Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(01 Feb 2014, 9:50 pm)speedwheels22 wrote So with riverside opening could we see some winlaton buses on sunderlnad rd routes and vise versa

Yes you could, but remember now they are all Riverside routes and Riverside vehicles, so no Winlaton and Sunderland Road anymore.
(01 Feb 2014, 9:35 pm)citaro5284 wrote There is only 6 Blaydon Racers required on a Sunday, so in theory should be able to cope with the normal allocation of vehicles as they have 9.

Ah, completely forgot that it was Sunday tomorrow. Silly me.Big Grin
(01 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Shame riverside won't be operating the 5 if they did might put some good buses on there quite like versas

The 5 can still get the odd Versa on it, providing the Quaylink isn't moving over.
6071 may be an interesting one as that could act as a spare for the TTX with it having a Tacho and powerful engine. The only trouble is the driver having to argue with a pushchair user to fold it down for the A19.
(01 Feb 2014, 10:01 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote 6071 may be an interesting one as that could act as a spare for the TTX with it having a Tacho and powerful engine. The only trouble is the driver having to argue with a pushchair user to fold it down for the A19.

Yep, personally I think this will be used over 3963 because of its powerful engine where as 3963 is worn down to the bone after so many years of going to Middlesbrough and back.
(01 Feb 2014, 10:01 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote 6071 may be an interesting one as that could act as a spare for the TTX with it having a Tacho and powerful engine. The only trouble is the driver having to argue with a pushchair user to fold it down for the A19.

Picking up on the engine bit, could it be said that the engines are wasted on the 10?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(01 Feb 2014, 10:12 pm)andreos1 wrote Picking up on the engine bit, could it be said that the engines are wasted on the 10?

I'd say they probably aren't required for the 10A/10B, as most of it is reasonably "urban", but on the 10 after Prudhoe and towards Hexham, I'd say they pick up the pace a little bit.
(01 Feb 2014, 7:13 pm)busman101 wrote There is also the thorny issue of where you park the spare bus as there's been a few issues in Eldon Square with buses parking in there for a while - unless of course, your bus is painted green !!! A bit like green bottles, there where 4 green buses parked against the wall a couple of Sunday's ago in Eldon Square

We need a like button on this forum, its not only on a sunday, funny how nexus are quick to move gne bus off a joint operated stand but wont move a stagecoach or arriva bus.
One thing I must say is that GNE have made a very good decision ordering the Volvo B9TL when they've upgraded routes from older double deckers or from single deckers. They've went down the route of folking out a bit extra to buy a quality double deck bus wuth a quality engine that will last many years, unlike the chea and nasty route Arriva took by purchasing E400's and VDL DB300's with cheap nasty turbocharged Cummins engines that are only designed for town and city work, not endurance or rural work tearing through rural B roads; and up and down a stretch of the A1 and the A19. GNE have safeguarded double deck routes for the long term with the B9's, whereas Arriva are now screwed and only have the option to purchase so called eco friendly double decks with tiny little turbocharged engines that are uselsss for the type of routes in Northumberland (x10,x11,x21,x22,x15 and x18) that Arriva run
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(02 Feb 2014, 12:46 am)speedwheels22 wrote Why don't go northeast buy some Scania OmniCity double deckers they look great good buses and some Scania OmniCity bendy for X66

Great buses I agree, but can't see it happening. It's been said that the X66 should be getting 11.7m Versas, with an increase in frequency, to give the same seats per hour as the bendies do.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Remembering saying a few weeks back, that Go North East could buy newer buses second hand and get them a bit cheaper like they have in the past to help replace older buses, especailly after spending so much on these lovely new buses for prime services, Cobalt, fab56 etc.

Get these on the X21 - http://www.ensignbus.com/volvo-b9tl-2010.html

Some great buses availble for 2nd hand, Im surprised when GNE have sold a few darts etc to Ensign they havent suggested a swap or a deal to get some newer busesin return to replace older buses.
(02 Feb 2014, 12:46 am)speedwheels22 wrote Why don't go northeast buy some Scania OmniCity double deckers they look great good buses and some Scania OmniCity bendy for X66

You can't use deckers on centre link route due to low Bridge

Quite hard when the Omni range doesn't exist at Euro6, and its replacement the Citywide range isn't available in right-hand drive for the UK. All Scanias at Euro6 will have either Alexander Dennis bodywork (this year the Enviro range, next year their upcoming MMC (major model change) version) or the new Irizar offering.
(02 Feb 2014, 10:17 am)gtomlinson wrote You can't use deckers on centre link route due to low Bridge

It doesn't stop them from going round and along Askew Road. Yes this defeats the object of the Centre link but you wouldn't have to change the frequency and could get more seats over an hour.
Site Administrator
On the subject of the X66, I'd like to make reference to a topic discussed a few days ago: interior branding.

5347 now carries the same interior stickers as new purchases, as shown in the attachments below. If what I have been told is true, then these will be rolled out across the entire fleet and standardised interior branding will follow.
.jpg 20140202_103806.jpg
.jpg 20140202_103810.jpg
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(02 Feb 2014, 10:42 am)Dan wrote On the subject of the X66, I'd like to make reference to a topic discussed a few days ago: interior branding.

5347 now carries the same interior stickers as new purchases, as shown in the attachments below. If what I have been told is true, then these will be rolled out across the entire fleet and standardised interior branding will follow.

I'd still like to see some interior branding for each routes to be fair. It's like going to Asda nice sign, poster, billboard outside the store but when you walk in it's just plain white and black notices etc. It's a little odd really. At a time when branded routes are been pushed (Recent new vehicles, Fab56/Cobalt Clipper etc.) just a few logos and any notices in the style of the brand. Just my opinion anyways.
(02 Feb 2014, 10:42 am)Dan wrote On the subject of the X66, I'd like to make reference to a topic discussed a few days ago: interior branding.

Are you off to riverside for some pictures?

Glad we seen a roll out of standardised interior branding
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 11:22 am)Michael wrote Are you off to riverside for some pictures?

Glad we seen a roll out of standardised interior branding

That was done at 8am this morning!

Get home and upload this weekend's photos, do our bumper edition news and then update the fleetlists (kill me now - have been dreading riverside for this reason)... Today's plan!
(02 Feb 2014, 11:26 am)Dan wrote That was done at 8am this morning!

Get home and upload this weekend's photos, do our bumper edition news and then update the fleetlists (kill me now - have been dreading riverside for this reason)... Today's plan!

Dan, i can't get over how early you go out for pictures, i wouldn't be arsed at that time of the morning, its hard for me to get up for uni.... Tongue

Oh god fun....

Will their likely to be fleet movements again today, or were they all done yesterday?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 11:39 am)Michael wrote Dan, i can't get over how early you go out for pictures, i wouldn't be arsed at that time of the morning, its hard for me to get up for uni.... Tongue

Oh god fun....

Will their likely to be fleet movements again today, or were they all done yesterday?

After getting back at 9pm last night too - a 14 hour shift! #dedication Tongue

Don't think so.
(02 Feb 2014, 11:51 am)Dan wrote After getting back at 9pm last night too - a 14 hour shift! #dedication Tongue

Don't think so.

That is dedication!!

Hopefully when the fleet allocation is updated , the 2nd page gets removed where the 3 brand key's have moved over to the 2nd page

Page 1 - North
Page 2 - remaining 3 brands from page 1
Etc
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Is any Cobalt B9's in service yet? I'm wondering if one of the Cobalt Citaros may go to riverside for the new PVR of Blaydon Racers. They don't appear to be going off for repaint yet and one more is required from Monday.
(02 Feb 2014, 11:55 am)CatsFast101 wrote Is any Cobalt B9's in service yet? I'm wondering if one of the Cobalt Citaros may go to riverside for the new PVR of Blaydon Racers. They don't appear to be going off for repaint yet and one more is required from Monday.

Their is a citaro going to riverside for the Blaydon racers... when i have no idea, not sure if any has being sent away for a re-paint.

As for the B9's... could be next week, as before, not sure =(
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 11:55 am)CatsFast101 wrote Is any Cobalt B9's in service yet? I'm wondering if one of the Cobalt Citaros may go to riverside for the new PVR of Blaydon Racers. They don't appear to be going off for repaint yet and one more is required from Monday.

No.
I think the extra bus will end up being a B10BLE for now. Let things settle at Riverside first.
(02 Feb 2014, 10:22 am)northtynelinks2 wrote It doesn't stop them from going round and along Askew Road. Yes this defeats the object of the Centre link but you wouldn't have to change the frequency and could get more seats over an hour.

At peak times, infact most of the team the traffic there is bloody awful. It wouldn't be recommended especially on the return to Gateshead
Wonder if any of the drivers had a few tears yesterday for Gateshead or Winlaton depot closing.. most of the drivers probables being their for years and class it as their home...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.