You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
(01 Feb 2014, 10:57 am)Michael wrote Ah oh well

Didn't Deptford also loose a 2nd Vyking?

Has Gateshead or Winlaton lost any buses yet?

An Olympian would have been withdrawn from Gateshead and 4845 has gone to Deptford in return for 4920.
(01 Feb 2014, 11:03 am)Dan wrote An Olympian would have been withdrawn from Gateshead and 4845 has gone to Deptford in return for 4920.

Cheer's, by end of the weekend will rest of the Olympian's at Gateshead be withdrawn?

Expect for the branded routes, which Northern routes will operate from Riverside (not sure on which depot runs what)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Feb 2014, 11:08 am)Michael wrote Cheer's, by end of the weekend will rest of the Olympian's at Gateshead be withdrawn?

Dont you mean Riverside Tongue
(01 Feb 2014, 11:09 am)citaro5284 wrote Dont you mean Riverside Tongue

Maybe, have't made my mind up yet Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(01 Feb 2014, 11:08 am)Michael wrote Cheer's, by end of the weekend will rest of the Olympian's at Gateshead be withdrawn?

Expect for the branded routes, which Northern routes will operate from Riverside (not sure on which depot runs what)

Not if their replacement has not arrived yet!
(01 Feb 2014, 11:12 am)Dan wrote Not if their replacement has not arrived yet!

They can have 2 more Vykings from Deptford if they like... i would drive them myself over to the depot for them.. Tongue

Wonder when all of the repainted buses will get branded....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Destinations on the bendies have been altered as from tomorrow, it is not non stop with stopping at the Riverside.

There is a play on words with the scrolling bottom line heading towards the Metrocentre......Adam M Big Grin
(01 Feb 2014, 1:30 pm)Dan wrote 6044 departing Mbro 25m late on the X9...joy!

Got stuck in Newcastle with all the Black'n'white supporters heading to the game....left Newcastle around 32 minutes late
Just a couple of observations from my travels today.

Saw a 4 in service, coming from Houghton via Rainton Bridge earlier.
About an hour before that, the sleep, eat, smell of foist Loylne was coming from Houghton NIS.
Saw it later on an x25.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(01 Feb 2014, 1:57 pm)citaro5284 wrote Got stuck in Newcastle with all the Black'n'white supporters heading to the game....left Newcastle around 32 minutes late

Why don't they just stick a few spares on that have tachographs to try and make up the time.
This is probably a no go since they will need extra drivers.
(01 Feb 2014, 2:05 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Why don't they just stick a few spares on that have tachographs to try and make up the time.

Where would you put a spare on from if that was the one operating late?, Control would not know before hand that that particular journey was going to be delayed...Also remember you need to have the drivers available (who are in EU scope) not just the buses.

The only thing that can be done is to get a bus available to leave Newcastle the next time round on time, which of course gives Control 3 hours to arrange both bus and driver.
Site Administrator
(01 Feb 2014, 1:57 pm)citaro5284 wrote Got stuck in Newcastle with all the Black'n'white supporters heading to the game....left Newcastle around 32 minutes late

And replaced by 3963 on the 1430 duty.

On another note, about 8 or 9 buses now round the front of Riverside - possibly more round the back.
Site Administrator
(01 Feb 2014, 2:48 pm)andreos1 wrote By that Ken gets about a bit!
Prowling the streets of Gateshead at all hours to take photos and gets an invite to the grand opening too!

Indeed I had a brief conversation with him last night - was very quick to come and go mind. Didn't stay any longer than 5 mins. Tongue
(01 Feb 2014, 2:55 pm)Dan wrote Indeed I had a brief conversation with him last night - was very quick to come and go mind. Didn't stay any longer than 5 mins. Tongue

Just a quicky was it? Wink
Site Administrator
(01 Feb 2014, 3:10 pm)andreos1 wrote Just a quicky was it? Wink

Would be you to play on the 'come and go'. Tongue
(01 Feb 2014, 3:11 pm)Dan wrote Would be you to play on the 'come and go'. Tongue

erm...
I had a friend that was into that.
She wasn't called Ken though.
(01 Feb 2014, 3:18 pm)Dan wrote Just five buses remain at Winlaton. A very quiet depot indeed.

How many remains at Gateshead?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(01 Feb 2014, 3:20 pm)Michael wrote How many remains at Gateshead?

I've not been round the back, but I could only see two when on the X9.
(01 Feb 2014, 3:21 pm)Dan wrote I've not been round the back, but I could only see two when on the X9.

Cheers
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Unidentified Merc bendy currently getting hitched up for a lift home at Metrocentre.
Its an unbranded one.
(01 Feb 2014, 3:53 pm)andreos1 wrote Unidentified Merc bendy currently getting hitched up for a lift home at Metrocentre.
Its an unbranded one.

Not far to travel now, just along the road.
(01 Feb 2014, 3:51 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Love to see the 27 to be called toon link

While I think a purple Citaro would look very nice, I think 'Crusader' has more of a connection with the route (the Jarrow Crusade).
Site Administrator
(01 Feb 2014, 3:53 pm)andreos1 wrote Unidentified Merc bendy currently getting hitched up for a lift home at Metrocentre.
Its an unbranded one.

Site Administrator
Riverside has quite a number of vehicles now - 11 vehicles at the front and perhaps 18 or so round the back. Also all of the training fleet too.

8229 appeared to be taking people to and from Sunderland Road.