You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Rare & Odd Workings 2023

Site Administrator
(22 Feb 2023, 5:39 pm)Rob44 wrote does the bus number disapear with the bus or if 6945 was sold for scrap could anoth bus be brought in and given that number?

Go North East doesn’t tend to re-use fleet numbers. Arriva does, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RE: Go North East: Rare & Odd Workings 2023
(22 Feb 2023, 5:45 pm)Dan wrote Go North East doesn’t tend to re-use fleet numbers. Arriva does, though.

Cheers
Site Administrator
(22 Feb 2023, 6:19 pm)wibblejunior wrote 6134/5 are the only two reused fleet numbers I can think of. (Since the original 6134/5 became 3995/6)

And, even then, neither had actually entered service with those fleet numbers.

(22 Feb 2023, 5:26 pm)Dan wrote ADL E400s

6950 is VOR at Gardiners, undergoing repaint. Should swap for 6945 once complete.

6959 and 6960 are back from London Bus Works (where they were repainted) and are VOR at Riverside, undergoing some mechanical repairs and MOT before entering service. Will allow the withdrawal of DFDS branded 6147/48 once in service, but possible that these may stay in service a little longer to allow some alternative re-allocations instead.

6964 is VOR at Saltmeadows waiting for parts. Will allow 6951 to go to Gardiners for repaint once parts arrive and it is back in service.

Volvo B9s

35 due in total.

6201, 6204, 6225 - 6230 are all in service (6201/4/25 at Percy Main, 6226-30 at Riverside).

6221 has been delivered and requires MOT before entering service.

WVL277/281/301/303 have just come out of service from Go-Ahead London recently - they are all at Thorntons now for single-door conversion and repaint. Had been intended for these to go to Bus & Coach World but were diverted to Thorntons as B&CW have had issues getting VTP5 tests but they are more readily available at Sandy Lane.

WVL286/289/290/291 are just out of service within the last week or so. They will be picked up by Thorntons for repaint and single-door conversion as soon as is possible.

WVL282-285/287/288 are still in service.

The remaining 11 are all at Bus & Coach World in Blackburn for repaint and single-door conversion. As mentioned, test availability has resulted in huge delays to these buses being converted and delivered. It’s expected that 4 or 5 will be delivered by the end of this month though.

Thank you for that, the delays explains where they've just vanished to. Guessing the rest will be moving up to Thorntons, when they sort their blind problem out (just been reading the London bus forum) on their Enviro 400's (massive downgrade imo).
Isn't a single door conversion of a 14 year old bus a bit of a waste of time

(22 Feb 2023, 4:56 pm)Acky81 wrote 664 on the 60
5376 on the 39
What’s that all about
I also noticed a Peterlee purple on the 60s
60 always get solos, it has for years
Site Administrator
(22 Feb 2023, 6:46 pm)Unber43 wrote Isn't a single door conversion of a 14 year old bus a bit of a waste of time

Not really. You would be the first to complain about dual-door buses being used in frontline service (the Volvo B9 are mainly replacing Scania OmniDekka, but also some other vehicles used on frontline work).

(22 Feb 2023, 6:52 pm)Dan wrote Not really. You would be the first to complain about dual-door buses being used in frontline service (the Volvo B9 are mainly replacing Scania OmniDekka, but also some other vehicles used on frontline work).

Do I think conversion from a dual door to a single door is great, yes I do. And tbf I don't think i've ever complained about it, i would complain if it was maybe a bus less than 8 years old. But 14.
(22 Feb 2023, 7:06 pm)Unber43 wrote Do I think conversion from a dual door to a single door is great, yes I do. And tbf I don't think i've ever complained about it, i would complain if it was maybe a bus less than 8 years old. But 14.

London won't be releasing 8 year old buses anytime soon though so it's not really an option. The B9's are decent buses, they're better than must the crap made after - Enviro's in particular.
(22 Feb 2023, 6:46 pm)Unber43 wrote Isn't a single door conversion of a 14 year old bus a bit of a waste of time

60 always get solos, it has for years
I would of thought far too small for service 60
(22 Feb 2023, 7:09 pm)Storx wrote London won't be releasing 8 year old buses anytime soon though so it's not really an option. The B9's are decent buses, they're better than must the crap made after - Enviro's in particular.
I was going back to when in 2018/19 they released some G2s which were converted.

I hope the E400 & G2 are getting a retrofit as some of the seats are hard as a rock
(22 Feb 2023, 7:13 pm)Acky81 wrote I would of thought far too small for service 60
They are, the '60s are always busy, the streetlites get packed on peaks morning and evening and throughout the whole days, even at quiet times if you get a solo most of the seats are taken throughout the whole journey and especially with them being down 1 bus due to them being every 15 mins rather than every 12. Not to mention when the 60s don't run and quite often as the 7:34 on a morning (if it runs, it hasn't quite a lot), does the 16:41 on a night and quite often the two/three buses before doesn't run whether that's due to them just not running or delays on the route they get rammed. The 60s are delayed often as well so normally monday-Friday at least 2/3 days out of the 5 there's a 60 that doesn't run as it doesn't have a driver which isn't listed on cancellations. 

There was one time, I just missed the 16:08, and the next 60 didn't run till 17:26. Now that was a bad day. 

7:34's often don't run.
Site Administrator
(22 Feb 2023, 7:09 pm)Storx wrote London won't be releasing 8 year old buses anytime soon though so it's not really an option. The B9's are decent buses, they're better than must the crap made after - Enviro's in particular.

These are probably some of the final buses out of London that will be of interest.

What remains of the London fleet will predominantly be leased or Hybrid, so of little interest to other operators.

It is no coincidence that Ensign have recently sold their dealer business when one of the biggest parts of their business model is changing (for the worst, from their perspective).

(22 Feb 2023, 8:20 pm)Dan wrote These are probably some of the final buses out of London that will be of interest.

What remains of the London fleet will predominantly be leased or Hybrid, so of little interest to other operators.

It is no coincidence that Ensign have recently sold their dealer business when one of the biggest parts of their business model is changing (for the worst, from their perspective).

Interesting, didn't realise there was more leasing, I know Arriva have been getting arid of their lease stock lately even known it's newer. It's why I look once in a blue moon as it's pretty much certainty something will end up here at some point to replace the B7's and curious what's going to happen with their 10 Streetdeck's which are hated as an understatement.

Be interesting to see if someone does a Vivarail and attempts to convert Hybrids to flog on at some point otherwise soon there's going to be a lot of non expired Deckers going to scrap early plus the Borismasters which are pretty much useless.

Mind I'm not sure what FirstGroup wants with Ensign though.
(22 Feb 2023, 9:28 pm)Storx wrote Interesting, didn't realise there was more leasing, I know Arriva have been getting arid of their lease stock lately even known it's newer. It's why I look once in a blue moon as it's pretty much certainty something will end up here at some point to replace the B7's and curious what's going to happen with their 10 Streetdeck's which are hated as an understatement.

Be interesting to see if someone does a Vivarail and attempts to convert Hybrids to flog on at some point otherwise soon there's going to be a lot of non expired Deckers going to scrap early plus the Borismasters which are pretty much useless.

Mind I'm not sure what FirstGroup wants with Ensign though.
Whats up with the streetdecks
(22 Feb 2023, 9:37 pm)Unber43 wrote Whats up with the streetdecks

Going off what I read on the London Bus Forum, they're an odd batch of 10 and have serious reliability issues to the stage they struggle on small hills. This is Arriva London btw. People predict they're going to end up at Leeds or Liverpool to join their batches.
(24 Feb 2023, 7:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote There's a 21 branded decker out pretending to be an X10.
Yes, was gonna post here about it too.
(24 Feb 2023, 7:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote There's a 21 branded decker out pretending to be an X10.
There's also an X21 Branded Decker on the X10 aswell. 

Im pretty sure either X21/21 Branded as been on all week
(28 Feb 2023, 8:54 pm)Andreos1 wrote Corporate MMC200 on the 21

On again today, along with 5492
Views and Opinions are my own
(01 Mar 2023, 9:46 am)NL62WVW wrote On again today, along with 5492

Schools are back so they won't have the Scania's spare anymore I'd assume and it's better to just affect one route than affecting two.
Angelic bus on the 93 today heading towards the gold medal at 745 ( unless it was a 91 heading to continue its day on another route)
(22 Feb 2023, 5:26 pm)Dan wrote ADL E400s

6950 is VOR at Gardiners, undergoing repaint. Should swap for 6945 once complete.

6959 and 6960 are back from London Bus Works (where they were repainted) and are VOR at Riverside, undergoing some mechanical repairs and MOT before entering service. Will allow the withdrawal of DFDS branded 6147/48 once in service, but possible that these may stay in service a little longer to allow some alternative re-allocations instead.

6964 is VOR at Saltmeadows waiting for parts. Will allow 6951 to go to Gardiners for repaint once parts arrive and it is back in service.

Volvo B9s

35 due in total.

6201, 6204, 6225 - 6230 are all in service (6201/4/25 at Percy Main, 6226-30 at Riverside).

6221 has been delivered and requires MOT before entering service.

WVL277/281/301/303 have just come out of service from Go-Ahead London recently - they are all at Thorntons now for single-door conversion and repaint. Had been intended for these to go to Bus & Coach World but were diverted to Thorntons as B&CW have had issues getting VTP5 tests but they are more readily available at Sandy Lane.

WVL286/289/290/291 are just out of service within the last week or so. They will be picked up by Thorntons for repaint and single-door conversion as soon as is possible.

WVL282-285/287/288 are still in service.

The remaining 11 are all at Bus & Coach World in Blackburn for repaint and single-door conversion. As mentioned, test availability has resulted in huge delays to these buses being converted and delivered. It’s expected that 4 or 5 will be delivered by the end of this month though.

6203 and 6208 were delivered last week (02/03/23) and are in the process of getting NSA’s installed and will probs then go to their respective depots.

6964 has moved on from Saltmeadows, not sure where it is now.

5401 is now in fleet livery

There was an X Lines double decker on the 56 leaving Newcastle this morning. Think it was 6357.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk