair of putting new buses in service at Sunderland to cascade some 11 plate E300s to Newcastle to then cascade some ALXs to Stockton to then cascade newer E300s back to Newcastle.

instead you could divert a small number to walkergate and slatyford allowing those vehicles to transfer in to Sunderland arriving with the 30 other new electrics.

plus I'm not sure if local authority have been paying for electric vehicles so shouldn't bother tax payers, only fare paying passengers
(08 Feb 2023, 2:23 pm)toward6931 wrote i don't think its a good look for stagecoach where 40 brand new gas buses go to one depot and barely a decade later they are being replaced by another 40 vehicles.

plus at this moment Newcastle is the only area to have a CAZ zone. SNE are still using 04/05/06 plate ALX 300s that aren't compliant,

instead of a convoluted affair of putting new buses in service at Sunderland to cascade some 11 plate E300s to Newcastle to then cascade some ALXs to Stockton to then cascade newer E300s back to Newcastle.

instead you could divert a small number to walkergate and slatyford allowing those vehicles to transfer in to Sunderland arriving with the 30 other new electrics.

plus I'm not sure if local authority have been paying for electric vehicles so shouldn't bother tax payers, only fare paying passengers

Isnt Sunderland due 20 new electrics then? Where are the other 20 coming from to make 40?
Surely the electrics will be directly replacing the gas buses and the 11 plates in turn displacing the remaining gas buses.

No doubt with the few currently at Walkergate joining them. Should be enough if I'm right to sort Sunderland out.

Doubt there'd be any spare to go elsewhere.

I don't know why but I have a feeling the Inverness Enviro 300's and Enviro 200 MMC's will turn up here. The rest have come pretty much.
(08 Feb 2023, 3:04 pm)stagecoachfan wrote Isnt Sunderland due 20 new electrics then? Where are the other 20 coming from to make 40?
i thought it was 40 to replace 40 gas buses. if it isnt sorry my mistake

(08 Feb 2023, 3:03 pm)F114TML wrote We're getting 20 leccies, not 30
sorry my mistake
(07 Feb 2023, 8:10 pm)toward6931 wrote i think with the electrics all being allocated to Sunderland, SNE are missing a trick. I would have thought if 5 were allocated to both slatyford/walkergate and then the remainder to Sunderland you could kill two birds with one stone inn relation to CAZ, namely both Newcastle depots could oust 5 of their worst CAZ vehicles to sunderland, combine those with 30 new vehicles and thats the gas buses sorted

The main problem is infrastructure at slatyford and walkergate because there are no electric chargers. Also having microfleets is never a good thing and makes sense to have one bus type rather than 2 or 3.
(08 Feb 2023, 5:49 pm)NEbushopper wrote The main problem is infrastructure at slatyford and walkergate because there are no electric chargers. Also having microfleets is never a good thing and makes sense to have one bus type rather than 2 or 3.
well ok fair enough ill agree with that, SNE dont seem to be bothered about microfleeting though, just look at the darts, the ALX 300s before CAZ
(08 Feb 2023, 1:39 pm)54APhotography wrote Problem is where any further Darts are to come from, Stagecoach South has just sold the bulk to a scrap dealer. Even if those at Shields are to move down, something has to replace them, as they too are earmarked for MANviro elimination... Then there's those at Sunderland to eliminate...

They already managed to find 3 from Barnsley and I was in Lincolnshire the other day and the first bus I saw was a Stagecoach Dart. I don't think South Shields has the same engineering issue that Hartlepool does so it shouldn't be a problem to sens any old crap there to release the Darts.
Hartlepool only has 6 remaining MAN's so it shouldn't be too difficult to find 6 Darts from somewhere. There may be a change of plan at some point but the last mention of it from Hartlepool's engineering is more Dart's. Guess we'll find out soon enough, as I was driving 39663 last night with a March '23 MOT expiry sticker in the cab.
(09 Feb 2023, 11:03 am)tcts24 wrote They already managed to find 3 from Barnsley and I was in Lincolnshire the other day and the first bus I saw was a Stagecoach Dart. I don't think South Shields has the same engineering issue that Hartlepool does so it shouldn't be a problem to sens any old crap there to release the Darts.
Hartlepool only has 6 remaining MAN's so it shouldn't be too difficult to find 6 Darts from somewhere. There may be a change of plan at some point but the last mention of it from Hartlepool's engineering is more Dart's. Guess we'll find out soon enough, as I was driving 39663 last night with a March '23 MOT expiry sticker in the cab.
The remaining Yorkshire Darts went either for scrap for as Trainers, huge numbers sold off since the last arrivals at Hartlepool & South Shields. Be interesting where they come from, the closest being Grimsby & Scunthorpe
(09 Feb 2023, 11:09 am)54APhotography wrote The remaining Yorkshire Darts went either for scrap for as Trainers, huge numbers sold off since the last arrivals at Hartlepool & South Shields. Be interesting where they come from, the closest being Grimsby & Scunthorpe

BIB - Yorkshire are presently converting E200s into trainers to replace their ALX300-bodied MANs, partly down to the two CAZ zones being implemented down there this year (Sheffield City Centre at the end of this month and Rawmarsh Hill at some point). Of course, Yorkshire are due a large investment this year with electrics for Rawmarsh and the E400MMCs for Sheffield Holbrook, who's to say there might be some spare E200s that could be up for grabs Wink
(09 Feb 2023, 11:17 am)Kuyoyo wrote BIB - Yorkshire are presently converting E200s into trainers to replace their ALX300-bodied MANs, partly down to the two CAZ zones being implemented down there this year (Sheffield City Centre at the end of this month and Rawmarsh Hill at some point). Of course, Yorkshire are due a large investment this year with electrics for Rawmarsh and the E400MMCs for Sheffield Holbrook, who's to say there might be some spare E200s that could be up for grabs Wink

I thought driver training vehicles were exempt from CAZ regulations - I'm sure that was the case in the Newcastle one anyway
The whole thing about CAZ is ridiculous. All it means, is surrounding areas have to surrender their ‘compliant’ vehicles , meaning places such as Shields , Sunderland, Teesside , have to give up ‘their’ vehicles. The CAZ thing should be postponed until there’s a NE Mayor covering TW, Co Durham and Northumberland. I understand it would make vehicle transfer from Teesside harder as they under a different Mayor, even though he’s a fraud .
(09 Feb 2023, 9:10 pm)Economic505 wrote The whole thing about CAZ is ridiculous. All it means, is surrounding areas have to surrender their ‘compliant’ vehicles , meaning places such as Shields , Sunderland, Teesside , have to give up ‘their’ vehicles. The CAZ thing should be postponed until there’s a NE Mayor covering TW, Co Durham and Northumberland.  I understand it would make vehicle transfer from Teesside harder as they under a different Mayor, even  though he’s a fraud .
Go north east and Stagecoach are throwing any tat on Sunderland routes
the new arriva imo